What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Euro Soccer Survivor Pool Thread (1 Viewer)

Four teams per gameweek, one per league? Draw counts as a loss? Three losses and you're done?

Four teams per gameweek, one per league? Draw counts as a loss? Three losses and you're done?
We're going to have a winner by mid-October this way. I'm thinking one game per "week", you get to pick from any of the four big leagues.I like Charv's suggestion of $50, if people are up for it.

Another take on draws would be to require 2 games the following gameweek.
That would be good too.
So,Pick one game each game week of the season (Monday through Sunday) from 1 of the "Big 4":England, Germany, Italy, SpainIf draw on any game, that game gets added to next week's targetAfter 3 losses, you are out of the competitionIf 20 or more people; 50/30/20If 10 or more people; 75/25If less than 10; Winner takes all

Last edited by a moderator:
Interest so far:

Good Posting Judge

charvik

Sebowski

El Floppo

Aaron Rudnicki

The Gator

Moe

That's 7 within the first hour... :popcorn:

That would be good too.
So,Pick one game each game week of the season (Monday through Sunday) from 1 of the "Big 4":England, Germany, Italy, SpainIf draw on any game, that game gets added to next week's targetAfter 3 losses, you are out of the competitionIf 20 or more people; 50/30/20If 10 or more people; 75/25If less than 10; Winner takes all
adding: Failing to make a pick for a game week counts as loss.

That would be good too.
I think some "game weeks" bleed over on to the next Monday. We should probably just use each league's "Week 1", "Week 2", etc. I think these all line up, because they take breaks at the same time for internationals, Euro competitions, etc.There are also some mid-week slates. :shrug:

That would be good too.
I think some "game weeks" bleed over on to the next Monday. We should probably just use each league's "Week 1", "Week 2", etc. I think these all line up, because they take breaks at the same time for internationals, Euro competitions, etc.There are also some mid-week slates. :shrug:
yeah, that makes sense... each leagues game week...

Premier League: starts August 18th

Serie A: starts August 25th

La Liga: starts August 18th

Bundesliga: starts August 24th

Are we "officially" starting the competition with EPLw2, SerAw1, LLw2, BLw1 on Aug 24th?

That would be good too.
I don't know if we'll make it to the winter but the EPL is insane around Christmas and New Years while all of the continental wussies take time off. Thoughout the season I think the EPL makes a lot more frequent use of midweek matchups as well.

It might get really messy to keep track of each leagues game weeks... might be easier to just run calendar weeks :shrug:

'charvik said:
It might get really messy to keep track of each leagues game weeks... might be easier to just run calendar weeks :shrug:
That might be best. Probably wanna do Saturday through Friday, as I think most "weeks" kick off on Sat.

Interested...What if I forget to pick?
Well, we are still spit balling, but failure to pick a week should count as loss per current suggestion. Alternative, miss a week and you have to pick 2 games correctly the following, and can't use draw rollover :shrug: (could get messy to keep track of)

'charvik said:
That might be best. Probably wanna do Saturday through Friday, as I think most "weeks" kick off on Sat.
Bundesliga generally use Friday if I remember correctly, so weeks should run Friday to Thursday in that case...

'AcerFC said:
Is this where you pick a team and can't pick them again for the rest of the season
Yeah, I like that idea...As for everything else, I think it can be tracked in a spreadsheet pretty easily.

up to 12 people now... at least enough to make it worthwhile.

I don't think we can make this happen for opening week, but maybe aim for the start of Bundesliga?

Premier League: starts August 18th

Serie A: starts August 25th

La Liga: starts August 18th

Bundesliga: starts August 24th

Are we "officially" starting the competition with EPLw2, SerAw1, LLw2, BLw1 on Aug 24th?

Rules:

[*]Survivor Pool Week 1: starts on Friday August 24th and ends Thursday August 30th

[*]Pick one game each game week of the season (Friday through Thursday) from 1 of the "Big 4":England, Germany, Italy, Spain

[*]Picks have to be posted in this thread prior to kickoff, but you don't have to post it prior to the start of the game week, i.e. you can wait to post your pick until Monday, if that's you selected games kickoff for that week.

[*]Picks, results and "standing" will be posted on Google Docs spreadsheet (to be created)

[*]Failing to make a pick on any given game week counts as a loss.

[*]If draw on any game, that game gets added to next week's target

[*]After 3 losses, you are out of the competition

[*]You can only use each team once during the year, i.e. if you pick Malaga to win in week 1, you can't pick them as winners again for the rest of the season.

If 20 or more people; 50/30/20

If 10 or more people; 75/25

Interest so far:

[*]Good Posting Judge

[*]charvik

[*]Sebowski

[*]El Floppo

[*]Aaron Rudnicki

[*]The Gator

[*]Moe

[*]King_Kelly (Bentley)

[*]AcerFC

[*]Christo

[*]The Z Machine

[*]8ebok24

$20? $50?

thoughts and comments on above?

Looks good to me. If you pick a team and they draw, you still cannot pick that team again correct? I'm in for any amount up to $100.

Simple google spreadsheet, which I can refine later:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkyWtdhvADajdHVvWmZOUllhLWJuSEhkZTY1eTlneFEAnyone can edit right now... we can lock it down later if needed.
You are going to want to lock that down immediately assuming the same jack nut wants to screw up the sheet a bunch of times like in the EPL draft we had.

Rules:

Do I have this correct?Week 1: Pick Team A

Week 1 Result: Team A draws: can't use Team A anymore but no loss is added to your count

Week 2: Pick Team B and C

Week 2 Result: Team B draws, Team C wins: still no losses

Week 3: Pick Team D and E

Week 3 Result: Team D wins, Team E loses, one loss on record

Week 4: back to picking just a single team

'NewlyRetired said:
'charvik said:
Rules:

Week 1 Result: Team A draws: can't use Team A anymore but no loss is added to your count

correctETA: It may seem like this makes it easy, but "wasting" draws with top teams will make things very difficult in the end...

'NewlyRetired said:
'charvik said:
Rules:

correctETA: It may seem like this makes it easy, but "wasting" draws with top teams will make things very difficult in the end...
thanks!could a person theoretically win the survivor pool with out picking a single winner?

Users who are viewing this thread