What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Stock Value Strategy Starts Now (1 Viewer)

I have a stop loss in for $2. That said, I think a stop loss is almost useless for a stock like HEB. Any real news will come with a halt.

HEB could go the way of VNDA (although VNDA shot up 800% in one day) on FDA approval. If not approved, it does like all drug stocks do when failing, it goes back to where it started. That would be about 0.5.
So wouldn't a huge trailing stop be the play here? Something like 50% maybe?
You don't want to do that. In the case of a stock like HEB with impending news, never show them an open order lower than the current price. All that does is give a MM an chance to take a run at your shares.

I agree, any stop loss won't do much good as the stock would likely be halted and then gap down well below the level you put it in for. Not too mention the way that thing has been swinging up and down you may easily be stopped out on a downswing and then see it go right back up.

I'm diggin KERX @ 1.20 1.21 area. A lot of support there.

Already own @ 1.27.

Also diggin

FTK @ 2.32

RTK @ .56

Would buy if I had aval funds.

HEB could go the way of VNDA (although VNDA shot up 800% in one day) on FDA approval. If not approved, it does like all drug stocks do when failing, it goes back to where it started. That would be about 0.5.
So wouldn't a huge trailing stop be the play here? Something like 50% maybe?
You don't want to do that. In the case of a stock like HEB with impending news, never show them an open order lower than the current price. All that does is give a MM an chance to take a run at your shares.
Also it will tend to be announced after hours. That's the risk/reward.

Anyone still in FEED? Pretty great run lately itself.
:shrug: Hoping to hit $8.00 soon.
FEED is a monster. I'm jealous to have not have owned any.
$7.92 is looking like the magic number for the next level of resistence dating back from Oct '08. It butted up against it today and seems to be holding at $7.80. I think the traders are selling and the shorts are pilling on when it gets in the $7.80's. Interesting to see what it does as the stock is already up huge the last few weeks, may be time for it to take a breather.Tempted to take profits in my other china small caps, they may all be poised to pull back some here after exploding the last two weeks. If I only I was psychic and could know if this is just a pause, a pull back, or the end of the bear market bounce everyone has been worried about for the last few months.

For those looking to add DRYS, we're at the next support level now. If it holds, this is a great time to buy. Looks like the top of this trading channel to me is 8.30-8.50.

ouch, dryshippers taking a pounding today.

I think i might bail on Paragon next time it hits 5.80+, this is too much of a roller coaster for my liking.

my next move is to buy December Puts on a bunch of the deteriorating 3x's bear ETF's, although not faz specifically since they have already been pounded to the ground.

HEB:

Lets assume the FDA decision is approval (not during market hours). Would most institutions have to wait for it to reach $5 first ... during normal trading hours to pour $$$ into it? Or would they get in at the open?

If so, i may be tempted to get out of HEB and then catch it as it climbs up at the open.

PPS estimates seem to be anywhere from $10-$25 on approval.

HEB:Lets assume the FDA decision is approval (not during market hours). Would most institutions have to wait for it to reach $5 first ... during normal trading hours to pour $$$ into it? Or would they get in at the open?If so, i may be tempted to get out of HEB and then catch it as it climbs up at the open.PPS estimates seem to be anywhere from $10-$25 on approval.
Institution buying isn't even a concern unless your talking about holding for a long time if it gets approved. HEB is pretty simple. If it gets approved. Your making tons. If not. You're losing.

Both PRGN and DRYS is in the tank today, off over 8% each. Either this is the pullback, or a good time to buy. I'm going for the latter, as I'm re-buying the PRGN shares I sold at 5.85 yesterday for 5.25 today.

HEB:Lets assume the FDA decision is approval (not during market hours). Would most institutions have to wait for it to reach $5 first ... during normal trading hours to pour $$$ into it? Or would they get in at the open?If so, i may be tempted to get out of HEB and then catch it as it climbs up at the open.PPS estimates seem to be anywhere from $10-$25 on approval.
Institution buying isn't even a concern unless your talking about holding for a long time if it gets approved. HEB is pretty simple. If it gets approved. Your making tons. If not. You're losing.
Why wouldn't institution buying be something to look forward to on approval? VNDA is now up to 31% institutional ownership - which has been directly responsible for most of the gains. Look at the price on approval, then after the inst. buying popped it up.HEB is only 200mil market cap. Institution could sky rocket this stock in seconds (on approval). So even if you buy it at the open, you can make out like a bandit.

Both PRGN and DRYS is in the tank today, off over 8% each. Either this is the pullback, or a good time to buy. I'm going for the latter, as I'm re-buying the PRGN shares I sold at 5.85 yesterday for 5.25 today.
This is my thoughts. The correction may be happening now, but PRGN was cheap at 5.60. At 5.25, this is a no-brainer if you have patience.

I just chickened out on half my HEB. I sold 500 shares and now have 500 remaining. I figure now i am playing with house money and I don't have to worry about getting "wiped out" if it goes to zero.

In other news, HEB is now going to get approved at the bell.

"I just chickened out on half my HEB. I sold 500 shares and now have 500 remaining. I figure now i am playing with house money and I don't have to worry about getting "wiped out" if it goes to zero."

this is the shark move methinks....

Changed my PRGN buy to 5.29. Sorta hoping it hits, but sort of don't, as I still hold a number of shares at 5.35 (sold only half yesterday).

Why wouldn't institution buying be something to look forward to on approval? VNDA is now up to 31% institutional ownership - which has been directly responsible for most of the gains. Look at the price on approval, then after the inst. buying popped it up.HEB is only 200mil market cap. Institution could sky rocket this stock in seconds (on approval). So even if you buy it at the open, you can make out like a bandit.
Well I can honestly say with VNDA I did exaclty what u said. I was watching it ans when it got approved after hours I was putting in bids at 6,7,8,9 and it went up so fast none got in. I finally got in at 10.40 and it then dropped to 7.50 and came back. The ride from 10 to 13 or so may have been institution. But I don't think the initial surge

Changed my PRGN buy to 5.29. Sorta hoping it hits, but sort of don't, as I still hold a number of shares at 5.35 (sold only half yesterday).
Appears bottom hit at $5.30. Already back up to $5.37. Ill keep buying at $5.30 and selling at $5.75 until Im blue in the face. I love it when a stock bounces in a nice predictable range.

I'm still sitting in all cash over here. I'm not touching anything today. Well....maybe DXO...

Appears bottom hit at $5.30. Already back up to $5.37. Ill keep buying at $5.30 and selling at $5.75 until Im blue in the face. I love it when a stock bounces in a nice predictable range.
Get behind me, I have an order for 3,000 more at 5.30 too

HEB getting tattooed, back down to 2.33
I do not understand what is going on with this stock. I dont get how a stock can go up 33% in 5 minutes two days in row and retrace back to where it started. There will be a book written on this, someone somewhere is a crook.

buying Sept 90 Puts on GLD.

once the general public starts all thinking one way they are usually wrong, so i'll take the other side and bet against gold.

moderated said:
buying Sept 90 Puts on GLD.once the general public starts all thinking one way they are usually wrong, so i'll take the other side and bet against gold.
Just to throw out another idea...Instead of buying the 90 puts...you could write the 100 Calls.This pays you $4.10.With a stock 3 things can happen: it can go up...it can go down or it can stay flat. Buying an option means you must be correct in which way the stock is going to move AND in the timeframe it is going to move. Premium burn (time erosion) is a killer. When you write an option premium burn is your friend. Your breakeven on the 90 puts is $86.25. So unless you think GLD is going far below $86...writing the 100 call will accomplish more.

I'm in the Fidelity penalty box and missing out on some great buying opportunities. :wub: The NHL gives you 2 mins, Fidelity gives you 2 months.

Just spent 30 mins with the rep explaining how ####ed up their software is. I have a printed page saying I have $25K cash availalbe available (core+unsettled) from yesterday afternoon and have made no trades since, however my DRYS sales yesterday put me in the sin bin because they drew the purchase funds the day before from unsettled.

I'm in the Fidelity penalty box and missing out on some great buying opportunities. :wub: The NHL gives you 2 mins, Fidelity gives you 2 months.Just spent 30 mins with the rep explaining how ####ed up their software is. I have a printed page saying I have $25K cash availalbe available (core+unsettled) from yesterday afternoon and have made no trades since, however my DRYS sales yesterday put me in the sin bin because they drew the purchase funds the day before from unsettled.
They won't let you trade at all? Or just not with unsettled money?

I'm in the Fidelity penalty box and missing out on some great buying opportunities. :shrug: The NHL gives you 2 mins, Fidelity gives you 2 months.Just spent 30 mins with the rep explaining how ####ed up their software is. I have a printed page saying I have $25K cash availalbe available (core+unsettled) from yesterday afternoon and have made no trades since, however my DRYS sales yesterday put me in the sin bin because they drew the purchase funds the day before from unsettled.
Scottrade threatened me with this when I wanted to sell UCO one time. I ended up selling for less later and wishing I had done it anyway.

I'm in the Fidelity penalty box and missing out on some great buying opportunities. :shrug: The NHL gives you 2 mins, Fidelity gives you 2 months.Just spent 30 mins with the rep explaining how ####ed up their software is. I have a printed page saying I have $25K cash availalbe available (core+unsettled) from yesterday afternoon and have made no trades since, however my DRYS sales yesterday put me in the sin bin because they drew the purchase funds the day before from unsettled.
At all until the next bit of unsettled becomes available tomorrow. After that, just not unsettled. I feel like Wilt at a hooker convention with my zipper super glued shut.

moderated said:
buying Sept 90 Puts on GLD.once the general public starts all thinking one way they are usually wrong, so i'll take the other side and bet against gold.
Or you could buy shares of PRGN for $5.40 right now and then sell it for $5.80 by Friday. Either works. This trade is going to pay for $1,500 no limit fee next friday at the WSOP.

At all until the next bit of unsettled becomes available tomorrow. After that, just not unsettled. I feel like Wilt at a hooker convention with my zipper super glued shut.
Vanguard did the same to me a few months back. I didn't know I couldn't do that. Funny part is they dont deduct "unsettled activity" from "available funds". Confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread