What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff, what do we do with Orton/Moreno/Lloyd now that McDaniels got the axe? They have an easy road in the playoffs, but how far down the rankings do they move for you?

Hey Jeff---I pulled out another WIN so week 14 is the last before our Playoffs!

I feel confident at QB-K-DEF (my team is listed in my signature)

I need your advice about my RB's and WR's

RB's

L McCoy - Fred Jackson - Reggie Bush - Mo Morris

**I want to drop Morris for one of the guys below:

-B Jacobs -T Choice -J Stewart drop for Stewart EASY

WR's

M Williams(TB) - P Garcon - Jacoby Ford - James Jones - Hakeem Nicks - Randy Moss

**I want to drop Randy Moss or James Jones ----Maybe BOTH for 1 or 2 of the guys below:

-Robert Meachem -Earl Bennett -Jacoby Jones -B Obomonu (He was a DUD today) Drop Moss for Meachem

I have only 1 TE and that is Kevin Boss do you think he is ok to run through the playoffs? should be ok until the NYG get their WRs back.

THANKS for the insight!
good luck
I just read that both Hart and D Brown left the game with ankle injuries which means the Colts will only have Javaris James to run the ball. Granted he has been there at the goal line to pick a couple of TD's each week. Addai's status is still up in the air, the Colts face the RB friendly Titans next. What about Tashard Choice with Barber out do you just not trust Dallas to be smart enough to start basically a "fresh" set of legs in at RB?

I am assuming B Jacobs is not an option bc of Bradshaw's constant presence.

Just wondering if these things would make you think twice about J Stew?

Just curious what do you think about Reggie Bush going forward?

-----

THANKS AGAIN Jeff!

Last edited by a moderator:

RB's

WR's

M Williams(TB) - P Garcon - Jacoby Ford - James Jones - Hakeem Nicks - Randy Moss

**I want to drop Randy Moss or James Jones ----Maybe BOTH for 1 or 2 of the guys below:

-Robert Meachem -Earl Bennett -Jacoby Jones -B Obomonu (He was a DUD today) Drop Moss for Meachem

I have only 1 TE and that is Kevin Boss do you think he is ok to run through the playoffs? should be ok until the NYG get their WRs back.

THANKS for the insight!
good luck
Just curious what do you think about Pierre Thomas & Reggie Bush going forward?
I think it is Ivory until further notice. He gives the Saints a bruiser

Hey Jeff,

My team is falling apart, and I'm fighting for the last playoff spot with three weeks left to our regular season (14, 15,16). I've had some back luck with injuries (Finley, Floyd, Britt, VJax) and guys I drafted early who didn't pan out (SGreene, Ocho, MAustin and mostly CJ2K). In any event, it's a performance league with fairly standard scoring, no PPR. I'm interested in whether you think I'm ok going ahead with my current roster for the last three weeks, or whether you think I need help.

I've got...

QB (start one, all TDs 6 pts):

Roethlisberger (vs Cinc, vs NYJ, vs Car)

Cutler (vs NE, @ Minn, vs NYJ)

RB/WR (start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex):

CJ2K (vs Ind, vs Hou, @ KC)

Bradshaw (@ Minn, vs Phil, @ GB)

Bowe (@ SD, @ StL, vs Tenn)

Blount (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)

Tampa Mike Williams (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)

MAustin (vs Phil, vs Wash, @ Ariz)

SGreene (vs. Mia, @ Pitt, @ Chi)

PK Bryant, Defense NYG

I'm thinking of playing the matchups with my QBs, going Ben/Cutler/Ben, even though I've gotten this wrong all year and had the better guy on my bench most weeks. As long as both of them can stay in one piece. With my RBs/WRs, I'm thinking about sticking with CJ, Bradshaw, Bowe and Blount all three weeks unless something weird happens. Although there has been some talk on the message boards about benching CJ, I don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially with the matchups he has left. Bradshaw and Bowe have been my most consistent performers, even though Bradshaw is giving up more touches to Jacobs at this point in the season, and Bowe killed me this week with his goose egg against Champ. I love Blount's matchups the rest of the way. On the other hand, MWilliams has the same good matchups that Blount has, and Austin could be a good play as well (especially in weeks 15 and 16). No way I'm starting Greene unless LT goes down.

Should I play it out any differently? I don't see any WW pickups that will significantly improve my starting lineup over the guys I have available, but I'm open to suggestions.

I hope I'm still asking for advice after the regular season ends. I very much appreciate your help!

Hey Jeff,My team is falling apart, and I'm fighting for the last playoff spot with three weeks left to our regular season (14, 15,16). I've had some back luck with injuries (Finley, Floyd, Britt, VJax) and guys I drafted early who didn't pan out (SGreene, Ocho, MAustin and mostly CJ2K). In any event, it's a performance league with fairly standard scoring, no PPR. I'm interested in whether you think I'm ok going ahead with my current roster for the last three weeks, or whether you think I need help.I've got...QB (start one, all TDs 6 pts):Roethlisberger (vs Cinc, vs NYJ, vs Car)Cutler (vs NE, @ Minn, vs NYJ)RB/WR (start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex):CJ2K (vs Ind, vs Hou, @ KC)Bradshaw (@ Minn, vs Phil, @ GB)Bowe (@ SD, @ StL, vs Tenn)Blount (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)Tampa Mike Williams (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)MAustin (vs Phil, vs Wash, @ Ariz)SGreene (vs. Mia, @ Pitt, @ Chi)PK Bryant, Defense NYGI'm thinking of playing the matchups with my QBs, going Ben/Cutler/Ben, even though I've gotten this wrong all year and had the better guy on my bench most weeks. As long as both of them can stay in one piece. With my RBs/WRs, I'm thinking about sticking with CJ, Bradshaw, Bowe and Blount all three weeks unless something weird happens. Although there has been some talk on the message boards about benching CJ, I don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially with the matchups he has left. Bradshaw and Bowe have been my most consistent performers, even though Bradshaw is giving up more touches to Jacobs at this point in the season, and Bowe killed me this week with his goose egg against Champ. I love Blount's matchups the rest of the way. On the other hand, MWilliams has the same good matchups that Blount has, and Austin could be a good play as well (especially in weeks 15 and 16). No way I'm starting Greene unless LT goes down.Should I play it out any differently? I don't see any WW pickups that will significantly improve my starting lineup over the guys I have available, but I'm open to suggestions. I hope I'm still asking for advice after the regular season ends. I very much appreciate your help!
I think you are in pretty good shape. Your QBs are fine with matchups. I like your matchups this week and think you will be fine in week 14. Good luck. Expect Bowe/Austin to have big weeks.

Hi Jeff, hope you fared well this week. I was able to secure a win thanks to your advice!

I have a Keeper and Waiver question for you. In our Redraft* League, we are allowed to keep one player from our current year's draft in exchange for the last (14th) pick on the following year's draft if the player was drafted in the 4th round or later provided you keep the player on your roster through week 17. My options are Ryan, Wallace, Bryant, or Witten. I was leaning toward Bryant, but in light of his recent injury, I am considering dropping him because of my short bench. But then I wonder who can I possibly pick up as a back up that is worth possibly losing out on his rights? I suppose what I am wondering is whether its foolish to hold on to him or foolish to drop him? We have to declare around the start of preseason, if that makes a difference.

The reason I ask is because my 2nd RB is rather weak and if I could just get consistent production there, I have a good chance of getting 2nd place. (I'm regretting not taking a flier on Starks instead of Wells last week...seduced by the cupcake AZ strength of schedule, but it looks like Wells is junk.) I could go for Starks, Best, James Davis, and Javarris James on the waiver wire. How do you rank these? Would any of them be a better play than Choice? Breaston, Bennett, Gibson, Tate & Meachem are WR options available. Sorry for the rambling read. TIA.

Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE

1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD run/rec; 5 pts per TD pass

TEAM

Vick, Michael

Ryan, Matt**

Peterson, Adrian

Choice, Tashard

Jackson, Brandon

Gerhart, Toby

Morris, Maurice

Wells, Beanie

Jackson, DeSean

Wallace, Mike**

Bryant, Dez**

Witten, Jason**

Kaeding, Nate

Giants

Heya Jeff~ What do you think about the following three guys? Our playoffs start next week.Tashard ChoiceAnthony DixonJames Starks My team is in my sig. I am thinking of moving White for one of these guys. Good move?I am also wondering about Moeaki at TE. Can you think of a good sleeper?This year has been REAL rough for me. Every opponent seems to have their best week against me. I just barely squeaked into the playoffs and am facing the 1st place guy with Foster and Peterson...ACK. Help me out man!! Thanks Jeff, we all really appreciate your opinions!
Hey, sorry for the tough luck. I would keep White. He has been on fire. Choice is the only one of those three to target and he should be much cheaper given the situation. I like Moeaki ok. Ben Watson is a good sleeper this week.
Move....I'm sorry, Jeff, I meant drop. Who do you think I should drop for Choice? Or should I stick with my guys? And with the TE, should I just swap Moeki for Watson? Or hold tight with him? Thanks man

Hey, keep dez and drop Morris for Starks.

