What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (1 Viewer)

:lmao: :gang1: May be my favorite show on TV.
It is the best show on TV right now. Easily.
You must be joking.
obviously the guy doesn't watch Mad Men
I've never seen an ep of Madmen and plan to jump into this fall....but I have to ask....what makes it so great? What's the hook on this show?
It's character driven rather than event driven. The writing is fantastic. I love SoA because it's so different than most everything out there. But it pales in comparison to MadMen.

I've never seen an ep of Madmen and plan to jump into this fall....but I have to ask....what makes it so great? What's the hook on this show?
It's character driven rather than event driven. The writing is fantastic. I love SoA because it's so different than most everything out there. But it pales in comparison to MadMen.
Not to mention how stylized all the sets/shots are...beautiful cinematography. MM can really only be touched by Breaking Bad. I go back and forth between which one is better. SOA is a distant 3rd for me but still must see TV.

That episode was just plain outstanding. The last 2 Season openers (Season 2 had the Gemma rape) were kicks right in the face. So good.

Great show, great beginning. Tough to argue this is better than Mad Men OR Breaking Bad (I prefer B.B., myself, but I am late to Mad Men.) But for action and grit? Tops.

Christo said:
AcerFC said:
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();

Not sure what the time limit for a spoiler would be.
In Charming?Pretty sure they were in charming

Im a little slow
:lmao: Happens to the best of us. A couple of thoughts to your question though... first, I think the cops would be more apt to let the purp get beat after seeing what happened. Second, as pointed out, things are a lil different in Charming. Think about it, you are a small town cop in a small town ruled by a motor bike club, the VP goes ape crap after what happened and I am not sure your first reaction is to start a fight with the VP. Finally, are we sure he is dead?

Im a little slow
:loco: Happens to the best of us. A couple of thoughts to your question though... first, I think the cops would be more apt to let the purp get beat after seeing what happened. Second, as pointed out, things are a lil different in Charming. Think about it, you are a small town cop in a small town ruled by a motor bike club, the VP goes ape crap after what happened and I am not sure your first reaction is to start a fight with the VP. Finally, are we sure he is dead?
I thought they said something in the previews from next week about Jax being in jail for assault, which would mean he isn't dead.

Im a little slow
:loco: Happens to the best of us. A couple of thoughts to your question though... first, I think the cops would be more apt to let the purp get beat after seeing what happened. Second, as pointed out, things are a lil different in Charming. Think about it, you are a small town cop in a small town ruled by a motor bike club, the VP goes ape crap after what happened and I am not sure your first reaction is to start a fight with the VP. Finally, are we sure he is dead?
I thought they said something in the previews from next week about Jax being in jail for assault, which would mean he isn't dead.
Are we talking about the cop or the shooter?

Im a little slow
:coffee: Happens to the best of us. A couple of thoughts to your question though... first, I think the cops would be more apt to let the purp get beat after seeing what happened. Second, as pointed out, things are a lil different in Charming. Think about it, you are a small town cop in a small town ruled by a motor bike club, the VP goes ape crap after what happened and I am not sure your first reaction is to start a fight with the VP. Finally, are we sure he is dead?
I was talking about the shooter.

TexanFan02 said:
EZD222 said:
TexanFan02 said:
Chadstroma said:
Im a little slow
;) Happens to the best of us. A couple of thoughts to your question though... first, I think the cops would be more apt to let the purp get beat after seeing what happened. Second, as pointed out, things are a lil different in Charming. Think about it, you are a small town cop in a small town ruled by a motor bike club, the VP goes ape crap after what happened and I am not sure your first reaction is to start a fight with the VP. Finally, are we sure he is dead?
I was talking about the shooter.
I was talking about the cop.

Gemma: Where you goin' with the baby oil?

Tig: I'm not gonna lie to you Gemma... I'm a very big man. And a little bit of lube sometimes, it's just the humane thing to do.

Gemma: Well I hope that's the Guatemalan hottie in there... and not my dad.

Gemma: Where you goin' with the baby oil?Tig: I'm not gonna lie to you Gemma... I'm a very big man. And a little bit of lube sometimes, it's just the humane thing to do.Gemma: Well I hope that's the Guatemalan hottie in there... and not my dad.
That was good. But can anyone explain why we had to see Tig's butt rather than the chicks?

Why did Tig need aspirin in the next scene? Did I miss something.

Good episode last night but I'm confused about two things...

Cameron and the baby are in Belfast, right?

Why did they kill Cameron?

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Why did Tig need aspirin in the next scene? Did I miss something.

Good episode last night but I'm confused about two things...

Cameron and the baby are in Belfast, right?

Why did they kill Cameron?
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
Tig needed aspirin because he got shot by Gemma's Dad who thought Tig was banging his wife.As for the spoiler answers...

1. Yes, he is.

2. Because he killed somebody from a gang they are friendly with and kidnapped the son of the Vice President of that gang. Also...he was beginning to crack and could have brought everything crashing down if he would have hurt Abel or been caught by the Sons. He was a liability in many ways so they eliminated him. It was an easy choice when they found out he sought revenge on the wrong people as well.

Ok, so they give the kid back now? Or with what happened in the church maybe no one knows where three kid is...?

Just starting on S2 via Netflis. Eps 1-3 done. Been recording S3 to watch right after I get through S2.

How does S2 compare to S1?

Ok, so they give the kid back now? Or with what happened in the church maybe no one knows where three kid is...?
I thought the priest said that they had a family to place the kid with. I did not think he was talking about Jax.

I think I figured out what was bugging me about the last couple of episodes. It's this: We know Abel is ok. The drama and tension of what Jax is going through is greatly reduced for the audience because we know what he doesn't. It just seems to be making things fall a bit flat on that storyline.

Just starting on S2 via Netflis. Eps 1-3 done. Been recording S3 to watch right after I get through S2.How does S2 compare to S1?
It's good - very good in comparison. Probably slightly better.the finale is one of the best hours of television I've seen as far as intensity.

Colts Win said:
So it sounded like the Irish are keeping Abel? Anyone know why?
This is something I am not getting. It seems clear that the blonde Irish chick had some sort of love affair with John Teller back in the day and thus has an emotional attachment to Abel. But I am missing the angle as to why the Irish would want to keep Abel.

Loved seeing the Sons gang in Belfast. These dudes have reach.

Big fan of the show but fight scenes always make me :goodposting: b/c they're so bad. I think this may actually be their intention as they're always jokes cracked before, during and after the fight.

Colts Win said:
This is something I am not getting. It seems clear that the blonde Irish chick had some sort of love affair with John Teller back in the day and thus has an emotional attachment to Abel. But I am missing the angle as to why the Irish would want to keep Abel.
Yeah, I don't have a read on that either. Clearly, the IRA thought it was wrong for Abel to have been taken in the first place. If they want to keep their relationship with the Sons, wouldn't the smart thing be for them to say, hey we killed the dude and here's your kid?Whatever their motivation, the fly in their ointment will be Half Sack's GF.

Yeah, I don't have a read on that either. Clearly, the IRA thought it was wrong for Abel to have been taken in the first place. If they want to keep their relationship with the Sons, wouldn't the smart thing be for them to say, hey we killed the dude and here's your kid?Whatever their motivation, the fly in their ointment will be Half Sack's GF.
I don't get it. It seems that they are playing dumb... as every time the Irish talk to SAMCRO they say they will pass on any intel when they get it... and they don't. Now the Father takes Abel to go with some other family... and I just can not figure out why. I keep thinking I missed something... maybe the accent threw me off or something... but I am lost here.

I don't get it. It seems that they are playing dumb... as every time the Irish talk to SAMCRO they say they will pass on any intel when they get it... and they don't. Now the Father takes Abel to go with some other family... and I just can not figure out why. I keep thinking I missed something... maybe the accent threw me off or something... but I am lost here.
Same here, I'm missing the whole Abel thing right now. Give him back, make nice, move on :confused: I keep thinking I missed something too.
Did Opie get fat for this season, or just ripped? He is too hairy for me to tell.
If that is what is troubling you about this show you're doing it wrong GB.

Oh...... so Abel being still in Ireland is all about power play within the IRA to get SAMCRO to move against Jimmy O.

1. Didn;t Samcro ireland email them to let them know that Cameron was therE? If so, why are they still going to Canada.

2. I think the plot is starting to get a bit too complicated.

I thought the priest said that they had a family to place the kid with. I did not think he was talking about Jax.
Between my bad hearing and his voice tone/accent I can't understand a word he says.I'm lost on who these Irish people are.
:thumbup: Yah, we keep rewinding all the Irish parts because we can't understand half of what the Irish characters say, especially The Priest.They need to pick up the pace a bit next episode. Its getting a bit flat.

BTW--> Jax' girlfriend looks pregnant, she's much thicker than last season. Wonder if that comes out next week too?

1. Didn;t Samcro ireland email them to let them know that Cameron was therE? If so, why are they still going to Canada.2. I think the plot is starting to get a bit too complicated.
Samcro Ireland =/ IRATwo different factions at work here; IRA wants SAMCRO to eliminate Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread