What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

quick waiver ? jeff,

my QB's are Cutler and Kolb.

12 team league. we start 1 QB, scoring is 1/25 pass, 1/10 rush, 4 td pass, 6 td rush/rec, ppr, .5/comp

hang onto Kolb or take a chance with Vick and let Kolb go?

if you say pickup Vick, start him over Cutler this week too?

thanks !

Hey Jeff - PPR League

Start 1 QB

Romo v CHI

Vick @ DET - > close; could go either way. Might go with Romo to be safe.

Start 2 RB's

J Best v PHI

L McCoy @ DET

B Jackson v BUF

R Bush @ SF ( Love Bush in a PPR League ) -> I like BJackson and either Bush or McCoy

Start 3 WR's

R Moss @ JETS

H Nicks @ INDY

Dez Bryant v CHI

Mike Williams @ CAR -> check to see if Nicks is playing first. If he plays, sit Moss vs Revis

I am only carrying 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF just want your thoughts on their match-ups.......

J Finley v BUF ------ Patriots @ JETS ----- R Succup @ CLE -----

Considering dropping Succup for Kasay, Janikowski or Folk? THOUGHTS? -> not a succop fan but he is not bad this week. I like the other two

Thanks for your help and time!!
Have a good one and good luck

Hey Jeff,I'm getting inside my own head about my starting RB's this week. Foster or B Jackson (PPR league)? Here's my thoughts...Ok... Foster had an outstanding week last week. I'm not forgetting that (I live in Houston. I watched the game and he looked great). But, I'm also not forgetting that they were playing the Colts, who have a pretty bad run D, and Houston's game plan against them is always to control the clock with the running game to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. Hence, Foster's 33 carry, 230+yd, 3 TD day. This week though, they play WAS who has a much better D, but much less of an offense, so they won't be looking to control the clock nearly as much. He will also still lose some 3rd down carries to Slaton, and probably even more of them this week since HOU will likely be throwing the ball a bit more. On the other hand, Brandon Jackson plays BUF, who has a horrible run D. He is a very capable RB, he looked great last week, and will not be splitting time with anyone at all. My one and only concern with Jackson is if GB gets a large lead by halftime (which they likely will), will they protect Jackson by putting in one of their scrub RB's to chew up clock? If they don't though, I think Jackson could be in for a huge day against a horrible D. But, (and there's always a but), it's tough to ignore Foster's game last week.So, logically, am I crazy for wanting to bench Foster for Jackson this week (Gore is my other starter)?Thanks in advance!
I understand your dilemma but think you are overthinking it. If asking which I think will score more, I would say Foster. Jackson could do ok, but I would go with Foster

10 Team Redraft LeagueStart 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1PK1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 20 yards passing1 PPR10 pts per TDI feel that I dominated our auction, and also was able to grab Brandon Jackson for rather cheap on BB waivers ($70 of $130). I'm now getting antsy wanting to make a move. Who would you look to move, and where would you improve this team?QB: Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Davis GarrardRB: Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Brandon Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Marion Barber, Fred Taylor, Willis McGaheeWR: Calvin Johnson, Chad Ochocinco, Hakeem Nicks, Mark Clayton, Louis Murphy, Jacoby JonesTE: Antonio GatesPK: Mason Crosby
I would suggest trying to move Jacoby Jones and Clayton for a better WR4 (spot starter to cover bye or injury). Very good team, though

Jeff Tefertiller said:
oscarz said:
Hey JeffWho would you take as a team D this week as I have Miami vs Minny. I can drop Miami and pick up one of the following off of waivers:New England (at NYJ)Oakland (vs STL)Denver (vs Seattle)KC at (Clev)Thanks
I like NE and Denver best of those.
Hey Jeff Atlanta (vs Ariz) is also available? Your thoughts?
I like NE and Atl a ton this week. Neither opposing QB is playing well

quick waiver ? jeff, my QB's are Cutler and Kolb.12 team league. we start 1 QB, scoring is 1/25 pass, 1/10 rush, 4 td pass, 6 td rush/rec, ppr, .5/comphang onto Kolb or take a chance with Vick and let Kolb go?if you say pickup Vick, start him over Cutler this week too?thanks !
yes, and yes ....Is there another player you can drop instead? I say go with Vick since I think these first few games are very important to get a good start to season

quick waiver ? jeff, my QB's are Cutler and Kolb.12 team league. we start 1 QB, scoring is 1/25 pass, 1/10 rush, 4 td pass, 6 td rush/rec, ppr, .5/comphang onto Kolb or take a chance with Vick and let Kolb go?if you say pickup Vick, start him over Cutler this week too?thanks !
yes, and yes ....Is there another player you can drop instead? I say go with Vick since I think these first few games are very important to get a good start to season
thanks jeff.unfortunately there is nobody else im able to drop as our league has roster limits. this is also an auction league and i got Kolb rather cheap ($2) and would only cost me $7 next year. I was pretty high on him breaking out this year but took Cutler just in case he doesnt. on the other hand, i feel as tho Vick has a lot he wants to prove and is up against an awful Detroit team and if all goes well for him id be able to keep him for $5 next year assuming he finds a starting spot. as you said, early is big and im already 0-1. id mention Vick and Cutler have the same bye week but so did Kolb, hahaha. will cross that bridge when it comes.still Vick, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks jeff.unfortunately there is nobody else im able to drop as our league has roster limits. this is also an auction league and i got Kolb rather cheap ($2) and would only cost me $7 next year. I was pretty high on him breaking out this year but took Cutler just in case he doesnt. on the other hand, i feel as tho Vick has a lot he wants to prove and is up against an awful Detroit team and if all goes well for him id be able to keep him for $5 next year assuming he finds a starting spot. as you said, early is big and im already 0-1. id mention Vick and Cutler have the same bye week but so did Kolb, hahaha. will cross that bridge when it comes.still Vick, right?
I think so .. and Vick would be cheap for next year as well if he stays the starter

Tough call this week on who to start at my 2nd RB. Chris Johnson is my #1 RB, but can't decide who to pair him with. Sjax vs Oakland or Foster vs Washington. This is basically a scoring league, and the yardage points are kind of screwy. Below is the scoring rules...

Rushing:

1 bonus point(s) each 25 total yards, starting with 25 yard(s).

2 bonus point(s) each 100 total yards, starting with 100 yard(s).

5 bonus point(s) for 125 or more yard(s).

10 bonus point(s) for 200 or more yard(s).

Receiving:

1 bonus point(s) each 25 total yards, starting with 25 yard(s).

2 bonus point(s) each 100 total yards, starting with 100 yard(s).

5 bonus point(s) for 125 or more yard(s).

10 bonus point(s) for 200 or more yard(s).

Combined yardage:

1 bonus point(s) each 50 total yards, starting with 100 yard(s).

Hey Jeff, appreciate the help.

Matthews or McCoy? 1PPR, 10yds/rush,rec, 6pts/td's

Drafted Matthews as my 2nd rb and i'm high on him.

Just wondering your thoughts on these 2 today?

Thanks.

Heya Jeff~

In a 6 team league, so our teams are loaded with superstars. Am I crazy to think Bradshaw will preform better than Foster against Indy's terrible run def? Washington looked great against the barbarian last week! Only thing that holds me back on that is the thought that Peyton will score all day long; thus keeping the ball out of Bradshaw's hands. So what do you think? Foster vs Was or Bradshaw vs Indy?

Thanks man,

Sean

I need to trade for a RB (preferably tier 2 or 3), but I'm having a hard time identifying one and what would be a good counter offer.

Got any ideas on a RB I should target and which of my players would consist of enough value?

I need to trade for a RB (preferably tier 2 or 3), but I'm having a hard time identifying one and what would be a good counter offer.Got any ideas on a RB I should target and which of my players would consist of enough value?
I think I would go after Addai or Foster since no one seems to buy into either

Hello Jeff,

First of all, Thanks for the help last week. Vick helped my team as I won pretty easily. This brings me to the question of qb this week. I have Kolb and Vick. Do you reccommend any other possible wire guys, or see what Kolb does with a favorable matchup coming next?

Would you get Freeman if you had Roster space? or other suggestions?

