What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Torain could be out for the season (1 Viewer)

Cecil Lammey

Footballguy
sorry Torain owners

more as I hear it, but right now it doesn't look good

Last edited by a moderator:
HILLIS WOOT!
It has to be Pope, Young or someone else. Hillis at tailback is the end of the Bronco season.
You really think this Bronco season is not over yet? They cannot stop the run to RBs or the pass to TEs or WRs. Playoffs? Chargers will come back and win this division. If the Raiders had won some of their close games, they might have been in contention....that is how horrible the division is.

Shockingly he didn't live up to the ridiculous hype here. Absolutely shocking.
Come on, he was looking pretty good before his knee got twisted. It's not like he had 20 carries for 3 yards. 12-68 and 1 is pretty respectable given when he left the game.

Cecil, what have you heard specifically? Sprain, with MRI tomorrow? I think this guy could be great in the Denver cutback system, twould be a shame for him to be hurt badly again...

Cecil, what have you heard specifically? Sprain, with MRI tomorrow? I think this guy could be great in the Denver cutback system, twould be a shame for him to be hurt badly again...
i agree. He seemed tentative on his first few carries - wasn't hitting the hole with authority, didn't seem to be making the right cuts. But as the game went on, he seemed to get very comfortable and was making all the right cuts and running very well. This season has to seem like a bad dream to Shanahan.

Cecil it also looked like Selvin Young tried to play but he clearly wasn't 100% healthy. His groin is definitely still bothering him. That said, he did play. Is there a chance that if he can play in 10 days he might see 15-20 touches? Maybe we won't know until after next Friday's practice so feel free to hold up on answering.

Follow up, did Scheffler re-aggravate his groin? He was riding the bike trying to stay loose but it wasn't clear if he made it worse by playing.

LMAO at "questioning" one of the hardest working FF correspondents on the beat.

Shockingly he didn't live up to the ridiculous hype here. Absolutely shocking.
This is a pretty dumb post. Just sayin'.
:yes:
Yeah. He absolutely lived up to the hype. Injuries are random events that can happen to anyone. No one player is more susceptible to an injury than another. All have the same chance of injury, so the fact that he put up one yard in his first game and couldn't finish half of the second says nothing about his living up to the hype. he more than delivered. I'm a better owner for reading those threads.Now, who's firing up the Popemobile? :rolleyes:

don't know if it's ACL or MCL, although there is speculation that it's ACLhe's getting an MRI tomorrow, so we'll know for sure then.

Cecil it also looked like Selvin Young tried to play but he clearly wasn't 100% healthy. His groin is definitely still bothering him. That said, he did play. Is there a chance that if he can play in 10 days he might see 15-20 touches? Maybe we won't know until after next Friday's practice so feel free to hold up on answering.Follow up, did Scheffler re-aggravate his groin? He was riding the bike trying to stay loose but it wasn't clear if he made it worse by playing.LMAO at "questioning" one of the hardest working FF correspondents on the beat.
Hillis is the front runner for the starting job, but if Young is healthy there are many who think he would start over Peyton.IDK how bad Scheffler's groin is, but he needs to get right and stay off the injury report! Hillis is an outstanding receiver, so on 3rd downs we could see Young/Hillis with one of them split out wide.

I'm from Arkansas .... Hillis is a fine fine RB, excellent reciever .... he can block and do it all if needed.

Sunava B#T#H!!!!! I held onto this guy for weeks!!! At least I got one start out of him and not too bad a fill in job for BarberIII. If I wouldn't have started him this week I think I would have thrown my laptop in the pool in disgust. I will never draft a Denver RB or pick one up off the waiver wire ever ever ever again!!!

:kicksrock:

boy he looked pretty good. but that injury looks bad. i can see torn acl coming out of this. probably makes him not worth keeping going into 2009, either.

Sunava B#T#H!!!!! I held onto this guy for weeks!!! At least I got one start out of him and not too bad a fill in job for BarberIII. If I wouldn't have started him this week I think I would have thrown my laptop in the pool in disgust. I will never draft a Denver RB or pick one up off the waiver wire ever ever ever again!!! :whistle:
Ah, memories. I remember saying that in 2006.

Sunava B#T#H!!!!! I held onto this guy for weeks!!! At least I got one start out of him and not too bad a fill in job for BarberIII. If I wouldn't have started him this week I think I would have thrown my laptop in the pool in disgust. I will never draft a Denver RB or pick one up off the waiver wire ever ever ever again!!! :whistle:
I was so close to doing it this week, despite the misery of last year. Thank goodness for the Bronco RB 12 step system.

wow...i just traded him away wed. for Chris Chambers(i own rivers)...talk about dodging a bullitt.

That said i was looking foward to watching this kid this year and seeing what he had..thats to bad..seems prone to injury.

I wouldnt touch a denver rb this year if i had to...i think they are cursed :thumbup:

Cecil it also looked like Selvin Young tried to play but he clearly wasn't 100% healthy. His groin is definitely still bothering him. That said, he did play. Is there a chance that if he can play in 10 days he might see 15-20 touches? Maybe we won't know until after next Friday's practice so feel free to hold up on answering.Follow up, did Scheffler re-aggravate his groin? He was riding the bike trying to stay loose but it wasn't clear if he made it worse by playing.LMAO at "questioning" one of the hardest working FF correspondents on the beat.
Hillis is the front runner for the starting job, but if Young is healthy there are many who think he would start over Peyton.IDK how bad Scheffler's groin is, but he needs to get right and stay off the injury report! Hillis is an outstanding receiver, so on 3rd downs we could see Young/Hillis with one of them split out wide.
So, would it be correct to say, that Young is the front runner, but you would have to hold and bench him, becausee he might not be ready by the next game (yes, even with 10 days rest), and meanwhile Hillis, Pope, Byrd or some new signee could start, and then when Young comes back you might have to hold him until he starts and plays a full game because he might not last? Sounds like fun.By the way Young had 17-22 carries in 4 games last year, but none consecutive. This year he had 10-11 carries three straight games, and a nice 5.6 ypc average, 1 TD, out for all or most of 4 straight games. But that's it.

I am sure that Selvin Young will be the front runner IF Torain is put on IR. He was the starter all year long until his injury.... and he knows the system.

Am I the only one on the board that thought Torain ran awkwardly? I watched him on every run, and to me he just ran without power and once he was hit he immediately hit the ground. I know his stats looked great, but he did not impress me that much. A player that has impressed me though his Peyton Hillis. He was the guy running with speed and power. I honestly think he will be in line for the carries, because to me he's looked more impressive as far as power and speed. I see Selvin being a third down change of pace back, IF he's healthy. And that's a BIG if.

JMO

Am I the only one on the board that thought Torain ran awkwardly? I watched him on every run, and to me he just ran without power and once he was hit he immediately hit the ground. I know his stats looked great, but he did not impress me that much. A player that has impressed me though his Peyton Hillis. He was the guy running with speed and power. I honestly think he will be in line for the carries, because to me he's looked more impressive as far as power and speed. I see Selvin being a third down change of pace back, IF he's healthy. And that's a BIG if. JMO
Actually it took several players to bring him down on several occasioons. I think that he was trying to get his feet under him, and get comfortable in his first few carries.... after that he looked VERY good.

Users who are viewing this thread