Yenrub

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,190 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

Link to full story

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.
Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

I hate to lose more than I love to win
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

#2 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,844 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Link to full story

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.
Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

I'm just glad we have the whole story here.
<---THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK--->

#3 Ranethe

Ranethe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Link to full story

I think the Neighborhood watch guy was just trying to head off a wave of african-american violence against whites.

#4 PlasmaDogPlasma

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,947 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Link to full story

Kid shot dead in his own neighborhood after buying skittles at a convenience store. How much more of the story do you need? There are no circumstances that would justify this.

#5 Sam Quentin

Sam Quentin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,682 posts
  • Joined 25-May 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Link to full story

Kid shot dead in his own neighborhood after buying skittles at a convenience store. How much more of the story do you need? There are no circumstances that would justify this.

So neighborhodd watch guy walks up to kid, pulls out gun and shooots unprovoked?

not impossible, but there may be some more to tll here
Despite Obama’s slight edge overall, Romney was seen as better able to handle most issues. The trend was most notable in the CNN poll: he had an 18-point edge among registered voters on the economy (58 percent Romney, 40 percent Obama), a 3-point edge on health care (49 percent Romney, 46 percent Obama), a 7-point edge on taxes (51 percent Romney, 44 percent Obama), and, largest of all, a 23 percent edge on the deficit (59 percent Romney, 36 percent Obama). Obama’s only lead was on foreign policy, where a slim margin of 2 percent of registered voters who watched the debate said he would handle the issue better (49 percent Obama, 47 percent Romney).

:lmao: at your sig

pathetic

#6 Jobber

Jobber

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,033 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Laziness

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Link to full story

Really? Nothing comes to mind?

#7 acapella

acapella

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Link to full story

:goodposting:

Fine Maurile - go evolve an earthworm for me. I'll wait.

#8 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,901 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Someone and it probably will be me, but someone needs to start an official "Only in Florida" thread as it just seems there are more bizarre news stories in Florida than almost anywhere.

"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad attitude." -George Carlin R.I.P.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

Cherry Pie Delicious, Apple Pies r 2 

#9 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,815 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Link to full story

Not saying this justifies it, but there was apparently a "scuffle".

Police Thursday released an incident report that gave new clues that support Zimmerman.

When police arrived and found the body, they also found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and back of his head, according to the report. Also, the back of his shirt was wet and had grass clippings on it, as if he'd been on his back on the ground.

And an officer overheard Zimmerman complain, " 'I was yelling for someone to help me but no one would help me,' " according to the report.

One of the things on which police are focusing is the background noise in a 911 call, the chief said.

"You can hear the struggle and the gunshot," he said.

Police want to enhance the background noise to better hear what went on, he said.

Detectives should complete their investigation next week at the latest, the chief said, and will let the state attorney's office decide whether to file criminal charges.

http://www.sun-senti...0,5522977.story

Either way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.

I'd rather have a Bortles throwing to Lee than a frontal lobotomy.

#10 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,614 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03
  • Interests:All of the above.

Link to full story

I think the Neighborhood watch guy was just trying to head off a wave of african-american violence against whites.

:lmao:

#11 Mello

Mello

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,783 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10

Link to full story

Perhaps the police should be open and honest with the community instead of keeping silent.

#12 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,614 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

They need to stop putting so much sugar in Skittles.

#13 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,498 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

this watch cap'n needed a throw down

#14 acapella

acapella

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Either way, if Zimmerman at the very least just lets the police do their job, none of this happens.

Again, you do not have the facts to justify this statement.

#15 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Someone and it probably will be me, but someone needs to start an official "Only in Florida" thread as it just seems there are more bizarre news stories in Florida than almost anywhere.

It's not the heat, its the humidity.
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#16 Sweet Love

Sweet Love

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,578 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03
  • Interests:Voodoo women named Phyllis

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Usually, if you just walk up to a kid and shoot him in cold blood, you are arrested on site...you don't need to call a press conference to "request" an arrest of that individual. Not saying what the kid did justified the end (and doubt whatever comes out really will), but there is enough of "another side" where the offender remains free as of now.

IBL 2014:

Roster:

QB - Matthew Stafford, Ryan Tannehill

RB - Reggie Bush, Rashad Jennings, Chris Johnson, Justin Forsett, Antone Smith

WR - Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders, Kelvin Benjamin

TE - Martellus Bennett, Niles Paul

DEF - Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions

K - Stephen Gostkowski

Record - 21-14 through Week 5

#17 PlasmaDogPlasma

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,947 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Link to full story

Not saying this justifies it, but there was apparently a "scuffle".

Police Thursday released an incident report that gave new clues that support Zimmerman.

When police arrived and found the body, they also found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and back of his head, according to the report. Also, the back of his shirt was wet and had grass clippings on it, as if he'd been on his back on the ground.

And an officer overheard Zimmerman complain, " 'I was yelling for someone to help me but no one would help me,' " according to the report.

One of the things on which police are focusing is the background noise in a 911 call, the chief said.

"You can hear the struggle and the gunshot," he said.

Police want to enhance the background noise to better hear what went on, he said.

Detectives should complete their investigation next week at the latest, the chief said, and will let the state attorney's office decide whether to file criminal charges.

http://www.sun-senti...0,5522977.story

This is my point. The guy shouldn't have been trying to detain the kid. If some random guy gets in my face and tries to detain me there's probably going to be a scuffle there too.

#18 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,157 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Clear case of being black in a gated community. The two just don't go.

#19 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,815 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

So, you're saying a Neighborhood Watch guy should get involved?

I'd rather have a Bortles throwing to Lee than a frontal lobotomy.

#20 PlasmaDogPlasma

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,947 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Link to full story

Perhaps the police should be open and honest with the community instead of keeping silent.

The guy's white, the kid was black, the town is Sanford, the cover up is under way.

#21 Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,134 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

This is why we need more people with guns. If that kid had his own gun, he could have warded off the unprovoked attack from the uppity white dude.

#22 Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 31-July 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Link to full story

Perhaps you should read the article again. Kid did not live in that neighborhood. He lived with his mother in Miami.

#23 acapella

acapella

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

My guess is that he probably shouldn't have been involved. But that is pure supposition. I can think of many hypothetical situations where this Zimmerman guy felt that his life or the life of someone he cares about was being threatened and he had no choice but to shoot. What if the kid was high on PCP, had an Uzi, and was threatening to kill Zimmerman? Not saying this happened. We just don't have the facts.

#24 jb1020

jb1020

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Joined 07-November 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

When did neighborhood watch people start packing heat? This is a Florida thing right?

#25 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have a feeling that if the kid had an uzi we would know about by now.
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#26 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,614 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

My guess is that he probably shouldn't have been involved. But that is pure supposition. I can think of many hypothetical situations where this Zimmerman guy felt that his life or the life of someone he cares about was being threatened and he had no choice but to shoot. What if the kid was high on PCP, had an Uzi, and was threatening to kill Zimmerman? Not saying this happened. We just don't have the facts.

Also: kid could have been a werewolf. You just don't know.

#27 Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 31-July 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Link to full story

Or maybe they can worry about finishing their investigation instead of trying the case in the media without all the facts. Oh wait...I bet that's what they're trying to do...

#28 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,157 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

I heard Skittles can be very dangerous if thrown individually at one's eye.

#29 mr roboto

mr roboto

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,022 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10
  • Interests:Dots (especially Blue and Orange) and Swedish Fish

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Now imagine if he was a zombie.

Come on guys. He threw eight innings of one hit ball and needed someone to close it out for him. So what if the closer could have been a fifth grader?

#30 Mello

Mello

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,783 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Link to full story

Or maybe they can worry about finishing their investigation instead of trying the case in the media without all the facts. Oh wait...I bet that's what they're trying to do...

More likely they are creating a story that will justify their and Zimmerman's actions.

#31 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,918 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05
  • Interests:Little of this, little of that

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

And you guys were afraid of Zombies.....I TOLD YOU!!!!!

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton
Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear- George Orwell

XBL: MASTERH8

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#32 Charlie Frown

Charlie Frown

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Joined 19-May 09

Link to full story

:lmao:

Maybe he thought he had found Joseph Kony.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft

#33 zamboni

zamboni

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44,807 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

WTF?

#34 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,157 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Where is Clinton? I think he should come in here and shed some light on this situation.

#35 Football Menace

Football Menace

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Most likely senerio seems to be watch guy sees black youth walking around gated community and tries to detain said youth. Youth sees watch guy with gun and tries to get away. Struggle ensues. Watch guy is getting beat up. Watch guy shoots youth. Watch guy should go to slammer, but probably won't, because it's his word against a dead kid's.

Edited by Football Menace, 08 March 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Who came in second place?

#36 humpback

humpback

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,050 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10

Whole lot of jumping to conclusions here. Seems like fun.

#37 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,157 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

WTF?

that was :sarcasm:

#38 roadkill1292

roadkill1292

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,663 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

There appear to be way more reasons for a confrontation not to have taken place than to have taken place. Wouldn't a single young black male idling along towards a black neighbor's residence raise a question or two with the watch guy? Though maybe I'm making a boatload of assumptions here that he wasn't actually hiding in the bushes of another house trying to get a peek at some white girls.

Edited by roadkill1292, 08 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#39 acapella

acapella

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ah, so Zimmerman was packing heat AND silver bullets.

#40 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,157 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Most likely senerio seems to be watch guy see black youth walking around gated community and tries to detain said youth. Youth sees watch guy with gun and tries to get away. Struggle ensues. Watch guy is getting beat up. Watch guy shoot youth. Watch guy should go to slammer, but won't, because it's his word against dead kid.

