What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interesting take on Cutler (1 Viewer)

Norman Paperman

Footballguy
I have not seen a Cutler thread today, so I figured it was about time:

Link

Another Lovie coaching friend fires on Cutler, Mora adds on too

By

Brad Biggs

on September 15, 2009 12:52 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBacks (0)

At this point, it's fair to wonder if Lovie Smith shares the same viewpoints as his mentors.

Tony Dungy stepped out this spring and was critical of Jay Cutler's leadership ability, and now Mike Martz, another close friend to Smith who lobbied hard for him to get a head coaching job, has piled on.

Martz and Jim Mora Sr. made pointed remarks about Cutler's postgame press conference Sunday night at Lambeau Field after he threw a career-high four interceptions in a 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers. The Bears were 0-for-3 in the red zone and spoiled an all-around defensive effort. Cutler strung together a series of cliches and said miscommunications were partly to blame for the turnovers.

"When I saw that postgame press conference last night, I thought he looked completely immature,'' Mora said on the premier of The Head Coaches on NFL Network Monday night. "He acted like he didn't even care."

What's much more disturbing from the Bears' standpoint, however, is the criticism that came from Martz, who suggests the team is not handling him properly.

"He just doesn't get it,'' Martz said. "He doesn't understand that he represents a great head coach and the rest of those players on that team ... somebody needs to talk to him."

Smith remains close to Dungy and Martz both. It's difficult to imagine they would be critical of the marquee addition to the organization--the replacement for Sid Luckman six decades later--without knowing Smith would be understanding and accepting of their evaluations. Dungy called Cutler's makeup into question before.

"We'll see about his maturity level,'' Dungy said in a teleconference announcing his addition to NBC's coverage in early June. "That's what I would question. And some of the things that happened leading to him leaving Denver ... that would concern me as a head coach. He can make all of the throws, but quarterbacking is much more than just making throws."

Cutler can come across as being brusque in press conferences to uninterested and it's fair to say he was short Sunday night. What Dungy and Martz saw gave them reason to be concerned beyond the mistakes on the field.

``Having always handled my postgame press conferences in a professional way, I'm an authority on these types of things,'' Mora joked, referring to his "playoffs" rant that has become a popular beer commercial. "I just didn't think he was very professional, very accountable. I could give him a tip or two.''

It's going to be interesting to see what Smith's take on the situation is Wednesday. His new quarterback continues to take fire, and this is more friendly fire.

Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time.

He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.

Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time. He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.
Dont forget they need to win.

Lovie can come off sounding stupid - "Rex Grossman is our quarterback."

Dungy has rubbed plenty of people the wrong way.

Martz is a complete imbecile. Does anyone consider him credible anymore other than his friends?

Cutler is still young. He comes off cocky, but that's one of the reasons he's good.....he believes he's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time. He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.
And so far in his career...college and pro...he is about 50% there...just under it actually.

Well, QBs can't win or lose. But they can do as many of the things that QBs are required to do to put their team in positions to win. And Sunday night notwithstanding, Cutler's been pretty good at that.

Not defending Cutler here...but Jim Mora should be LAST guy to critique professional behavior during press conferences

And so far in his career...college and pro...he is about 50% there...just under it actually.
What's Leinart's winning percentage so far in his career, college and pro?

Cutler's diva attitude leaves him much less margin for error should the Bears have a 3 game skid. He is too good though not to keep them in games.

Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time.

He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.
Well, QBs can't win or lose. But they can do as many of the things that QBs are required to do to put their team in positions to win. And Sunday night notwithstanding, Cutler's been pretty good at that.
This is where the debate is. What all is included in that? Your previous post implies it's pretty much all on-the-field, performance stuff. The three NFL coaches quoted in the article say there's more to it.

Let's see....

lots of Talent - check

huge arm - check

never won anything - check

acts like a prima donna baby - check

Are you sure we are not talking about Jeff George?

:goodposting: It's funny how differently you view a player when you consider their age, and compare that to how you were at that age.

Cutler grew up a little over an hour from me. He came through school two years behind me. I really try to like him, but I have a hard time. His attitude sets him back. Its true that having a lot of confidence is a great thing as an NFL QB, but he definately has too much. It leads him to making of Favre-like mistakes.

@Chase Stuart

I respectively disagree 100% that you don't need those things to be a good NFL QB. A huge part of the position is leadership. A good example to me is Phillip Rivers. He is a headcase like Cutler. He is cocky, arrogant, mouthy. However, he knows how to lead his team. You would never question his loyalty to his team and teammates. He would never throw them under the bus. You can't say that about Cutler. I think it goes Cutler first, team and teammates second. He just gives you that feel. Because of these things and his tendency to put his team in a bad position with poor decisions, he will be a poor man's Brett Favre with less of the wow plays that won games for Green Bay and more of the bonehead throws that loses games.

Again, I want to like the guy since I live close to where he is from and have been familiar with him since High School. I just can't. I also happen to live about an hour from where Rex Grossman grew up. There must be something in the water down here that creates Bears QBs with a high affinity for INTs.

It shouldn't really surprise anyone that Cutler is having his maturity and leadership qualities questioned. And arm strength is important for a quarterback to have, but maturity and the ability to lead are also important.

Also, Cutler has a double chin.

Cutler grew up a little over an hour from me. He came through school two years behind me. I really try to like him, but I have a hard time. His attitude sets him back. Its true that having a lot of confidence is a great thing as an NFL QB, but he definately has too much. It leads him to making of Favre-like mistakes.

@Chase Stuart

I respectively disagree 100% that you don't need those things to be a good NFL QB. A huge part of the position is leadership. A good example to me is Phillip Rivers. He is a headcase like Cutler. He is cocky, arrogant, mouthy. However, he knows how to lead his team. You would never question his loyalty to his team and teammates. He would never throw them under the bus. You can't say that about Cutler. I think it goes Cutler first, team and teammates second. He just gives you that feel. Because of these things and his tendency to put his team in a bad position with poor decisions, he will be a poor man's Brett Favre with less of the wow plays that won games for Green Bay and more of the bonehead throws that loses games.

Again, I want to like the guy since I live close to where he is from and have been familiar with him since High School. I just can't. Ironically, I also live about an hour from where Rex Grossman grew up. There must be something in the water down here that creates Bears QBs with a high affinity for INTs.
I've seen Peyton Manning throw his teammates under the bus. What do you think of his career?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Favre had a pretty decent career?

College...pretty good...pro, not so much. Though, I don't recall bringing Leinart up as anything great.

have to disagree with this actually. QB is a leadership position, you have to bring a ton of intangibles to the game every day in order to go from a 'talented' qb to a winner. He clearly doesn't have any of the intangibles. As stated earlier, see Jeff George, amongst another 500 qbs that fell by the wayside. Then see the winners, and how they act. The montanas, the steve youngs, the mannings, brady, etcetcetc. Clear difference in attitude, in how the team views these guys, in how opponents view these guys, etcetcetc. Can go on for a while longer on this topic, but I think this short blurb sums it up. Cutler is a #####...talented #####, but ##### nonetheless...

Yup...though, for his best years he found a way to make up for the mistakes by playing very very well.Cutler has yet to show he can overcome his mistakes the way Favre did.

have to disagree with this actually. QB is a leadership position, you have to bring a ton of intangibles to the game every day in order to go from a 'talented' qb to a winner. He clearly doesn't have any of the intangibles. As stated earlier, see Jeff George, amongst another 500 qbs that fell by the wayside. Then see the winners, and how they act. The montanas, the steve youngs, the mannings, brady, etcetcetc. Clear difference in attitude, in how the team views these guys, in how opponents view these guys, etcetcetc. Can go on for a while longer on this topic, but I think this short blurb sums it up. Cutler is a #####...talented #####, but ##### nonetheless...
Jeff George was one of the most sack prone QBs in the league; Cutler is one of the very best in the league at avoiding sacks. George had a good arm, but there's a lot more to being talented than having a good arm. Cutler *is* one of the most talented QBs in the league, as was Montana, Manning, etc. So I don't get the comparison.

Lovie can come off sounding stupid - "Rex Grossman is our quarterback."Dungy has rubbed plenty of people the wrong way.Martz is a complete imbecile. Does anyone consider him credible anymore other than his friends? Cutler is still young. He comes off cocky, but that's one of the reasons he's good.....he believes he's good.
:hifive:

If people were judged strictly by press conference demeanor, Belichick wouldn't be a head coach either.

I fully agree that leadership and poise is a critical part of the QB position but I think the jury is still out on Cutler re: that, even if it may not look like he is headed in the right direction on that front. What blows my mind is that people are calling Phillip Rivers a leader; he has done little, if anything, to deserve that designation.