Hi Jeff, hope you fared well this week. I was able to secure a win thanks to your advice!I have a Keeper and Waiver question for you. In our Redraft* League, we are allowed to keep one player from our current year's draft in exchange for the last (14th) pick on the following year's draft if the player was drafted in the 4th round or later provided you keep the player on your roster through week 17. My options are Ryan, Wallace, Bryant, or Witten. I was leaning toward Bryant, but in light of his recent injury, I am considering dropping him because of my short bench. But then I wonder who can I possibly pick up as a back up that is worth possibly losing out on his rights? I suppose what I am wondering is whether its foolish to hold on to him or foolish to drop him? We have to declare around the start of preseason, if that makes a difference. The reason I ask is because my 2nd RB is rather weak and if I could just get consistent production there, I have a good chance of getting 2nd place. (I'm regretting not taking a flier on Starks instead of Wells last week...seduced by the cupcake AZ strength of schedule, but it looks like Wells is junk.) I could go for Starks, Best, James Davis, and Javarris James on the waiver wire. How do you rank these? Would any of them be a better play than Choice? Breaston, Bennett, Gibson, Tate & Meachem are WR options available. Sorry for the rambling read. TIA. Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD run/rec; 5 pts per TD passTEAMVick, Michael Ryan, Matt** Peterson, Adrian Choice, Tashard Jackson, Brandon Gerhart, Toby Morris, Maurice Wells, Beanie Jackson, DeSean Wallace, Mike** Bryant, Dez** Witten, Jason** Kaeding, Nate Giants

I would only consider dropping f Jackson for choice. At te, it is close. May go with Watson this week. One other te on rise is boss. He is seeing a lot of passes with the wrs hurt.

Heya Jeff~ What do you think about the following three guys? Our playoffs start next week.Tashard ChoiceAnthony DixonJames Starks My team is in my sig. I am thinking of moving White for one of these guys. Good move?I am also wondering about Moeaki at TE. Can you think of a good sleeper?This year has been REAL rough for me. Every opponent seems to have their best week against me. I just barely squeaked into the playoffs and am facing the 1st place guy with Foster and Peterson...ACK. Help me out man!! Thanks Jeff, we all really appreciate your opinions!
Hey, sorry for the tough luck. I would keep White. He has been on fire. Choice is the only one of those three to target and he should be much cheaper given the situation. I like Moeaki ok. Ben Watson is a good sleeper this week.
Move....I'm sorry, Jeff, I meant drop. Who do you think I should drop for Choice? Or should I stick with my guys? And with the TE, should I just swap Moeki for Watson? Or hold tight with him? Thanks man

RB's

WR's

THANKS for the insight!

good luck

-------------------------------------------------

Hey I just wanted to ask a couple questions about your recommendations at RB

I just read that both Hart and D Brown left the game with ankle injuries which means the Colts will only have Javaris James to run the ball. Granted he has been there at the goal line to pick a couple of TD's each week. Addai's status is still up in the air, the Colts face the RB friendly Titans next. I guess I should avoid the Colts running game with all the problems they are having on the offense.

What about Tashard Choice with Barber out do you just not trust Dallas to be smart enough to start basically a "fresh" set of legs in at RB? I love this guy, just can't figure out if Dallas does?

I am assuming B Jacobs is not an option bc of Bradshaw's constant presence?

------

You said you thought I would be ok with K Boss till the WR's return. I believe that Hicks will be back next week and I have him!

So, on the WW we have the following TE's:

-Hernandez -Fasano -Dreeson (but ODaniels is due back this week) -Jimmy Graham (Love him even with Shockey in for a few plays)

--K Winslow (but I have Mike Williams already, I worry about playing 2 Bucs)

Who do you like? Stay with Boss or drop him for _____________?

-----

THANKS AGAIN Jeff!

Hey Jeff,My team is falling apart, and I'm fighting for the last playoff spot with three weeks left to our regular season (14, 15,16). I've had some back luck with injuries (Finley, Floyd, Britt, VJax) and guys I drafted early who didn't pan out (SGreene, Ocho, MAustin and mostly CJ2K). In any event, it's a performance league with fairly standard scoring, no PPR. I'm interested in whether you think I'm ok going ahead with my current roster for the last three weeks, or whether you think I need help.I've got...QB (start one, all TDs 6 pts):Roethlisberger (vs Cinc, vs NYJ, vs Car)Cutler (vs NE, @ Minn, vs NYJ)RB/WR (start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex):CJ2K (vs Ind, vs Hou, @ KC)Bradshaw (@ Minn, vs Phil, @ GB)Bowe (@ SD, @ StL, vs Tenn)Blount (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)Tampa Mike Williams (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)MAustin (vs Phil, vs Wash, @ Ariz)SGreene (vs. Mia, @ Pitt, @ Chi)PK Bryant, Defense NYGI'm thinking of playing the matchups with my QBs, going Ben/Cutler/Ben, even though I've gotten this wrong all year and had the better guy on my bench most weeks. As long as both of them can stay in one piece. With my RBs/WRs, I'm thinking about sticking with CJ, Bradshaw, Bowe and Blount all three weeks unless something weird happens. Although there has been some talk on the message boards about benching CJ, I don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially with the matchups he has left. Bradshaw and Bowe have been my most consistent performers, even though Bradshaw is giving up more touches to Jacobs at this point in the season, and Bowe killed me this week with his goose egg against Champ. I love Blount's matchups the rest of the way. On the other hand, MWilliams has the same good matchups that Blount has, and Austin could be a good play as well (especially in weeks 15 and 16). No way I'm starting Greene unless LT goes down.Should I play it out any differently? I don't see any WW pickups that will significantly improve my starting lineup over the guys I have available, but I'm open to suggestions. I hope I'm still asking for advice after the regular season ends. I very much appreciate your help!
I think you are in pretty good shape. Your QBs are fine with matchups. I like your matchups this week and think you will be fine in week 14. Good luck. Expect Bowe/Austin to have big weeks.
Do you think I should play Austin instead of Blount in week 14? I did that last week and it screwed me. How do you think Dez's absence will work for Austin? I think Tampa comes out firing this week, basically because they have to. Blount's matchup against Washington is pretty good, especially with Haynesworth spending most of his time on the bench or in the doghouse...

Jeff

Thanks fort everything this year... I made the playoffs and am looking to keep up the winning. I have been riding Peterson and Foster all year, but I have a TE dilemma. While the Bal-Pit game was great to watch, I unfortunately lost both of my TE's. My workhorse, Heap went down and so did my back up Heath Miller. During week 1 and 2 I was regretting not getting a "top-tier" TE like Gates, but I have been loving Heap these last 5-6 weeks. Now I probably can't start either one and now I need to hit the waiver wire. I'm in a PPR league and have to pick from these 3 or 4.

Fasano (Mia) at NYJ

Gronkowski (NE) at Chi

Jimmy Graham (NO) at Stl

or Heap's backup

Ed Dickson (Bal) at Hou

I was thinking Dickson but what are your thoughts?

Thanks for everything.

Scott

aka PYROboy

Jeff

One more question, looking ahead at fantasy playoffs for D/ST, I have the Giants as my current D/ST, but I am thinking about putting either the Falcons or Raiders on my fantasy bench in stead of depth at WR to maybe play matchups week by week.

Is Atlanta a better play this week at D/ST since they play the reeling Panthers, or should I stick with the hot Giants?

Thanks

Scott

aka PYROboy

Hi Jeff – For this week 14, are any of these WW guys better options that what I have here?

RB: James Starks, Javarris James, Rashad Jennings, Isaac Redman

WR: Mike Thomas, Britt, Armstrong, Lee Evans, Bess, Earl Bennett, Seyi Ajirotutu

My guys now, with probable starters in bold…

RB: Rice, Blount, Bradshaw, R Bush

WR: Calvin, Fitzgerald, Jacoby Ford, Blair White, Marshall

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

Thanks for the help Jeff.

RB's

WR's

THANKS for the insight!

good luck

-------------------------------------------------

Hey I just wanted to ask a couple questions about your recommendations at RB

I just read that both Hart and D Brown left the game with ankle injuries which means the Colts will only have Javaris James to run the ball. Granted he has been there at the goal line to pick a couple of TD's each week. Addai's status is still up in the air, the Colts face the RB friendly Titans next. I guess I should avoid the Colts running game with all the problems they are having on the offense.

What about Tashard Choice with Barber out do you just not trust Dallas to be smart enough to start basically a "fresh" set of legs in at RB? I love this guy, just can't figure out if Dallas does?

I am assuming B Jacobs is not an option bc of Bradshaw's constant presence?

------

You said you thought I would be ok with K Boss till the WR's return. I believe that Hicks will be back next week and I have him!

So, on the WW we have the following TE's:

-Hernandez -Fasano -Dreeson (but ODaniels is due back this week) -Jimmy Graham (Love him even with Shockey in for a few plays)

--K Winslow (but I have Mike Williams already, I worry about playing 2 Bucs)

Who do you like? Stay with Boss or drop him for _____________?

-----

THANKS AGAIN Jeff!
Stewart easy still. Top 12 RB the rest of the way. Boss is as good as the other TEs. Winslow 2nd choice

Foureyes said:
Do you think I should play Austin instead of Blount in week 14? I did that last week and it screwed me. How do you think Dez's absence will work for Austin? I think Tampa comes out firing this week, basically because they have to. Blount's matchup against Washington is pretty good, especially with Haynesworth spending most of his time on the bench or in the doghouse...
I like both a lot this week, and agree on blount having a good game

Pyro boy said:
JeffThanks fort everything this year... I made the playoffs and am looking to keep up the winning. I have been riding Peterson and Foster all year, but I have a TE dilemma. While the Bal-Pit game was great to watch, I unfortunately lost both of my TE's. My workhorse, Heap went down and so did my back up Heath Miller. During week 1 and 2 I was regretting not getting a "top-tier" TE like Gates, but I have been loving Heap these last 5-6 weeks. Now I probably can't start either one and now I need to hit the waiver wire. I'm in a PPR league and have to pick from these 3 or 4. Fasano (Mia) at NYJGronkowski (NE) at ChiJimmy Graham (NO) at Stlor Heap's backupEd Dickson (Bal) at HouI was thinking Dickson but what are your thoughts?Thanks for everything.Scott aka PYROboy
I think drop Miller for Dickson and then ride him until Heap is back. Congrats on the playoffs.

Pyro boy said:
JeffOne more question, looking ahead at fantasy playoffs for D/ST, I have the Giants as my current D/ST, but I am thinking about putting either the Falcons or Raiders on my fantasy bench in stead of depth at WR to maybe play matchups week by week.Is Atlanta a better play this week at D/ST since they play the reeling Panthers, or should I stick with the hot Giants?ThanksScottaka PYROboy
Like Atlanta this week, but LOVE the NYG

football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – For this week 14, are any of these WW guys better options that what I have here?

WR: Mike Thomas, Britt, Armstrong, Lee Evans, Bess, Earl Bennett, Seyi Ajirotutu

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

Drop bush for Starks. He should get 20 touches a game. None of the WRs are better

Hey Jeff

Standard PPR league

Who should I start ar QB week 14? Need to win to make play offs.

1. Cutler vs NE (cold/snow?)

2. Fitz vs Clev (cold/snow?)

3. Garard vs Oak

Thanks

Hey Jeff

One more question please.

Standard PPR league

Who would you start this week at Flex? Need to win to make playoffs.

1. Westbrook vs Sea

2. Dixon vs Sea

3. Santana Moss vs TB

4. Bennett vs NE

Thanks...

football newbie said:

Drop bush for Starks. He should get 20 touches a game. None of the WRs are better
Thx Jeff. 20 touches for Starks at Det would be good. Do you see me starting him over Rice at Houston, Blount at Washington, or Bradshaw at Minn? Wow, just realized those were all road games. This is the first week of our playoffs, so like all of us out here, we're trying to avoid the one and done. Starks is probably a great pickup even if I don't play him though, swapping his short term potential for Reggie who is in a "spread it out" offense in New Orleans. But if he's not starting for me this week, I probably shouldn't use my top WW pick for him, and instead try to get him as a frree agent?

football newbie said:

Thx Jeff. 20 touches for Starks at Det would be good. Do you see me starting him over Rice at Houston, Blount at Washington, or Bradshaw at Minn? Wow, just realized those were all road games. This is the first week of our playoffs, so like all of us out here, we're trying to avoid the one and done. Starks is probably a great pickup even if I don't play him though, swapping his short term potential for Reggie who is in a "spread it out" offense in New Orleans. But if he's not starting for me this week, I probably shouldn't use my top WW pick for him, and instead try to get him as a frree agent?
I would use the WW priority. If nothing else, you do not have to face Starks.