Also Lewis or Keller,Hernandez at te? Liked Lewis this week

Wr's: Thomas, Murphy , or Walter worth much......my sig's on here.

Thanks!!! :shrug:

OOPS....now i hear Vicks the STARTER? I knew you were the BEST consultant out there Jeff. Just bill me at the season's end!

!

Hi Jeff,

I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. I noticed that B. Celek is not listed in the downgrade column this week. He has certainly been frustrating for me. V. Schiancoe is available for trade in my league. Think Schiancoe is worth it as an upgrade? I would keep Celek.

QB: Brees, M. Ryan

RB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, M. Bush

WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, J. Knox

TE: B. Celek

DEF: Niners, Patriots

K: doesn’t matter

IDP: J. Vilma

Jeff,

Now I've got issues...here's my team.

QB: Romo, Vince Young

RB: Chris Johnson, CJ Spiller, Reggie Bush (now out for maybe 6 weeks), Mike Tolbert

WR: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Crabtree, Mark Clayton

TE: Vernon Davis, Zack Miller

K: Akers

DEF: New England

It's a 12 team PPR league all TD's worth 6 pts, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yds, 1 pt per 30 return yards. We start the following:

QB: 1

RB: 2

WR: 2

TE: 1

K: 1

DEF: 1

And you can only roster double the starters. So I can only roster 4 RBs...

Well, the plan to sit and wait until CJ Spiller becomes a consistent double digit RB2 has taken a hit. Reggie Bush appears to be out for 6 weeks, Spiller doesn't seem to be getting better, and I grabbed Mike Tolbert in hopes that San Diego rests Ryan Mathews or at least lightens his workload next week.

So what do I do about Bush? Do I drop him for DeShawn Wynn since the Saints won't give Pierre Thomas the full workload?

This is what's out there right now...their season total fantasy pts are listed with each name.

LaRod Stephens-Howling - 20.77 pts

Mike Goodson - 20.43

Donald Brown - 17.50

Rashad Jennings - 16.80

Earnest Graham - 16.70

Kevin Faulk - 15.20

Dexter McCluster (Yahoo has him as a WR/RB so I could use him as an RB) - 13.83

Marshawn Lynch - 7.70

DeShawn Wynn - 0.00

Michael Bush - 0.00

The guys in my league rarely ever trade. I'll probably try to work a deal but what should be my backup plan if I can't make a deal happen for this week? Stick with what I have now and start Spiller? Should I go ahead and drop Bush for one of the guys on waivers?

Thanks Jeff,

-Eric

12 team redraft league, standard scoring .5/pts PR starter 1 QB, 1 RB, 2WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex(RB, WR, TE)

QB - Romo, Anderson

RB- Mendenhall, Hightower, M, Bush, J. Stewart, F. Taylor, J. Harrison

WR- A. Johnson, S. Moss, M. Clayton, M. Floyd, E. Royal

TE- J. Witten

Would you trade one of the following for R. Brown have offered him his choice of S. Moss, M. Clayton, M. Floyd or E. Royal. Which one of them would you offer and is there one that you would not offer.

Thanks Jeff....2-0

Tense game last night, Saints got the W, but losing Reggie stinks!

So, first up RB question....

PPR League-Start 2-Keep 4 on Roster

-McCoy (Phi)-----------Bye Week 8

-Best (Det) ------------Bye Week 7

-Bush (Out 6 Weeks)---------------Reggie hopes to be back by week 8/9

-Brandon Jackson (GB)-Bye Week 10 (Same as Reggie)

So, do I hang on to Brandon Jackson to cover for BEST week 7 --- Green Bay v Vikings

McCoy week 8 --- Green Bay @ JETS

I know he is their primary back but I am nervous, 12 team league so the pickings are beyond slim!

Should I wait and see what happens over the next few weeks?

If I drop Reggie he will get scooped up we are all from New Orleans.

I don't want to drop Jackson until he has a chance to show what he can do and maybe someone else will break out.

Last question is WR's .....

I drafted Santonio Holmes bc I believe he will contribute when he plays.

All the talk about Vincent Jackson and the Vikings keeps going back and forth----I don't think it will happen BUT if it does would you grab him?

I don't think the WR's are the problem for Farve, this time I think its him.

To grab Jackson I would need to drop one of the following guys:

R Moss-------NO

H Nicks-------NO

Dez Bryant---NO

Mike Williams (TB) The ONLY possible option to release

What would you do?

Sorry for such a lengthy post! Please forgive me Jeff.....

I am thankful for your time and patience!

Hello Jeff, First of all, Thanks for the help last week. Vick helped my team as I won pretty easily. This brings me to the question of qb this week. I have Kolb and Vick. Do you reccommend any other possible wire guys, or see what Kolb does with a favorable matchup coming next?Would you get Freeman if you had Roster space? or other suggestions?Also Lewis or Keller,Hernandez at te? Liked Lewis this weekWr's: Thomas, Murphy , or Walter worth much......my sig's on here.Thanks!!! :confused:OOPS....now i hear Vicks the STARTER? I knew you were the BEST consultant out there Jeff. Just bill me at the season's end!!
glad to help. I would give it a week before looking for a fantasy backup. But, until Philly's bye, keep both just to see how things sort out.

Hi Jeff,I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. I noticed that B. Celek is not listed in the downgrade column this week. He has certainly been frustrating for me. V. Schiancoe is available for trade in my league. Think Schiancoe is worth it as an upgrade? I would keep Celek.QB: Brees, M. RyanRB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, M. BushWR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, J. KnoxTE: B. CelekDEF: Niners, PatriotsK: doesn’t matterIDP: J. Vilma
Get Shiancoe even if you give up Celek+ ... Favre loves Shiancoe. It is worth it to upgrade your starters. Minny is missing some WRs and looks for the TE

zspikes68 said:
Jeff,Now I've got issues...here's my team.QB: Romo, Vince YoungRB: Chris Johnson, CJ Spiller, Reggie Bush (now out for maybe 6 weeks), Mike TolbertWR: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Crabtree, Mark ClaytonTE: Vernon Davis, Zack MillerK: AkersDEF: New EnglandIt's a 12 team PPR league all TD's worth 6 pts, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yds, 1 pt per 30 return yards. We start the following:QB: 1RB: 2WR: 2TE: 1K: 1DEF: 1And you can only roster double the starters. So I can only roster 4 RBs...Well, the plan to sit and wait until CJ Spiller becomes a consistent double digit RB2 has taken a hit. Reggie Bush appears to be out for 6 weeks, Spiller doesn't seem to be getting better, and I grabbed Mike Tolbert in hopes that San Diego rests Ryan Mathews or at least lightens his workload next week. So what do I do about Bush? Do I drop him for DeShawn Wynn since the Saints won't give Pierre Thomas the full workload?This is what's out there right now...their season total fantasy pts are listed with each name.LaRod Stephens-Howling - 20.77 ptsMike Goodson - 20.43Donald Brown - 17.50Rashad Jennings - 16.80Earnest Graham - 16.70Kevin Faulk - 15.20Dexter McCluster (Yahoo has him as a WR/RB so I could use him as an RB) - 13.83Marshawn Lynch - 7.70DeShawn Wynn - 0.00Michael Bush - 0.00The guys in my league rarely ever trade. I'll probably try to work a deal but what should be my backup plan if I can't make a deal happen for this week? Stick with what I have now and start Spiller? Should I go ahead and drop Bush for one of the guys on waivers? Thanks Jeff,-Eric
Hey Eric, check to see if Mathews is playing this week. If not, start Tolbert and keep status quo at RB. If Mathews is playing, pick up Mike Bush (if he is back) or Donald Brown or Lynch. Lynch might be the call ... difficult choice.

Packers4ever said:
12 team redraft league, standard scoring .5/pts PR starter 1 QB, 1 RB, 2WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex(RB, WR, TE)QB - Romo, AndersonRB- Mendenhall, Hightower, M, Bush, J. Stewart, F. Taylor, J. HarrisonWR- A. Johnson, S. Moss, M. Clayton, M. Floyd, E. RoyalTE- J. WittenWould you trade one of the following for R. Brown have offered him his choice of S. Moss, M. Clayton, M. Floyd or E. Royal. Which one of them would you offer and is there one that you would not offer.
I would only give Clayton out of that group. Brown has disappointed and is a huge injury risk

Thanks Jeff....2-0

Tense game last night, Saints got the W, but losing Reggie stinks!

So, first up RB question....

PPR League-Start 2-Keep 4 on Roster

-McCoy (Phi)-----------Bye Week 8

-Best (Det) ------------Bye Week 7

-Bush (Out 6 Weeks)---------------Reggie hopes to be back by week 8/9

-Brandon Jackson (GB)-Bye Week 10 (Same as Reggie)

So, do I hang on to Brandon Jackson to cover for BEST week 7 --- Green Bay v Vikings

McCoy week 8 --- Green Bay @ JETS

I know he is their primary back but I am nervous, 12 team league so the pickings are beyond slim!

Should I wait and see what happens over the next few weeks?

If I drop Reggie he will get scooped up we are all from New Orleans.

I don't want to drop Jackson until he has a chance to show what he can do and maybe someone else will break out.

Last question is WR's .....

I drafted Santonio Holmes bc I believe he will contribute when he plays.

All the talk about Vincent Jackson and the Vikings keeps going back and forth----I don't think it will happen BUT if it does would you grab him?

I don't think the WR's are the problem for Farve, this time I think its him.

To grab Jackson I would need to drop one of the following guys:

R Moss-------NO

H Nicks-------NO

Dez Bryant---NO

Mike Williams (TB) The ONLY possible option to release

What would you do?

Sorry for such a lengthy post! Please forgive me Jeff.....

I am thankful for your time and patience!
Keep Jackson until you see how he does. You have a few weeks. Too early to drop a RB unless a great one on waivers. At WR, we will know by tomorrow afternoon whether VJax is traded. If so, drop Dez Bryant. I think Mike Williams outproduces him this year by a good margin.

Jeff,

I need two: Megatron,Colston,S Moss,Floyd.....Tempting on Moss this week

HIghtower or Williams?

Also: Someone put Garrard on the wire.......I have kolb and Vick.....should i even consider him for a backup.

THanks again!

Winning is FUN!

Hi Jeff – Do you like Greg Olsen vs. GB, Keller at Miami, or Moeaki vs. SF this weekend?

If I added Carlson to that group of four (may be available in a trade), which of the four do you like going forward?

Okay Jeff....

While my Saints got the W, Monday night we lost Reggie for 4-6 weeks and I do mean we because he is my #3 and was meant to cover for Best and McCoy's bye 7 & 8 weeks.....So, I grabbed Brandon Jackson and so far he has not come close to the hype.

Below are some guys on the WW, I don't want to drop Jackson after 1 week unless you think he is never going to measure up. I can't drop Reggie because living in New Orleans with the other 11 owners means that he will get scooped up.

PPR League....I guess the real question is whether to make a move now or wait and see what else happens in RB world before I need my week 7 RB fill in.

Let me know what you think----THANKS as always!

Bernard ScottScott is just as talented as Cedric Benson minus the behavioral baggage. He is also killing Benson in YPC 4.7 to 3.2. If this YPC spread keeps up, will we see Scott match Benson in touches, and eventually pass him.

Peyton Hillis- Has been more effective than Jerome Harrison and is receiving goal line carries plus solid receiving stats. Hillis is going to get 10-15 touches a week and against weak rush defenses, he can shine. Currently Hillis is out producing Harrison in YPC 4.5 to 3.4.

Marshawn Lynch- There are rumors that Lynch may go to Green Bay in a trade. Should I wait and if it happens drop B Jackson for Lynch?

I like Hillis the best out of the 3.....

By the way what do you think of Keiland Williams with the Skins, since they released Larry Johnson? Any promise there?

Jeff,I need two: Megatron,Colston,S Moss,Floyd.....Tempting on Moss this weekHIghtower or Williams?Also: Someone put Garrard on the wire.......I have kolb and Vick.....should i even consider him for a backup.THanks again!Winning is FUN!
keep Kolb and Vick until you need to cover the bye. I would go with Calvin and Moss (with Floyd close behind)Which Williams? If DWill, start him over Hightower with Beanie expected back this week

football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – Do you like Greg Olsen vs. GB, Keller at Miami, or Moeaki vs. SF this weekend? If I added Carlson to that group of four (may be available in a trade), which of the four do you like going forward?
I would prefer Olsen for free to Carlson via trade; but Carlson if all else equal

tate516 said:
Okay Jeff....

While my Saints got the W, Monday night we lost Reggie for 4-6 weeks and I do mean we because he is my #3 and was meant to cover for Best and McCoy's bye 7 & 8 weeks.....So, I grabbed Brandon Jackson and so far he has not come close to the hype.

Below are some guys on the WW, I don't want to drop Jackson after 1 week unless you think he is never going to measure up. I can't drop Reggie because living in New Orleans with the other 11 owners means that he will get scooped up.

PPR League....I guess the real question is whether to make a move now or wait and see what else happens in RB world before I need my week 7 RB fill in.

Let me know what you think----THANKS as always!

Bernard ScottScott is just as talented as Cedric Benson minus the behavioral baggage. He is also killing Benson in YPC 4.7 to 3.2. If this YPC spread keeps up, will we see Scott match Benson in touches, and eventually pass him.

Peyton Hillis- Has been more effective than Jerome Harrison and is receiving goal line carries plus solid receiving stats. Hillis is going to get 10-15 touches a week and against weak rush defenses, he can shine. Currently Hillis is out producing Harrison in YPC 4.5 to 3.4.

Marshawn Lynch- There are rumors that Lynch may go to Green Bay in a trade. Should I wait and if it happens drop B Jackson for Lynch?

I like Hillis the best out of the 3.....

By the way what do you think of Keiland Williams with the Skins, since they released Larry Johnson? Any promise there?
wait for now, and I like Scott (if Benson injury) and Lynch best of the group.

The Moss Williams decision last week didn't matter, a 1 point difference for me in a 15 point win.

This week, RB2 slot:

CJ Spiller @ NE

Donald Brown @ DEN

Mike Tolbert @ SEA

With Bradshaw v TEN as my #1, I need some serious production from my #2. Vick and my WRs should be able to carry me, but there's a chance they don't and TEN is pretty good against the run.

If Mathews doesn't go, I am thinking about Tolbert. If he does, I'm planning on Spiller after watching LT last week. Thoughts?

0.5 ppr, 1/10 rush, 1/15 rec

Also, Ringer just got dropped, would you drop Bernard Scott for him? I feel like they're both lotto tickets and I just have to hope I get lucky with which one gets a shot. I could also drop Kolb........

Jeff,

I apologize in advance as I'm gonna hit you with a lot this week. I'm a paranoid fantasy football owner to begin with but with two teams at 0-2 it's getting heavy. Especially being the commish of one league, hahaha. Answer what you can, thanks

League 1 (I own) 12 teams, PPR, 1/10 rb-wr, 1/25 qb, 4/td pass, 6/td other, 1/40 ret, .5/comp

Team: Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE

QB: Vick, Cutler

RB: Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, Stewart

WR: TO, Harvin, MSW, Breaston, MWallace

TE: Celek, Daniels

1. Went with Foster, Addai, Charles, Breaston, Harvin last week and got burned by MSW. With Charles claiming himself as a backup I'm nervous to start him again. Who do I start?

2. Vick or Cutler this week? (dropped Kolb and used Vick last week, thanks for that!)

3. Time to panic yet and make a move? could probably package RBs/WRs together for an upgrade. What position do I target and who should/shouldn't I look to move? been offered Wayne for MSW and Charles

League 2 - 10 team, PPR, 1/10 rb-wr, 1/20 qb, 6/td all, 1/comp

Team: Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE

QB: Flacco, Favre

RB: Gore, Rice, Addai, MBush

WR: Jennings, Bowe, Nicks, Meachem, Jacoby Jones

TE: Vernon, Olsen

1. Team is offering Colston and Caddy for a better RB and backup WR (he has Welker, Wayne, Colston, Driver). I was thinking of offering Addai and Bowe/Meachem for the pair. Is it worth that and do I start with the Meachem offer or just go Bowe? the RB isnt important as Gore and Rice I'll never sit except on bye

2. Looking to give up on Meachem/Jones and Bush to take a chance on a breakout player in FA. available RBs and WRs are. . .

RBS: Tolbert, Hillis, Jennings, Forsett, Snelling, FJackson, Sproles, McGahee, RWilliams

WRs: Walter, Manningham, Murphy, MThomas, Hester, Cotchery, MWilliams(Jags), Moore, Berrian

3. Lastly, Favre or Flacco? these two are bleepin killing me this year.

thanks for your time Jeff and I appreciate any feedback you can give on those. Don't go crazy as I know how annoying/tedious these ?'s might be. hahaha

Ocons

Hey Jeff,

Of course I read you columns every week. Your not recommending Hernandez over Lewis are you, and of course for the rest of the year.

THANKS!!!

The Moss Williams decision last week didn't matter, a 1 point difference for me in a 15 point win.This week, RB2 slot:CJ Spiller @ NEDonald Brown @ DENMike Tolbert @ SEAWith Bradshaw v TEN as my #1, I need some serious production from my #2. Vick and my WRs should be able to carry me, but there's a chance they don't and TEN is pretty good against the run.If Mathews doesn't go, I am thinking about Tolbert. If he does, I'm planning on Spiller after watching LT last week. Thoughts?0.5 ppr, 1/10 rush, 1/15 recAlso, Ringer just got dropped, would you drop Bernard Scott for him? I feel like they're both lotto tickets and I just have to hope I get lucky with which one gets a shot. I could also drop Kolb........
I like Tolbert best of those RBs. Mathews cannot make an impact with the high ankle sprain. I would consider dropping Kolb for Ringer after a week and we see what is going on with Philly at qb

Jeff,

I apologize in advance as I'm gonna hit you with a lot this week. I'm a paranoid fantasy football owner to begin with but with two teams at 0-2 it's getting heavy. Especially being the commish of one league, hahaha. Answer what you can, thanks

League 1 (I own) 12 teams, PPR, 1/10 rb-wr, 1/25 qb, 4/td pass, 6/td other, 1/40 ret, .5/comp

Team: Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE

QB: Vick, Cutler

RB: Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, Stewart

WR: TO, Harvin, MSW, Breaston, MWallace

TE: Celek, Daniels

1. Went with Foster, Addai, Charles, Breaston, Harvin last week and got burned by MSW. With Charles claiming himself as a backup I'm nervous to start him again. Who do I start? -> Foster, Addai, and either Wells or a R at flex.

2. Vick or Cutler this week? (dropped Kolb and used Vick last week, thanks for that!) -> I think I would go safe route with Vick. Never know if Cutler will implode vs GB

3. Time to panic yet and make a move? could probably package RBs/WRs together for an upgrade. What position do I target and who should/shouldn't I look to move? been offered Wayne for MSW and Charles I would do that (and ask for a decent prospect in return)

League 2 - 10 team, PPR, 1/10 rb-wr, 1/20 qb, 6/td all, 1/comp

Team: Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE

QB: Flacco, Favre

RB: Gore, Rice, Addai, MBush

WR: Jennings, Bowe, Nicks, Meachem, Jacoby Jones

TE: Vernon, Olsen

1. Team is offering Colston and Caddy for a better RB and backup WR (he has Welker, Wayne, Colston, Driver). I was thinking of offering Addai and Bowe/Meachem for the pair. Is it worth that and do I start with the Meachem offer or just go Bowe? the RB isnt important as Gore and Rice I'll never sit except on bye I do not see it as an upgrade

2. Looking to give up on Meachem/Jones and Bush to take a chance on a breakout player in FA. available RBs and WRs are. . . Bush is playing this week. Drop jacoby for Tolbert. He could be a starter

RBS: Tolbert, Hillis, Jennings, Forsett, Snelling, FJackson, Sproles, McGahee, RWilliams

WRs: Walter, Manningham, Murphy, MThomas, Hester, Cotchery, MWilliams(Jags), Moore, Berrian

3. Lastly, Favre or Flacco? these two are bleepin killing me this year. -> I think I would roll the dice on Flacco to finally have a decent game. He has better weapons than Favre

thanks for your time Jeff and I appreciate any feedback you can give on those. Don't go crazy as I know how annoying/tedious these ?'s might be. hahaha

Ocons
Good luck

Another Team WDIS: Standard Scoring

Romo or Mccnabb

Need 2 Rb's, 2wr's and a flex wr/rb out of this list:

Turner,D. Williams,Best,Matthews,B. Jackson

Tb M. Williams,Nicks,Sims-Walker,Floyd

Celek, or Winslow

Thanks again and good luck

Romo - HOU has given up a ton of yards this yr or Mccnabb

Tb M. Williams,Nicks,Sims-Walker,Floyd -> last WR starter is tough.

Celek, or Winslow

Romo - HOU has given up a ton of yards this yr or Mccnabb

Tb M. Williams,Nicks,Sims-Walker,Floyd -> last WR starter is tough.

Celek, or Winslow

Owens, Murphy, Hester,Heyward Bay on wire?

Hi, Jeff, would you give Addai, DBrown and BJax for McCoy, Felix Jones in a redraft league, non ppr? McCoy look great against Detroit, but it was Detroit. My other Rbs are Bradshaw Wells and LT so I am looking for an RB1. Am I giving to much? Do you think McCoy is the real deal?

Hi, Jeff, would you give Addai, DBrown and BJax for McCoy, Felix Jones in a redraft league, non ppr? McCoy look great against Detroit, but it was Detroit. My other Rbs are Bradshaw Wells and LT so I am looking for an RB1. Am I giving to much? Do you think McCoy is the real deal?
I would do it even though I like Addai a lot. I think the Colts split carries as long as both RBs are healthy. While I do not LOVE mccoy, he is the rb1 and the presence of Vick helps a ton. If uneasy, give it a week to see if vick is still the starter

Hi, Jeff, In a NON-ppr redraft league, I’m looking for suggestions on how to put together trade offers for some underperforming players that have potential to bounce back. The trouble is, I don’t think I have a lot on my roster that would entice another owner to make a trade.

Those underperforming players (with their ranking in LD) are:

• RB12 Turner

• WR16 Ward, WR29 Wallace

• TE8 Tony Gonzalez, TE10 Heath Miller, TE13 Celek

We start 2RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB/WR flex, so my usual approach is to start 3 RBs and 2 WRs. My three RB starters now are RB3 Gore, RB15 Bradshaw, and RB23 LT. Since RB53 Michael Bush and RB57 Reggie Bush are pretty much untradeable now, along with lottery pick RB67 Toby Gerhart, my mind isn’t coming up with trade ideas for Turner.

My starting WRs are WR9 Brandon and WR13 Calvin, with WR14 Ocho for depth and bye week support. As far as WRs, that leaves WR36 Mason, and I’m not sure he’s of any interest to anyone either.

I’m doing matchups with TE11 Keller and TE17 Olsen, so I’m not sure any of those other 3 are significant upgrades.

Not sure it matters, but my QB is Eli until Ben returns.

Since you see so much more that I do, I wonder if you have any thoughts on how to approach a trade, or if I just need to sit back and be patient with my lineup? Thanks.

2-0 , Looking for continued success who should I go after and who should I trade? Thanks..

16 team ppr dynasty league

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1rb/wr, 1rb/wr, 1k

Guys on trading block for other teams are

QB Hasselback, Farve, VY, Rothlesberger, Derek Anderson, David Garrard

RB LT, Benson, Thomas Jones, Brandon Jackson, Marion Barber, Payton Hills

WR Roy Williams, chambers, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith (NYG), Sanatana Moss,

TE Celek, Winslow, Zach Miller, Heath Miller

My roster

QB Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick, Campbell

RB McCoy, Portis, McFadden, Forsett/Washington, Bernard Scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, (Ben Tate IR)

WR Calvin johnson, Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Lee Evans, James Jones, Brian Hartline, Laurent Robinson

TE Sheffler

Who would you be most likely to move and who would you target from list above?

Users who are viewing this thread