What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (2 Viewers)

1360AM off the air Jan.1

Looks like BDH and his gang will be Internet only for 2010. No matter what he says, that has got to be a kick in the nuts to him. What happen to Hunter being syndicated through Rick Dees or something? I blame it on Greggo.

Thank god the Nestor thing is over.Uni->OHHAI2U Lunch?
:goodposting:Why is the Nestor thing over? That's no fun.Lunch sounds good. Sometime this week?
NFL said any contact between the two stations would result in a permaban for both of them.There are some rumors that WSNT is basically out of money and is going to shut down very soon anyways. Nestor himself is off the air after this week ostensibly to try to find another job in the market.

Listening to the Musers interview of Joe Montana right now and Joe is boooorrringggg. :confused:

By contrast BaD radio's interview with Bobby Hebert yesterday was gold. He was funny and insightful. Seems like he would be a fun guy to hang with.

Having to hit the interview circuit like that has to be a real beating
Funny thing was that Montana called in. He wasn't even in Miami. I tuned out near the end but he said something about his plane will not be landing (assuming in MIami) until somewhere near the end of the first quarter. Joe was a dolt - I'm just sayin...

Funny thing was that Montana called in. He wasn't even in Miami. I tuned out near the end but he said something about his plane will not be landing (assuming in MIami) until somewhere near the end of the first quarter. Joe was a dolt - I'm just sayin...
Actually he said his plane would be landing FROM Miami in the middle of the 1st quarter.

Actually he said his plane would be landing FROM Miami in the middle of the 1st quarter.
Even better...I guess I feel for the musers because that interview was pretty bad and they were really kissing his ###.

Seriously. Good music on Dallas airwaves... :shock: I like it so much I'm now a KXT supporter or sponsor or whatever it's called.
They still lose me periodically when they go on a world music or yee-haw kick.
Me too. And some of the low-key hosts still make me giggle. Love the "UnderCurrents" ad they roll during drive-time. Really makes me want to... you know, sit back and roll a joint while he takes me on a deep musical journey man. :cool:

Seriously. Good music on Dallas airwaves... :shock: I like it so much I'm now a KXT supporter or sponsor or whatever it's called.
Me too. And some of the low-key hosts still make me giggle. Love the "UnderCurrents" ad they roll during drive-time. Really makes me want to... you know, sit back and roll a joint while he takes me on a deep musical journey man. :cool:
The hosts are greatness! My wife cracks up when I do my "Under Currents" guy (and, really, all of their DJs) impression.

The hosts are greatness! My wife cracks up when I do my "Under Currents" guy (and, really, all of their DJs) impression.
:thumbup: Have you worked Gregg McVicar's special message into your routine?"North Texas, you're giving birth..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Old news, probably.

Playmaker is out at ESPN and likely NFL Net

Newest 103.3 lambs to the slaughter... Ben & Skin
I turned over there to see how tense it was today. Got a giggle out of hearing them back on the air breaking down the finer points of the 11th and 12th man off the bench for the mavs.

This have to do with the rape allegation?
doubtful. This was probably the plan all along. Irvin when football is not running is just horrific. His ratings are semi-ok when football was going on. They probably put BNS on this week to give them a little boost to transition the brothers to the new guys talking hoops.

Personally don't mind Ben and Skin. Anything is better than Irvin especially when the Big Fella was on the show with him. Neither of them made any sense.

I've quit listening to ESPN. They suffer from having too many effing people on at one time. I can't stand Galloway's show anymore because Galloway is hardly on it. Mosley and Dennis come off as wannabe Bayless'es

I hope the Ticket understands what kind of gold they found in Bob Sturm. In the last 2 years he has really (IMO) become the backbone at that station.

I've quit listening to ESPN. They suffer from having too many effing people on at one time. I can't stand Galloway's show anymore because Galloway is hardly on it. Mosley and Dennis come off as wannabe Bayless'esI hope the Ticket understands what kind of gold they found in Bob Sturm. In the last 2 years he has really (IMO) become the backbone at that station.
Truly agree. But it is too bad that Sturm is teamed with Dan. Dan is more the yuck monkey that Donovan is.Dan really knows very little about sports and just spends his time trying to be clever and sarcastic. Maybe it works but I think Sturm has to be internally rolling his eyes at Dan.

Truly agree. But it is too bad that Sturm is teamed with Dan. Dan is more the yuck monkey that Donovan is.Dan really knows very little about sports and just spends his time trying to be clever and sarcastic. Maybe it works but I think Sturm has to be internally rolling his eyes at Dan.
:kicksrock: Dan makes that show unlistenable for me.Not only does he know very little about sports, but he knows very little about anything at all. It's like listening to a 40 year old speak with the knowledge of a 9 year old, but I guess there must be a market for that.

:yawn: Dan makes that show unlistenable for me.Not only does he know very little about sports, but he knows very little about anything at all. It's like listening to a 40 year old speak with the knowledge of a 9 year old, but I guess there must be a market for that.
I find it somewhat interesting that they cut Donovan's air time from 15/hour to closer to 6/hour quietly over the past 6 months. Of all the on-air talent he has the least air by an order of magnitude now. Basick has more air than Donvan at this point.Dan doesn't bother me that much. I think he sort of gets on Bob for sometimes going too much by his charts and graphs.

:lmao: Dan makes that show unlistenable for me.Not only does he know very little about sports, but he knows very little about anything at all. It's like listening to a 40 year old speak with the knowledge of a 9 year old, but I guess there must be a market for that.
I find it somewhat interesting that they cut Donovan's air time from 15/hour to closer to 6/hour quietly over the past 6 months. Of all the on-air talent he has the least air by an order of magnitude now. Basick has more air than Donvan at this point.Dan doesn't bother me that much. I think he sort of gets on Bob for sometimes going too much by his charts and graphs.
Had not noticed this about Donovan (usually have my meetings during the midday hours) but it is good insight. I have always felt that they push Donovan a little too much. His schtick is more for music radio than sports radio. And his pairing with Norm for the post game show is awkward to listen to sometimes. Not to say I don't like Donovan but just seems like an odd fit for the Ticket. The one thing that is a little funny is giving Donovan older predominantly white bread movies to watch and report on - it's a giggle now and then.

Greggo now has a show on 97.1 . I have no details at all on this.
I'm guessing the moratorium on Greggo drops ended some time ago, too, judging by what Grubes is dealing out these days during e-news.
This "show" is some Saturday morning filler thing apparently.
How does he keep getting jobs?I like greggo and am a fan, but the guy is like a cat.
The only thing I bet he's even been paid more than expenses was his stint on ESPN.

I listend to The Ticket online via their website from work and it seems whenever I go the Ticket's website it seems like loads slower than any other website on earth. Do any of you experience this? Whenver the page tries to load, it comes in slowly starting with the pics of the members of the show that is currently on and then everything else eventually catches up. IT takes up to 10 seconds sometimes. If so, do you have any idea why this happens?

I guess it could be that they are "Cumulus the Power of Radio" and not Cumulus the Power of the Internets.

Users who are viewing this thread