What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

Just got my suit/tuxedo...whatever you wanna call it for my friends wedding. I'm the best so i gotta look my best. I got the suit. Which is just a simple looking black suit with a watermelon pink vest and tie....The bride wanted me to go in one of the wedding colors....either a dark looking pink or a really bright orange. I went with the pink.

Anyways looking to accessorize this outfit with a nice watch. What do you guys recommend?

Oh and i think I i might make a thread about possible bachelor party ideas....The way its looking they might do a whole bachelor/bachelorette (sp?) type thing....Don't wanna take over the thread with this stuff. Just figured id ask and see if it was a good enough topic to make a thread on it.
I see a white watch with that suit/tie combo. It will stand out against the black suit, mix well with the pink, and it's color is a nice representation of the wedding. Check out the Nixon Esquire in white polish.
Thanks for suggestion. They look pretty good. Do they sell these in stores or just online? I'm not a big watch guy so sorry if that was a dumb question.
Yes, you can find them in stores. There's a Dealer Locator on the website.

People still wear watches?
Apparently so. These guys are talking about them like my wife and her friends talk about handbags.
I'm serious. I thought watches were fading since everyone has access to a clock on their phone.
I'm serious too. They've become fashion accessories since their actual usage is dead with cellphones, etc.
This is actually a good point and something I never thought of. I guess I've been wearing my watch out of habit. I do think a nice watch looks great with a suit.

Just got my suit/tuxedo...whatever you wanna call it for my friends wedding. I'm the best so i gotta look my best. I got the suit. Which is just a simple looking black suit with a watermelon pink vest and tie....The bride wanted me to go in one of the wedding colors....either a dark looking pink or a really bright orange. I went with the pink.

Anyways looking to accessorize this outfit with a nice watch. What do you guys recommend?

Oh and i think I i might make a thread about possible bachelor party ideas....The way its looking they might do a whole bachelor/bachelorette (sp?) type thing....Don't wanna take over the thread with this stuff. Just figured id ask and see if it was a good enough topic to make a thread on it.
I see a white watch with that suit/tie combo. It will stand out against the black suit, mix well with the pink, and it's color is a nice representation of the wedding. Check out the Nixon Esquire in white polish.
Thanks for suggestion. They look pretty good. Do they sell these in stores or just online? I'm not a big watch guy so sorry if that was a dumb question.
Yes, you can find them in stores. There's a Dealer Locator on the website.
Apparently they sell these at the no fear store at my local mall. I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Apparently they sell these at the no fear store at my local mall. I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend. Thanks again for the suggestion.
No Fear is still around? :lmao: that's pretty awesome. They were the 90s version of Ed Hardy and Von Dutch.

No Fear is still around? :lmao: that's pretty awesome. They were the 90s version of Ed Hardy and Von Dutch.
Never paid attention to that store when i go to the mall. But after doing some research. They are sponsoring MMA fighters now. So i guess they are making a comeback.Either way they sell that watch that was suggested so i guess I'll take a look in that store.

Apparently so. These guys are talking about them like my wife and her friends talk about handbags.
I'm serious. I thought watches were fading since everyone has access to a clock on their phone.
I'm serious too. They've become fashion accessories since their actual usage is dead with cellphones, etc.
This is actually a good point and something I never thought of. I guess I've been wearing my watch out of habit. I do think a nice watch looks great with a suit.
You are in the "fashion" thread. If you want to talk about "function" this is not the place for that.J

Last edited by a moderator:

The 51-30 Chrono (white face) wraps my wrist regularly. I love it. Nixon makes a solid watch for a somewhat reasonable price.
never heard of this brand but seems like good quality for the price :thumbup:
It was an independent brand for quite some time, then Billabong acquired them. Both design and price went up considerably. I own an Esquire, two Rotologs, a 51-30, and a Connect. Yes, I am a watch hoar (those are just the tip of the iceburg).
Elaborate on this jb, please. I've been a one watch guy forever. But am starting to pay more attention to other watches I see and like. What is the practical reality of having a bunch of watches. How does this work out for you?J

I have an old ESQ from about 12 years ago. Haven't worn it in at least 5 years. Wonder if it is still in style. Stainless with gold trim.

The 51-30 Chrono (white face) wraps my wrist regularly. I love it. Nixon makes a solid watch for a somewhat reasonable price.
never heard of this brand but seems like good quality for the price :thumbup:
It was an independent brand for quite some time, then Billabong acquired them. Both design and price went up considerably. I own an Esquire, two Rotologs, a 51-30, and a Connect. Yes, I am a watch hoar (those are just the tip of the iceburg).
Elaborate on this jb, please. I've been a one watch guy forever. But am starting to pay more attention to other watches I see and like. What is the practical reality of having a bunch of watches. How does this work out for you?J
Just something I like...not sure how it started, but I was also a one watch guy for a while (long time ago). I now have watches that I only wear with suits, watches I only wear with tees and shorts, and everything in between. Practical reality? None. Not practical at all. Just like flysack said, if you need to tell the time, you can look at your cell phone or whatever. For me, there's meaning and purpose in some, and others, I just like. Example, my wife gave me a watch as a wedding present with "Our love is timeless" engraved on it. Pretty awesome. Can I wear it everyday? No. It's a dress watch, so it would look silly with swim trunks, and I also want to preserve it's condition given it's sentimentality. I have other pieces that just look cool, and seems to be real conversation starters. Others I marvel at their engineering (automatics, chronos, etc.). The craftsmanship that goes into some is amazing. Further, I'm in sales, so wearing a status watch with high end clientele does help convey an image of success and credibility which can make or break you in some situations.Some people buy a new driver every year. Or a new bat. Or a new ipod. Or a new cell phone. Or a new smoker. Or...

