What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (8 Viewers)

Ok, PPR League - I need a #3 WR -

I have Randy Moss, H Nicks, Jabar Gaffney, Dez Bryant (BYE) Santonio Holmes (Back next week!)

MUST START 3

So, do I go with Gaffney or drop him for one of these guys on the WW:

Stefan Logan - Simply for his return yards which I get points for!

Jordy Nelson

Josh Morgan

Earl Bennett

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Blair White?

Pierre Garcon ? --Unlikely to Play?

------------------------------------------------

I think Gaffney is the safest best at #3...but I plan on dropping him for Garcon by days end Sunday!

Do you think I should let Jahvid Best sit on the bench this week? Tough Run D this week with his toe injury.

With the Bye weeks my options are limited

I picked up Ivory in case Thomas doesn't go-- no practice all week.

Darby is it really....If SJax doesn't play do I drop Ivory for him?

I dropped Brandon Jackson bc he has sucked every week and I expect nothing less than an air show in Green Bay

I'd rather take my chances with a goal line TD with Ivory--even with Thomas in who hasn't practiced one day this week.

I like KUHN but I am worried about them just airing it out, even though Det gives everyone tons of running room!

---------------------------------------------------

So, what are your THOUGHTS?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff

Standard PPR league: tackles = 1.5, TD = 6, Sack = 6

Need help picking one IDP out of the following for week #4:

1. Posluszny (Buf) vs NYJ

2. Chung (NE) @ Miami

3. Brackett (Ind) @ Jax

4. Ryans (Hou) @ Oak

5. Tulloch (Ten) @ Den

6. Flecher (Was) @ Philly

Thanks........

Hey Jeff, keep goin back and forth on RB starter here:

Tolbert @ ARZ

Spiller v NYJ

Betts v CAR

Torain @ PHI

If I start Spiller or Betts I have to start Torain or Tolbert at the flex, because I need a guy there in case Andre Johnson doesn't go, or I decide to sit him. Really a headache for me.

Tolbert - Mathews coming back too soon? Game could be out of reach quickly, he's a GL vulture already...

Spiller - could just be an overreaction to last week, but he showed the explosiveness I expected when I drafted him. 0.5 ppr, so all those screens mean more than just chances for a home run. Probably gets me 5 or 15 points, no in between.

Betts - if PT can't go, Betts looks to be the starter, as he ran with the first team offense all week. Simply by virtue of situation, could be a good one week plug in.

Torain - total gamble, based on Mathews coming back. If Mathews is healthy, then Tolbert doesn't get much and its worth a shot at the lotto on Torain doing something this week.

Right now I have Tolbert and Torain in, both my late guys. Spiller and Torain may be my best shot though... (Bradshaw is my #1 RB, these are for the RB2 and flex spot)

Hello Jeff, Standard Scoring....no ppr

Need two : Megatron, Colston,Floyd, S. Moss was considering the last two in this line.

Need Three: D Williams,McCoy, Bradshaw,Tolbert , Hightower, Barber on bye..........Darby on wire.

Thanks!!

Ok, PPR League - I need a #3 WR -

I have Randy Moss, H Nicks, Jabar Gaffney, Dez Bryant (BYE) Santonio Holmes (Back next week!)

MUST START 3

So, do I go with Gaffney or drop him for one of these guys on the WW:

Stefan Logan - Simply for his return yards which I get points for!

Jordy Nelson

Josh Morgan

Earl Bennett

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Blair White?

Pierre Garcon ? --Unlikely to Play?

I think Gaffney is the safest best at #3...but I plan on dropping him for Garcon by days end Sunday!

Do you think I should let Jahvid Best sit on the bench this week? Tough Run D this week with his toe injury.

With the Bye weeks my options are limited

I picked up Ivory in case Thomas doesn't go-- no practice all week.

Darby is it really....If SJax doesn't play do I drop Ivory for him?

I dropped Brandon Jackson bc he has sucked every week and I expect nothing less than an air show in Green Bay

I'd rather take my chances with a goal line TD with Ivory--even with Thomas in who hasn't practiced one day this week.

I like KUHN but I am worried about them just airing it out, even though Det gives everyone tons of running room!

---------------------------------------------------

So, what are your THOUGHTS?

Thanks!
Gaffney then Garcon is the right move.At RB, I would go with Betts if he is available. Is Green-Ellis available? He and Betts look to be the best spot starters. Darby is not a bad consolation prize if nothing else is left. I would avoid Kuhn and Ivory.

Hi JeffStandard PPR league: tackles = 1.5, TD = 6, Sack = 6Need help picking one IDP out of the following for week #4:1. Posluszny (Buf) vs NYJ2. Chung (NE) @ Miami3. Brackett (Ind) @ Jax4. Ryans (Hou) @ Oak 5. Tulloch (Ten) @ Den6. Flecher (Was) @ PhillyThanks........
I am not the best IDPer, but Tulloch or Ryans would be my plays. Those two are close

Hey Jeff, keep goin back and forth on RB starter here:Tolbert @ ARZSpiller v NYJBetts v CARTorain @ PHIIf I start Spiller or Betts I have to start Torain or Tolbert at the flex, because I need a guy there in case Andre Johnson doesn't go, or I decide to sit him. Really a headache for me.Tolbert - Mathews coming back too soon? Game could be out of reach quickly, he's a GL vulture already...Spiller - could just be an overreaction to last week, but he showed the explosiveness I expected when I drafted him. 0.5 ppr, so all those screens mean more than just chances for a home run. Probably gets me 5 or 15 points, no in between.Betts - if PT can't go, Betts looks to be the starter, as he ran with the first team offense all week. Simply by virtue of situation, could be a good one week plug in. Torain - total gamble, based on Mathews coming back. If Mathews is healthy, then Tolbert doesn't get much and its worth a shot at the lotto on Torain doing something this week. Right now I have Tolbert and Torain in, both my late guys. Spiller and Torain may be my best shot though... (Bradshaw is my #1 RB, these are for the RB2 and flex spot)
I would go with betts and tolbert ... with betts at rb and andre johnson as the option if jhnson looks good to go (which is a stretch)

Hello Jeff, Standard Scoring....no ppr

Need two : Megatron, Colston,Floyd, S. Moss because they are the two playing the best was considering the last two in this line.

Need Three: D Williams,McCoy, Bradshaw easiest calls,Tolbert , Hightower, Barber on bye..........Darby on wire.

I would lean Hightower over DWilliams, but it is close.

Thanks!!

Hi Jeff, I've been offered Ray Rice for Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in a 10 team dynasty with standard scoring. What do you think? My roster looks like this:QB- Peyton, RyanRB- ADP, Turner, Greene, Charles, Lynch, SnellingWR- Smith (Car), Calvin, OchoCinco, MSW, Floyd, Smith (NYG), Collie
I would pass. You would be selling low on Charles/Calvin. It is not as though Rice is scoring well.
Thanks for your previous help on this...I agreed and had rejected the trade. He recently sent me an offer of Shonn Greene and Jamaal Charles for Ray Rice. My main decision is whether 2 current RB2's (and possible future RB1s) are worth a current RB1 when I already have two RB1s on my roster. Sure, my roster has more visual appeal having three top 8 running backs, but is my ROSTER really better? Maybe I get an extra 5 points per week playing matchups between Turner and Rice, but I would be trading away two guys that could be RB1s when my current duo of ADP/Turner are falling to RB2 status.If I didn't own Turner and thought I was in a "win now" mode I would do this deal in a heartbeat...Don't get me wrong, I do realize I am in a win now mode, but I believe my roster is set up to be in that same mode 5 years from now because of my depth. Do I sell my future for the present (because the future is always unknown) or do I hold tight and trust my depth?Thanks.

Jeff,

Ok, I need your opinion on the Kolb/Vick situation. Gradkowski may be available on wire. I've just been riding Vick up to now with Kolb on the roster as his bu.

Thanks.!!

Does BJE score more than R. Williams tonight i HOPE?

Hoping you might know more than I do about Pierre Garcon's return status.

I want to drop Jabar Gaffney for a WR with more upside as the season moves on since he was dropped.

I have Randy Moss, H Nicks, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams (TB), and Santonio Holmes (this week :shock: )

Do you think its a good move?

I have Mason Crosby ---- Should I drop him for Carney? I need more than an extra points kicker.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, I've been offered Ray Rice for Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in a 10 team dynasty with standard scoring. What do you think? My roster looks like this:QB- Peyton, RyanRB- ADP, Turner, Greene, Charles, Lynch, SnellingWR- Smith (Car), Calvin, OchoCinco, MSW, Floyd, Smith (NYG), Collie
I would pass. You would be selling low on Charles/Calvin. It is not as though Rice is scoring well.
Thanks for your previous help on this...I agreed and had rejected the trade. He recently sent me an offer of Shonn Greene and Jamaal Charles for Ray Rice. My main decision is whether 2 current RB2's (and possible future RB1s) are worth a current RB1 when I already have two RB1s on my roster. Sure, my roster has more visual appeal having three top 8 running backs, but is my ROSTER really better? Maybe I get an extra 5 points per week playing matchups between Turner and Rice, but I would be trading away two guys that could be RB1s when my current duo of ADP/Turner are falling to RB2 status.If I didn't own Turner and thought I was in a "win now" mode I would do this deal in a heartbeat...Don't get me wrong, I do realize I am in a win now mode, but I believe my roster is set up to be in that same mode 5 years from now because of my depth. Do I sell my future for the present (because the future is always unknown) or do I hold tight and trust my depth?Thanks.
I would stay put on that one. You have two good young RBs, no need selling

Jeff,Ok, I need your opinion on the Kolb/Vick situation. Gradkowski may be available on wire. I've just been riding Vick up to now with Kolb on the roster as his bu.Thanks.!!Does BJE score more than R. Williams tonight i HOPE?
I would give Kolb a week ... you only need a QB to cover the bye. Grads is not an upgrade

Hoping you might know more than I do about Pierre Garcon's return status.

I want to drop Jabar Gaffney for a WR with more upside as the season moves on since he was dropped.

I have Randy Moss, H Nicks, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams (TB), and Santonio Holmes (this week :goodposting: )

Do you think its a good move?

I have Mason Crosby ---- Should I drop him for Carney? I need more than an extra points kicker.

Thanks!
I would keep Crosby over Carney, esp since who knows if he will keep the job long term. I like Garcon over Gaffney esp if neither is a starter. Better upside on your bench.

1/30 pass

1/15 rec

0.5 per rec

0.5 per comp

-0.25 per inc

all TDs 6

1/10 rush

I have been offered Romo and S Moss for Vick and Andre Johnson. I have Roddy White and Randy Moss, but I have been starting Andre at the flex, prior to injury. MW Tampa is my 4th receiver...

Right now, if Vick is out, I play Kolb or Henne. I hate carrying 3 QBs, but I picked up Kolb as soon as Vick got hurt. QBs are really valuable in our league, Vick's injury put me at a 35 point deficit to Manning and cost me a win this week.

Should I take this, or do I try to send Randy Moss instead of Andre? Would it be just as good for me to ask for Orton (his other QB) and Santana for Vick/Randy if he won't take Moss in the Romo deal? I just have a hard time gauging all of this with Vick's potential (he was QB2 pre-injury in only 2.5 games) if he comes back quickly vs Romo's bye already being gone...

Heya Jeff~

I put in a waiver for Torain. Dropping BJGE. After the game last night though, that kid looks great. Should I move ahead or cancel the waiver request?

Drop Hernandez for Pettigrew, Lewis,or other waiver te bye week

or drop one of my defenses........sd or kc......been using committee

thanks.

Instinctive said:
1/30 pass1/15 rec0.5 per rec0.5 per comp-0.25 per incall TDs 61/10 rushI have been offered Romo and S Moss for Vick and Andre Johnson. I have Roddy White and Randy Moss, but I have been starting Andre at the flex, prior to injury. MW Tampa is my 4th receiver...Right now, if Vick is out, I play Kolb or Henne. I hate carrying 3 QBs, but I picked up Kolb as soon as Vick got hurt. QBs are really valuable in our league, Vick's injury put me at a 35 point deficit to Manning and cost me a win this week. Should I take this, or do I try to send Randy Moss instead of Andre? Would it be just as good for me to ask for Orton (his other QB) and Santana for Vick/Randy if he won't take Moss in the Romo deal? I just have a hard time gauging all of this with Vick's potential (he was QB2 pre-injury in only 2.5 games) if he comes back quickly vs Romo's bye already being gone...
I would not give AJ ... moss, sure. But, not AJ. Romo is more attractive than Romo only because people are down on Romo ... plus he has had his bye already, which is big

Heya Jeff~ I put in a waiver for Torain. Dropping BJGE. After the game last night though, that kid looks great. Should I move ahead or cancel the waiver request?
I would drop Mason instead. But, longterm, I prefer BJGE. He looks the better of the two. Plus, Torain's injury history is lengthy

non PPR 12 team league

RBs are D. Williams, McFadden, Moreno and Barber and have a RB roster limit of 4.

I'm #2 on the waiver order. Should I drop Barber for M. Bush? Barber hasn't really done anything so far this year. Dallas doesn't seem committed to the run and now Jerry Jones says Felix should touch the ball more. Seems obvious that I should make this waiver claim but I'm reluctant for some reason. Your advice?

couple things in each of my leagues here jeff, need your help, thanks!

for starters, after 0-2 starts im back in it after a couple of wins in each league. thanks largely in part to your help so thanks again.

league 1 10 team

ppr, 1/10, 6 td

start qb, 2rb, 3wr, te, k, d - roster limits us to set rbs and wrs

Ive got at RB - Gore, Rice, Addai, McGahee

-----some guys on the waiver wire are MBush (i just dropped), M Bell, Tolbert, FJackson, MLynch, Torain

ANY OF THEM WORTH TAKING A FLYER ON, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE BEST FOR THE LONG HAUL?

Ive got at WR - Jennings, Nicks, Bowe, Jac Jones, Meachem

-----couple guys on waiver wire are Mason, Moore, Amendola, Gaffney, Mike Thomas

MEACHEM HAS BEEN AWFUL FOR ME, AND BOWE HASN'T CUT IT. . . ANYONE WORTH GRABBING THERE?

Ive got at QB - Orton, Flacco (thanks for that call last week!)

------FA qbs are Favre, Kolb, Hill, VY, Cassell

WHO DO I START THIS WEEK AND DO I PICK UP ANY OF THE FA'S FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, is Orton legit?

league 2 - auction keeper 12 team

ppr, 1/40 ret, 1/10, 6 td, .5/comp 4 pass td

start qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te, k, d

Ive got at RB - Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, Stewart

-----guys available on waiver are : Mike Bell, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, John Kuhn

DO I CONTINUE TO HANG ONTO STEWART AND WELLS OR TAKE A SHOT ON ONE OF THESE GUYS

Ive got at QB - Vick Cutler

-----kolb is a FA, others are hill, hasselback, garrard, freeman

GONNA KEEP EM BOTH AND GO CUTLER BUT IF HE'S OUT TOO, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

non PPR 12 team leagueRBs are D. Williams, McFadden, Moreno and Barber and have a RB roster limit of 4. I'm #2 on the waiver order. Should I drop Barber for M. Bush? Barber hasn't really done anything so far this year. Dallas doesn't seem committed to the run and now Jerry Jones says Felix should touch the ball more. Seems obvious that I should make this waiver claim but I'm reluctant for some reason. Your advice?
yes, I would make that move

couple things in each of my leagues here jeff, need your help, thanks!

for starters, after 0-2 starts im back in it after a couple of wins in each league. thanks largely in part to your help so thanks again.

league 1 10 team

ppr, 1/10, 6 td

start qb, 2rb, 3wr, te, k, d - roster limits us to set rbs and wrs

Ive got at RB - Gore, Rice, Addai, McGahee

-----some guys on the waiver wire are MBush (i just dropped), M Bell, Tolbert, FJackson, MLynch, Torain

ANY OF THEM WORTH TAKING A FLYER ON, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE BEST FOR THE LONG HAUL? I would take MBush for this week or FJax/Lynch for the long-term

Ive got at WR - Jennings, Nicks, Bowe, Jac Jones, Meachem

-----couple guys on waiver wire are Mason, Moore, Amendola, Gaffney, Mike Thomas

MEACHEM HAS BEEN AWFUL FOR ME, AND BOWE HASN'T CUT IT. . . ANYONE WORTH GRABBING THERE? I like Moore & Gaffney. Both play on pass offenses

Ive got at QB - Orton, Flacco (thanks for that call last week!)

------FA qbs are Favre, Kolb, Hill, VY, Cassell

WHO DO I START THIS WEEK AND DO I PICK UP ANY OF THE FA'S FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, is Orton legit? I would take Orton as long as he is playing well

league 2 - auction keeper 12 team

ppr, 1/40 ret, 1/10, 6 td, .5/comp 4 pass td

start qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te, k, d

Ive got at RB - Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, Stewart

-----guys available on waiver are : Mike Bell, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, John Kuhn

DO I CONTINUE TO HANG ONTO STEWART AND WELLS OR TAKE A SHOT ON ONE OF THESE GUYS Keep your guys

Ive got at QB - Vick Cutler

-----kolb is a FA, others are hill, hasselback, garrard, freeman

GONNA KEEP EM BOTH AND GO CUTLER BUT IF HE'S OUT TOO, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I love Hill this week, and Vick will be back soon.

I own Rice, Best, Foster, and Hillis, and I want to trade one of them for Andre Johnson. The guy that owns him in our league (10 player, PPR) is desperate for a RB. Which one should I offer?

I own Rice, Best, Foster, and Hillis, and I want to trade one of them for Andre Johnson. The guy that owns him in our league (10 player, PPR) is desperate for a RB. Which one should I offer?
If redraft, I would offer Best. He is hobbled and the other three are producing very well. If dynasty, I would offer Hillis.

Hi Jeff – I’m wondering if there is an opportunity here. Michael Bush for Darren McFadden?

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart

WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSW

TE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Atl K: Rackers

His Team: QB: Vick, Bradford

RB: Rice, McFadden, Charles

WR: Fitzgerald, Smith Car, Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, Houshmandzadeh

TE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding

He’s 1-3, McFadden may be injured, Rice underperforming.

1. Is M. Bush for McFadden an offer to consider making? If indeed McFadden is out for a week or so, would he want to swap him out for M. Bush to have another RB to play?

2. Along with this is the real question…who is the better option going forward? If this is just McFadden’s first of many typical injuries, then Bush is the one to keep, and it would be crazy to trade him. But if Oakland really thinks McFadden’s versatility gives him an edge, then maybe it would be worthwhile to pick him up as a fill-in for later in the year.

3. I guess I’m also assuming that Ray Rice is underperforming so much that maybe I don’t find a way to include either him or Vernon Davis in a trade offer?

Do you have any opinions on these?

Thx!

Hi Jeff – I’m wondering if there is an opportunity here. Michael Bush for Darren McFadden?12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Atl K: RackersHis Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: Rice, McFadden, CharlesWR: Fitzgerald, Smith Car, Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, HoushmandzadehTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding He’s 1-3, McFadden may be injured, Rice underperforming. 1. Is M. Bush for McFadden an offer to consider making? If indeed McFadden is out for a week or so, would he want to swap him out for M. Bush to have another RB to play? 2. Along with this is the real question…who is the better option going forward? If this is just McFadden’s first of many typical injuries, then Bush is the one to keep, and it would be crazy to trade him. But if Oakland really thinks McFadden’s versatility gives him an edge, then maybe it would be worthwhile to pick him up as a fill-in for later in the year.3. I guess I’m also assuming that Ray Rice is underperforming so much that maybe I don’t find a way to include either him or Vernon Davis in a trade offer?Do you have any opinions on these?Thx!
I would keep Bush. McFadden seems to always be injured. As far as Rice, he is nicked. I would try to trade for him just for the end of the season.

Work league 14 teams, I'm 4-0 and doing well however may be able to deal LT for Austin

PPR, 6pr td league, 1 per 25 passing, 1 per 10 rush/rec

Currently I start

Brady

MJD

Pierre Thomas (banged up)

Calvin Johnson

Hakeem Nicks

Gates (WR/TE) Slot

Bench is solid where LT has been subing in for Thomas, and I also have Hightower but he's worthless with Beanie back, I also have Green-Ellis and Bernard Scott

Depth at WR is Dwayne Bowe and Heyward Bey

Do I do this trade and then try to shop Bowe or Nicks for a RB since they won't sniff my lineup, or stay put as I have nice depth at RB.

I don't think anyone will give up a RB

quick one jeff,

reaction to Moss deal. . .

how high does Brett's value go? i could keep 2 of Orton, Favre, Flacco (1/comp, 6 td, 1/25 yd)

What does this do for Tate in a PPR league that rewards return yardage? does he have upside? id drop breaston or mike wallace to make room as my 4/5 wr.

any other thoughts to the effects of this deal?

Hey, start sit issue, potentially, again.

Assuming Andre Johnson can't go, I need 2 of these three:

Torain v GB

Santana Moss v GB

Spiller v JAC

Lynch gone, Jacksonville is a poor road team, and I see a recipe for Spiller to have a huge game even with Fred Jackson getting 20 or so carries. Right now, I have Torain and Spiller playing RB and flex, so I could put Moss into the flex, or MW Tampa.

If Andre Johnson sits again, then I need 3 guys, and Tampa Mike becomes more of an option. Hopefully don't have to go there though.

Hey Jeff. I have been offered D Clark and Santana Moss for Z Miller and Hicks. we start 2rbs 2wrs a flex and 1te. non ppr

RBS:

MJD, Bradshaw, Addai, Wells, R Jennings, D Brown and Snelling

WR:

Austin, Marshall and Hicks

TE:

Zack Miller(OAK)

Miller Greshan

Right now Hicks is a bye week / flex, I may use him more with matchups if he is consistent. I plan on 3 rbs every week unless Wells doesnt pan out. So if I trade I get a nice te upgrade even though Z Miller is finally looking stud-like. downgrade at WR but other than this week, I dont plan on using him much.

Also Marshall is on a byr this week so Hicks or Moss will start this week. Miller an Hicks have nice matchups this week too.

On a side note would you trade Snelling for Jacobs?

Thanks

Wdis questions Jeff,

Start 2 plus rbwr flex: D williams,McCoy and Bradshaw may be gimpy,Barber, Hightower,Tolbert

2 wr's: Megatron,Floyd, S.Moss,Colston 'garcon was on wire, but don't know who i would drop.

Thanks

Hi Jeff – I’m wondering if there is an opportunity here. Michael Bush for Darren McFadden?12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Atl K: RackersHis Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: Rice, McFadden, CharlesWR: Fitzgerald, Smith Car, Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, HoushmandzadehTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding He’s 1-3, McFadden may be injured, Rice underperforming. 1. Is M. Bush for McFadden an offer to consider making? If indeed McFadden is out for a week or so, would he want to swap him out for M. Bush to have another RB to play? 2. Along with this is the real question…who is the better option going forward? If this is just McFadden’s first of many typical injuries, then Bush is the one to keep, and it would be crazy to trade him. But if Oakland really thinks McFadden’s versatility gives him an edge, then maybe it would be worthwhile to pick him up as a fill-in for later in the year.3. I guess I’m also assuming that Ray Rice is underperforming so much that maybe I don’t find a way to include either him or Vernon Davis in a trade offer?Do you have any opinions on these?Thx!
I would keep Bush. McFadden seems to always be injured. As far as Rice, he is nicked. I would try to trade for him just for the end of the season.
Hi Jeff - wasn't quite sure what you meant about Rice. I think you're saying that since he's nicked up a bit now, that he'd be a good player to go after so I could have him for the rest of the year...right? Or is he so nicked up that you think wait and maybe try again after about week 10 or 11?

Hi Jeff......

RB options....PPR League

I have McCoy(ribs), Best ( Who is also questionable with his toe injury ), Reggie Bush (leg) & Torain.

LeSean McCoy's status this week is very unclear.

Mike Bell is dealing with a knee injury as well. But, I know what he did in New Orleans last season.

Tough matchup this week but he is there only option if McCoy can't go...

If I have to handcuff somebody McCoy would be my choice over Reggie Bush with the guys below, right?

Pierre Thomas's status remains in question for week 5.

Ladell Betts and Chris Ivory are both in line for a big week against a pathetic Arizona run D if Thomas is out.

Darren Sproles is an option because of his return yards that I earn on punts/kick-offs & he gets a carry here and there.

Torain is my only guarantee this week at RB.

I'm hoping McCoy goes and I can start him & Torain.

Would you grab any of the players mentioned above?

-----------------------------------------------------------

If your answer is yes, I need to drop 1 of my WR's. I have R Moss,H Nicks,Dez Bryant,Pierre Garcon,Santonio Holmes & Mike Williams (TB)

Who would you drop? I'm leaning towards MWilliams.

Should I wait for more news later this week before I make a move? I don't want to drop Mike Williams if its not going to help my roster.

Or would you just stand pat?

Thanks Again!

Jeff,

My fantasy team, see signature, is falling part and it all points to the glaring weakness at RB (lost Grant and Reggie bush). I tried to address it this past week by sending Kevin Walter to Forsett only to have Lynch, who I just dropped for Eddie Royal, being traded to Seattle. Due to my horrible waiver spot, don't get me started on the BS league rules, I have missed out on pretty every RB available. Do you have any thoughts? Should I try to trade Boldin or Megatron for a #1/2 RB? We start 3 WR with two WR/RB flex spots. I am also in a quandry this week with Vick/Big Ben both being unavailable and having to use a roster spot on an additional QB instead of a defense to cover the Steelers. I hate to drop Cadillac, as that would leave me with just 3 RBs but I don't see much other choice.

Mike Bell, Christopher Ivory, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, and John Kuhn are the best RBs available on waivers that I can find (Starks is available if you believe the hype).

HELP!!

Work league 14 teams, I'm 4-0 and doing well LT for Austin deal

and now Im hurting at RB depth Would you trade Bowe my 5th WR and Green Ellis for Ronnie Brown?

PPR, 6pr td league, 1 per 25 passing, 1 per 10 rush/rec

Currently I start

Brady

MJD

Pierre Thomas (banged up)

Calvin Johnson

Gates (WR/TE) Slot

Austin

Depth at WR is Dwayne Bowe and Heyward Bey and now Nicks

RB is Hightower and Green Ellis

Do I send Bowe and Ellis for Brown?

I don't think anyone will give up a RB

Work league 14 teams, I'm 4-0 and doing well however may be able to deal LT for AustinPPR, 6pr td league, 1 per 25 passing, 1 per 10 rush/recCurrently I startBradyMJDPierre Thomas (banged up)Calvin JohnsonHakeem Nicks Gates (WR/TE) SlotBench is solid where LT has been subing in for Thomas, and I also have Hightower but he's worthless with Beanie back, I also have Green-Ellis and Bernard ScottDepth at WR is Dwayne Bowe and Heyward BeyDo I do this trade and then try to shop Bowe or Nicks for a RB since they won't sniff my lineup, or stay put as I have nice depth at RB. I don't think anyone will give up a RB
austin>>>> lt in PPR league ... easy one

quick one jeff,

reaction to Moss deal. . .

how high does Brett's value go? i could keep 2 of Orton, Favre, Flacco (1/comp, 6 td, 1/25 yd)

What does this do for Tate in a PPR league that rewards return yardage? does he have upside? id drop breaston or mike wallace to make room as my 4/5 wr.

any other thoughts to the effects of this deal?
I think I might keep Tate over Breaston only because Breaston is a free agent next year.I would look to trade Favre asap while people are still dreaming of the 2009 season totals

Hey, start sit issue, potentially, again.Assuming Andre Johnson can't go, I need 2 of these three:Torain v GBSantana Moss v GBSpiller v JACLynch gone, Jacksonville is a poor road team, and I see a recipe for Spiller to have a huge game even with Fred Jackson getting 20 or so carries. Right now, I have Torain and Spiller playing RB and flex, so I could put Moss into the flex, or MW Tampa.If Andre Johnson sits again, then I need 3 guys, and Tampa Mike becomes more of an option. Hopefully don't have to go there though.
AJ should play. I would sit Spiller as I expect the two skins to put up points this week while playing from behind

atcdav said:
Hey Jeff. I have been offered D Clark and Santana Moss for Z Miller and Hicks. we start 2rbs 2wrs a flex and 1te. non pprRBS: MJD, Bradshaw, Addai, Wells, R Jennings, D Brown and Snelling WR: Austin, Marshall and Hicks TE:Zack Miller(OAK) Miller Greshan Right now Hicks is a bye week / flex, I may use him more with matchups if he is consistent. I plan on 3 rbs every week unless Wells doesnt pan out. So if I trade I get a nice te upgrade even though Z Miller is finally looking stud-like. downgrade at WR but other than this week, I dont plan on using him much. Also Marshall is on a byr this week so Hicks or Moss will start this week. Miller an Hicks have nice matchups this week too_On a side note would you trade Snelling for Jacobs?Thanks
If this is a redraft league, I would make the deal to improve your starters. In dynasty, I would pass with the age of the two you are giving

bighead2000 said:
Wdis questions Jeff,

Start 2 plus rbwr flex: D williams,McCoy and Bradshaw may be gimpy,Barber, Hightower,Tolbert

2 wr's: Megatron,Floyd, S.Moss,Colston 'garcon was on wire, but don't know who i would drop.

Thanks
McCoy is out and the other two are tough to start. Need to start the three wrs

football newbie said:
Hi Jeff - wasn't quite sure what you meant about Rice. I think you're saying that since he's nicked up a bit now, that he'd be a good player to go after so I could have him for the rest of the year...right? Or is he so nicked up that you think wait and maybe try again after about week 10 or 11?
sorry for not being clear. Buy low now since many are worried about his health. When the Baltimore weather gets bad, they will run often.

tate516 said:
Hi Jeff......

RB options....PPR League

I have McCoy(ribs), Best ( Who is also questionable with his toe injury ), Reggie Bush (leg) & Torain.

LeSean McCoy's status this week is very unclear.

Mike Bell is dealing with a knee injury as well. But, I know what he did in New Orleans last season.

Tough matchup this week but he is there only option if McCoy can't go...

If I have to handcuff somebody McCoy would be my choice over Reggie Bush with the guys below, right?

Pierre Thomas's status remains in question for week 5.

Ladell Betts and Chris Ivory are both in line for a big week against a pathetic Arizona run D if Thomas is out.

Darren Sproles is an option because of his return yards that I earn on punts/kick-offs & he gets a carry here and there.

Torain is my only guarantee this week at RB.

I'm hoping McCoy goes and I can start him & Torain.

Would you grab any of the players mentioned above?

If your answer is yes, I need to drop 1 of my WR's. I have R Moss,H Nicks,Dez Bryant,Pierre Garcon,Santonio Holmes & Mike Williams (TB)

Who would you drop? I'm leaning towards MWilliams.

Should I wait for more news later this week before I make a move? I don't want to drop Mike Williams if its not going to help my roster.

Or would you just stand pat?

Thanks Again!
I would drop Dez for Bell and play him if Mccoy is out

Jeff,My fantasy team, see signature, is falling part and it all points to the glaring weakness at RB (lost Grant and Reggie bush). I tried to address it this past week by sending Kevin Walter to Forsett only to have Lynch, who I just dropped for Eddie Royal, being traded to Seattle. Due to my horrible waiver spot, don't get me started on the BS league rules, I have missed out on pretty every RB available. Do you have any thoughts? Should I try to trade Boldin or Megatron for a #1/2 RB? We start 3 WR with two WR/RB flex spots. I am also in a quandry this week with Vick/Big Ben both being unavailable and having to use a roster spot on an additional QB instead of a defense to cover the Steelers. I hate to drop Cadillac, as that would leave me with just 3 RBs but I don't see much other choice.Mike Bell, Christopher Ivory, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, and John Kuhn are the best RBs available on waivers that I can find (Starks is available if you believe the hype).HELP!!
bell is a starter this week with mccoy presumably out. I might see how he does before moving a WR. But, I would move Boldin for a good RB1 in a hearhtbeat. WRs are easier to find.

Work league 14 teams, I'm 4-0 and doing well LT for Austin dealand now Im hurting at RB depth Would you trade Bowe my 5th WR and Green Ellis for Ronnie Brown?PPR, 6pr td league, 1 per 25 passing, 1 per 10 rush/recCurrently I startBradyMJDPierre Thomas (banged up)Calvin JohnsonGates (WR/TE) SlotAustin Depth at WR is Dwayne Bowe and Heyward Bey and now NicksRB is Hightower and Green EllisDo I send Bowe and Ellis for Brown?I don't think anyone will give up a RB
not liking what I see from Brown. Might look to go after an injured one like mccoy or moreno and find a way to make do in the short term. But, I do not like bowe much so giving him up is no big deal

Jeff,My fantasy team, see signature, is falling part and it all points to the glaring weakness at RB (lost Grant and Reggie bush). I tried to address it this past week by sending Kevin Walter to Forsett only to have Lynch, who I just dropped for Eddie Royal, being traded to Seattle. Due to my horrible waiver spot, don't get me started on the BS league rules, I have missed out on pretty every RB available. Do you have any thoughts? Should I try to trade Boldin or Megatron for a #1/2 RB? We start 3 WR with two WR/RB flex spots. I am also in a quandry this week with Vick/Big Ben both being unavailable and having to use a roster spot on an additional QB instead of a defense to cover the Steelers. I hate to drop Cadillac, as that would leave me with just 3 RBs but I don't see much other choice.Mike Bell, Christopher Ivory, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, and John Kuhn are the best RBs available on waivers that I can find (Starks is available if you believe the hype).HELP!!
bell is a starter this week with mccoy presumably out. I might see how he does before moving a WR. But, I would move Boldin for a good RB1 in a hearhtbeat. WRs are easier to find.
who would you drop for bell if mccoy is out?

who would you drop for bell if mccoy is out?
forsett or caddy.

Do you like any of these deals for me?

My roster and scoring details

16 team dynasty ppr

Start 1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1wr/te

QB Matt Ryan, ryan Fitzpatrick

RB McCoy, McFadden, Forsett, washington, Bernard scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny woodhead, Ben Tate IR

WR Calvin Johnson, Roddy white, James Jones, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, Nananee, Blair White

TE Dresden, Shefller

Trade A

I get Mike Bell for James Jones

or

Trade B

I get Keilland Williams, Mike Bell, Steve Smith NYG and Zach Miller Oak

Trade C

I give James Jones, Calvin Johnson, Tony Sheffler

Trade D

I give

McFadden, fitzpatrick and lee evans

I get mcNabb, Hester, and LT

Trade E

I give up

Fitzpatrick, woodhead, Dixon and Mcfadden

i get

Felix Jones, Golden Tate, Brian Hartline, and Dwyer

Do you like any of these deals for me?

My roster and scoring details

16 team dynasty ppr

Start 1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1wr/te

QB Matt Ryan, ryan Fitzpatrick

RB McCoy, McFadden, Forsett, washington, Bernard scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny woodhead, Ben Tate IR

WR Calvin Johnson, Roddy white, James Jones, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, Nananee, Blair White

TE Dresden, Shefller

Trade A

I get Mike Bell for James Jones

or

Trade B

I get Keilland Williams, Mike Bell, Steve Smith NYG and Zach Miller Oak

Trade C

I give James Jones, Calvin Johnson, Tony Sheffler

Trade D

I give

McFadden, fitzpatrick and lee evans

I get mcNabb, Hester, and LT