What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 1 Draft Discussion (1 Viewer)

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieRB - Daniel Thomas - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisWR - Plaxico BurressWR - Titus Young - rookieTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersK - Ryan LongwellDEF - Saints D

Last edited by a moderator:
Schaub Hou Campbell Oak

Matthews SD Blount TB FJackson Buf LWashington ? Reece Oak

Jennings GB Knox Chi RMoss ? Burleson Det Sanders Pit Hill Jax Crayton SD Parrish Buf

Witten Dal

Cundiff Bal Rackers Hou

Pats NE Colts Ind

final roster. looks shoddy but like yudkin said teams that look awful in february have a great shot at going the distance

time will tell. been fun fellas.

finished product:

2011 - Winter Survivor League - WSL1 - Pick #11

QB - Tony R0m0 , Chad Henne, Jon Kitna

RB - Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory, Donald Brown, Anthony Dixon

WR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston,DHB

TE - Kellen Winslow Jr., Anthony Fasano

K - Garrett Hartley, Phil Dawson

D - detroit Suh's, Houston

finished product: 2011 - Winter Survivor League - WSL1 - Pick #11 QB - Tony R0m0 , Chad Henne, Jon KitnaRB - Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory, Donald Brown, Anthony DixonWR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston,DHBTE - Kellen Winslow Jr., Anthony FasanoK - Garrett Hartley, Phil DawsonD - detroit Suh's, Houston
Wow...you're looking a 2 if not 3 automatic zeros to start the year.

finished product: 2011 - Winter Survivor League - WSL1 - Pick #11 QB - Tony R0m0 , Chad Henne, Jon KitnaRB - Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory, Donald Brown, Anthony DixonWR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston,DHBTE - Kellen Winslow Jr., Anthony FasanoK - Garrett Hartley, Phil DawsonD - detroit Suh's, Houston
I'm gonna go with average here.

The thomas injury was bad luck, and the Kitna/Romo thing had to be done.

finished product:

WR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston,DHB

Why? You think Kitna is going to win the job from Romo?

finished product:

injuries, good to safeguard at QB in this format IMO.

My team

QB - Josh Freeman, Vince Young, and Charlie Whitehurst

RB - Hillis, Moreno, P. Thomas, and R. Jennings

WR - Roddy White, Colston, Collie, Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant, Eddie Royal and Blair White

TE - J. Gresham and Olsen

PK - Matt Bryant and Josh Brown

DST - Giants and Bears

Not my typical team as I grabbed several extreme high risk players. Vince Young and Charlie Whitehurst were the result of waiting on QB initially and then also missing out on the second tier guys. Those two could supplement Freeman really well or could be complete zilch and leave me totally exposed at QB.

Antonio Bryant is another huge risk player as he was out of football in 2010. I really liked my top four selections and thought that I could afford the high risk high reward potential of Bryant. I see B. White as a pseudo WRBC combo with Collie. If Collie does not come back strong, then White could play a similar role, so I feel good about the top three spots with the White insurance for Collie. I also am a huge fan of J. Jones and expect him to be solid as a rookie. Eddie Royal offered potential reward for the lateness of the pick since he is coming off surgery.

DST and PK - nice combos here

TE - rather weak, but I like the potential for Gresham with Cincinatti losing some firepower at WR.

RB - Rather weak, but like the top two to catch a lot of passes and be heavily involved in their offenses. Pierre Thomas is another risk reward coming off his injury plagued 2010 and Rashard Jennings played well with his few opps and MJ Drew is coming off injury so he may get more chances.

Feel free to critique and I know this team is ripe for that effort.

My team QB - Josh Freeman, Vince Young, and Charlie WhitehurstRB - Hillis, Moreno, P. Thomas, and R. JenningsWR - Roddy White, Colston, Collie, Julio Jones, Antonio Bryant, Eddie Royal and Blair WhiteTE - J. Gresham and OlsenPK - Matt Bryant and Josh BrownDST - Giants and Bears
Gonna go with average here.

finished product:

injuries, good to safeguard at QB in this format IMO.
Looking back at last years winners.Radballs - Garand/Campbell at QB. Mike Thomas, Westbrook, Jenkins...all late round fodder started in the finals.

