#1 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,935 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Why not... If I was a Josh Johnson owner I'd be afraid. Add Lincecum to that list.

Edited by rascal, 11 April 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#2 elguapo07

elguapo07

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 21-November 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm very short on Youk. I own him in one of my leagues and I'm trying to unload him.

#3 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Timmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaay
Only morons read signatures

#4 the moops

the moops

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,978 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

#5 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

Given his K:BB rate I would test the waters.

#6 fred_1_15301

fred_1_15301

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,967 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03
  • Interests:sports, long walks on the beach, kicking ### in poker

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Why not... If I was a Josh Johnson owner I'd be afraid. Add Lincecum to that list.

I haven't watched Johnson pitch this year. Is this start an anomaly or is he really in trouble?

:shrug:

#7 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,918 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05
  • Interests:Little of this, little of that

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Owner in my league just stated that Timmy can be had for a bag of balls and a beer. I'm going to test these waters.

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton
Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear- George Orwell

XBL: MASTERH8

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#8 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,433 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

I haven't watched Johnson pitch this year. Is this start an anomaly or is he really in trouble?

I only saw updates on MLB tonight, but it seemed like the majority of the basehits were given up on his fastball. Low 90s and flat.
Never. Ever. Bench Calvin Johnson. Ever.

#9 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,753 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

I'm trying to get him hot and strong into May to build his value, mid may and see what looks like an undervalued asset that I can target. Trouble is, he's a pretty good look right now in 6x6 and I'd have to be motivated to move him. When Lawrie started 0-8 I had delusions of maybe making that sort of flip, but i think I'm dreaming. BUT, maybe Cespedes becomes someone to build a package around. Big sells on Gardner and LoMo. Both are going to have their playing time eaten into but maybe you can find someone who's interested in them. I'm contemplating trying to get agressive moving Braun, just a bad feel there but he's started off hot. And I might be a kool-aid drinkin fool, but I'd buy on Trumbo and A-Rod. I would think Luebke might be had after his first two starts too. Probably buy on Montero too, but I don't know what the expectation level is for him.

Edited by Smack Tripper, 12 April 2012 - 08:08 AM.

The smack is back!!

#10 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Big sells on Gardner and LoMo. Both are going to have their playing time eaten into but maybe you can find someone who's interested in them.

I think it'll be tough sledding now that the news is already out there. Thankfully the only league I'm invested in either is a daily league with LoMo. I get to play the merry-go-round of starting 2 of LoMo vs. righties, Heyward vs. righties, Bourjos vs. lefties, and Venable vs. righties (preferably away from Petco). Had hopes that Reimold would take off too, but given his leash he has about 2-3 weeks to start producing or he's going to slide down the lineup and instead of starting 2 out of every 3 days may just get lefties and the occasional righty.

#11 Mr. Know-It-All

Mr. Know-It-All

Booger Eatin' Moron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,160 posts
  • Joined 15-January 04
  • Interests:Knowing Stuff

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

I'm trying to get him hot and strong into May to build his value, mid may and see what looks like an undervalued asset that I can target. Trouble is, he's a pretty good look right now in 6x6 and I'd have to be motivated to move him. When Lawrie started 0-8 I had delusions of maybe making that sort of flip, but i think I'm dreaming. BUT, maybe Cespedes becomes someone to build a package around. Big sells on Gardner and LoMo. Both are going to have their playing time eaten into but maybe you can find someone who's interested in them. I'm contemplating trying to get agressive moving Braun, just a bad feel there but he's started off hot. And I might be a kool-aid drinkin fool, but I'd buy on Trumbo and A-Rod. I would think Luebke might be had after his first two starts too. Probably buy on Montero too, but I don't know what the expectation level is for him.

Funny I was trying to make a move on both Cespedes AND Lawrie to a guy that is built for now. I won the league two straight years but am now in a bit of a rebuilding phase. Pre-pinkie injury I was offering David Wright and either Sin Soo Choo or Nelson Cruz for Lawrie and Cespedes. I thought he would maybe change part of the deal and reoffer, but he flat out refuses to move Lawrie. Can't say I blame him as AI think Lawrie is a budding star.
A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. - Ulysses Everett MacGill

Ultimately man does not deny the existence of God for lack of evidence, but because man does not want to be accountable to his creator.

#12 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

i really wanna trade luebke. I hope he has a good outing soon. He'll be lucky to get 10 wins

#13 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Owner in my league just stated that Timmy can be had for a bag of balls and a beer. I'm going to test these waters.

