What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2023-2024 Subscriber Post Season/Playoffs Contest (2 Viewers)

I have a MIA-SF Super Bowl, and otherwise tried to be super chalky & skip lots of games. Ended up picking 8 games (all clear favorites except the 3 Miami wins), skipping 4 games (HOU-CLE, DET-LAR, TB-PHI, and I didn't pick a second NFC team in the conference championship), and mostly going with the obvious player choices. Even though I have the Dolphins in the Super Bowl, I think this bracket has about a 1/70 chance of remaining intact. Though more likely than not, a couple hours from now it will be completely busted.

In the Wildcard round, you have:
Jared Goff - QB - DET
Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR - DET
Matthew Stafford - QB - LAR
Kyren Williams - RB - LAR
Puka Nacua - WR - LAR
Rachaad White - RB - TB

In the Divisional round (points multiplied by 2), you have:
Lamar Jackson - QB - BAL
Zay Flowers - WR - BAL
James Cook - RB - BUF
Dak Prescott - QB - DAL
CeeDee Lamb - WR - DAL
Jaylen Waddle - WR - MIA

In the Championship round (points multiplied by 3), you have:
Josh Allen - QB - BUF
Stefon Diggs - WR - BUF
Dalton Kincaid - TE - BUF
Raheem Mostert - RB - MIA
Deebo Samuel - WR - SF
George Kittle - TE - SF

In the Super Bowl (points multiplied by 5), you have:
Tua Tagovailoa - QB - MIA
De'Von Achane - RB - MIA
Tyreek Hill - WR - MIA
Brock Purdy - QB - SF
Christian McCaffrey - RB - SF
Brandon Aiyuk - WR - SF

Went SF/Buffalo SB. Surprised there are only 3 other teams in my Super 6

Wildcard round
Jahmyr Gibbs - rb - DET 0.00 x 1 = 0.00
C.J. Stroud - qb - HOU 23.06 x 1 = 23.06
Isiah Pacheco - rb - KC 15.80 x 1 = 15.80
Matthew Stafford - qb - LAR 0.00 x 1 = 0.00
Kyren Williams - rb - LAR 0.00 x 1 = 0.00
Tyreek Hill - wr - MIA 17.20 x 1 = 17.20

Divisional round
Jared Goff - qb - DET 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
David Montgomery - rb - DET 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Amon-Ra St. Brown - wr - DET 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Patrick Mahomes - qb - KC 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Travis Kelce - te - KC 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Jalen Hurts - qb - PHI 0.00 x 2 = 0.00

Championship round
Lamar Jackson - qb - BAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Gus Edwards - rb - BAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Stefon Diggs - wr - BUF 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Dak Prescott - qb - DAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
CeeDee Lamb - wr - DAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Deebo Samuel - wr - SF 0.00 x 3 = 0.00

Super Bowl
Josh Allen - qb - BUF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
James Cook - rb - BUF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Brock Purdy - qb - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Christian McCaffrey - rb - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Brandon Aiyuk - wr - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
George Kittle - te - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00

90 with my Super Six SF/Buffalo. Most are pretty close in the last two rounds. My group may be determined this weekend, but definitely next week.

I went SF vs Balt group of 6. There are 19 entries in my group.

Wildcard round
Joe Flacco - qb - CLE 13.58 x 1 = 13.58
Jordan Love - qb - GB 0.00 x 1 = 0.00
C.J. Stroud - qb - HOU 23.06 x 1 = 23.06
Matthew Stafford - qb - LAR 0.00 x 1 = 0.00
Tyreek Hill - wr - MIA 17.20 x 1 = 17.20
Jalen Hurts - qb - PHI 0.00 x 1 = 0.00

Divisional round
Jared Goff - qb - DET 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Amon-Ra St. Brown - wr - DET 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Patrick Mahomes - qb - KC 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Isiah Pacheco - rb - KC 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Baker Mayfield - qb - TB 0.00 x 2 = 0.00
Mike Evans - wr - TB 0.00 x 2 = 0.00

Championship round
Josh Allen - qb - BUF 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
James Cook - rb - BUF 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Stefon Diggs - wr - BUF 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Dak Prescott - qb - DAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
Tony Pollard - rb - DAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00
CeeDee Lamb - wr - DAL 0.00 x 3 = 0.00

Super Bowl
Lamar Jackson - qb - BAL 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Justin Tucker - pk - BAL 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Brock Purdy - qb - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Christian McCaffrey - rb - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Brandon Aiyuk - wr - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
Deebo Samuel - wr - SF 0.00 x 5 = 0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 53.84

Looks like I’m at 86.14 with Stafford YTP

Picked the right time to start Flacco, Nico, & Stroud.

