What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interesting take on Cutler (2 Viewers)

Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid.
Again, how is this any different from Peyton Manning?
I don't think Manning will ever be confused with a "trust fund kid" (even if he literally perhaps was one), because everyone knows that he works his tail off and that he wants to win as much as anyone.
Right. You don't hear rumors about Manning going out boozing the night before games.
Most rumors are very reliable and obviously true.

I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
The bolded is absolutely perfect.
Except he isnt a trust fund baby at all. From what I have read up on espn when he was drafted is the he comes from a very modest, blue collar family. His father was a statie and laid concrete for 25 years. Jay Cutler worked with his dad laying concrete. Cutler also had to work his A## off to get a scholly for football. Ya he was good, but coming from a small town, he didnt get as much hype as others.Im no Culter apologist, but I honestly think his biggest flaw is being misunderstood. Ya, he's quirky, but he is not at all the person 90% of you think he is.
I don't think anyone was claiming that he really was a trust fund baby. Just that he looks like one.
Well, I hate how Eli looks on the filed too, but somehow he escapes criticism to the tune of Cutler. Culter is very mild mannered and for some reason that is construed (around these parts) as being lazy, disinterested or careless.

It's just not the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Packers/Bears game and I have Cutler on my fantasy team. I don't dislike the guy but he made some throws Sunday that just made me shake my head. Four picks was low. There were at least 2 more that should have been caught, one thrown to the CB and one thrown to a crowd of Packer defenders that just happened to have a Bear hanging around the general vicinity.

The fade to Hester for the TD was nice.

Martz and Jim Mora Sr. made pointed remarks about Cutler's postgame press conference Sunday night at Lambeau Field after he threw a career-high four interceptions in a 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers. The Bears were 0-for-3 in the red zone and spoiled an all-around defensive effort. Cutler strung together a series of cliches and said miscommunications were partly to blame for the turnovers.
Hahahaha. Mike Martz. Martz was a "great" coach when he had 4+ hall of famers in their prime on his offense, without them hes been a massive bust. Its hilarious to hear a guy like that- who has basically succeeded thanks to some of the most talented players in the game- say there is more to winning than talent- while hes been a loser when he doesn't have overwhelming talent. Jim Mora and Dungy have a lot more credibility but Martz is hilarious.

Chase Stuart said:
Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time.

He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I noticed you didn't say make good decisions... Freudian slip?

Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid.
I don't think Manning will ever be confused with a "trust fund kid" (even if he literally perhaps was one), because everyone knows that he works his tail off and that he wants to win as much as anyone.
Right. You don't hear rumors about Manning going out boozing the night before games.
Yes, I heard that somewhere before, and therefore believe it.

the true winners in this league, the really greats of the game, all have a certain attitude about them. A certain quiet confidence. A leadership quality that allows their teammates to believe that this individual will lead them to victory. This trait is necessary to be a successful qb in this league, which is the disagreement I have with your point that all you need is talent.
:lmao: -Peyton Scowls at everyone during games. His attitude stinks most the time and he's the king of negative.-Rivers is an idiot that likes to taunt the other team. Just drew a 15 yarder last night for taunting.-Big Ben has been called lazy by his own teammates and definitely has ??? about his decisions off the field.
Not as sure about Rivers yet. But while those things might be true about Peyton and Big Ben.When they are in the huddle...they are in control. And if its a late drive...I don't think there is a person in that huddle who does not think those two could pull out the win.Not sure if Cutler has that same feel in the huddle from anyone right now.That said...those 2 earned it by doing it.Took some time for sure for Peyton too. Cutler has a chance...but he has to show he can take control of a game like that and not look like he did Sunday for most of that game.
When was the last time you were in any of those huddles? :lmao:
Never...do you disagree?Ever watched how Manning runs the show? Especially at the end?Big Ben?Think those guys don't believe in those 2 given how many times they have done it?Cutler has not yet earned that IMO.
So because Ben and Peyton LOOK more convincing in the huddle to YOU, this means they care more? (im not trying to compare Cutler to either one of these guys, but only in the context of their facial and body movement in the huddle as you suggest)Please list the names of players that have played with Cutler that have gone on the record as saying they do not respect or "believe in" Cutler? I am really interested in this.

Cutler is 26 years old, has type 1 diabetes and apparently likes to drink a little too much. If he keeps the drinking habits up, I doubt he makes it more than about 5 more years in the NFL. He better get it figured out quick.

Yes, I heard that somewhere before, and therefore believe it.
I must have missed something somewhere along the line, but are you comparing Cutler's dedication to his team and his craft to that of Peyton Manning?

It is interesting that guys who have actually played with and know Cutler have great things to say about him:

Champ Bailey

``Well he’s definitely in the top 10 as far as what he’s done to this point,'' Bailey said. ``Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff you’d want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and he’s going to be a great winner for them. It’s unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we’ve got to move on, we’ve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we’ve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

Bailey was asked if he ever questioned Cutler as a leader.

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``That’s one thing about him, he’s not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows we’ve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, I’d rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....jay-cutler.htmlJohn Lynch

He praised Cutler for his maturity over the last few seasons and said that he has no doubt the 26-year old out of Vanderbilt will continue to grow into one of the best QBs in the NFL. He labeled Cutler as a ‘once-every-15-year-type-talent’ and that the sky is the limit in terms of his potential
http://www.theherdsword.com/2009/07/20/joh...ses-jay-cutler/Yea, Cutler could use a little coaching in front of the press, big deal his teammates all seem to like him.

It is hilarious to hear people bash him for winning 50% of the time, typically it is San Diego or UT fans. Take a look at what he started with at Vanderbilt and how much better they were with him and how good Cutler was when Denver actually played D (12-1 when holding opponents under 21 pts).

I think Cutler has maturing to do, but he doesn't play defense and he didn't let Jennings blow past him. If that hadn't happened, would we be having this conversation?

On the road in Green Bay isn't an easy place to play. I think there's a good chance that's his worst game of the season. But he doesn't look like he's in very good shape, that's for sure. The head shot stat comparisons between him and Rodgers looked like a before/after Nutrisystem commercial.

It is interesting that guys who have actually played with and know Cutler have great things to say about him:

Champ Bailey

``Well he’s definitely in the top 10 as far as what he’s done to this point,'' Bailey said. ``Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff you’d want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and he’s going to be a great winner for them. It’s unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we’ve got to move on, we’ve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we’ve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

Bailey was asked if he ever questioned Cutler as a leader.

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``That’s one thing about him, he’s not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows we’ve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, I’d rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....jay-cutler.htmlJohn Lynch

He praised Cutler for his maturity over the last few seasons and said that he has no doubt the 26-year old out of Vanderbilt will continue to grow into one of the best QBs in the NFL. He labeled Cutler as a ‘once-every-15-year-type-talent’ and that the sky is the limit in terms of his potential
http://www.theherdsword.com/2009/07/20/joh...ses-jay-cutler/Yea, Cutler could use a little coaching in front of the press, big deal his teammates all seem to like him.

It is hilarious to hear people bash him for winning 50% of the time, typically it is San Diego or UT fans. Take a look at what he started with at Vanderbilt and how much better they were with him and how good Cutler was when Denver actually played D (12-1 when holding opponents under 21 pts).
:lol: :P It is hysterical. He was treated like crap in Denver when Shanny was rushed out of there and since he wanted out too, he is now the whipping boy for the "real housewives of the shark pool."

So because Ben and Peyton LOOK more convincing in the huddle to YOU, this means they care more? (im not trying to compare Cutler to either one of these guys, but only in the context of their facial and body movement in the huddle as you suggest)Please list the names of players that have played with Cutler that have gone on the record as saying they do not respect or "believe in" Cutler? I am really interested in this.
Where did I say it means they "care more"?Im saying the others command more respect in the huddle and their teammates believe in them more at the end of the game...they have proven they can do it.Cutler still has to prove he can do it.Its my opinion. Disagree with it...fine...but don't make up stuff about caring more in order to keep up and argument.As for teammates going on the record...do you really think any teammate is going on the record to say they don't believe in their QB? :lol:

I don't think anyone is denying Cutler has talent, the question is whether the guy has poise. If you can't control yourself in a press conference, or by your locker, or during a miscommunication with a teammate on a play, how are you going to have the poise to lead a team? The NFL is littered with guys who had talent but were either too stupid, lazy, or arrogant to maximize that talent. There is a reason there are guys like Charles Rogers and Mike Willaims sitting at home while the Driver's and Colston's of the world can produce as 7th round picks. Michael Crabtree is the latest example. I think Cutler has talent, but at the NFL level eveyone does. It's a business, which means there are coaches, scouts, and GM's jobs on the line. At this point, it doesn't seem like there are many people who want to put their careers on the back of Cutler. He is still young and can turn it around, but the guy is a polarizing force. I know I wouldn't want to have to root for him every week. I thought Simmons had some funny things to say about him:

"Chicago fans have been wondering why I dumped them and adopted the Packers as my NFC North team and Super Bowl pick du jour. It came down to one thing: I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."
Except he isnt a trust fund baby at all. From what I have read up on espn when he was drafted is the he comes from a very modest, blue collar family. His father was a statie and laid concrete for 25 years. Jay Cutler worked with his dad laying concrete. Cutler also had to work his A## off to get a scholly for football. Ya he was good, but coming from a small town, he didnt get as much hype as others.Im no Culter apologist, but I honestly think his biggest flaw is being misunderstood. Ya, he's quirky, but he is not at all the person 90% of you think he is.
I don't think anyone was claiming that he really was a trust fund baby. Just that he looks like one.
Well, I hate how Eli looks on the filed too, but somehow he escapes criticism to the tune of Cutler. Culter is very mild mannered and for some reason that is construed (around these parts) as being lazy, disinterested or careless.

It's just not the truth.
I think Eli Manning took plenty of criticism earlier in his career, but when he won the Super Bowl, it more or less silenced his critics. The same will happen for Cutler if he goes on to win a Super Bowl.

I do think it is kind of funny that in the off-season the mantra was Orton won because the Bears had a great D, and Cutler lost because of Denver's D.

Now, one game in - and the Cutler folks are sticking with the same argument. Orton won because of a fluke and good D, and Cutler lost because the Bears did not play well enough on defense.

I guess Cutler is right - its never his fault.

:goodposting:

Where did I say it means they "care more"?Im saying the others command more respect in the huddle and their teammates believe in them more at the end of the game...they have proven they can do it.Cutler still has to prove he can do it.Its my opinion. Disagree with it...fine...but don't make up stuff about caring more in order to keep up and argument.As for teammates going on the record...do you really think any teammate is going on the record to say they don't believe in their QB? :goodposting:
Ok fine. You still haven't proven anything. Yes I have seen both those guys in the huddle. How can you definitively prove that their actions demand more respect than what Cutler is doing? Please tell me.And yes, I have seen players go on the rcord about their teammates when they dont agree with one another. You are the one saying he doesnt commend respect. Therefore, I want you to back it up with some sound proof. other than just "your gut feeling" which is all you have given so far.

Huh, that's basically what I thought watching Sanchez this week - and he's now a media darling.Anyone remember some of Marino's antics? Fouts? They had pretty good success as QBs and weren't exactly exemplary in their demeanor.

Cutler's apparently a jerk. :goodposting: Doesn't mean he can't be a quality QB. In fact I think being a bit of a jerk is part of the make up of a quality QB in an arrogant kind of way. People just perceive it differently depending on whether you're successful or not.

I think Eli Manning took plenty of criticism earlier in his career, but when he won the Super Bowl, it more or less silenced his critics. The same will happen for Cutler if he goes on to win a Super Bowl.
:goodposting: And so we've come to the ending of the thread. Nothing more needs to be said.

Unfortunately as the adage goes, "Pereption is reality". If your not an #######, don't act like one.

I watched excerpts and he seemed to be trying NOT to throw his team mates under a bus. To paraphrase, "there was some miscommunication but I can't put them in that position".

Chase Stuart said:
Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays.
The bolded items are directly related to maturity, IMO.
Chase Stuart said:
Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things.
Serious question: was Jeff George "very good at those things" when he was 26?
No. George was a bad QB at 23, 24 and 25. He did start to turn his career around after that, and had a good year with three teams after the Colts.

Hedgehog said:
Let's see....lots of Talent - checkhuge arm - checknever won anything - checkacts like a prima donna baby - checkAre you sure we are not talking about Jeff George?
There's the comparison I would make.

Substitute Grossman's name for Cutler's on the stat line and see what Bear's fans would be yelling right now.

Substitute Grossman's name for Cutler's on the stat line and see what Bear's fans would be yelling right now.
Are you saying that Bears fans love Cutler so much that we are willing to look past bad performances?. I think your seriously misguided if you think that. Rex Grossman was well liked until he started having collosal meltdowns from time to time. Cutler is well liked because he is instantly the best QB we have had in our history.If Cutler pulls Grossman like stats on a regular basis you bet Bears fans are going to be on him.

Where did I say it means they "care more"?Im saying the others command more respect in the huddle and their teammates believe in them more at the end of the game...they have proven they can do it.Cutler still has to prove he can do it.Its my opinion. Disagree with it...fine...but don't make up stuff about caring more in order to keep up and argument.As for teammates going on the record...do you really think any teammate is going on the record to say they don't believe in their QB? :moneybag:
Ok fine. You still haven't proven anything. Yes I have seen both those guys in the huddle. How can you definitively prove that their actions demand more respect than what Cutler is doing? Please tell me.And yes, I have seen players go on the rcord about their teammates when they dont agree with one another. You are the one saying he doesnt commend respect. Therefore, I want you to back it up with some sound proof. other than just "your gut feeling" which is all you have given so far.
How can I prove it? I can't. Its opinion. I can say their results have warranted my opinion and further to the point where I stated Cutler still needs to show he can do such things.Go back and read what I first posted...rather than continuing the spin.My point remains...when Big Ben and Peyton get into that huddle late in a game...their teammates know they are in it and have a great chance to go down and score.I don't think Cutler has proven that to anyone yet. He has time. Not saying he can never do it. Rodgers is in the same boat...proved a bit this past Sunday too.But just stop the nitpicking.If you don't agree...fine...but stop the nitpicking over me not being in the huddle and so on.

Are you saying that Bears fans love Cutler so much that we are willing to look past bad performances?. I think your seriously misguided if you think that. Rex Grossman was well liked until he started having collosal meltdowns from time to time. Cutler is well liked because he is instantly the best QB we have had in our history.If Cutler pulls Grossman like stats on a regular basis you bet Bears fans are going to be on him.
Oh, I know they'll be on him if this continues. Cutler didn't exactly take care of the ball in Denver, you know. 2nd in ints. And, yeah, Bears fans will look past his bad performances, at least for a couple of seasons. Everytime Cutler flung the ball over the middle while falling backwards in that last game, I was like "what are you doing, man!".

Where did I say it means they "care more"?Im saying the others command more respect in the huddle and their teammates believe in them more at the end of the game...they have proven they can do it.Cutler still has to prove he can do it.Its my opinion. Disagree with it...fine...but don't make up stuff about caring more in order to keep up and argument.As for teammates going on the record...do you really think any teammate is going on the record to say they don't believe in their QB? :popcorn:
How can I prove it? I can't. Its opinion. I can say their results have warranted my opinion and further to the point where I stated Cutler still needs to show he can do such things.Go back and read what I first posted...rather than continuing the spin.My point remains...when Big Ben and Peyton get into that huddle late in a game...their teammates know they are in it and have a great chance to go down and score.I don't think Cutler has proven that to anyone yet. He has time. Not saying he can never do it. Rodgers is in the same boat...proved a bit this past Sunday too.But just stop the nitpicking.If you don't agree...fine...but stop the nitpicking over me not being in the huddle and so on.
I'm not nitpicking. You originally stated:"When they (Manning and Ben) are in the huddle...they are in control. And if its a late drive...I don't think there is a person in that huddle who does not think those two could pull out the win. Not sure if Cutler has that same feel in the huddle from anyone right now"I asked you for some information as to why you think that way. There is no spin. Just because you might not like the way he looks or acts or speaks to the media doesnt mean he doesn't have that "same feel in the huddle" as you so eloquently put it. I have only ever heard good things from Cutlers teammates, so I just have no idea why anyone would have a lack of confidence in him.to end this debate, I do agree with some of what you are saying. I just have a really hard time when people judge players based on things they clearly know nothing about. Not saying you dont know your stuff, but as I alluded to earlier, you have never been in the huddle and there is no chatter that Cutler is anything different than other QB;s in the huddle.

Are you saying that Bears fans love Cutler so much that we are willing to look past bad performances?. I think your seriously misguided if you think that. Rex Grossman was well liked until he started having collosal meltdowns from time to time. Cutler is well liked because he is instantly the best QB we have had in our history.

