What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Flacco, IND (3 Viewers)

Phenix said:
Switch weapons with manning. He gets Stokley, Clark (now, not 6 years ago) Smith, Dickson, Brown. Flacco gets Thomas and Thomas, Welker, Decker.

Flacco doesn't throw 7 TDs, but even Manning would have a tough time producing with those cats.
You just sounded like a fool by comparing Flacco to Manning.
Maybe he got confused. Flacco is just like Gomer Manning. Lots of #### games and the minute you bench him it's bombs away and a huge game with long TDs.

He's got a pretty ripe fantasy playoff schedule.

MN / Det / NE in 14 / 15 / 16.

I grabbed him to possibly fill in for RG3. Might pair him with Fitzpatrick in a playoff QBBC.

Doubt he wins me a championship, but options are thin.

Switch weapons with manning. He gets Stokley, Clark (now, not 6 years ago) Smith, Dickson, Brown. Flacco gets Thomas and Thomas, Welker, Decker.

Flacco doesn't throw 7 TDs, but even Manning would have a tough time producing with those cats.
After 5 years with those weapons, everyone would be discussing how Manning is helped by having an elite receiving crew (Stokley, Clark, etc.) that has a combined 8 Pro Bowls from 2013-2018.

After 5 years with those weapons, everyone would be discussing how Manning is helped by having an elite receiving crew (Stokley, Clark, etc.) that has a combined 8 Pro Bowls from 2013-2018.
:lmao: Stokley and Clark would be in their 50's.

BusterTBronco said:
Joe Flacco. All he does is win. (except when he doesn't)
Flacco's not an elite QB and not that close. However, he does have some elite skillsets and the ability to bring it together.

I'm a Giant's fan and a Ravens fan. Would I prefer to have Peyton (who has not shown his abilities in the post season), Brady or Brees? Sure. But other than Brady, Flacco and Eli have at least as many rings each as they do, and in Eli's case, more.

So, other than those elite guys, I'll take an up and down guy like Flacco and Eli who can lose it for you, but CAN (and HAVE) won it for you, over a good number of those others guys whom may look better week to week and consistency wise, but somehow don't get their team over the top when it counts.

To make matters worse, Flacco scrambled when there were only a few seconds left before halftime and ran out the clock to take away an opportunity for a 32-yard field goal.

"That was probably the stupidest play I've ever made in football," Flacco said. "I kind of just got caught up in the play and forgot about the situation. There's no excuse for it. It can't happen."
One of the worst plays I've ever seen. Flacco reminds me of Bledsoe - extremely talented, but bone-headed.

One of the worst plays I've ever seen. Flacco reminds me of Bledsoe - extremely talented, but bone-headed.
He reminds me of all the bad aspects of Jay Cutler (but worse) with the only good aspect being their cannon arms.

To make matters worse, Flacco scrambled when there were only a few seconds left before halftime and ran out the clock to take away an opportunity for a 32-yard field goal.

"That was probably the stupidest play I've ever made in football," Flacco said. "I kind of just got caught up in the play and forgot about the situation. There's no excuse for it. It can't happen."
Speaking of Bledsoe. Against the Eagles, 4th quarter time running down. 4th down. Gets under pressure, rolls out... throws the ball away. Oh wait, that was our last down, oops.

He reminds me of all the bad aspects of Jay Cutler (but worse) with the only good aspect being their cannon arms.
I would say he is more like Trent Dilfer but with a cannon arm. And remember he was the only decent QB available in the 2008 draft after Matt Ryan. I think the only other "starters" out of that entire draft were Chad Henne and Matt Flynn. It wasn't a great year to need a QB.

Speaking of Bledsoe. Against the Eagles, 4th quarter time running down. 4th down. Gets under pressure, rolls out... throws the ball away. Oh wait, that was our last down, oops.
:lmao: :lmao:

His metamorphosis continues, hes becoming something more.

50% arm, 50% rock, 50% eyebrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kind of interesting to see the Ravens play the NFC South this year. Flacco has been destroying those teams, while Ryan liked very shaky yesterday - first he looked wobbly throwing in the wind (which wasn't that terribly strong) and then he looked wobbly standing up to an AFC North defense. I think both teams are pretty happy with their guys. Though I doubt Baltimore would be that happy with 1 playoff win in 6 years.

It is kind of interesting to see the Ravens play the NFC South this year. Flacco has been destroying those teams, while Ryan liked very shaky yesterday - first he looked wobbly throwing in the wind (which wasn't that terribly strong) and then he looked wobbly standing up to an AFC North defense. I think both teams are pretty happy with their guys. Though I doubt Baltimore would be that happy with 1 playoff win in 6 years.
Falcons line is devastated. I'd love to see how bad Flacco's numbers would be with a line half that bad - my god can you imagine?

Falcons line is devastated. I'd love to see how bad Flacco's numbers would be with a line half that bad - my god can you imagine?
Wasnt that last year (terrible line)? He was bad.

Wasnt that last year (terrible line)? He was bad.
They were definitely not as good as they had been in the past last year, I laid a lot of the blame on the coaches giving Flacco more control of the offense and almost completely removing the run game from their gameplan even before Rice got hurt. Got away from Rice and sold high on Flacco while I could.

Right? Like what if his LT were an undrafted rookie free agent and his LG were a 5th round draft pick rookie?

Right? Like what if his LT were an undrafted rookie free agent and his LG were a 5th round draft pick rookie?
Deep down, Pats fans would take this "sucky" Flacco over Brady lickity split

Flacco's TD throw to Kamar Aiken (who is probably not Canton-bound, BTW) was a thing of absolute beauty. When he threw it, I told my son that Flacco's play right now reminds me of Super Bowl Flacco. Turns out he's had a passer rating of more than 100 for 3 straight games, for the third time in his career. His only 4-game streak of games with a 100+ QB rating were the 2012 playoffs, ending with the Super Bowl.

He is starting to play extremely well in Kubiak's offense. His best football might very well still be in front of him.

On a related note, yesterday was Baltimore's 8th win of the season, meaning Flacco has now gone the first 7 years of his career without a losing season (with last year's 8-8 standing as his only non-winning season).

It was also the 70th regular season win of his career, putting him #51 on the all-time QB wins list. He'll crack the Top 50 with 2 more wins. If the Ravens win 10 games next year, he'll be in the top 35 of all-time NFL wins for a QB while still at the age of 30. Here's the list of NFL QBs with 70 career wins and a higher winning percentage than Flacco's .642:

Brady .775

Staubach .746

Montana .713

P. Manning .700

Bradshaw .677

Roethlisberger .665

Stabler .661

Young .657

Unitas .645

Elway .643

In the postseason, he's 9-4, making him #10 in career playoff wins, and he already holds the record for career playoff road wins.

During Friday's year-end White House news conference, President Barack Obama said it was a mistake for Sony to cancel the release of "The Interview" because of the threat of violence from North Korea.

He added that he loved the film's actors, Seth Rogen and James Flacco.

Wait, who was that again?

The commander in chief accidentally mixed up Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and actor James Franco, which quickly caused a stir on social media as well as countless "elite" jokes. Blog posts about this have appeared on CNN, The Washington Post and E! Online.

Flacco's official Twitter account, which is generally run by his representatives, corrected the slip of the tongue:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12053645/president-barack-obama-mixes-baltimore-ravens-joe-flacco-actor-james-franco

.@barackobama It's James Franco, not James Flacco ;)

— Joe Flacco (@TeamFlacco) December 19, 2014

During Friday's year-end White House news conference, President Barack Obama said it was a mistake for Sony to cancel the release of "The Interview" because of the threat of violence from North Korea.

He added that he loved the film's actors, Seth Rogen and James Flacco.

Wait, who was that again?

The commander in chief accidentally mixed up Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and actor James Franco, which quickly caused a stir on social media as well as countless "elite" jokes. Blog posts about this have appeared on CNN, The Washington Post and E! Online.

Flacco's official Twitter account, which is generally run by his representatives, corrected the slip of the tongue:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12053645/president-barack-obama-mixes-baltimore-ravens-joe-flacco-actor-james-franco.@barackobama It's James Franco, not James Flacco ;)

Joe Flacco (@TeamFlacco) December 19, 2014
Franco would probably have played better today.

As bad as the stats look, it was even worse watching it. The first half may have been the worst performance by a QB I've ever seen.

As bad as the stats look, it was even worse watching it. The first half may have been the worst performance by a QB I've ever seen.
That 1st half was right up there with Johnny Football's career. It looked like he never had taken a snap in the NFL. $120 million dollar 6-6" turd.

After the first drive I thought Flacco was in for a rough game but he played great. The guy saves his best for the biggest stage. Can't think of too many teams who wouldn't want a QB like this at the helm.

After the first drive I thought Flacco was in for a rough game but he played great. The guy saves his best for the biggest stage. Can't think of too many teams who wouldn't want a QB like this at the helm.
Packers, Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, Steelers, Giants, Colts, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Cowboys, Chargers, Bengals

All those teams or about over 40% of the teams would rather have their QB than Flacco in my mind. So not sure who you would take off my list? Possibly Lions? Bengals because they have had issues in the playoffs? Giants because Eli can be touchy at time? Cowboys because they haven't gotten to the playoffs?

I should add you don't get to bring the defense with Flacco he is the only piece these teams would get...

Packers, Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, Steelers, Giants, Colts, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Cowboys, Chargers, Bengals

All those teams or about over 40% of the teams would rather have their QB than Flacco in my mind. So not sure who you would take off my list? Possibly Lions? Bengals because they have had issues in the playoffs? Giants because Eli can be touchy at time? Cowboys because they haven't gotten to the playoffs?

I should add you don't get to bring the defense with Flacco he is the only piece these teams would get...
You can add whatever you want. I'll give you Packers, Broncos (although I think Manning is close to done), Pats, Seahawks, Steelers, Saints and Cowboys. You would really take Eli, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers or Dalton (GASP!!!) over Flacco?

Users who are viewing this thread