#1 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

http://profootballta...012-nfl-season/ Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also. Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night???? http://profootballta...012-nfl-season/

I'd rather have a Bortles throwing to Lee than a frontal lobotomy.

#2 bicycle_seat_sniffer

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,526 posts
  • Joined 17-December 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/ Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also. Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night???? http://profootballta...012-nfl-season/

Probably broncos-chargers to cap off the MNF double header

The world needs long snappers too.

#3 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

http://profootballta...012-nfl-season/ Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also. Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night???? http://profootballta...012-nfl-season/

No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.

#4 bicycle_seat_sniffer

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,526 posts
  • Joined 17-December 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.

usually a west coast team has the late MNF game. :SHURG: Maybe san fran vs someone this year? who knows

The world needs long snappers too.

#5 Gadabout

Gadabout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

GB, Pitt, and NO all seemed like better options.

#6 beef

beef

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,251 posts
  • Joined 22-May 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

GB NYG would have been better. Opening kickoff should be reserved for winners.

#7 moondog

moondog

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.

#8 Gadabout

Gadabout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.

I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.

#9 Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,419 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Maybe for our halftime entertainment we can get a little MMA cage match action going between John Mara and Jerruh Jones. A bit of bad blood between those two lately over the salary cap penalty.
I just do what the little voices tell me to do.

#10 msommer

msommer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,218 posts
  • Joined 09-June 04

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

What happened to Thursday opener?

And yes, I am the Mexican Don Johnson.

"The future is already here it's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson

#11 Danish Bengal

Danish Bengal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 13-September 11

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

What happened to Thursday opener?

It was moved to Wednesday to avoid conflict with Obama's speech at the Democratic Convention

#12 Dr. Octopus

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,299 posts
  • Joined 06-September 05

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.

You are correct. It actually did not happen last year because the league feared the possibility that early season games could be missed due to the lockout.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. ~ Frank Sinatra

#13 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Last season, in Week 1, there were 7 divisional games, but not in the opener. http://www.nfl.com/s...REG&season=2011

#14 houndirish

houndirish

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Joined 09-December 04

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday. Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.
Joe Montana after getting blindsided by Leonard Marshall in the '91 NFC Championship Game:

"Everything hurts"

#15 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday. Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.

Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.

#16 Gadabout

Gadabout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.

The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.

#17 werdnoynek

werdnoynek

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Joined 05-September 09

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Maybe for our halftime entertainment we can get a little MMA cage match action going between John Mara and Jerruh Jones. A bit of bad blood between those two lately over the salary cap penalty.

:goodposting: :lmao:

#18 thayman

thayman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Joined 12-September 05

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.

Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.
remember you are unique.....just like everyone else

#19 cdwood

cdwood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined 29-April 03
  • Interests:hockey, football, autoracing, finance, wife, not necessarily in that order.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.

You can understand not wanting to highlight Bountygate, but short of cancelling the Saints 2012 season, Bountygate will be brought up every week on the tv broadcast of the Saints games.
Christopher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users