Reaper - Roth/Freeman at QB. Rashad Jennings was a starter in the final week. He had no TEs for the last 4 weeks (Gates only).

beachbum - Ryan/Freeman at QB. Buckhalter scored the last two weeks. Thomas started again.

Yellow Line - Vick/Hassbeck/Freeman at QB. Vick and Hass didn't contribute in the finals. Foster/Ward started in the finals. Took donuts at TE and WR3 in week 17.

There are better paces to safeguard then QB when you already have a backup on the roster. A lot of these late round picks at RB were important pieces of last year's champions.

Looking back at last years winners.Radballs - Garand/Campbell at QB. Mike Thomas, Westbrook, Jenkins...all late round fodder started in the finals.Reaper - Roth/Freeman at QB. Rashad Jennings was a starter in the final week. He had no TEs for the last 4 weeks (Gates only).beachbum - Ryan/Freeman at QB. Buckhalter scored the last two weeks. Thomas started again.Yellow Line - Vick/Hassbeck/Freeman at QB. Vick and Hass didn't contribute in the finals. Foster/Ward started in the finals. Took donuts at TE and WR3 in week 17.There are better paces to safeguard then QB when you already have a backup on the roster. A lot of these late round picks at RB were important pieces of last year's champions.
So Feeman = Title??? Many ways to skin a cat, for this squad I think Getting Romos production (or near it) if Romo gets hurt would be a better benefit than the 20th round shot in the dark

Looking back at last years winners.Radballs - Garand/Campbell at QB. Mike Thomas, Westbrook, Jenkins...all late round fodder started in the finals.Reaper - Roth/Freeman at QB. Rashad Jennings was a starter in the final week. He had no TEs for the last 4 weeks (Gates only).beachbum - Ryan/Freeman at QB. Buckhalter scored the last two weeks. Thomas started again.Yellow Line - Vick/Hassbeck/Freeman at QB. Vick and Hass didn't contribute in the finals. Foster/Ward started in the finals. Took donuts at TE and WR3 in week 17.There are better paces to safeguard then QB when you already have a backup on the roster. A lot of these late round picks at RB were important pieces of last year's champions.
So Feeman = Title??? Many ways to skin a cat, for this squad I think Getting Romos production (or near it) if Romo gets hurt would be a better benefit than the 20th round shot in the dark
Yeah...I was thinking that too when his name keep popping up. I just think it goes to show that the QB position is greatly overvalued in these leagues. My personal opinion is that these leagues are too competitive for throw away picks. I'd consider a third QB who won't be playing unless there's an injury a luxary most can't afford.Feel free to bump week 17 when Romo is rested and Kitna leads you to a title. :shrug:

Yeah...I was thinking that too when his name keep popping up. I just think it goes to show that the QB position is greatly overvalued in these leagues. My personal opinion is that these leagues are too competitive for throw away picks. I'd consider a third QB who won't be playing unless there's an injury a luxary most can't afford.Feel free to bump week 17 when Romo is rested and Kitna leads you to a title. :shrug:
I get what your saying and this past season the PDSL title I have was helped greatly by Andre Caldwell and Jacoby Jones showing up down the stretch

J. Cutler

R. Grossman

C. Hanie

R. Mendenhall

M. Forte

B.J. Green-Ellis

Ca. Williams

V. Jackson

A. Boldin

M. Thomas

J. Shipley

M. Jenkins

B. Hartline

Antonio Brown

D. Keller

T. Heap

M. Prater

J. Kasay

Green Bay

Arizona

I'm in the same boat as razrback with QBs. Waited to late on both runs. I'm OK with Cutler, but took Hanie in the last round just in case Cutler melts from all the scrutiny he's going to be under next year. Hanie seems like a gunslinger that could fit well in a Martz offense. Grossman was just a wing & a prayer. I don't think McNabb will be back there next year & there's not many quality FA QBs that could come in and run Shanny's offense.

I really like my RBs. Only took 4, but I think its a strong group.

If Vincent Jackson plays a full year in San Diego, I'll really like my WRs too. Other than Antonio Brown, all these guys should be in the 50 - 70 catches each range. Brown was a mindless (as in inebriated) pick. Maybe he'll catch a few bombs next year for TDs. Probably not.

Keller & Heap are decent. Keller will benefit if Holmes or Edwards leaves via FA. Heap is under-rated IF he can stay healthy.

I have 2 kickers.

Green Bay will have a lot of sacks & Arizonea is not a bad #2.

Took a look at BSS's ADP by position rankings & it made me like my team a little better.

Player - My Pick/Other 3 WSL ADP

Cutler - 14/12

Mendy - 10/8.6

Forte - 13/13

BJGE - 33/23.3

VJax - 17/10.3

Boldin - 21/20

M. THomas - 41/37.3

Shipley - 58/53.6

Not sure if it means much, but it gives me a warm & fuzzy.

Took a look at BSS's ADP by position rankings & it made me like my team a little better.Player - My Pick/Other 3 WSL ADPCutler - 14/12Mendy - 10/8.6Forte - 13/13BJGE - 33/23.3VJax - 17/10.3Boldin - 21/20M. THomas - 41/37.3Shipley - 58/53.6Not sure if it means much, but it gives me a warm & fuzzy.
V Jax was a good pick, I recall thinking he slid too far...other than that I don't see any huge value per my own personal rankings.

Drew BreesMatthew StaffordRay RiceFelix JonesMontario HardestyDeMarco MurrayKevin SmithMike WallaceMalcom FloydDonald DriverJerricho CotcheryJonathan BaldwinJerome SimpsonLegadu NaaneeZach MillerBen WatsonSan FranciscoCincinnatiDavid BuehlerRian Lindell
Team is complete. I'm guessing LHUCKS will think my team is average. I think it has just a good of chance as any.

Took a look at BSS's ADP by position rankings & it made me like my team a little better.Player - My Pick/Other 3 WSL ADPCutler - 14/12Mendy - 10/8.6Forte - 13/13BJGE - 33/23.3VJax - 17/10.3Boldin - 21/20M. THomas - 41/37.3Shipley - 58/53.6Not sure if it means much, but it gives me a warm & fuzzy.
Don't forget that Toads took BJGE around RB15 which skewed the average.

Don't forget that Toads took BJGE around RB15 which skewed the average.
Looks like BJGE went 19, 24 & 27 in the other WSLs.

Drew BreesMatthew StaffordRay RiceFelix JonesMontario HardestyDeMarco MurrayKevin SmithMike WallaceMalcom FloydDonald DriverJerricho CotcheryJonathan BaldwinJerome SimpsonLegadu NaaneeZach MillerBen WatsonSan FranciscoCincinnatiDavid BuehlerRian Lindell
Team is complete. I'm guessing LHUCKS will think my team is average. I think it has just a good of chance as any.
Yeah, average...would like to see a little more strength at WR.

Yeah, average...would like to see a little more strength at WR.
:(

Final roster

QB - P. Manning & R. Fitzpatrick

RB - L. McCoy, Woodhead, Goodson, B. Scott, & T. Gerhart

WR - M.Williams/TB, S. Holmes, Manningham, Amendola, A. Armstrong, & A. Caldwell

TE - M. Lewis, J. Dreesen, & Scheffler

K - Scobee & Feely

DST - Oakland & Carolina

Quarterbacks - one of the best and most consistent and one whose team has to throw a lot

Grade - A- (obviously lower if Buffalo drafts a quarterback in the first round)

Running Backs - Shady really came into his own last year and will continue to catch a lot of passes out of the back field for a very good offense. Danny Woodhead was a revelation after signing with the Pats and his role will increase next year. Goodson should be the third down back behind Stewart who has injury concerns. Scott may well be the main back for a bad Bengals team if they don't bring Benson back but his role will increase. Gerhart did pretty well in limited duty and is a lotto ticket

Grade C+ but there are a lot of receptions and upside there

Wide Receivers - Williams was outstanding in his rookie year in Tampa and will continue to be Freeman's main receiver. Holmes is a solid veteran who will score more next year. Manningham could well be WR2 for the Giants. Amendola catches a ton of balls and more of those will be touchdowns next year. Armstrong was one of the few pleasant surprises in Washington and should be WR2 next season. Caldwell is a dart......but, TO is gone so who knows

Grade - B

Tight Ends - Lewis was a strong Top Ten TE this year (even if because of injuries to others) but at least the Jags now know they have an excellent receiver there. Dreesen gets a huge bump up if Daniels signs elsewhere. Scheffler was overshadowed by Pettigrew but there are a lot of balls in the air for the Lions.

