What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (4 Viewers)

offdee,

Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Maybe it's living in NYC the past 10 years but there are plenty of great clothing lines aimed at the 35 year old market (around my age). John Varvatos is a great line for our demographic. If you don't live in a big cosmopolitan city, I can understand your pain. I work in Houston quite often and when I go shopping, alot of what I see makes me want to puke. Lots of crappy denim with emroidery, tacky shirts with stupid designs, etc. Even worse when I'm out and I see middle aged men wearing this stuff, rocking faux hawks and tribal band tattoos.
well.. it is Houston
I hope Bushwick and Willie D aren't reading this
:confused: These guys?

I've never understood the topsider. Made for a boat, but made in leather? Not exactly the most water-friendly material (yes, I realize that most don't wear them on boats). Never been a fan of the rawhide wrap-around lace either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Men with pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses deserve an immediate !@#-kicking from any self-respecting FFAer.
To the OP --- just because you live in a safe, sanitized, and boring little world where most of your men friends probably wear guy liner doesn't mean that there isn't another world inhabited by rough men that you just wouldn't understand or fit into.You have an open invite to join me at the next gathering with my brothers in my MC, 100% of whom wear pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses, many with holes in the pants. I'll buy you a beer and a shot for each one of them you tell how "stupid" they look. You have to buy me a beer and a shot for each one that knocks out one of your teeth.You're too much of a debutant to wear pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses, and you feel uncomfortable around people who don't run in the same little metro circles that you do. Fine. I get it. Why the hatred of people who choose to live a different (and probably better) life than you though?(Full disclosure: No pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses. Yet. Just a 'vintage' t-shirt with my MC's name on it. Another with the name of my Tuesday Night Trivia team. You wouldn't understand that group of men either.)
Wow. Your passion for pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses is fearsome. Only a death wish would make me laugh at your pre-torn jean gang as they zip up their leather jackets (color coordinated to their crotch rockets) and strut past my pathetic self. (Also, your internet toughguy shtick is DIESEL. I can only hope that one day I'll be worthy enough to watch your chest hair grow.)

From what I understand, it's brilliant. Unless you wear a black t-shirt under it.
Black Shirt :no: Pink Shirt :thumbup:
Really? Drop some knowledge on me about this GB.
:sarcasm: The FBG contingent seems to get all riled up about pink shirts so I bring them up any chance I get.

I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned. That'll save your dress shirts from excess perspiration. I used to have to cut my V-Necks undershirts personally to get that look but now they're pretty easy to find.

I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned.
Agreed.J
Really? For me a white tee is pretty much necessary unless I want to look like teen wolf.
Yea, I'm in this boat too. Almost makes want to get waxed or something. Almost.
Time for some manscaping.
The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though. I'm stuck with white undershirts.

The jacket doesn't even fit. The sleeves don't even cover his wrists and the waiste made me think he's trying to sport some belly shirt.

The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though. I'm stuck with white undershirts.
Tufts of body hair is not a problem for me. I'll chalk it up to stunted growth from excessive drug use as a teen.

I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned.
Agreed.J
Really? For me a white tee is pretty much necessary unless I want to look like teen wolf.
Same here. Does this rule still apply if you have gigantic tufts of chest hair?
Maybe something to draw the eye away from the hair and help you blend it into the look?

The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though.

I'm stuck with white undershirts.
Trust me on this one. Go to Walgreens and invest $10 in the below shaver. It's very compact, used on dry skin (no shaving cream or anything needed) and the blades are made to work with sensitive skin. Could be your answer.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod1054007

My standard Florida attire is...

A white T-shirt, camo cargo shorts with a brown belt, and brown leather Keen sandals. I just recently went to Daytona and bought a Kyle Busch Interstate Batteries shirt that says 'Kyle Busch Leading The Charge'. The main color scheme is white, bright green, bright orange, and black. I am planning to cut the sleeves off of it to so I can show off my guns. How would you rate the standard attire... and how do you think wearing the new shirt will influence the outfit as a whole?

offdee,

Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Maybe it's living in NYC the past 10 years but there are plenty of great clothing lines aimed at the 35 year old market (around my age). John Varvatos is a great line for our demographic. If you don't live in a big cosmopolitan city, I can understand your pain. I work in Houston quite often and when I go shopping, alot of what I see makes me want to puke. Lots of crappy denim with emroidery, tacky shirts with stupid designs, etc. Even worse when I'm out and I see middle aged men wearing this stuff, rocking faux hawks and tribal band tattoos.
well.. it is Houston
I hope Bushwick and Willie D aren't reading this
ohlawd :lmao:

My standard Florida attire is...A white T-shirt, camo cargo shorts with a brown belt, and brown leather Keen sandals. I just recently went to Daytona and bought a Kyle Busch Interstate Batteries shirt that says 'Kyle Busch Leading The Charge'. The main color scheme is white, bright green, bright orange, and black. I am planning to cut the sleeves off of it to so I can show off my guns. How would you rate the standard attire... and how do you think wearing the new shirt will influence the outfit as a whole?
A. It'd be A+ if you worked a pair of American flag parachute pants into the arsenal.

From what I understand, it's brilliant. Unless you wear a black t-shirt under it.
Black Shirt :no: Pink Shirt :thumbup:
Really? Drop some knowledge on me about this GB.
:sarcasm: The FBG contingent seems to get all riled up about pink shirts so I bring them up any chance I get.

I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned. That'll save your dress shirts from excess perspiration. I used to have to cut my V-Necks undershirts personally to get that look but now they're pretty easy to find.
The last wedding I was at I had on my black suit with a deep pink shirt...it was money. :thumbup: The women love pink....

The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though.

Trust me on this one. Go to Walgreens and invest $10 in the below shaver. It's very compact, used on dry skin (no shaving cream or anything needed) and the blades are made to work with sensitive skin. Could be your answer.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod1054007
seriously? shaving your chest hair to prevent the faux pas of wearing a white shirt under your dress shirt? :confused: i'm a neanderthal, yes, but this is ridiculous even for the most metro guy.

WHO THE #### SHAVES THEIR ####ING CHEST HAIR?

The last wedding I was at I had on my black suit with a deep pink shirt...it was money. :thumbup: The women love pink....
pink dress shirts are :moneybag: I've heard a lot of chatter on here that only certain guys can pull it off. I think that's BS. I don't care who you are they look good and chicks dig em. As Guru alluded to, I like wearing a pink dress shirt with a midnight blue suit and a solid dark blue tie. It's nice way to throw some color into an otherwise ordinary look.

seriously? shaving your chest hair to prevent the faux pas of wearing a white shirt under your dress shirt? :confused: i'm a neanderthal, yes, but this is ridiculous even for the most metro guy.

Swimmers, bodybuilders, male strippers, FBG Wet Dream, Eva Longoria...

Being around all women in my family I know for a fact the neanderthal look is out in 2009.

Swimmers, bodybuilders, male strippers, FBG Wet Dream, Eva Longoria...
:sophomoricchuckle:

Users who are viewing this thread