What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/Sell High 2012 (1 Viewer)

Matt Moore? Talent is there, I think he figures it out.
Keepers and dynos? Yeah, if you can. Redraft? No. I'm not sure what's causing the problems, but he's having major location issues and that's not easy for a guy with as little experience as him to fix.

I think buying Jupton is the shark move.
Sure is. I'm an owner and frankly, he pisses me off with all his K's. I don't typically sell low though. It's humorous to see the bad offers I'm getting for him, like Jon Jay and Ricky Nolasco. Yippee!
Haven't paid too much attention but wasn't he battling an injury in April? Could be a cause of some of the issues.
It was part of the problem I'm sure, but would it be causing him to miss a lot? Not sure. 29 K's to only 24 hits is bad news.

Sure is. I'm an owner and frankly, he pisses me off with all his K's. I don't typically sell low though. It's humorous to see the bad offers I'm getting for him, like Jon Jay and Ricky Nolasco. Yippee!
Haven't paid too much attention but wasn't he battling an injury in April? Could be a cause of some of the issues.
It was part of the problem I'm sure, but would it be causing him to miss a lot? Not sure. 29 K's to only 24 hits is bad news.
Thumb injuries can be a #####. Konerko's 2008 was a lost cause because of one.

'Limp Ditka said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
'MAC_32 said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Thumb injuries can be a #####. Konerko's 2008 was a lost cause because of one.
Thanks for that tidbit. I'm brimming with confidence for Upton this year now.

Alexei Ramirez?
BABIP is low but even after than normalizes, he'll still be Alexei Ramirez
And it will still be the SS position.His 3 year average in my points league has him as the 4th best SS in baseball. So, as with everything, it really depends on the league. 5X5He won't hurt / help you in average, but probably kill you in OBP if your league counts it.He'll be above average in counting stats and throw in about 10 SBs

Hosmer?? Is he going to right the ship????
No, I think he's a touch overrated. He won't be a megabeast this year at least, IMO watching him play. I think you'll get what you got last year with a .250 avg and closer to 100 RBI but I think he'll end right around that 20 hr mark.

Think Morrow is a sell high?

He dominated some pretty crappy teams. But has been roughed up every time he's faced teh AL East.

Has he been moved in anyone's league? What has he fetched?

Struggling owner said he wants to shuffle the deck and wants to see what Bautista and Starlin will get him. I offered up Hanley + R Zimmerman + Aviles + Hanrahan. Arguably upgrades SS, downgrades 3B, adds another INF body (he needs one), and a closer (needs one badly). Good starting point?

Struggling owner said he wants to shuffle the deck and wants to see what Bautista and Starlin will get him. I offered up Hanley + R Zimmerman + Aviles + Hanrahan. Arguably upgrades SS, downgrades 3B, adds another INF body (he needs one), and a closer (needs one badly). Good starting point?
Starting point? I'd walk away if he doesn't take it.

Starting point? I'd walk away if he doesn't take it.
Really? I thought I was low balling him a bit but I'm also low on Zimm. Only have him because I got him for a prospect last year from a team in sell mode midseason, helped me get back in the $!Anyway, he countered with Hanrahan + Hanley for Starlin. That's a no.

Hmm...

Bautista

Starlin

Chipper (just need him to somehow stay intact for 6 weeks - I get Longoria back)

for

Hanley

R Zimm

LoMo (long term, good, this year I think his knee bothers him all year)

Hanrahan

Accept.

Banking on finding saves on waivers, but if I do this trade's a win on my end at least imho.

Hmm...BautistaStarlinChipper (just need him to somehow stay intact for 6 weeks - I get Longoria back)forHanleyR ZimmLoMo (long term, good, this year I think his knee bothers him all year)HanrahanAccept.Banking on finding saves on waivers, but if I do this trade's a win on my end at least imho.
From what you've posted, I like this trade for you :thumbup:

Is David Wright a sell high? And if so, who can I go after?

Is Pujols a buy low? Would that be asking too much if I did a Wright for Pujols kind of deal?

Buy lawrie? Just got offered him for ackley. I'm covered at 3rd but also have the 2b depth to give and think he's a got lottery ticket

Josh Johnson?
I'm thinking you might be too late now to get him at a big discount. I would've sold him off in a few leagues 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm asking way more or holding.
His last 3 starts have all been good. Granted, they came against Houston, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. That being said, the NL East and the National League in general is pretty offensively challenged. He'll get some cheap wins even if he doesn't have his best stuff.He was consistently touching 94 yesterday, and you can tell the command is starting to come back.

I made a classice buy low, sell high 1 for 1 trade this weekend. Got Ryan Zimmerman for Lance Lynn. Surprised the guy did it since Lynn has been regressing some lately. I needed power and had a hole at 3B since losing Longoria.

Buy lawrie? Just got offered him for ackley. I'm covered at 3rd but also have the 2b depth to give and think he's a got lottery ticket
I made this exact trade in the preseason. Obviously a dynasty league, but I'd still do it in a redraft now if you have 2b locked down like I did (Cano/Kipnis).

I made this exact trade in the preseason. Obviously a dynasty league, but I'd still do it in a redraft now if you have 2b locked down like I did (Cano/Kipnis).
Ended up passing on it for now. I have Trumbo and Encarnacion for 3b options, with Goldschmidt and LoMo being Corner infielder position filler as well.Up the middle, my 2b/MI slots are manned by Kipnis, who's solid and Weeks, who's been a let down. I've done well rotating the 3 guys into 2 spots and while Lawrie's offensive upside is obvious, and I question the long term productivity of EE and Trumbo, I decided to stay strong up the middle. I could certainly regret this.I should also mention, its a keeper structure where I can keep Ackley for two seasons.

Is R.A. Dickey a good sell high or a hold? Any buy low pitchers to go after?

Also, any players with high stolen bases out there that can be traded for in the cheap?

I made a classice buy low, sell high 1 for 1 trade this weekend. Got Ryan Zimmerman for Lance Lynn. Surprised the guy did it since Lynn has been regressing some lately. I needed power and had a hole at 3B since losing Longoria.
Well that didn't go as I expected. Lynn is regressing now but I missed a lot of great starts. Meanwhile I toiled for a month with Zimmerman, waiting for him to turn it around. The guy sucked the life out of my offense, pulling down my BA and adding nothing in return. I was able to get Middlebrooks off the wire when someone dropped him and now Zimmerman is a FA.....and no one is biting. There that loser sits.Buy low/Sell high doesn't always work so well.

Users who are viewing this thread