Jeff, Standard Scoring

Is Dreessen still ok? Heard he might of been hurt a bit. I don't know who I could pick up. Lewis or Hernandez maybe

Westy,Bradshw,Blount,Stewart,Ivory,Williams(tb) need two more of these as I'm figuring to play McCoy, Colston and Megatron already.

That gives me five total spots to fill.

Thanks,

football newbie said:

I would use the WW priority. If nothing else, you do not have to face Starks.
Dang, shoulda thought of that! Nice call! Thx again Jeff!

Jeff, Standard ScoringIs Dreessen still ok? Heard he might of been hurt a bit. I don't know who I could pick up. Lewis or Hernandez maybeWesty,Bradshw,Blount,Stewart,Ivory,Williams(tb) need two more of these as I'm figuring to play McCoy, Colston and Megatron already.That gives me five total spots to fill.Thanks,
Lewis is a great play this week. I like two of Bradshaw/Blount/Stewart/Ivory. All four are strong plays this week. It is difficult to argue with Ivory off of last week. He and Blount should see the biggest % of team's touches.

Jeff, Standard ScoringIs Dreessen still ok? Heard he might of been hurt a bit. I don't know who I could pick up. Lewis or Hernandez maybeWesty,Bradshw,Blount,Stewart,Ivory,Williams(tb) need two more of these as I'm figuring to play McCoy, Colston and Megatron already.That gives me five total spots to fill.Thanks,
Lewis is a great play this week. I like two of Bradshaw/Blount/Stewart/Ivory. All four are strong plays this week. It is difficult to argue with Ivory off of last week. He and Blount should see the biggest % of team's touches.
Yea, and the Redskins were shredded last week!

Here we go, I am in the 4th spot so this is a MUST win week with big points!

No pressure Jeff :thumbup:

PPR LEAGUE

QB (1)

Vick @ DAL

Kitna v PHI

RB (2)

McCoy @ DAL

F Jackson v CLE

R Bush v STL

James Starks @ DET

WR (3)

M Williams (TB) @ WAS

P Garcon @ TEN

James Jones @ DET

Robert Meachem v STL

Jacoby Ford @ JAX

Hakeem Nicks @ MIN ( He claims to be playing this week, if so I have to start him, right? )

TE (1)

Boss @ MIN ---- Stand pat?

K (1)

Scobee v OAK ---- Stand pat?

DEF (1)

Denver @ ARI

ATL @ CAR

DAL v PHI

SD v KC ( I have SD, just worried about their performance against the Raiders last week )

** Should I start going with the best play of the week at DEF, if so who do you like this week?

**Guess I am torn between staying with SD or going with DEN or ATL this week.

**I like Dallas for the Playoffs they face the Skins and Cards during the playoffs!

As always Jeff THANKS!!!!!!

Hi Jeff,

One last question for this week.

Cutler vs NE or Ben vs Cinci

6 pts/all TDs, 1/25 passing, 1/10 rush/rec.

Thanks!

Jeff~

What are your feelings about McCluster? We get 25 yds/ point for return yds. I would drop T Jones for him.

I just read about Cassel being out, makes me second guess dropping a KC RB. Maybe I could drop White?

Rank the WRs I have for the week:

Calvin

Tampa Mike

T.O.

Holmes

White

I start 2. Flex one sometimes too. If White doesn't start this week, Collie is speculatively coming back next week.

What do ya think?

Here we go, I am in the 4th spot so this is a MUST win week with big points!

No pressure Jeff :shock:

PPR LEAGUE

QB (1)

Vick @ DAL

Kitna v PHI

gotta go with Vick

RB (2)

McCoy @ DAL

F Jackson v CLE

R Bush v STL

James Starks @ DET

McCoy and Starks, FJax next

WR (3)

M Williams (TB) @ WAS

P Garcon @ TEN

James Jones @ DET

Robert Meachem v STL

Jacoby Ford @ JAX

Hakeem Nicks @ MIN ( He claims to be playing this week, if so I have to start him, right? )

Start Nicks if he plays. Garcon is a must play. So is Williams. If Nicks does not play, go with Meachem

TE (1)

Boss @ MIN ---- Stand pat? Good play this week

K (1)

Scobee v OAK ---- Stand pat? He could be great this week

DEF (1)

Denver @ ARI

ATL @ CAR

DAL v PHI

SD v KC ( I have SD, just worried about their performance against the Raiders last week )

** Should I start going with the best play of the week at DEF, if so who do you like this week?

**Guess I am torn between staying with SD or going with DEN or ATL this week.

Love Atlanta and SD this week. Both are good defenses playing backup QBs. Clausen is starting for Carolina and Brodie Croyle for KC.

**I like Dallas for the Playoffs they face the Skins and Cards during the playoffs!

As always Jeff THANKS!!!!!!

Jeff~ What are your feelings about McCluster? We get 25 yds/ point for return yds. I would drop T Jones for him.I just read about Cassel being out, makes me second guess dropping a KC RB. Maybe I could drop White? Rank the WRs I have for the week:CalvinTampa MikeT.O.HolmesWhiteI start 2. Flex one sometimes too. If White doesn't start this week, Collie is speculatively coming back next week.What do ya think?
you can dump White, but McCluster is not a better start than what you have. Keep TJones (I know going back on what I typed a day or three ago).

Jeff,

Have to make choice between colson or M williams(tb) this week

Another team:

Megatron,S. JOhnson, M Williams(tb) need two

Rice Moreno Ivory or Blount can take 3 of these

Thanks...very much

Jeff,

Have to make choice between colson or M williams(tb) this week - I like Colston, but close

Another team:

Megatron,S. JOhnson, M Williams(tb) need two st Williams

Rice Moreno Ivory or Blount can take 3 of these sit Ivory, close between he and Blount

Thanks...very much
good luck

Hi Jeff,

I'm back to bug you because I'm worried that Cassel's surgery (and possibkle unavailability) lowers expectations for Bowe. My options are

RB/WR (start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex):

CJ2K (vs Ind, vs Hou, @ KC)

Bradshaw (@ Minn, vs Phil, @ GB)

Bowe (@ SD, @ StL, vs Tenn)

Blount (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)

Tampa Mike Williams (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)

MAustin (vs Phil, vs Wash, @ Ariz)

SGreene (vs. Mia, @ Pitt, @ Chi)

I'd been planning on sticking with CJ, Bradshaw, Bowe and Blount (at least to start in week 14). I've decided to stick with Bradshaw despite his wrist issue. Does Bowe stay in my lineup? If not, who replaces him (I assume Austin, but it could be Tampa Mike)? Thanks for sticking with me...

Hi Jeff,I'm back to bug you because I'm worried that Cassel's surgery (and possibkle unavailability) lowers expectations for Bowe. My options areRB/WR (start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex):CJ2K (vs Ind, vs Hou, @ KC)Bradshaw (@ Minn, vs Phil, @ GB)Bowe (@ SD, @ StL, vs Tenn)Blount (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)Tampa Mike Williams (@ Wash, vs Det, vs Seat)MAustin (vs Phil, vs Wash, @ Ariz)SGreene (vs. Mia, @ Pitt, @ Chi)I'd been planning on sticking with CJ, Bradshaw, Bowe and Blount (at least to start in week 14). I've decided to stick with Bradshaw despite his wrist issue. Does Bowe stay in my lineup? If not, who replaces him (I assume Austin, but it could be Tampa Mike)? Thanks for sticking with me...
austin (with dez hurt) is very close with bowe. i think it is down to just those two.

Hey Jeff!

Starks or Choice this week? Leaning towards Starks.

TIA.

Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE

1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD run/rec; 5 pts per TD pass

TEAM

Vick, Michael

Ryan, Matt**

Peterson, Adrian

Choice, Tashard

Jackson, Brandon

Gerhart, Toby

Morris, Maurice

Wells, Beanie

Jackson, DeSean

Wallace, Mike**

Bryant, Dez**

Witten, Jason**

Kaeding, Nate

Giants

Jeff~

What are your feelings about McCluster? We get 25 yds/ point for return yds. I would drop T Jones for him.

I just read about Cassel being out, makes me second guess dropping a KC RB. Maybe I could drop White?

Rank the WRs I have for the week:

Calvin

Tampa Mike

T.O.

Holmes

White

I start 2. Flex one sometimes too. If White doesn't start this week, Collie is speculatively coming back next week.

What do ya think?
you can dump White, but McCluster is not a better start than what you have. Keep TJones (I know going back on what I typed a day or three ago).
Hi Jeff,Saw the above post, and wonder about keeping Blair White. I picked him up a week or so ago, but if I read your reply correctly, his value may have diminished if Wayne, Collie, and Garcon are back to full speed.

Wayne had that enormous day last weekend, with 14 - 200 - 1 on 20 targets, and Garcon looks like he caught all 8 targets going 8 - 56 - 1. Blair White apparently didn’t do anything…

From the FBG Wednesday Updates I saw that Collie will not play Thursday night, Taj Smith is questionable to play Thursday, and even though Wayne practiced fully on Wednesday, he is also still questionable to play Thursday.

So I was thinking that maybe White on Thursday might be a better option (instead of Larry Fitzgerald). But as I write this, if Wayne plays, White is unlikely to do anything. With little time before the game on Thursday night, it’s probably far better to go with the targets that Fitz generally gets, even though his QBs are not exactly “excellent”.

So that all brings me back to potentially dropping White. I'm really just trying to win this weekend, and if I do, I'll let the chips fall where they may in weeks 15 and 16. So for now, here's what is available in my league.

Armstrong (Wash), Hester (Chi), Bennett (Chi), Evans (Buf), Hagen (NYG), Meachem (NO), Britt (Ten), and Burleson (Det) are still out there. Obomanu (Sea) hurt his hand last game and didn’t practice Wednesday. Mike Williams (Sea) isn’t available on our WW, but he didn’t practice Wednesday either, and if he’s out, Ben becomes interesting.

On the RB side of things, Morris (Det), Davis (Wash), Gerhart (Min), Jennings (Jac), James (Ind), Reggie Bush (NO), and Redman (Pit) are available.

Does anything jump out at you to say, “oh my gosh! “x” is available, and you need to drop White as fast as you can and pick him up!”

My guys now, with probable starters in bold…I guess it's likely that I'll start these five regardless, but I keep looking!

RB: Rice, Blount, Bradshaw, James Starks

Thx!

Hi Jeff,

Cutler v. NE

Ben v. Cin

Sanchez v. Mia

Which of these stellar choices do you like?

Right now I'm leaning toward Ben if healthy.

Hey Jeff,

Gore's injury has left me without a good RB2 option for week 16 (if I make it to the championship). Luckily, I have a bye week this week, and Stewart vs ARI as a fill-in for week 15. But, my current RB2 options for week 16 are R Willaims vs DET, Stewart vs PIT, and Starks vs NYG... None of which are too appealing. I had the lowest waiver priority, so Choice got snagged up, but he dropped F Jones to do it. So, my question is, should I roll the dice (hopefully) in week 16 with one of my current options, or drop someone (likely Starks since he has relatively poor matchups) to play F Jones vs ARI? Oh, and it's a PPR league.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jeff,Gore's injury has left me without a good RB2 option for week 16 (if I make it to the championship). Luckily, I have a bye week this week, and Stewart vs ARI as a fill-in for week 15. But, my current RB2 options for week 16 are R Willaims vs DET, Stewart vs PIT, and Starks vs NYG... None of which are too appealing. I had the lowest waiver priority, so Choice got snagged up, but he dropped F Jones to do it. So, my question is, should I roll the dice (hopefully) in week 16 with one of my current options, or drop someone (likely Starks since he has relatively poor matchups) to play F Jones vs ARI? Oh, and it's a PPR league.Thanks in advance!
I think I would keep Starks over WIlliams and dump him for Felix only especially if MB3 is still out

Hey Jeff!Starks or Choice this week? Leaning towards Starks.TIA.Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD run/rec; 5 pts per TD passTEAMVick, Michael Ryan, Matt** Peterson, Adrian Choice, Tashard Jackson, Brandon Gerhart, Toby Morris, Maurice Wells, Beanie Jackson, DeSean Wallace, Mike** Bryant, Dez** Witten, Jason** Kaeding, Nate Giants
ride the hot hand of starks, imo

Users who are viewing this thread