Tread lightly, given his velo me thinks there may be other issues we'll learn about later this month. I'm not pitching a buy low offer for at least another start or two.

#14 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,265 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Tread lightly, given his velo me thinks there may be other issues we'll learn about later this month. I'm not pitching a buy low offer for at least another start or two.

He's pitched his way out of similar problems before (Aug 2010). His first start was due to a bad inning and a half, he looked solid in-between those. Last night was just the Cosmos overreacting to the Zito shutout in the preceding game. I still believe in Timmy :unsure:

#15 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

i really wanna trade luebke. I hope he has a good outing soon. He'll be lucky to get 10 wins

I'm buying both. I've got other pitchers for the wins - Luebke should help everywhere else. Especially the k's. It seems folks are eager to dump Cespedes. I'm buying if I can get him cheap enough.

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#16 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,265 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

I'm buying both. I've got other pitchers for the wins - Luebke should help everywhere else. Especially the k's. It seems folks are eager to dump Cespedes. I'm buying if I can get him cheap enough.

:homer:

#17 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

He's pitched his way out of similar problems before (Aug 2010). His first start was due to a bad inning and a half, he looked solid in-between those. Last night was just the Cosmos overreacting to the Zito shutout in the preceding game. I still believe in Timmy :unsure:

I hope he corrects himself like he did in that ugly August, if I had him anywhere I'd hold and not jump ship. If he doesn't have a great start in the next outing or two but the velo comes back I'd buy.

#18 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm not looking to trade yet, but I do wonder if the rest of the league has caught up to him. If so and he doesn't adjust he becomes a west coast only guy for me unfortunately.

#19 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,265 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm not looking to trade yet, but I do wonder if the rest of the league has caught up to him. If so and he doesn't adjust he becomes a west coast only guy for me unfortunately.

I think a lot of people projecting a breakout were forgetting that Luebke was a 26 year old rookie who pitched a quarter of 2011 innings in relief. I think he'll rebound and be usable as a spot starter at home but he's always been a high regression risk from last year's results.

#20 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

:homer:

:yes:

But I'm not convinced he's going to crash as much as folks think. He's obviously not going to keep up the home run rate. But he's improved a lot since his spring debut. I don't know if he'll continue to make improvements but I'd like to find out with him on my roster. I may be a homer but I'm not that stupid. I don't have any A's on my roster. I'll stream Milone/Parker/Colon or maybe a bat as needed but have a limited interest in rostering others. But Cespedes? Very interested in seeing if he can continue to make strides. We know he has talent - after all, you saw the youtube video. ;)

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#21 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

Hard to rack up K's when you can only last 4 or 5 innings due to control issues

#22 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I think a lot of people projecting a breakout were forgetting that Luebke was a 26 year old rookie who pitched a quarter of 2011 innings in relief. I think he'll rebound and be usable as a spot starter at home but he's always been a high regression risk from last year's results.

I didn't get him in any of my redrafts because people saw that potential, I didn't, had him in that 40-50 range in which I got Sale, Minor, Floyd, and McCarthy in most of my leagues. I was expecting a little better than this though. About 6 IP's/gm, K/IP, more walks, low wins, but still plus ratios and unlike other Padres pitchers you can start him all of the time and not just 60% of the time. Not looking forward to trying to find those 50 IP's I'd lose with Leubke in guys like Homer and Capuano who I only drafted as insurance but with Baker gone they're looking like guys I'll have to use. Oof.

#23 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I only saw updates on MLB tonight, but it seemed like the majority of the basehits were given up on his fastball. Low 90s and flat.

Yep, he's not trusting his breaking stuff even though the heat isn't getting guys out. Probably worried about injury again. He's a hold, but it doesn't look good, just don't think sellers can get enough for him right now.

#24 pollardsvision

pollardsvision

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Joined 23-August 07

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Cespedes - Sell High?

Hard to rack up K's when you can only last 4 or 5 innings due to control issues

Depends on the league. If there's an innings limit, it's essentially a game of K/9 rates. They guy tossing 5 IP with 4 or 5 Ks is helping alot more than the guy going 8 with 5 or 6 Ks. Not that the 5 IP starter with control issues doesn't come with a host of other problems, but a guy that gets a lot of K's without eating up a lot of innings can certainly help the cause of chasing K's in an IP limit league.
PSN: PolrdsVision

#25 Woogie Lee

Woogie Lee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm confused. Are we selling low?
<--empty-->

#26 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm confused. Are we selling low?

I took it as - is he a buy low? and I'd rather not unless I can get him for a bag of balls

#27 Northern Voice

Northern Voice

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,150 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

:homer: Bautista's timing looks to be coming back around, won't match last two seasons but he'll still put up a big OBP and the HR's may start to come in bunches here soon. Maybe some owners have soured on him?

#28 cheese

cheese

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,730 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Time to deal Hamilton for an uberstud IMO. With his stats so far this year, you're probably doing great on offense if you've got him. No reason to play the lottery on him playing out the season for once. Swap him for a Pujols/Miggy/Votto type IMO and get off the roller coaster high. I think with his numbers and hype surrounding the 4 hrs, you can fetch nearly anybody right now. This is also a great time to deal pitching for hitting if you need it. Your pitcher stats will never look better than they do right now.

#29 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

Im seeing what I can get for jup

#30 SwampDawg

SwampDawg

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Joined 28-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm shopping Mike Minor before he loses all value.
This is the great fault of wine; it first trips up the feet: it is a cunning wrestler.

#31 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,935 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Your pitcher stats will never look better than they do right now.

that scares the hell out of me

#32 cheese

cheese

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,730 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Your pitcher stats will never look better than they do right now.

that scares the hell out of me

:lmao: It's a general statement. If you're rolling with Josh Johnson and Heath Bell, maybe not.

#33 the moops

the moops

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,978 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

How is he a sell high?

#34 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

How is he a sell high?

Trying to sell before his value plummets any further

#35 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

:homer: Bautista's timing looks to be coming back around, won't match last two seasons but he'll still put up a big OBP and the HR's may start to come in bunches here soon. Maybe some owners have soured on him?

I just offered JUP for Bautista & Haren in my keeper league :unsure:

#36 jamny

jamny

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,186 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

jup?

#37 the moops

the moops

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,978 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

How is he a sell high?

I'm trying to get him in my league. Guy turned down McCutchen and ARod for him.

#38 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

How is he a sell high?

best Ive been offered so far is Haren & Beltran. Tempting

#39 SouthJersey

SouthJersey

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Joined 10-August 05

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Anyone traded Harper in a non-keeper league? What kind of value were you able to get back for him?

#40 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,918 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05
  • Interests:Little of this, little of that

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

How is he a sell high?

best Ive been offered so far is Haren & Beltran. Tempting

Hmmmm, I'm tinkering around with offering up Adam Jones and a pitcher(Samardzija/Dempster)for him Then I see what Jones has done so far......and start to think I'm offering too much

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton
Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear- George Orwell

XBL: MASTERH8

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#41 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,893 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Just dealt Kimbrel and A Rod for Tex in a head to head league

#42 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,935 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

Tommy Hanson by the end of the month could be a good buy low: Check out his upcoming May schedule @STL @TB @CIN STL June as of now he is in line for inter league matchups with TOR, BAL, and @NYY.

#43 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66,431 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think buying Jupton is the shark move.

E il mio non le dice niente?

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#44 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41,633 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

I know. Hes just been so frustrating so far. Ill relent

#45 scrumptrulescent

scrumptrulescent

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,800 posts
  • Joined 12-February 08

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Sure is. I'm an owner and frankly, he pisses me off with all his K's. I don't typically sell low though. It's humorous to see the bad offers I'm getting for him, like Jon Jay and Ricky Nolasco. Yippee!
ceteris paribus

#46 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,935 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

What about Cano?

#47 cheese

cheese

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,730 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Just dealt Kimbrel and A Rod for Tex in a head to head league

Tex is in this thread every year and he pays off 2nd half every year. It's amazing that people still draft him and then give up on him.

#48 The Flying Elvis

The Flying Elvis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Joined 07-August 04

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

What about Cano?

I'd buy low. He always starts off pretty slow and there really isn't anything to indicate he is due for a down year. He is what, 29? In his prime so you can probably put him down for .290+ 25-30 HRs and 100 RBIs by the end of the year.

#49 Kraft...

Kraft...

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,313 posts
  • Joined 04-March 04

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Matt Moore? Talent is there, I think he figures it out.

#50 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,935 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Matt Moore? Talent is there, I think he figures it out.

As an owner, I would be too scared of buyers remorse to trade him. But if it was good enough, I would trade him. He is really pissing me off. Much like the rest of my pitching staff (Lester, Gallardo till yesterday, Scherzer, Romero, Garcia, and Masterson).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users