I'll bet dollars to donuts that every person on this board owns some type of luxury item...they just come in different forms - watches is one of a few for me. A buddy once asked me why I have so many watches, and I responded by asking him why he owns 25 fishing rods. To him there's a reason and appreciation. For me, I'm cool with my telescoping Coleman POS...which, BTW, I used to catch the biggest trout of the weekend on that guy's bachelor party.

That make sense?

You are in the "fashion" thread. If you want to talk about "function" this is not the place for that.J
Thanks for the info, Captain Obvious.

Lucky Jeans is having a 50% off sale online and in stores. Maybe not metro enough for some of you but they're pretty solid.
Really? I love Lucky jeans. Damn expensive, but great great jeans. Too bad the closest outlet is 4 hours away from me. I can't order jeans online either. I have to try them on before I know if I like them.ETA: screw it, at 50% off I may order a pair anyway.

It was a year ago, it was a grand opening of a new club d'town, I was mixing some things up that night giving them a whirl stylewise because there were a number of local designers/hipsters/fashion designers/artists in attendance so figured this would be the place to try it out. Rubber bands, suspenders, and pattern mixing is no longer part of my wardrobe. Now wear a nice watch and more overall streamlined and simple attire. Fashion trends change from year to year and I'm not afraid to give different looks a try to see if they work or not. You win some, you lose some. :shrug:

Big fan of the Cinco de Mayo T-shirt on there, too.

It's possible I've been in the southwest too long.

Lucky Jeans is having a 50% off sale online and in stores. Maybe not metro enough for some of you but they're pretty solid.
Really? I love Lucky jeans. Damn expensive, but great great jeans. Too bad the closest outlet is 4 hours away from me. I can't order jeans online either. I have to try them on before I know if I like them.ETA: screw it, at 50% off I may order a pair anyway.
REALLY deep discounts on belts. Wanted to buy a few when I was in vegas, but at $50 bucks a pop I balked

It was a year ago, it was a grand opening of a new club d'town, I was mixing some things up that night giving them a whirl stylewise because there were a number of local designers/hipsters/fashion designers/artists in attendance so figured this would be the place to try it out. Rubber bands, suspenders, and pattern mixing is no longer part of my wardrobe. Now wear a nice watch and more overall streamlined and simple attire. Fashion trends change from year to year and I'm not afraid to give different looks a try to see if they work or not. You win some, you lose some. :shrug:
So let me get this straight. You're going to a club opening that will have "local designers/hipsters/fashion designers/artists in attendance" and you plan on impressing them by putting a rubber band on your wrist?

My 8 year old daughter rocks that look with scrunchies. Wife too sometimes.

So you got that going for ya, which is nice.

It was a year ago, it was a grand opening of a new club d'town, I was mixing some things up that night giving them a whirl stylewise because there were a number of local designers/hipsters/fashion designers/artists in attendance so figured this would be the place to try it out.
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin?

I don't think this is true. With a watch, I can sneak a look at the time without someone assuming I'm bored with them or have more important matters to attend to like checking my phone for whatever. I know I get annoyed with folks who can't go 5 minutes without looking at their phone for whatever reason. I know it's 5 minutes because my watch sneakily told me so.Now, I don't have to wear an expensive/flashy watch for this maneuver so in that aspect it is a fashion thing.

Whew! Your style credibility remains intact because rocking rubber bands on your wrist, wearing slung down suspenders and mixing patterns was so last year.

How long did you spend picking out the right rubber band for this outfit, Versace?

So let me get this straight. You're going to a club opening that will have "local designers/hipsters/fashion designers/artists in attendance" and you plan on impressing them by putting a rubber band on your wrist?
Well, it sounds a little off when you word it that way.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that every person on this board owns some type of luxury item...they just come in different forms - watches is one of a few for me.
True. That defibrillator I purchased was pricey but has come in handy. I put sports decals all over it to add a little pizazz too.

just came across a sweet purple rubber band in my desk drawer. First observation (other than the fact that it does look pretty tight on my wrist): the thing reeks of rubber. Hope you didn't shake anyone's hands that night offdee. Fashion or not, you don't want to be known as smelly rubber dude.

just came across a sweet purple rubber band in my desk drawer. First observation (other than the fact that it does look pretty tight on my wrist): the thing reeks of rubber. Hope you didn't shake anyone's hands that night offdee. Fashion or not, you don't want to be known as smelly rubber dude.
Didn't Nigel Tufnel warn you once already about not getting this thread locked?

Please send a pic of your complete coutfit to offdee immediately for approval. You don't want your sweet purple rubber band to make you look gauche , do you?

Please send a pic of your complete coutfit to offdee immediately for approval. You don't want your sweet purple rubber band to make you look gauche , do you?
I'm admitting to it being goofy now (I get it, I do) but really, last year you didn't know anybody that wore a Livestrong bracelet or something comparable with some words written on it? Hell, NBA players wear them today. All those are are colored rubber bands.http://blog.epromos.com/archives/livestrong.jpg

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/upl...crybaby_big.jpg

http://snagwiremedia.com/wp-content/upload...a-2k-sports.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread