What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Targets (1 Viewer)

Anyone already looking ahead to 2013 in a keeper league? I'm sitting at 1-6 with no real shot at playoffs but have a couple of trade assets in Aaron Rodgers and McFadden. Looking to trade them for some low price keepers. Players I'm targeting who have a low value/were drafted late are:

Alfred Morris

RGIII

Randall Cobb

Luck

Reggie Wayne

Who else are keeper targets for next year?

i think rgiii is going to be a beast but i never like a sophmore qb look at cam this year after he was awesome last year i wish they would pick an o down there in car and stick with it though what are they running pistols and triple optinos for that is crazy i guess they could probably beat michigan state with that college o but they will not beat many nfl teams except jacksonville which is atrotious and an affront to god but here is what i predict cam will be back next year and he is probably worth trying to get cheapola and hang on to for next year and rgiii will be pretty good as well but will likely come back to earth a bit but then take off in year three cobb is gonig to be very hard to get and well i love him there is only so much he is going to do fantasy wise unless you are in a return yard leage becuse rodgers just spreads it around and sometimes to people you never thought would blow up like mike crabappletree or double j those are both nicknames i came up with and you can feel free to use them so take that to teh bank brohan

What about Kendall Hunter or Jacquizz Rodgers? Would have real value if either became the starter next year.
Jacquizz is garbage and he's shown it this year. The falcons will draft a big time back to take over for turner next season.
I wouldn't say garbage, but Rodgers certainly has not lived up to expectations as a guy that the team believes could/should cut into Turner's workload. Of course, part of it is that Turner's quick demise was a bit exaggerated.

Thoughts on Daryl Richardson as a keeper target for next year? Seems like SJax's days in STL are numbered.
Agreed - SJax is almost certainly gone.Big question is whether they anoint Richardson, have him split with Pead, or bring someone else in entirely. Without knowing until free agency/draft, in any case Richardson is a great keep-your-hopes-up stash.

Guys to pick up this year

RB

Ridley (might not be cheap but will still be the workhorse next year)

Ingram (I am hoping he gets traded. NO offense is not a good fit buy low)

Daniel Thomas

Stewart Car

WR

Titus Young

Britt

Josh Gordon

Mike Williams TB

i think rgiii is going to be a beast but i never like a sophmore qb look at cam this year after he was awesome last year i wish they would pick an o down there in car and stick with it though what are they running pistols and triple optinos for that is crazy i guess they could probably beat michigan state with that college o but they will not beat many nfl teams except jacksonville which is atrotious and an affront to god but here is what i predict cam will be back next year and he is probably worth trying to get cheapola and hang on to for next year and rgiii will be pretty good as well but will likely come back to earth a bit but then take off in year three cobb is gonig to be very hard to get and well i love him there is only so much he is going to do fantasy wise unless you are in a return yard leage becuse rodgers just spreads it around and sometimes to people you never thought would blow up like mike crabappletree or double j those are both nicknames i came up with and you can feel free to use them so take that to teh bank brohan
My head hurts.If you can land CJ Spiller right now, I look to buy him before this weekend. The writing is on the wall...it'll be his backfield any week now (could be this week).

I'd definitely go all out to try and acquire RG3, he's going to be scary with Garcon healthy next year, plus a year of experience and potentially the addition of another WR. If he's not available then the next obvious target would be Andrew Luck. I would also go hard after C.J. Spiller. At WR, Cobb does look like a good target assuming Jennings is gone.

C.J. Spiller will be gold and probalby a top 3 RB next year. The good thing is, he missed a few games this year and now splits time with Fred Jackson so unless he is on your fantasy team or you live near Buffalo, you probaly don't hear much about him. I bet he can be had rather cheap and he is pretty much going to get you 15-20 points per week from here on out there year so there isn't much risk.

Some I'm looking at

Ivory

TY Hilton (getting more popular than i wanted)

Stephen Hill

Ryan Mallet

Terrelle Pryor

Bilal Powell (not as much as I hoped)

Phil Tanner ( might be Dunbar now)

iPead... Not sure he doesn't grow into his draft position...

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Brown?

What's the deal with CJ2K's contract? Is Jamie Harper someone to think about for next season?

12-Team Dynasty, guys on the waiver wire who I'm targeting to pick up at the end of the season..

Vincent Brown

Michael Floyd

Alshon Jeffery

Ryan Williams

12-Team Dynasty, guys on the waiver wire who I'm targeting to pick up at the end of the season..Vincent BrownMichael FloydAlshon Jeffery Ryan Williams
Wow. Must be short rosters I guess.Anyway, I would make room for one of those WR right now. Dont leave it to chance.

Users who are viewing this thread