What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W4 - Green Bay v Minnesota (2 Viewers)

So how many penalties on the Vikings? On the Packers?
I'm no Packer fan, but this officiating has been pretty awful against them. 2 Horrible PI calls now and the officials missed 2 obvious holds by Minn players.
Exactly. It's not just the PI call. Many, many missed and blown calls, and all against us. It's hard enough to win on the road, but when you have to overcome that too it's awfully hard.
Yeah that fumble and INT isn't anything to overcome. It's all the refs.
Look, I could care less who wins this game. I'm just a guy sitting at home trying to enjoy a game where I have nothing on the line (rare with all the fantasy leagues I'm in). It simply takes some of the luster off what is otherwise a great game so far. Refs are making an impact in this one and thats never a good thing.

So far...too damn sloppy by GB...they are lucky its this close.

Bad terrible penalties...just bad discipline.

At least the first 2 sacks are all on Rodgers...Oline gave him plenty of time to at least get rid of it.

I am shocked they did not call Peterson's forward progress stopped on the fumble.

Favre is picking apart the zone...if GB is not going to blitz or get there...they better quick leaving guys wide freaking open. Even as well as he is playing...the gushing is over the top about how great the throws are to wide open guys. The one over the corner and in front of the safety that Gruden claimed not many QBs could make. Not that its not a tough throw...I think most NFL QBs should be able to make that throw. its pretty much a standard throw to beat that defense.

But we knew the gushing would be over the top...and so far...Favre has delivered...though, id love it if there was no offsides and Woodson did not get called there...that was a heck of a catch for the near INT.

Im staying outta this thread for the most part. Im trying hard not to get banned. LOL

This is gonna be an absolute thriller !!!

GO VIKINGS !!!!!!

So how many penalties on the Vikings? On the Packers?
I'm no Packer fan, but this officiating has been pretty awful against them. 2 Horrible PI calls now and the officials missed 2 obvious holds by Minn players.
Exactly. It's not just the PI call. Many, many missed and blown calls, and all against us. It's hard enough to win on the road, but when you have to overcome that too it's awfully hard.
Yeah that fumble and INT isn't anything to overcome. It's all the refs.
Dude, I'm not saying it's all the refs. I normally don't whine about the officiating because normally it evens out, but 7 on the Pack and not ONE on the Vikes? It's tough as hell to win a road game, but when the officiating is that poor it's like you're playing against two teams.

So far...too damn sloppy by GB...they are lucky its this close.Bad terrible penalties...just bad discipline.At least the first 2 sacks are all on Rodgers...Oline gave him plenty of time to at least get rid of it.I am shocked they did not call Peterson's forward progress stopped on the fumble.Favre is picking apart the zone...if GB is not going to blitz or get there...they better quick leaving guys wide freaking open. Even as well as he is playing...the gushing is over the top about how great the throws are to wide open guys. The one over the corner and in front of the safety that Gruden claimed not many QBs could make. Not that its not a tough throw...I think most NFL QBs should be able to make that throw. its pretty much a standard throw to beat that defense. But we knew the gushing would be over the top...and so far...Favre has delivered...though, id love it if there was no offsides and Woodson did not get called there...that was a heck of a catch for the near INT.
So you agree that TT sucks?

Calling plays around the endzone to try to pad Favre's stats in this one...
:loco: :rolleyes:
Its the truth. Twice down inside the 3 they called play action.It about burned them once.
It isn't the truth. You're pathetic if you really think they are calling plays to pad Favre's stats. Please go away, sho. You're terrible.
:thumbdown: Once again sho shows up to pollute a thread that involves Favre.

Amazed 2nd half wagers were a Pick...granted juice (-125) favored a MIN bet, but I've seen nothing that indicates GB can move the ball consistently. MIN has had no trouble as of yet.

I can't believe that this is the 2nd night in a row that players are allowed to stop a guy and basically hold him incapable of moving, but don't allow him to fall down, so that somebody can strip the ball from him and run the other way. The Chargers did the same thing to the Steelers last night.

I think this is a stretching of the rules. If a guy can't move, the play needs to be whistled dead.

Again, I don't quite understand the lack of running attempts and/or short screen passes by GB. Grant had a few decent runs in the first quarter and Kuhn had a decent 5 yard pick up as well. The screen to Grant also looked to work well - Gruden commented on doing more of it to counter the pass rush. I know the Minn D is tough on the run, but, like last year, it seems way too early to give up on it. This is still a close game.

Couple things from an east coast guy:

1) Seems like Pack fans are looking for the reasons why they lost this game.....but it's only halftime and they are still in this game. Couple stops here on defense and you are in control

2) Does someone ALWAYS carry Favre's helmet to the locker room at halftime??

Lot of whiny #####es in this thread.
Seriously.If it's so unfun watching this game and it's horrible officiating and over Farvenish, then people probably better turn it off. It's really for the best.s
If it's so unfun reading this thread because of the same types of stuff that goes on in every MNF thread, then people probably better turn it off. It's really for the best.s

I can't believe that this is the 2nd night in a row that players are allowed to stop a guy and basically hold him incapable of moving, but don't allow him to fall down, so that somebody can strip the ball from him and run the other way. The Chargers did the same thing to the Steelers last night. I think this is a stretching of the rules. If a guy can't move, the play needs to be whistled dead.
In both cases the guy in question was still moving.

Calling plays around the endzone to try to pad Favre's stats in this one...
:rolleyes: :lmao:
Its the truth. Twice down inside the 3 they called play action.It about burned them once.
It isn't the truth. You're pathetic if you really think they are calling plays to pad Favre's stats. Please go away, sho. You're terrible.
;) Once again sho shows up to pollute a thread that involves Favre.
That is like blaming one guy for driving his SUV for the pollution of a whole city.

Brilliant insight by Childress. Go figure the 2 scores are on plays you have given up. Super Bowl for this guy all the way.

I can't believe that this is the 2nd night in a row that players are allowed to stop a guy and basically hold him incapable of moving, but don't allow him to fall down, so that somebody can strip the ball from him and run the other way. The Chargers did the same thing to the Steelers last night. I think this is a stretching of the rules. If a guy can't move, the play needs to be whistled dead.
In both cases the guy in question was still moving.
He's still moving because his tacklers are deliberately not trying to bring him down. Instead, they're simply trying to hold him in place while one guy tries to take the ball away. I'm not sure what the RB is supposed to do in that situation- is he supposed to go limp? Of course he's going to struggle. But I think the play should be whistled dead.

I wont say he is being "shut down" but they are doing a good job of containing ADP....

of course I probably just jinxed him.

Users who are viewing this thread