If Cutler pulls Grossman like stats on a regular basis you bet Bears fans are going to be on him.
Oh, I know they'll be on him if this continues. Cutler didn't exactly take care of the ball in Denver, you know. 2nd in ints. And, yeah, Bears fans will look past his bad performances, at least for a couple of seasons. Everytime Cutler flung the ball over the middle while falling backwards in that last game, I was like "what are you doing, man!".
I'm right there with you, but I think Cutler is still developing, at some point he will start to realize he cant throw the ball through defenders. Manning and Aikman weren't exactly lighting things up the first couple of years as starters either INT's

18,18,10 in his first 3 seasons for Aikman

28,15,15,23 Peytons first 4 seasons

Just saying

how good Cutler was when Denver actually played D (12-1 when holding opponents under 21 pts).
I think this is something of a misleading stat as it kind of implies that Denver probably lost a lot of shootouts along the way, and that isn't really the case; in Cutler's 17 losses over the last two years as Denver's full time starter, the team has put up the following point totals:14, 20, 3, 13, 7, 34, 20, 13, 3, 19, 17, 7, 17, 10, 10, 23, 21That's an average of just under 15 points a game. Notice that in only two of those 17 losses did they score more than 21 points in the game. By contrast they also had two losses where they scored 3 points and two losses where they scored 7 points. Which means in their losses the offense was just as likely to have only scored a field goal, and twice as likely to have scored in single digits, as they were to have scored more than 21 points.

That is a very interesting take. It's almost as if it's different from the take in the past 20 threads started about Cutler.

sho nuff said:
VTjkru said:
Chase Stuart said:
Cutler may be immature, and he may look like he doesn't, but you don't need to do any of those things to be a great NFL quarterback. To be a great quarterback, you need to be accurate, have a strong arm, and make decisions. You need to complete passes, avoid sacks, throw for touchdowns, avoid turnovers, and make big plays. Compared to most QBs, Cutler's very good at those things, and compared to most 26-year-old QBs, Cutler's great at those things. He had an awful opening day, and a horrific first start with his new team. Those sorts of things happen, sometimes. Great QBs play bad games all the time. He's not a media darling, so we'll get these stories all the time. But 2/3 of GMs would rather have Cutler than their current QB.
Dont forget they need to win.
And so far in his career...college and pro...he is about 50% there...just under it actually.
Correction: Pros he's a little under 50%College he was 11 wins and 34 losses, 24%Not debating on how bad a team he was on, just correcting the statline above.

The difference is Peyton has won. Favre has won. Until Jay Cutler actually wins something meaningful he hasn't earned the right to come off as "cocky" in his pressers. It really makes him look bad and I'm sure his new teammates don't appreciate his demeanor. He had the same problems in Denver and now the issues are showing up in Chicago. Where there's smoke there's fire. I'm no Martz fan, but he's exactly right. Cutler doesn't get it.

The difference is Peyton has won. Favre has won. Until Jay Cutler actually wins something meaningful he hasn't earned the right to come off as "cocky" in his pressers. It really makes him look bad and I'm sure his new teammates don't appreciate his demeanor. He had the same problems in Denver and now the issues are showing up in Chicago. Where there's smoke there's fire. I'm no Martz fan, but he's exactly right. Cutler doesn't get it.
I doubt he cares whether you think he's earned the right to do anything. Bears mortgaged their future to get him which tells me he's earned something. What issues are showing up in Chicago? He's played one game so far, and people in here are freaking out about his demeanor. This is ridiculous.Martz has never "gotten it" a single day in his life. Living in Michigan I've seen him at work up close. The man is a complete fool.

My point remains...when Big Ben and Peyton get into that huddle late in a game...their teammates know they are in it and have a great chance to go down and score.I don't think Cutler has proven that to anyone yet. He has time. Not saying he can never do it. Rodgers is in the same boat...proved a bit this past Sunday too.
Hasn't Cutler led quite a few 4th quarter game winning or tying drives in Denver? I don't have a link but I was pretty sure Cutler was one of the leaders in that category last year.Bronco fans?

I doubt he cares whether you think he's earned the right to do anything. Bears mortgaged their future to get him which tells me he's earned something. What issues are showing up in Chicago? He's played one game so far, and people in here are freaking out about his demeanor. This is ridiculous.

Martz has never "gotten it" a single day in his life. Living in Michigan I've seen him at work up close. The man is a complete fool.
He's gotten a Super Bowl ring leading one of the most potent offensive attacks in NFL history.

chicago sports radio (670 the score I think) refers to this as his "jerk face".

how good Cutler was when Denver actually played D (12-1 when holding opponents under 21 pts).
I think this is something of a misleading stat as it kind of implies that Denver probably lost a lot of shootouts along the way, and that isn't really the case; in Cutler's 17 losses over the last two years as Denver's full time starter, the team has put up the following point totals:14, 20, 3, 13, 7, 34, 20, 13, 3, 19, 17, 7, 17, 10, 10, 23, 21That's an average of just under 15 points a game. Notice that in only two of those 17 losses did they score more than 21 points in the game. By contrast they also had two losses where they scored 3 points and two losses where they scored 7 points. Which means in their losses the offense was just as likely to have only scored a field goal, and twice as likely to have scored in single digits, as they were to have scored more than 21 points.
Yes, the stat means little. If your opponent scores less than 21, you usually win. NFL teams were 8-4 in week 1 when their opponent scored less than 21.

Martz has never "gotten it" a single day in his life. Living in Michigan I've seen him at work up close. The man is a complete fool.
A complete fool who won a Super Bowl as an OC, and took another team to the SB as a head coach? 56-36 in 5 seasons as a HC. Yea he must be a complete fool.. :jawdrop:

chicago sports radio (670 the score I think) refers to this as his "jerk face".
let me guess...........bores and bernstein?

He's gotten a Super Bowl ring leading one of the most potent offensive attacks in NFL history.
As someone else before mentioned....Kurt WarnerMarshall FaulkIsaac BruceTorry Holtetc.
Right. But he still coached them to one of the best single seasons in NFL history. His offensive approach was very innovative at the time. I'll stop here as this is obviously not the point of the thread.

A complete fool who won a Super Bowl as an OC, and took another team to the SB as a head coach? 56-36 in 5 seasons as a HC. Yea he must be a complete fool.. :jawdrop:
So what.........Green Bay made it to the playoffs and had a 56-39 record from 2000-2005 with Mike "The Pear Shaped Loser" Sherman as his HC. What's your point?

can someone please explain to me why so many people have a hard on for this guy? he has accomplished nothing in his career. i dont care how strong his arm is, theres a whole lot more to playing the position than arm strength. its definitely no more than 10% of playing qb. the guy went out and racked up a 86 passer rating with that great o line, eddie royal and brandon marshall. sure thats not bad, but it sure as hell isnt good. theres plenty of guys id rather have lead my team, and id be willing to say he isnt in the top 15

As someone else before mentioned....Kurt WarnerMarshall FaulkIsaac BruceTorry Holtetc.
What does the talent he had have to do with anything? Loaded teams in sports don't always win it all. Someone has to put it all together.
Again, let me remind you of Mike Sherman....Green Bay HC from 2000-2005. He "put together" a very good 56-39 record. He must be an awesome coach! :jawdrop:

can someone please explain to me why so many people have a hard on for this guy? he has accomplished nothing in his career. i dont care how strong his arm is, theres a whole lot more to playing the position than arm strength. its definitely no more than 10% of playing qb. the guy went out and racked up a 86 passer rating with that great o line, eddie royal and brandon marshall. sure thats not bad, but it sure as hell isnt good. theres plenty of guys id rather have lead my team, and id be willing to say he isnt in the top 15
Names please.

My point remains...when Big Ben and Peyton get into that huddle late in a game...their teammates know they are in it and have a great chance to go down and score.I don't think Cutler has proven that to anyone yet. He has time. Not saying he can never do it. Rodgers is in the same boat...proved a bit this past Sunday too.
Hasn't Cutler led quite a few 4th quarter game winning or tying drives in Denver? I don't have a link but I was pretty sure Cutler was one of the leaders in that category last year.Bronco fans?
Has led some...not with his current team...not to the extent of Manning and Ben...and not led anyone to the playoffs.

In all honesty, I think he has all the physical tools you want in a QB. Literally all of them. The problem is, he hasn't been able to put it all together, for whatever reason. The physical talent is there. If he can check his emotions and get a better mental grasp of the game, he may end up one of the greats. That is why he gets a longer leash than Rex Grossman and that is why some Bronco fans are still a little bitter about him leaving Denver.

Users who are viewing this thread