Amari laid an egg, but at least I don’t have any Browns for round 2.

I'm 2nd out of my (all Raven) Super6, but the leader lost Tua for round 2. I gather that a single team in the final is not the preferred method though :)
Depends. I went all Ravens/Niners.

It’s riskier as you’re guessing 2 teams for the final round, but IMO better because I have 2 QB, a TE, and a bunch of WRs if they both make it.

Easier to hit on a guess if it’s only 1 team. Worse if your pony doesn’t make it.

I am apparently the only person with a Houston - Detroit Super Bowl with Goff, Gibbs, ARSB, LaPorta, Stroud and Niko.

Since I only had Tyreek going yesterday, I won't have a clue if I have any chance for a decent finish until I see today's outcomes.

With Dallas in my Superbowl I guess I won't have to pay attention to this contest after today.
😳

So I lose Lamb and Aubrey for week 2. And my last minute switch taking out Tucker in week 3 (and shifting Zay to week 3 from week 2) is proving costly now.

-QG

Some will have 18. Not many but some.

If KC had lost I would still have 18 (after that game - I now have 16)

-QG

I put in a secret menu on the standings page that I forgot about until now.

If you put "&sbt=BAL-SF" at the end of the standings URL, you can find all the entries whose super bowl six contain exactly those teams. Like this: https://www.footballguys.com/contests/contest/postseason-standings?sbt=BAL-SF

First note: teams have to be listed in alphabetical order, so SF-BAL won't show you anything.

Second note: BAL-SF won't show you the entries that are only BAL or only SF. You have to do "sbt=BAL" or "sbt=SF" for that.

Third note: if you do "sbt=BAL", it will show you the teams that have a BAL-DAL or BAL-LAR super bowl. To get rid of those teams, you can add "&nt=6" to the end of the URL, like this: https://www.footballguys.com/contests/contest/postseason-standings?sbt=BAL&nt=6

Summary. Just go to one of these links and change the URL as appropriate:

All teams with a Ravens/Packers SB6 (not counting those with only Ravens or only Packers)

All teams whose SB6 consists of 6 Niners

All teams whose SB6 are all still alive

Wait, one more thing in case you missed it. I don't think this will work on a phone, but on a computer you can mouse over the "Players remaining" digit to see the specific players for the given entry for the given round.

I put in a secret menu on the standings page that I forgot about until now.

If you put "&sbt=BAL-SF" at the end of the standings URL, you can find all the entries whose super bowl six contain exactly those teams. Like this: https://www.footballguys.com/contests/contest/postseason-standings?sbt=BAL-SF

First note: teams have to be listed in alphabetical order, so SF-BAL won't show you anything.

Second note: BAL-SF won't show you the entries that are only BAL or only SF. You have to do "sbt=BAL" or "sbt=SF" for that.

Third note: if you do "sbt=BAL", it will show you the teams that have a BAL-DAL or BAL-LAR super bowl. To get rid of those teams, you can add "&nt=6" to the end of the URL, like this: https://www.footballguys.com/contests/contest/postseason-standings?sbt=BAL&nt=6

Summary. Just go to one of these links and change the URL as appropriate:

All teams with a Ravens/Packers SB6 (not counting those with only Ravens or only Packers)

All teams whose SB6 consists of 6 Niners

All teams whose SB6 are all still alive

Wait, one more thing in case you missed it. I don't think this will work on a phone, but on a computer you can mouse over the "Players remaining" digit to see the specific players for the given entry for the given round.
This is great stuff. Interesting note is that only one team shares the same SB 6 as me….and it’s contest Turk. Unfortunately I lost 4 of my 6 that for next week thanks to the Browns/Cowboys so having the unique SB6 won’t matter

Couldn’t have done worse in the wildcard round if I tried. Predicted wins for Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Tampa.

1 of 5 right so far. Y’all can bet the farm on Philly win tonight. :bag:

The most common Super Bowl team choices, out of the remaining teams, are:
2225 BAL-SF
448 BUF-SF
84 SF only
69 KC-SF
39 BAL-DET
21 BUF-DET
19 BAL only
9 BAL-PHI

The website updated to exclude eliminated teams, so I can't look up matchups involving DAL, MIA, CLE, or LAR.

If I'd known that this was how the picks would go, I would've gone with a KC-SF Super Bowl instead of MIA-SF. I thought it would be more like last year, when 229 entries picked a CIN-SF Super Bowl (with CIN as the AFC 3 seed and the 3rd most popular AFC choice).

Edit: corrected some errors; the original counts included some entries which also had Super Bowl players from a third eliminated team

Last edited:
Couldn’t have done worse in the wildcard round if I tried. Predicted wins for Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Tampa.

1 of 5 right so far. Y’all can bet the farm on Philly win tonight. :bag:
Sorry to be laughing, but this is just comical.

The most common Super Bowl team choices, out of the remaining teams, are:
2312 BAL-SF
456 BUF-SF
84 SF only
75 KC-SF
40 BAL-DET
21 BAL only
19 BUF-DET
10 BAL-PHI

The website updated to exclude eliminated teams, so I can't look up matchups involving DAL, MIA, CLE, or LAR.

If I'd known that this was how the picks would go, I would've gone with a KC-SF Super Bowl instead of MIA-SF. I thought it would be more like last year, when 229 entries picked a CIN-SF Super Bowl (with CIN as the AFC 3 seed and the 3rd most popular AFC choice).
Cinny got hosed last year and KC struggled down the stretch this year. I can understand the difference.

Currently sitting at 120.80 after week 1 (assuming Baker doesn't get any more points). Lost Flacco and Hurts for week 2, and Dak/CD for week 3. My bracket sucked, as I only picked half the winners this week.

93.48+37.30 = 130.78 got a decent amount of points from Hurts and Devonta in their one game and don't lose anybody as they were just a tough team to trust.

4 guys going next week (missing 2 Cowboys) and still have 6 left in the two money rounds so still in the hunt :boxing:

-QG

I picked 5 out of 6 games correctly, but probably have no chance to finish well with only 4 - 6 - 6 players left because of missing the Green Bay - Dallas game :frown:.

... :ponder: UNLESS we end up with a Detroit - Houston Super Bowl, as I am 1 of only 2 who have that Super Bowl combination, and the other guy has only 3 - 6 - 6 players left. We also have slightly different players in the SB6. It probably won't happen, but it will be hillarious if it does❗

Last edited:
I picked 5 out of 6 games correctly, but probably have no chance to finish well with only 4 - 6 - 6 players left because of missing the Green Bay - Dallas game :frown:.

... :ponder: UNLESS we end up with a Detroit - Houston Super Bowl, as I am 1 of only 2 who have that Super Bowl combination, and the other guy has only 3 - 6 - 6 players left. We also have slightly different players in the SB6. It probably won't happen, but it will be hillarious if it does❗

You are still well in contention Puppies!

-QG

I have 6, 3, 6 remaining (lost 3 Cowboys). I need BUF to make AFC Championship and (chalky) BAL and SF in Super Bowl. Even then, not sure if I really have a chance.

I've got 6-4-6 going. I lost Zach and Lamb for Champ round. Only scored 106.06 this week so I'm probably toast anyway.

Don't love this contest the way it is constructed. I rather have it be a one and done contest where we pick new players each round. Just a complete luck game fantasy shouldn't be about having to pick the teams that win that isn't fantasy football. It is about picking the best players each week.
No Mark Andrews available made no sense either. Who cares if a guy was on IR just make them all available.

Don't love this contest the way it is constructed. I rather have it be a one and done contest where we pick new players each round. Just a complete luck game fantasy shouldn't be about having to pick the teams that win that isn't fantasy football. It is about picking the best players each week.
No Mark Andrews available made no sense either. Who cares if a guy was on IR just make them all available.
Are you Dez Appointed?

Ready for round 2 - bring it on!

Already starting to feel football withdrawal with no more Thursday night games....

I'm toast already and have already expressed my opinion that the old format was better.

Just curious, with the numbers showing how many live players each entry has for each round, is anyone accounting for the fact that some combinations are now impossible? I'm not wording that clearly, but e.g. it's showing my entry as having 6 players live for both the conference championships and the Super Bowl, but I have both TB and DET players in those rounds so clearly I don't actually have a chance to get 12 scores those two weeks combined, since one of those teams will be eliminated this weekend. Just wondering if there's a better way to express "max possible players available" or something.

I'm toast already and have already expressed my opinion that the old format was better.

Just curious, with the numbers showing how many live players each entry has for each round, is anyone accounting for the fact that some combinations are now impossible? I'm not wording that clearly, but e.g. it's showing my entry as having 6 players live for both the conference championships and the Super Bowl, but I have both TB and DET players in those rounds so clearly I don't actually have a chance to get 12 scores those two weeks combined, since one of those teams will be eliminated this weekend. Just wondering if there's a better way to express "max possible players available" or something.
I normally stay silent on stuff like this but personally, I love the new format. Obviously there will be people who disagree, but I like the new format better because I didn't like being limited on how many players would count from any one team in the early rounds under the old format. There's different strategy involved depending on how the contest is structured, and you have to consider all the possibilities as well as future ramifications of your choices if you miss some early games. There's always a possibility that if a team you expected to win actually loses, then some of your choices in the following rounds may get zeros, or not be in a position to advance. For example, in a wild card game that I was unsure who to pick to win, I avoided BOTH teams. I see that as part of the strategy and you can probably increase your odds of success by taking such situations into account when you make your selections. Now I admit that this year I tried not to spend so much time on the playoff contest and I did not over-think it, so it's likely that I overlooked some possible strategic moves I could have made. I looked at stats for awhile, and then penciled my team bracket predictions including a couple upsets, then went back and selected players from some of those teams. I planned to set it and forget it, and mostly that's what I did. But I did make an exception to that the following day after I just got a bad feeling about a couple players I had picked. So I substituted 2 players and locked it in. I did not even look at it after that point, until the contest locked.

After the standings were finally posted after the first day, I was delighted to find that only one other person has the same two teams in the Super Bowl as I do. My odds are probably steeper than most everyone else's because I picked some upsets. But if I happen to be right on the Super Bowl, I'll be in rare company, and have a really good shot knowing that only one other person besides me is getting 5x scores in that last round.

The part of this format that I like is that except for the most unlikely of Super Bowl matchups there should be a variety of possible outcomes - it isn't just a half-dozen people who flooded their roster with a dozen Super Bowl players and skated just above the cuts.

It's new enough that optimum strategies are less clear as well.

Of course I've liked every post season format it's always interesting :cool:

-QG

I like the new format that we've had these past 2 years. Partly just because it's new & different, which means a fresh opportunity to figure out strategies. Partly because there are multiple different good strategies. Also, I think it has a nice combination where a well-designed roster gives you a big edge (I think you can get up to something like a 1% chance of winning the contest), the most likely scenario (with favorites in the Super Bowl) leaves a ton of teams in contention, and lots of different rosters have a shot provided that the games go their way.

Count me amongst those who are in 1st place out of the entries with the same Super6.

Also count me amongst those who have a unique Super6 combo. So I'm in last place amongst my peers as well.

Basically, if we get a KC-SF Superb Owl (that'd be a hoot!) I've got a shot at things, despite being down at least a few points in earlier rounds due to the early DAL loss (-1 Divisional player, -2 Championship players).

I do also need BAL to beat HOU today so I don't lose any more Championship round players. And BUF offense to score lots of points vs KC today, but still lose the game. So I'd say my contest victory window is quite narrow, but at least it exists.

Was surprised the number of teams I've stumbled across glancing at rankings who had 3 teams in the SB.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed on Houston pulling off the upset! I'd love to see them upset Baltimore as I called that upset and I would give me a serious chance to advance in this contest. Not many people gave them a chance against Baltimore. Murphy's law says it won't happen... but it's half-time and so far so good. :popcorn:

EDIT: Nevermind.... :oops:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread