What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone here know any serious art collectors? (1 Viewer)

I've got some impressionist-style colorations on some old underwears that could bring in some serious scratch.

I honestly do know one. He just got thrown in jail for tax evasion.
Estimated time of release? I'm not screwing around here. I know Alex Rodriguez collects art. Steven A Cohen or one of these other billionaires would work but I can only find links for sending resumes.

I have a picture of the piece of art I am talking about. This isn't shtick. It's never been seen by the public. This artist falls just slightly below the masters.

Real art collectors buy original art and make it valuable. Then they sell it to chumps who jump on the bandwagon with a little apartment-decorating fund wanting what all the big-dogs have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real art collectors buy original art and make it valuable. Then they sell it to chumps who jump on the bandwagon with a little apartment-decorating fund wanting what all the big-dogs have.
Safari, I'm not talking about tomato soup can Warhol prints here. This is a big deal.

Safari, I'm not talking about tomato soup can Warhol prints here. This is a big deal.
I will come and do an abstract painting on your wall. Hundred-foot tall praying mantises hovering about jack running through the hedge maze in a scene straight out of the Shining. $200/hr.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will come and do an abstract painting on your wall. Hundred-foot tall praying mantises hovering about jack running through the hedge maze in a scene straight out of the Shining. $200/hr.
Forward me a picture of your work.

Forward me a picture of your work.
$2.00 commission to a paypal account of my choosing for an 800x600 primary/secondary colored preliminary sample jpg.I don't do charity work.

IM if interested.

I know Eli Broad (billionaire art collector) but I cannot give his number out to any yahoo on the internet. I need to know that this is serious.

Seriously? I know someone who collects original art and is quite wealthy. I'm just not sure how she goes about choosing what she buys. I gather that you have a piece you are looking to unload for a hefty profit, no? Wish I could help, but I'm no mediator/broker in the world of art.

I know several but highly doubt I'll be introducing them to you anytime soon. No offense.

There's a lot of well connected people here talking about not connecting their unnamed connections to a guy looking to get connected about a piece of art with no name.

This is serious business.

Is there a reason why you aren't telling us the artist's name and the piece?

I don't get the mystery.

Pickles, email sent. It's legit. There is also a Tamayo piece available. Truck, get the call in to Obi-Wan. We're moving forward.

Pickles, email sent. It's legit. There is also a Tamayo piece available. Truck, get the call in to Obi-Wan. We're moving forward.
This is all extremely exciting.And to think all this critical communication is taking place on a msg board where we all can see it! :lmao: :lmao:

There is also a Tamayo piece available.
Now this is interesting.
Rufino Tamayo started in his early days as a professional wrestler, at age 30 he stopped, and dedicated his life to painting portraits. From 1937 to 1949, Tamayo and his wife Olga lived in New York, becoming widely recognized, and he painted some of his most valuable works during that time.
:lmao:

More interesting stuff -

Tamayo's 1970 painting Tres Personajes was bought by a Houston man as a gift for his wife in 1977, then stolen from their storage locker in 1987 during a move. In 2003, Elizabeth Gibson found the painting in the trash on a New York City curb. Although she knew little about modern art, Gibson felt the painting "had power" and took it without knowing its origin or market value. She spent four years trying to learn about the work, eventually learning from the PBS website that it had been featured on an episode of Antiques Roadshow. After seeing the Missing Masterpieces segment about Tres Personajes, Gibson and the former owner arranged to sell the painting at a Sotheby's auction. In November, 2007 Gibson received a $15,000 reward plus a portion of the $1,049,000 auction sales price
Tres Personajes. Awesome painting with one strange history.

Sorry fin but just because it's on glass, it doesn't make that color by numbers any more valuable.

Das Boot said:
Finless said:
This is all extremely exciting.And to think all this critical communication is taking place on a msg board where we all can see it! :crazy: :loco:
Nothing is taking place on the message board. But I can assure you if things go as planned a bank statement may end up being posted before I log off for my permanent vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread