What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

I'd say even further back than that. Hurley's always been the anchor, the fat guy in a cast of impossibly good-looking people, the "normal" guy who keeps the whole thing grounded. It goes back even to the golf game in Season One, which I think he organized, yes?
To be honest you sound like the really ugly guy who was also very sensitive about his looks and forever jealous of beautiful people. I'm really not trying to start an argument, I'm just being brutally honest. Carry on.
Not only did you totally nail it, but your comment was totally relevant to the thread.
Yah well in my entire life, I've never heard one physically attractive person discuss the ugly guy as the "normal" one in relation to everyone else being "too attractive."
I agree with Funke..............and I'm beautiful.

I'd say even further back than that. Hurley's always been the anchor, the fat guy in a cast of impossibly good-looking people, the "normal" guy who keeps the whole thing grounded. It goes back even to the golf game in Season One, which I think he organized, yes?
To be honest you sound like the really ugly guy who was also very sensitive about his looks and forever jealous of beautiful people. I'm really not trying to start an argument, I'm just being brutally honest. Carry on.
Not only did you totally nail it, but your comment was totally relevant to the thread.
Yah well in my entire life, I've never heard one physically attractive person discuss the ugly guy as the "normal" one in relation to everyone else being "too attractive."
Haven't seen the episode yet but I know Beej needs to get back on his meds, quick. Don't worry, Beej, you'll feel much better after popping your pills. Good boy, Beej, good boy.Again, I have not seen last nights episode yet but the stories and mysteries are what makes LOST, LOST. Keep that coming and I will be happy. They are also setting things up to create a literature universe after the series and/or other mediums.

Well if I'm being honest, it's better to be ugly on the outside, then ugly on the inside, and permanently disfigured with a disease that renders you socially inept, and completely incapable of forming normal human relationships. I mean, hell, you can get surgery to fix your looks, you're proof positive no amount of meds will help.

To bring this back to show discussion, this is why I think Hurley is a prime candidate.

I agree with Funke..............and I'm beautiful.
Oh honey send me pics! <3

Well if I'm being honest, it's better to be ugly on the outside, then ugly on the inside, and permanently disfigured with a disease that renders you socially inept, and completely incapable of forming normal human relationships. I mean, hell, you can get surgery to fix your looks, you're proof positive no amount of meds will help.
Riiiiight. I've got plenty of friends. There's a cluster of sociopaths on this forum, which is why it doesn't bother me if I'm not well liked here.

To bring this back to show discussion, this is why I think Hurley is a prime candidate.
They all are. Hurley has flaws (besides being ugly) that could disqualify him. He's a bit scatterbrained, doubts himself a bit too much, and might die of a heart attack in 10 years, meaning you have to search for a new candidate all over again.

Riiiiight. I've got plenty of friends. There's a cluster of sociopaths on this forum, which is why it doesn't bother me if I'm not well liked here.
:goodposting:

They all are. Hurley has flaws (besides being ugly) that could disqualify him. He's a bit scatterbrained, doubts himself a bit too much, and might die of a heart attack in 10 years, meaning you have to search for a new candidate all over again.
A Hurley/Desmond ticket would do well, imho.

Yes, but you've never tasted the flesh, a flaw that's less easily remedied than we all might like to admit.

A Hurley/Desmond ticket would do well, imho.
What about Desmond do you think would make a good vice-Jacob?

Yes, but you've never tasted the flesh, a flaw that's less easily remedied than we all might like to admit.
:goodposting:

Also interesting that Claire doesn't see notLocke as Locke, and sees him possibly in his true form, whatever that may be.
When Jin asked her if she'd been out there all alone all that time, didn't she say something to the effect of "my dad was here, and my freind". So she identifies NotLocke as "her friend" and sees right through him that it's not John Locke, wouldn't that imply that her dad (Christian) would be someone else other than MIB? I guess the way she knows that NotLocke is her friend and not John Locke could be because he told her that previously, but she just seemed to know and made a look at Jin like why would you think that is John. Probably reading into this too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Hurley can be the friendly face of the administration, Desmond doesn't care what other people think about him and can make the tough decisions behind the scenes. Plus he seems to be in good health and a nice enough fellow.Oh, and he is special, can travel through time, and can see the future at times. I find those traits valuable in my vice-Jacobs.

In a way this show might perhaps most closely resemble the Twilight Zone. You were never offered explanations for anything in TZ. You just were given limited information, some interesting characters, then a surreal plot twist. Then you moved onto the next episode.

If you think of the Lightouse episode in that context, that's about what we have. We are never going to get an explanation for the Lighthouse. It was just there to freak you out for an episode. Now we move onto the next story.

WTF was that thing in the crib?
It looked like some twisted, withered macabre entity with no useful purpose. I think we should call it Obamacare.
Sure you don't want to call it TobiasFunke? I mean, as long as you're dishing out baseless insults to total strangers on the internet, you might as well go all-in.
Now cmon. I said straight out I didn't want to start an argument. I just wanted to be brutally honest for a moment. I meant absolutely no harm.

Also interesting that Claire doesn't see notLocke as Locke, and sees him possibly in his true form, whatever that may be.
When Jin asked her if she'd been out there all alone all that time, didn't she say something to the effect of "my dad was here, and my freind". So she identifies NotLocke as "her friend" and sees right through him that it's not John Locke, wouldn't that imply that her dad (Christian) would be someone else other than MIB? I guess the way she knows that NotLocke is her friend and not John Locke could be because he told her that previously, but she just seemed to know and made a look at Jin like why would you think that is John. Probably reading into this too much.
IMO, Christian, who led her away from Kate, Sawyer, etc. was MIB/Smokey/notLocke, manifesting himself as Christian to get her away from Kate, Sawyer, etc.

Did you guys catch what type of soda Jack's son was drinking?

Writing on can looked something like "Apollo" or "Apocalypse" or "Alcatraz"

Looking for a screen cap now.

While Hurley can be the friendly face of the administration, Desmond doesn't care what other people think about him and can make the tough decisions behind the scenes. Plus he seems to be in good health and a nice enough fellow.Oh, and he is special, can travel through time, and can see the future at times. I find those traits valuable in my vice-Jacobs.
He also comes across as more conservative than hippieHugo. He'll play well to the female demographic. Despite making the tough decisions, he has been able to make friends and influence people (not named Benjamin Linus or Charles Whitmore), he appeals to both the proletariet (Sayid) and the bourgeoisie (Penny). Also, his accent makes me wonder if I could go gay, which is a group I'm guessing Hurley can't pull.They might struggle in the south, but their appeal will be broad enough to attract to the island loonies from the rest of the globe.ETA: Huge war chest between Penny's $$ and Hurley lotto winnings.

It looked like some twisted, withered macabre entity with no useful purpose. I think we should call it Obamacare.
Sure you don't want to call it TobiasFunke? I mean, as long as you're dishing out baseless insults to total strangers on the internet, you might as well go all-in.
Now cmon. I said straight out I didn't want to start an argument. I just wanted to be brutally honest for a moment. I meant absolutely no harm.
I'm trying to let this one go for the sake of the thread and the board, but dude, come on. If you (wrongly) tell someone they sound like they are a very ugly person that nobody likes, you don't get a free pass just because you say you "meant no harm" and were just being"brutally honest." You get that, right?

I'm trying to let this one go for the sake of the thread and the board, but dude, come on. If you (wrongly) tell someone they sound like they are a very ugly person that nobody likes, you don't get a free pass just because you say you "meant no harm" and were just being"brutally honest." You get that, right?
just admit you're a leper, dude.

I really don't think he does.Afterall, we're all sociopaths, and he's never the problem when faced with the overwhelming majority saying he's crazier than Vietnam Tom.

IMO, Christian, who led her away from Kate, Sawyer, etc. was MIB/Smokey/notLocke, manifesting himself as Christian to get her away from Kate, Sawyer, etc.
I still think that's probable but the fact Claire referred to them as two separate people jumped out at me too.

Jack's Son = The Musician that programed the keypad code in the Looking Glass Station. If you listen closely, the notes Jack's son missed during the recital correspond to the "Good Vibrations" notes Echo put into the TRS80.

:popcorn:

I still think that's probable but the fact Claire referred to them as two separate people jumped out at me too.
I think it would be in notLocke's best interest to have Claire think Christian and notLocke are separate. If her father, who magically appears to her, tells her that someone will be coming to help keep her safe she'll likely trust that person. Especially if that person can corroborate what Christian told her. If notLocke, or whatever form he took just showed up, I don't think she'd be as likely to be friendly to a shape-shifting pillar of smoke.

Jack's Son = The Musician that programed the keypad code in the Looking Glass Station. If you listen closely, the notes Jack's son missed during the recital correspond to the "Good Vibrations" notes Echo put into the TRS80. :popcorn:
We need a smilie of a head exploding.

