What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demaryius Thomas (1 Viewer)

moleculo said:
if I had him, I'd start him with confidence this week. Denver O is going to open up a can of whoopass after dealing with the loss of McKinley. That, and there isn't very much film on DThomas just yet.
ok, now I have him and am considering starting him over Steve Smith (CAR).
Moleculo, we are in the same boat.

I posted this on the Assistant Coach forum if you are interested in seeing it. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=557507
reply posted. I'll be checking back in closer to Sunday - still not sure how I feel about this one.

What is the difference between D.Thomas and D. Heyward-Bey other than the fact that DHB is a year older?

I understand D.Thomas had a great game last week; but I don't get the "starting him over S.Moss type talk".

What is the difference between D.Thomas and D. Heyward-Bey other than the fact that DHB is a year older?I understand D.Thomas had a great game last week; but I don't get the "starting him over S.Moss type talk".
Better QB, better passing offense, better physical metrics and college performance, and Thomas doesn't have a year of underperformance (including drops) on his resume.

gehazi said:
I think this guy is the real deal. The only question about him was the status of his foot. He is a big, fast, physical talent. Prototypical NFL body. Denver kept his injury under wraps and IF he is able to work himself back onto the field and doesn't have any set backs he has the talent to be a stud WR, maybe even this year. I found an article that compared his measurable to other big receivers that I found interesting. On paper the guy is in the elite category and I was impressed with what he was able to do in very limited action week 2.

Dez Bryant 6' 2" 215 4.55 40 time

Demaryius Thomas 6' 3" 229 4.38 40 time

Calvin Johnson 6' 5" 236 4.35 40 time

Brandon Marshall 6' 4" 230 4.53 40 time

Andre Johnson 6' 3" 223 4.41 40 time
Can you show a link for this? I thought his 40 times were not nearly this good. Or is it more of what he was "reportedly" running?
DHB is 6'2" 210 and I think his straight line speed (aka 40 time) is faster than DT although I could not find the actual time.I understand he is a great prospect. But starting him over Colston?S.Moss? Not me.

DoubleG said:
cvnpoka said:
starting him over colston smith and bradshaw is nuts to me.
Then apprently I'm nuts - and so is Mr. Bloom. For this week he has DT 3 slots higher than Colston...and I was thinking about the same thing.
the other fbg brain trust has him at 39 which is 24 and 22 slots lower than smith and colston respectively. and ofc, bradshaw blows him out of the water in both rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the difference between D.Thomas and D. Heyward-Bey other than the fact that DHB is a year older?I understand D.Thomas had a great game last week; but I don't get the "starting him over S.Moss type talk".
Thomas stat line last week (1 game): 8-97-1DHB stat line last YEAR (11 games): 9-124-1Keep in mind, this is with Thomas missing TC and preseason with the foot injury. Simply put, one has a ton more talent, gobs more upside, and doesn't play for the Raiders.Now some of that is tongue in cheek - I actually like DHB's chances of becoming a reliable WR - just not nearly as much as Thomas'.

Thomas stat line last week (1 game): 8-97-1DHB stat line last YEAR (11 games): 9-124-1Keep in mind, this is with Thomas missing TC and preseason with the foot injury. Simply put, one has a ton more talent, gobs more upside, and doesn't play for the Raiders.Now some of that is tongue in cheek - I actually like DHB's chances of becoming a reliable WR - just not nearly as much as Thomas'.
Lets compare apples to applesLast week DHB stats 6-80-0 with 13 targets.Gradkowski played only about 2 quarters and DHB stats for those 2 qtrs 5-74-0 with 9 targetsThe physical size and speed are similar.

And the only point I am trying to make is that DT is closer to DHB than Andre Johnson/Colston etc.

He is a very good prospect but he is not a stud yet.

moderated said:
starting him with unbridled confidence over Santana Moss and Steve Smith (car) who has a rookie QB throwing to him.
So you really think a rookie QB is going to be worse then Jake Delhomme or Matt Moore? Wow fellas

Lets compare apples to applesLast week DHB stats 6-80-0 with 13 targets.Gradkowski played only about 2 quarters and DHB stats for those 2 qtrs 5-74-0 with 9 targetsThe physical size and speed are similar.
You cherry picked DHB's last game (which happens to be the best game of his career to this point), after a season + in the league and compared it to D. Thomas debut, in which he only played a handful of series' without any TC or preseason - how exactly is that "apples to apples"?

Worried about all the DThomas fanboys on here but how would you rank these 3 waiver wire possibilities in a scoring distance league?

Mine:

1 DThomas

2 MClayton

3 Williams(TB)

You cherry picked DHB's last game (which happens to be the best game of his career to this point), after a season + in the league and compared it to D. Thomas debut, in which he only played a handful of series' without any TC or preseason - how exactly is that "apples to apples"?
No I compared DHB's last weeks game to DT's last weeks game. Isn't that about as apples to apples as you can get?

Worried about all the DThomas fanboys on here but how would you rank these 3 waiver wire possibilities in a scoring distance league?Mine:1 DThomas2 MClayton3 Williams(TB)
1. Clayton2. Williams3. Thomassubject to change but there seriously needs to be more time on Thomas to put him above the other two. The guy played one professional game and missed all of the preseason.

are you trying to tell me the demyt lovers arent cherrypicking his best/last game to justify him over long time high end fantasy wr performers?

No I compared DHB's last weeks game to DT's last weeks game. Isn't that about as apples to apples as you can get?
Ummm...no. By that logic Jason Snelling > Frank Gore and ADP, and there's about 35 RBs in the league better than Chris Johnson including Earnest Graham, Correl Buckhalter and Chris Grunkowski.

people get so worked up by hyperbole around here they lose rational thought. Can Thomas be good this year? Yes, of course, but don't lose your head over his first performance as a pro when he was absolutely an unknown quantity to the opposing side.

I'm glad I checked out this thread so everybody could fill me in on who they're starting Demaryius Thomas over. I was concerned about everybody's lineup situations this week. But now that that's settled, can someone point me to an informative thread on D.Thomas?

I'm glad I checked out this thread so everybody could fill me in on who they're starting Demaryius Thomas over. I was concerned about everybody's lineup situations this week. But now that that's settled, can someone point me to an informative thread on D.Thomas?
He's better than DHB. :goodposting:ETA: Actually sometimes the "I'm starting X over Y" at least gives you an idea of where people value a certain player in relation to other players - whcih is exactly what rankings are.

moderated said:
starting him with unbridled confidence over Santana Moss and Steve Smith (car) who has a rookie QB throwing to him.
So you really think a rookie QB is going to be worse then Jake Delhomme or Matt Moore? Wow fellas
In his first game and vs a high end defense? Yes I do think he will be worse than Delhomme and Moore.I wouldn't start DT over Smith but he is in a much better passing offense than Smith right now.

:goodposting: There were a lot of good facts on Thomas in the first couple of pages. What more are you looking for? Want to know his shoe size or something?

What is the difference between D.Thomas and D. Heyward-Bey other than the fact that DHB is a year older?
What is the similarity?
Wonder what kind of odds I could get that DHB outscores Dt over the next 6 weeks?
How about 13 weeks, since DT had no training camp and the team is basically working him on the fly.How about a simple sig bet? DT>DHB, your sig says "Double G is the FF foshizzle and a genius." DHB>DT, reversed (i.e. my sig will have "Dagwood is the FF foshizzle and a genius")

What is the similarity?
Wonder what kind of odds I could get that DHB outscores Dt over the next 6 weeks?
How about 13 weeks, since DT had no training camp and the team is basically working him on the fly.How about a simple sig bet? DT>DHB, your sig says "Double G is the FF foshizzle and a genius." DHB>DT, reversed (i.e. my sig will have "Dagwood is the FF foshizzle and a genius")
You proved my point if you think this is an even bet. I have been saying that I see the two in the same tier. Your crowd has been saying DT belongs in the AJ/Colston category.So if that is the case, I should get considerable odds for such a long shot bet.

What is the similarity?
You proved my point if you think this is an even bet. I have been saying that I see the two in the same tier. Your crowd has been saying DT belongs in the AJ/Colston category.So if that is the case, I should get considerable odds for such a long shot bet.
:lmao:It was a sig bet. Now you want odds? Good lord. I take it that's a no.

They are both young First round picks with great size, speed and athletic ability. The both are raw and need to develop their route running and receiver skills.

DT is on a better offense; DHB is a year older and has had 12 months to improve his deficiencies.

I don't think the difference is as great as some of you think.

Let's do a sig bet.

You proved my point that you think they are in the same tier and thus warrant a sig bet.

I said sig bet and now you want odds? :lmao: :shock:

I picked him up in 2 leagues. I'm sitting him for Best in one and for Knox in the other, although I have considered starting him over Knox.

The Broncos' goal is not to have a No. 1 receiver, according to Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post.
heh, not that i think this is literal, but thus far in the thread no one had mentioned that mcdaniels is arguably a negative for demaryius. he did only play 2 series last game. will mcdaniels let him play more? who knows, but i wouldnt trust a damn thing out of his mouth leading up to gameday.

I picked him up in 2 leagues. I'm sitting him for Best in one and for Knox in the other, although I have considered starting him over Knox.
i have this same decision and have been leaning demaryius over knox. i think demaryius has a higher ceiling but knox has a far higher floor.

for what its worth I spent $42.21 out of $100, I probably over paid but I wanted him as crabtree was my #3 and I think he has a solid shot at being a #1 this season.

hey guys no one cares about your sig bets

Thomas is a ballsy/risky play this week if your are sitting proven guys like Steve Smith for him, but it is not a stupid play imo. Depending on your own situation and outlook, it can make perfect sense or no sense. Thomas' upside is unknown, which can be a good thing. He could put up 0 catches or he could put up 12 catches. If you wanna shoot for the moon, go for it. The reasons he is so attractive are:

1. His first ever game last week after not playing in over a month

2. He is in good passing offense void of a real #1 WR

3. He is McDaniels guy that was handpicked to replace Brandon Marshall

4. He is not only an athletic freak with great football talent, but also very intelligent

hey guys no one cares about your sig betsThomas is a ballsy/risky play this week if your are sitting proven guys like Steve Smith for him, but it is not a stupid play imo. Depending on your own situation and outlook, it can make perfect sense or no sense. Thomas' upside is unknown, which can be a good thing. He could put up 0 catches or he could put up 12 catches. If you wanna shoot for the moon, go for it. The reasons he is so attractive are:1. His first ever game last week after not playing in over a month2. He is in good passing offense void of a real #1 WR3. He is McDaniels guy that was handpicked to replace Brandon Marshall4. He is not only an athletic freak with great football talent, but also very intelligent
If he caught 8 balls in only 2 series, just think what he can do when he plays the entire game.

And the only point I am trying to make is that DT is closer to DHB than Andre Johnson/Colston etc.He is a very good prospect but he is not a stud yet.
I agree with this. If I had Johnson and Colston I wouldn't start Thomas over them, but I don't. Thomas is a guy who was the top pick at his position and who is remarkably on a lot of waiver wires. He plays for a team that has been throwing a lot and being successful with some average WR talent. I don't think Marshall's 100 grabs last year will vanish in this O and suspect the cream will rise to the top at wideout with the best player getting a big chunk of those grabs. I view Thomas as an upside play for later in the year and a play this week for teams who have average WR talent at WR 3-4.

And the only point I am trying to make is that DT is closer to DHB than Andre Johnson/Colston etc.He is a very good prospect but he is not a stud yet.
I agree with this. If I had Johnson and Colston I wouldn't start Thomas over them, but I don't. Thomas is a guy who was the top pick at his position and who is remarkably on a lot of waiver wires. He plays for a team that has been throwing a lot and being successful with some average WR talent. I don't think Marshall's 100 grabs last year will vanish in this O and suspect the cream will rise to the top at wideout with the best player getting a big chunk of those grabs. I view Thomas as an upside play for later in the year and a play this week for teams who have average WR talent at WR 3-4.
good upside especially for the price (i.e. WW). kinda reminds me of the MSW 2009 or antonio bryant 2008 where they were talented WRs, not drafted in FF drafts and WW steals that helped teams get to the playoffs. if you're claiming DThomas, what do you have to lose? he's your WR#4 or 5 with potential to be WR#3 and POSSIBLY a WR#2. otherwise, he becomes WW fodder in a couple of weeks....

Starting him this week over Tampa Mike (vs Pitt) and Percy (busted hip). FYI, even though some of you won't give a ####.

nope can't watch them if you dont have it...really thinking about buying it now though...
I was able to see them by simply clicking the "OK" button. Not a subscriber.ETA: This is sweet that there is the ability to share these clips; perfect for FF.

I cant imagine the coach would want to sit this guy for no good reason. If he's healthy, he is going to play more and more each week. They didnt draft him that early to sit him on the sidelines to watch journeyman Jabar Gaffney and company.

Not to mention, they are going to need to throw this week. Figure Indy will put up about 4 scores.

Users who are viewing this thread