More like this. White Dude: Hey N..... what are you doing here. Black Kid: going to my dad's what is it to you cracker. White Dude: no way we don't allow your type in a gated community. Black Kid: get out of the way you crazy old F... /pushes past white dude. White Dude: not on my watch...blam...blam...blam.

#41 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,754 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Tyler flew Zimmerman knew
The smack is back!!

#42 CrossEyed

CrossEyed

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33,433 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Sounds like maybe a little bit of Mall Cop syndrome going on here. Neighborhood Watch guy wishes he was in law enforcement so he pretends he is in real life and takes matters into his own hands rather than just calling the police. Of course I'm speculating here, but so is everyone else in this thread, so why not?
Flickr

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 3:14
"Yes, we have all been dealt a particular set of cards, and the cards will eventually be revealed. But how we play the hand is up to us." - Francis Collins
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also strong enough to take away everything you have." - Gerald Ford

#43 Marvin

Marvin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,169 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

WTF?

that was :sarcasm:

My brother lives in a gated community. Last week they had a black out there. Everyone was told to stay inside until they caught him.

#44 DiStefano

DiStefano

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,714 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Where is Clinton? I think he should come in here and shed some light on this situation.

Banging away.

#45 glock

glock

"Don't grumble, give a whistle!"

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,013 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Neighborhood Watch down?? :wall:

"There's an ol' Texas saying..." -GW

"Naturally, the common people don't want war...but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them that they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism as exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

273 #1506

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobatomy" -Tom Waits
dot com insight - The Bank on MFL (2006 & 2007 Champ) - JT's Treehouse Blog

#46 Sam Quentin

Sam Quentin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,682 posts
  • Joined 25-May 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I, for one, beleiev that people should be able to live wherever they want, provided they can afford it, regardless of race, creed religion etc.
Despite Obama’s slight edge overall, Romney was seen as better able to handle most issues. The trend was most notable in the CNN poll: he had an 18-point edge among registered voters on the economy (58 percent Romney, 40 percent Obama), a 3-point edge on health care (49 percent Romney, 46 percent Obama), a 7-point edge on taxes (51 percent Romney, 44 percent Obama), and, largest of all, a 23 percent edge on the deficit (59 percent Romney, 36 percent Obama). Obama’s only lead was on foreign policy, where a slim margin of 2 percent of registered voters who watched the debate said he would handle the issue better (49 percent Obama, 47 percent Romney).

:lmao: at your sig

pathetic

#47 Exit 1

Exit 1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,079 posts
  • Joined 03-April 08

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, there's got to be more to this. Maybe he talked smack to the guy and reached in his pocket like he was pulling out his gat.
The demographics of this place don't match up with me. I'm not some guy who married my high school sweetheart. I don't have a boring job with benefits that puts food on the table for my family. I didn't buy a house is some #### hole suburb where my neighbors house is 3 feet from mine. I'm 35 and I look like I'm 25. I'm still in shape, I have a full head of hair unlike most of you. I'm not fat. I don't eat buffalo wings twice a week. I don't own a pair of Zubas. I can and do score chicks that most of you would not have any chance of sleeping with....ever. This isn't shtick. It's my life. It's funny but at the height of my drug use I had beautiful women giving my their numbers. I was asked out constantly. And then most of you get to go home to your wives who havent slept with you in months. She's overweight and unhappy. She complains constantly and you secretly despise her. But you stay and let her boss you around. You're miserable but you're doing it for the children.

#48 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 76,187 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, there's got to be more to this. Maybe he talked smack to the guy and reached in his pocket like he was pulling out his gat.

Maybe he was just going to offer him a Skittle.
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen

#49 playin4beer

playin4beer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,116 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Tiger Woods would agree with you....

The internet- The world's safest place to make fun of lifters.

#50 Exit 1

Exit 1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,079 posts
  • Joined 03-April 08

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Maybe he was just going to offer him a Skittle.

A black Skittle shaped like a gun?
The demographics of this place don't match up with me. I'm not some guy who married my high school sweetheart. I don't have a boring job with benefits that puts food on the table for my family. I didn't buy a house is some #### hole suburb where my neighbors house is 3 feet from mine. I'm 35 and I look like I'm 25. I'm still in shape, I have a full head of hair unlike most of you. I'm not fat. I don't eat buffalo wings twice a week. I don't own a pair of Zubas. I can and do score chicks that most of you would not have any chance of sleeping with....ever. This isn't shtick. It's my life. It's funny but at the height of my drug use I had beautiful women giving my their numbers. I was asked out constantly. And then most of you get to go home to your wives who havent slept with you in months. She's overweight and unhappy. She complains constantly and you secretly despise her. But you stay and let her boss you around. You're miserable but you're doing it for the children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users