What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slotting the 2015 Class vs 2014 Class (1 Viewer)

Our Gang

Footballguy
Would like to see some thoughts on the slotting of the 2015 prospects vs 2014- for example

WR

Beckham

Evans

Watkins

Cooper- 15

Benjamin

White - 15

Cooks

Parker- 15

Landry

yes! trying to gauge the known vs the potential. Helps in the valuation process of the first round dynasty picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances are a lot will change before rookie drafts. Generally, I have found picks will become more valuable after the NFL draft when destinations have been established and rookie fever starts to kick in.

IMO Watkins, Evans, and OBJ proved to have enough talent to be productive immediately independent of being drafted into 'poor' situations. Benjamin, Cooks and Landry as well as Adams and Moncrief, who should be on your list as well, were all drafted into situations conducive to them succeeding over the next 3 years or more.

Regarding the 2015 rookie receivers, I believe a lot will depend on who drafts them. I saw a recent mock where Cooper went to Oakland, White - Cleveland, and Parker - San Francisco, Strong - Arizona, and Coates - NE. If this was to transpire, I, personally, would not feel comfortable ranking any of them over the afore mentioned 2014 wrs.

Where's DGB on this list OP? I think you can safely slot him ahead of any of your 15 guys, and MAYBE above Watkins...If we're looking purely at on-field.

Where's DGB on this list OP? I think you can safely slot him ahead of any of your 15 guys, and MAYBE above Watkins...If we're looking purely at on-field.
I don't think you can safely do that at all.

Best college season:

Brandin Cooks - 128 catches, 1730 yards

Davante Adams - 131 catches, 1719 yards

Sammy Watkins - 101 catches, 1464 yards

Allen Robinson - 97 catches, 1432 yards

Mike Evans - 69 catches, 1394 yards

Odell Beckham - 57 catches, 1117 yards

Kelvin Benjamin - 54 catches, 1011 yards

Dorial Green-Beckham - 59 catches, 883 yards

If we're looking purely at "on-field" achievements then he has no case for being ahead of these guys. You can argue that he has more potential and/or talent than these receivers and that he would have had a huge junior season if eligible, but that's all questionable. Nevermind the fact that character issues are a real tangible thing. The guy got booted off the team at Missouri and bolted Oklahoma without playing a down to chase the money. Neither one of those things really reflects well on him.

DGB seems to have the potential to become better than many of the players on the above list, but when you weigh all the variables, I don't know if you can comfortably take him ahead of any of them. Maybe the second tier guys like Adams and Robinson if you're not sold on them. He's a big time boom-or-bust proposition IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread