#1 The Great Snook

The Great Snook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Whenever I click on a link in the Shark Pool it opens a new tab in my browser that goes to the link. However, the old tab also goes to the link that I clicked on so now I have two tabs open to the link and no longer have any tabs in the Shark Pool. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me? This is the only site this happens to me on and it happens on both my home and work computer. I'm using IE9 on both computers. Thoughts?

#2 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,233 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Whenever I click on a link in the Shark Pool it opens a new tab in my browser that goes to the link. However, the old tab also goes to the link that I clicked on so now I have two tabs open to the link and no longer have any tabs in the Shark Pool. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me? This is the only site this happens to me on and it happens on both my home and work computer. I'm using IE9 on both computers. Thoughts?

I've seen this happen in IE9 before -- I expect that the problem has to do with the version of the board software that we're currently running. We'll be upgrading to the latest version after the Super Bowl.

If God were to come down right now: "Terry, what can I do for ya?" Send me ... Put me back in one Super Bowl, and put me on the one-foot line, and give me two minutes to go and give me all three of my timeouts and give me my boys. And let me hear my name over the loudspeaker -- let me hear the roar of the crowd -- "BRAD-shaw! BRAD-shaw!" -- let me have 'em booing on one side. Let me get in and call plays -- see their eyes grow as I call these plays -- and talk to 'em. Let me feel the hair on my back crawl up -- I mean, that's what the Super Bowl does to ya. I mean, it's ... I mean, it's doing it right now to me. I mean, I can go out right now and play -- I know I can play two minutes.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

Get Inside With a Footballguys Subscription - The Audible - Footballguys Podcast

#3 The Great Snook

The Great Snook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

I've seen this happen in IE9 before -- I expect that the problem has to do with the version of the board software that we're currently running. We'll be upgrading to the latest version after the Super Bowl.

Well I'm glad to know it isn't just me. :)

#4 johnnyrock62000

johnnyrock62000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,587 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Bump. If it has audio or video both are playing near simultaneously too. Annoying.
Someone once told me, "When you want to sound profound, just quote something someone else said."

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for them. - Malcolm S. Forbes

#5 PlayaHata

PlayaHata

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'll chime in that this is incredibly annoying. Please fix soon!
XBOX Live: IndyMark007

#6 Max Power

Max Power

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,036 posts
  • Joined 03-September 07

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

This happens to me as well, and this is the only site where I have this problem.

Support the Fisher House

#7 NJDawgPound

NJDawgPound

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Joined 24-February 09

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Same here.

#8 PlayaHata

PlayaHata

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Bump because it's still happening. I am using IE9 as well. Any update from the admins on the board software update that may fix this?
XBOX Live: IndyMark007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users