I have not seen the press conference, so I cannot speak to that - but I think the QB has to fall on his sword in public in those situations - even if the WRs ran the wrong route every play. When you have earned the respect of a Manning or a Favre you can get away with an occasional bus throw. But, when you are still learning to win, its best to keep your head down, and not blame your teammates when things go wrong.

You address those issues (bad play by the WRs) in the locker room and on the practice field.

Cutler seems very willing to pass the blame in these situations - he did it in Denver, and it seems like he might be doing it again in Chicago. He may be right - but he will never rally the troops with that type of blame game.

Chase Stuart said:
p00h said:
Chase Stuart said:
Jeff George was one of the most sack prone QBs in the league; Cutler is one of the very best in the league at avoiding sacks. George had a good arm, but there's a lot more to being talented than having a good arm. Cutler *is* one of the most talented QBs in the league, as was Montana, Manning, etc. So I don't get the comparison.
Mr. Stuart, I'd like for you to meet my friend, THE POINT. You guys seem to keep missing eachother...Don't get stuck on the Jeff George comparision, and also don't get stuck on the sacks. He avoids sacks at the cost of INTs. But even that is not the point. The point is, the true winners in this league, the really greats of the game, all have a certain attitude about them. A certain quiet confidence. A leadership quality that allows their teammates to believe that this individual will lead them to victory. This trait is necessary to be a successful qb in this league, which is the disagreement I have with your point that all you need is talent. That is an inherently flawed analysis of the situation at hand, and I gave you some examples of current greats to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I can go a while back in time too to point out some great winning qbs, vs some very talented qbs that never won, and establish a pattern of how the intangible qualities differentiate the talented qbs from teh winners, but I don't really care to. Take what I'm saying for what its worth, or don't at all. Just making my point, which I hope you are now getting, even if you disagree with it...

Chase Stuart said:

Disagree with the bolded.

Chase Stuart said:
VTjkru said:
Chase Stuart said:
I would disagree on the point that QBs can't win or lose... Sunday night Cutler lost, while Rodgers won. Football's a game of inches, right?

the true winners in this league, the really greats of the game, all have a certain attitude about them. A certain quiet confidence. A leadership quality that allows their teammates to believe that this individual will lead them to victory. This trait is necessary to be a successful qb in this league, which is the disagreement I have with your point that all you need is talent.
:lmao: -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.

Chase Stuart said:
I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."

the true winners in this league, the really greats of the game, all have a certain attitude about them. A certain quiet confidence. A leadership quality that allows their teammates to believe that this individual will lead them to victory. This trait is necessary to be a successful qb in this league, which is the disagreement I have with your point that all you need is talent.
:goodposting: -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.
Not as sure about Rivers yet. But while those things might be true about Peyton and Big Ben.When they are in the huddle...they are in control. And if its a late drive...I don't think there is a person in that huddle who does not think those two could pull out the win.Not sure if Cutler has that same feel in the huddle from anyone right now.That said...those 2 earned it by doing it.Took some time for sure for Peyton too. Cutler has a chance...but he has to show he can take control of a game like that and not look like he did Sunday for most of that game.

sho nuff said:
scrumptrulescent said:
DAMAC3 said:
Yup...though, for his best years he found a way to make up for the mistakes by playing very very well.Cutler has yet to show he can overcome his mistakes the way Favre did.
Actually, as a Cutler owner this year, I felt pretty good at the end of the game. I thought Cutler's play in the second half did overcome his nervousness/bad play in the first half.If the Bears D doesn't let Jennings (the one guy you should be worried about) get wide open at the end of the game, the discussion today would be how Cutler did in fact lead them on a drive to win the game. I know he threw that last minute INT, but getting 60+ yards and a TD with 1 minute left and no timeouts isn't done often unless you play against the Bills, in which case, they will hand you the ball in the red zone to make sure you have enough attempts to come back from any deficit.

Cutler played poorly, but anyone that watched the whole game would actually think that if Cutler plays like he did in the second half then he could do very well this year.

:thumbup: -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.
Not as sure about Rivers yet. But while those things might be true about Peyton and Big Ben.When they are in the huddle...they are in control. And if its a late drive...I don't think there is a person in that huddle who does not think those two could pull out the win.Not sure if Cutler has that same feel in the huddle from anyone right now.That said...those 2 earned it by doing it.Took some time for sure for Peyton too. Cutler has a chance...but he has to show he can take control of a game like that and not look like he did Sunday for most of that game.
When was the last time you were in any of those huddles? :goodposting:

I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
The bolded is absolutely perfect.

:D -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.

-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.

-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.
Not as sure about Rivers yet.But while those things might be true about Peyton and Big Ben.

When they are in the huddle...they are in control. And if its a late drive...I don't think there is a person in that huddle who does not think those two could pull out the win.

Not sure if Cutler has that same feel in the huddle from anyone right now.

That said...those 2 earned it by doing it.

Took some time for sure for Peyton too. Cutler has a chance...but he has to show he can take control of a game like that and not look like he did Sunday for most of that game.
Peyton got his SB ring at the age of 30.....and before then he took a ton of grief in FF Forums like this for being a choker and just a stats guy. Cutler deserves a good sized buffer imo.

Chase Stuart said:
sho nuff said:
VTjkru said:
Chase Stuart said:
Not for nothing, but Leinart is currently riding the bench. I think what these coaches are talking about here is leadership. Cutler so far, in the pros, hasn't shown a great propensity for leadership. It's not his greatest quality. Perhaps he will learn something about it, perhaps he won't. Every great QB I can think of had plenty of it.

Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid.
Again, how is this any different from Peyton Manning?
I don't think Manning will ever be confused with a "trust fund kid" (even if he literally perhaps was one), because everyone knows that he works his tail off and that he wants to win as much as anyone.

I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
Except he isnt a trust fund baby at all. From what I have read up on espn when he was drafted is the he comes from a very modest, blue collar family. His father was a statie and laid concrete for 25 years. Jay Cutler worked with his dad laying concrete. Cutler also had to work his A## off to get a scholly for football. Ya he was good, but coming from a small town, he didnt get as much hype as others.Im no Culter apologist, but I honestly think his biggest flaw is being misunderstood. Ya, he's quirky, but he is not at all the person 90% of you think he is.

sho nuff said:
scrumptrulescent said:
DAMAC3 said:
Actually, as a Cutler owner this year, I felt pretty good at the end of the game. I thought Cutler's play in the second half did overcome his nervousness/bad play in the first half.If the Bears D doesn't let Jennings (the one guy you should be worried about) get wide open at the end of the game, the discussion today would be how Cutler did in fact lead them on a drive to win the game. I know he threw that last minute INT, but getting 60+ yards and a TD with 1 minute left and no timeouts isn't done often unless you play against the Bills, in which case, they will hand you the ball in the red zone to make sure you have enough attempts to come back from any deficit.

Cutler played poorly, but anyone that watched the whole game would actually think that if Cutler plays like he did in the second half then he could do very well this year.
Said it before...if if if.If Harris does not get called for the BS penalty that last drive by GB may not be needed.

If Charles Woodson broke up a deep ball for Steve Smith last year...GB could have won that game and Rodgers would have not had the can't win in the 4th quarter...if Crosby could have hit 2 other FGs they could have won 2 more games. Too many ifs.

Fact is..Cutler struggled...and still had a chance (granted...just over a minute and no timeouts) and he was picked again.

I think Cutler is a good QB...but he has yet to show that the good plays can outweigh the mistakes the way Favre had done.

Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid.
Again, how is this any different from Peyton Manning?
I don't think Manning will ever be confused with a "trust fund kid" (even if he literally perhaps was one), because everyone knows that he works his tail off and that he wants to win as much as anyone.
Right. You don't hear rumors about Manning going out boozing the night before games.

Chase Stuart said:
Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays.
The bolded items are directly related to maturity, IMO.
Chase Stuart said:
Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things.
Serious question: was Jeff George "very good at those things" when he was 26?

Except he isnt a trust fund baby at all. From what I have read up on espn when he was drafted is the he comes from a very modest, blue collar family. His father was a statie and laid concrete for 25 years. Jay Cutler worked with his dad laying concrete. Cutler also had to work his A## off to get a scholly for football. Ya he was good, but coming from a small town, he didnt get as much hype as others.Im no Culter apologist, but I honestly think his biggest flaw is being misunderstood. Ya, he's quirky, but he is not at all the person 90% of you think he is.
I don't think anyone was claiming that he really was a trust fund baby. Just that he looks like one.

:popcorn: -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.
When was the last time you were in any of those huddles? :goodposting:
Never...do you disagree?Ever watched how Manning runs the show? Especially at the end?Big Ben?Think those guys don't believe in those 2 given how many times they have done it?Cutler has not yet earned that IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread