What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vincent Jackson's Return (wk 12) (2 Viewers)

How many players have we seen that come off a long, extended hold out and either have conditioning problems or pull something the minute they are back?
He's been practicing with the team for weeks. I see no reason why this should be any different than week #1 of the NFL season.Starting him with extreme confidence.

I am having a hard time with this one. FBGs has VJ rated really high and I am wondering if that is just the hype or what. Other than he is in the right situation, what other rationale are people using to justify this? :shrug: How many players have we seen that come off a long, extended hold out and either have conditioning problems or pull something the minute they are back? If I had a dollar for how many times you have heard an announcer talk about, "Well so and so is going to have to get used to GAME SPEED vs just practice speed" when talking about a player post-hold out.I have CJ, Austin, Tampa Mike, Hines Ward and VJ and can only start 2. CJ will be in, but just don't know if I am willing to take a chance on benching Austin to take a gamble on VJ.
I would take my chances with VJ, and of course I'm not saying Austin won't out-perform him this week, but like others have said: he has fresh legs, he is the BEST target right now on that team in a PASS HAPPY offense and this game would appear to have the makings of a shoot out. Austin got how many targets last week? Granted he had a couple TDs but would you really be surprised if VJAX ended up with double digit targets in that offense this week?

How many players have we seen that come off a long, extended hold out and either have conditioning problems or pull something the minute they are back?
He's been practicing with the team for weeks. I see no reason why this should be any different than week #1 of the NFL season.Starting him with extreme confidence.
I have made the decision I am too, I was just looking to see if there was some angle I was missing to ease my mind over the decision. I would be happy with 80 yards and a TD from him. Anything else would be gravy....

I, personally, am seriously considering playing him ahead of Miles Austin. FBG rankings agrees that's the move.

Lost Nicks and BMW this week, but I was going to start him over BMW anyway, maybe. With Rivers throwing the ball and limited other recievers whats the hang-up?

I have Bowe and Colston starting over him. Lots of upside, but lots of risk for his first game back from a LONG layoff.

I am actually torn on this. I have to choose 2 of the below (PPR):

Dwayne Bowe

Larry Fitzgerald

Vincent Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Lineup Dominator has me going Fitz/Jax so that's what I am doing. But I keep picking the wrong 2 receivers in this league. Last week I started Nicks/Fitz (who both had good games), but Bowe/Holmes blew up. Of course I am starting Bradshaw/Morris at RB, so the team has a few issues.

No question about it....this is the reason I rostered him all year, for a week like this.

He should be the feature right from the get-go and this could be a high scoring affair....starting with confidence :)

Ok guys calm down, temper your expectations this week for VJ. You have been warned!

Its nice for the lack of depth right now for Rivers, but he could just as easily be used as a decoy, not be in on all the snaps, yada yada

And remember VJ could care less if the Chargers go to the playoffs/sb
Did he tell you this personally or do you have a link? No you dont because you are speculating because thats probably what you would do were you in his shoes but this line of thinking is flawed for the following reasons:1. He doesnt have a ring and sure could use one. Those rings sure are purtty

2. He is still good friends with all his team mates and coaches- The GM sucks but all the Chargers players know that.

3. There is no guarantee that the team he plays for next year or the next 10 years wins a super bowl so every year counts

4. The better he looks playing now the more interested other teams will be- see Michael Vick. Jackson wants those suspensions and driving under the influence chargers to be the last thing on GM's minds.

I could go on but you get the point.

Jackson this week will be huge considering him, T.O. and Harvin for my #3 WR position this week and VJ may get the gig.
You seriously going to bench TO for VJ this week? wtfAll your reasons are weak sauce, and Vick is staying in Philly he ain't going anywhere else
Now do you seriously see why I benched him? Get back to me now after VJ goes off Sunday. :thumbup:

I put him in my lineup this morning as WR3 over Johnny Knox and Steve Smith (car)
How do you know he'll be the WR3 and not WR1. Maybe there should be leagues where you have to rate your own players BEFORE the week starts and if you're right in your ranking of your own team, you get bonus points.Otherwise, whether you put in VJax as your WR3 or WR1, as long as he's starting it doesn't really matter, as long as he gets more points than both of the two you put him in over.I think with Gates out, Floyd nicked up and Patrick Crayton out, anything less than 80 yards and a TD would be a disappointment.I do think the Bolts will try and pound it up the middle with Tolbert but even with that said, they'll have to throw some.

Ok guys calm down, temper your expectations this week for VJ. You have been warned!

Its nice for the lack of depth right now for Rivers, but he could just as easily be used as a decoy, not be in on all the snaps, yada yada

And remember VJ could care less if the Chargers go to the playoffs/sb
Did he tell you this personally or do you have a link? No you dont because you are speculating because thats probably what you would do were you in his shoes but this line of thinking is flawed for the following reasons:1. He doesnt have a ring and sure could use one. Those rings sure are purtty

2. He is still good friends with all his team mates and coaches- The GM sucks but all the Chargers players know that.

3. There is no guarantee that the team he plays for next year or the next 10 years wins a super bowl so every year counts

4. The better he looks playing now the more interested other teams will be- see Michael Vick. Jackson wants those suspensions and driving under the influence chargers to be the last thing on GM's minds.

I could go on but you get the point.

Jackson this week will be huge considering him, T.O. and Harvin for my #3 WR position this week and VJ may get the gig.
You seriously going to bench TO for VJ this week? wtfAll your reasons are weak sauce, and Vick is staying in Philly he ain't going anywhere else
Now do you seriously see why I benched him? Get back to me now after VJ goes off Sunday. :blackdot:
Yep, I think VJ is pretty much a lock to put up better numbers than TO.

Starting VJ against the team that traded him to me (for Reggie Bush). Hoping that'll make me look smarter than my last-minute decision to start Shaun Hill over Brady.

It's hard to see Jackson not having WR1 numbers from here on out. Crayton and Tutu are nothing special, and Rivers made them look like studs. VJ comes in as a stud, and Rivers will find him.

Starting VJ against the team that traded him to me (for Reggie Bush). Hoping that'll make me look smarter than my last-minute decision to start Shaun Hill over Brady.It's hard to see Jackson not having WR1 numbers from here on out. Crayton and Tutu are nothing special, and Rivers made them look like studs. VJ comes in as a stud, and Rivers will find him.
And no Gates. Guy should come in and crush it.

Starting VJ against the team that traded him to me (for Reggie Bush). Hoping that'll make me look smarter than my last-minute decision to start Shaun Hill over Brady.It's hard to see Jackson not having WR1 numbers from here on out. Crayton and Tutu are nothing special, and Rivers made them look like studs. VJ comes in as a stud, and Rivers will find him.
I am finding it hard to believe Gates play again at all this year.

I am finding it hard to believe Gates play again at all this year.
I know :thumbup:I don't think one necessarily limits the other, actually.

theToes said:
starting him over welker and marshall
I probably would have done the same, but I ouch, that stings.
And now Marshall is probably out. If he plays Namdi will shut him down anyway.
so, if that's the case, he's probably had nothing but futility against the raiders in the past.
2009: 5 for 56 1 td.........8 for 103 1 td

2008: 5 for 148 1 td

.........3 for 52

amazing. some ppl called this. not me, but there are gonna be some insufferable i told ya so's in the future in this place.

Users who are viewing this thread