What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Building the Perfect Fantasy League - Part 7 (Presumed Final Poll) (1 Viewer)

How should prize money be split?

• 100% to winner of the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 80% to winner of playoffs, 20% to regular season champ (very possible for it to be the same team)

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • 80% to winner of playoffs, 10% to regular season champ, 10% to team with most points (still possible

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Entry fee returned to all playoff teams, rest goes to winner of playoffs

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

Keith R

The Don
<p>This is the latest in a series I will conduct in order to determine the "perfect" FFL experience.  The results early polls will help guide future polls.  Please vote as to how your perfect league would look.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Based on the results of the Part 1 through Part 6 threads, (the most recent of which can be found at <a href="http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=682104">http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=682104</a> ), our perfect fantasy football league boasts the following;</p>
<p> </p>
<p>12 FFL teams</p>
<p>PPR Scoring</p>
<p>Decimal scoring</p>
<p>4 points for a passing TD</p>
<p><span>Decimaled scoring for FG distance, every .1 point per yard, with a minimum of 3 points</span></p>
<p><span>No negative points for missed FGs</span></p>
<p><span>-1 point for all turnovers</span></p>
<p><span>Regular Season Ties are left as ties</span></p>
<p>Team Defenses / Special Teams</p>
<p>Dynasty League</p>
<p>Auction</p>
<p>Head-to-head format</p>
<p>1 starting QB</p>
<p>Required Starters - 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K</p>
<p>2 flex starters, which can be any combination of RBs, WRs, and/or TEs</p>
<p>6 teams make the playoffs</p>
<p>3 divisions</p>
<p>Week 16 Championship Game</p>
<p>Trade Deadline is Week 10</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>You may wish to keep those parameters in mind when voting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, while I intend this to be the final poll, please let me know if there is an issue that has yet to be addressed that should be voted on.  (FYI, I will not have a vote on actual entry fee)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA - 1 K is required to start</p>

ETA the final revote on prize money is at http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=682323

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, do you start a kicker or not? You have rules about FGs, but I didn't see them listed in the starters section.

I was under the impression that you didn't have them when I voted. If you do start kickers, then I'd change my vote on the deadline for acquiring FAs. I had said end of regular season. But that means you either risk being screwed if your kicker breaks his leg in the playoffs, or have to carry a backup, neither of which are good IMO. So I'd change my vote to week 16 if you use the K position.

For the prize money, I have never seen a league where 2nd place did not get a decent amount of cash. In a 12 team league, if you make it to the superbowl and then lose, IMO you should at least get double the entry fee back.

I did not see an option giving money to the runner-up other than "all playoff teams get entry fees back", so I voted other.

prize money: Final 4 teams should get money back. High points team in regular season should be rewarded - as much as SB loser.

Assuming $100 entry fee = $1200

SB winner: $500

SB Runner-up $250

High Points: $250

3rd and 4th place: $100 each

Would love to know what the football guys think about what a fair and optimal system for team defensive scoring is.

The "perfect" league is whatever one you sign up for. There are a lot of options out there, so pick one you like instead of picking one you dont like and constantly complaining about it.

Would love to know what the football guys think about what a fair and optimal system for team defensive scoring is.
I am not a fan of the "old" way of defensive scoring. Here is what I have grown accustomed to and I like it.

Opponent Punts 1 point each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 2 points each

Interceptions Caught 2 points each

Sacked a QB 1 point each

Safeties 2 points each

Number of Defensive TDs 6 points each

Opponent Fourth Downs Failed 2 points each

Last edited by a moderator:
My league is 14x$100

We pay out:

SB Winner: $800

SB Runner-Up: $350

Regular Season Pts: $150

3rd place: $100

It's works well.

In my 12-team league we use the following:

League dues = x; 4 teams make the playoffs.

1st place: 4x

2nd place: 3x

3rd place: 2x

4th place: 1x

Regular season Pts: 2x

Thanks for voting and discussion. Based on the high number of "other" votes to question 4, I will conduct one final poll for that, with the suggestions added.

Users who are viewing this thread