He also comes across as more conservative than hippieHugo. He'll play well to the female demographic. Despite making the tough decisions, he has been able to make friends and influence people (not named Benjamin Linus or Charles Whitmore), he appeals to both the proletariet (Sayid) and the bourgeoisie (Penny). Also, his accent makes me wonder if I could go gay, which is a group I'm guessing Hurley can't pull.They might struggle in the south, but their appeal will be broad enough to attract to the island loonies from the rest of the globe.ETA: Huge war chest between Penny's $$ and Hurley lotto winnings.
:goodposting:And simply have Desmond rediscover his roots as a monk. Boom. They win the south. Can't lose with this ticket.

Found this interseting from lostipedia

The sign for David's recital reads "Welcome all Candidates." The first reflection in the lighthouse mirror is of the temple where Jin and Sun got married. The second reflection in the lighthouse mirror is of the church where Sawyer's parents' funeral was held.ETA-Hurley asserts his status as a candidate and his right to do as he pleases. Dogen says something in Japanese to Hurley ("You're lucky that I have to protect you. Otherwise I'd have cut your head off.").

Did she refer to them as separate? If so, I missed the "my dad" part.

Has anyone seen a translation of what dogen said to hurley in the temple in japanese that jacob wouldn't translate?

You'd think she might find it odd that dear old dad didn't have much time for her when she was in Australia, but he managed to find her in a camp in the middle of an island she crash-landed on in the middle of nowhere. But I suppose it could be one of those logic-suppressing infections.

Just read this on Lostisbadass.com:

On the Ajira Adventures page, under the Island Adventures, there is the option to download instructions for making an origami 3D ball from plain paper. A tag on the site says "Travel Tip: Teach your kids some origami to make the time fly by. Be sure to use your boarding pass... you never know what you might find hiding right inside". A sample boarding pass is also available from the site. Printing out the pass and then following the origami instructions results in the airport code GUM (Guam) appearing inside the viewing hole on the ball when it is made. Also directly above "GUM" is the word "Time", perhaps linking in with the instructions "make the time fly by".The pass also has other numbers on it. The bar code is 144 47 50E, whilst 13 29 02N appears on the "Airline use" line. Using these codes as coordinates, a browser such as Google Earth can be used to show that the coordinates are for Guam International Airport. Coupled with this is the source code message from one of the website pages "Where America's day begins". Not only is this the official motto of Guam, but the words also reportedly appear on the Airport building.When the bar code is scanned by a bar code reader the following is produced: 048151623426. This corresponds to the Numbers enclosed by standard bar code digits (a prefix of 0 and a check digit of 6).The other airport codes on the boarding pass are: LAX (Los Angeles), HND (Tokyo Haneda International), GLA (Glasgow)- corrected 1/7 GLR (Otsego County, US, Michigan)
I am betting the Samurai is from Guam and Adam and Eve originally came from Glasgow. :tinfoilhat:

On the Ajira Adventures page, under the Island Adventures, there is the option to download instructions for making an origami 3D ball from plain paper. A tag on the site says "Travel Tip: Teach your kids some origami to make the time fly by. Be sure to use your boarding pass... you never know what you might find hiding right inside". A sample boarding pass is also available from the site. Printing out the pass and then following the origami instructions results in the airport code GUM (Guam) appearing inside the viewing hole on the ball when it is made. Also directly above "GUM" is the word "Time", perhaps linking in with the instructions "make the time fly by".The pass also has other numbers on it. The bar code is 144 47 50E, whilst 13 29 02N appears on the "Airline use" line. Using these codes as coordinates, a browser such as Google Earth can be used to show that the coordinates are for Guam International Airport. Coupled with this is the source code message from one of the website pages "Where America's day begins". Not only is this the official motto of Guam, but the words also reportedly appear on the Airport building.When the bar code is scanned by a bar code reader the following is produced: 048151623426. This corresponds to the Numbers enclosed by standard bar code digits (a prefix of 0 and a check digit of 6).The other airport codes on the boarding pass are: LAX (Los Angeles), HND (Tokyo Haneda International), GLA (Glasgow)- corrected 1/7 GLR (Otsego County, US, Michigan)
I am betting the Samurai is from Guam and Adam and Eve originally came from Glasgow. :tinfoilhat:
You don' think the Samurai might be from Tokyo? Also, how do you think his playing with a baseball fits into all this?

You don' think the Samurai might be from Tokyo? Also, how do you think his playing with a baseball fits into all this?
:no:The guy is clearly asian.

Users who are viewing this thread