Grade - C

Kickers - check

Defenses - check

Overall a group that could be a contender if the bye weeks don't kill it and if either Scott is the RB1 for Cincinnati or Dreesen is TE1 for Houston

QB - Matt Ryan

QB - Sam Bradford

RB - Arian Foster

RB - Ryan Torain

RB - Ryan Grant

RB - Ryan Williams - rookie

RB - Daniel Thomas - rookie

WR -Desean Jackson

WR- Dwayne Bowe

WR - Davone Bess

WR - Jacoby Jones

WR - David Gettis

WR - Plaxico Burress

WR - Titus Young - rookie

TE- Tony Gonzalez

TE - Kevin Boss

K - David Akers

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints D

----------------------------------------

Drew Brees

Matthew Stafford

Ray Rice

Felix Jones

Montario Hardesty

DeMarco Murray

Kevin Smith

Mike Wallace

Malcom Floyd

Donald Driver

Jerricho Cotchery

Jonathan Baldwin

Jerome Simpson

Legadu Naanee

Zach Miller

Ben Watson

San Francisco

Cincinnati

David Buehler

Rian Lindell

Do you think your team is better than mine?
If the goal is to survive longer, the yes. No doubt about it. You have a couple midlevel QBs. 1 trustable RB. 3 WR's that you can count on and that's it. No second DEF? LOL

Final roster QB - P. Manning & R. FitzpatrickRB - L. McCoy, Woodhead, Goodson, B. Scott, & T. GerhartWR - M.Williams/TB, S. Holmes, Manningham, Amendola, A. Armstrong, & A. CaldwellTE - M. Lewis, J. Dreesen, & SchefflerK - Scobee & FeelyDST - Oakland & Carolina
Average

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieRB - Daniel Thomas - rookieRB - Kieland Williams WR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisWR - Plaxico BurressWR - Titus Young - rookieTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersK - Ryan LongwellDEF - Saints D
Final RosterI'm stronger than most teams at QB/RB/WRAverage at TE/KBelow average at DOf the teams I've seen, I like mine the most.

QB

Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton

Made my biggest mistake here, passing on Brees in the third, then not wanting to take a QB soon after because of the drop off in value. Cassel should do decent and if Orton gets traded (preferable AZ or Minn) he will do well. Or if Fox keeps him the starter and leaves Tebow on the bench, then I should do pretty good here. Grade D+ if Orton isn't starting B- if he is

RB

MJD, Turner, Tolbert, Snelling

As long as Jones-Drew comes back from injury, I am pretty well set here. One of the top 1-2 in the league. Could be hurt if Atl & Jax have the same bye. Love the value on Tolbert & Snelling, especially if Snelling goes some where else. I don't expect SD to keep Sproles, so that should be more carries for Tolbert. Grade B+

WR

Maclin, Stevie Johnson,Meachem,Nelson,Avery,Washington,Gaffney,Briscoe

Should be pretty good 1-2, with plenty of options to pick up the third spot weekly. Hopefully Meachem has a season closer to 2009, but he is good for 4-5 scoring weeks in NO offense. If Jordy picks up from his SB preformance, I will have a steal. I believe Avery should come back as one of St.Louis' starters next year. Washington is steady and Gaffney may pick up a big portion of the load with Thomas' injury. Briscoe is my super sleeper. Should be the #3 for TB next year and an injury or MW incident from the starting lineup. Grade B-

TE

Cooley, Pettigrew

Besides the ones with the top tier TE's, I should score near the top with this duo. They finished 2-3 last year in receptions. Cooley's may have been near his ceiling, but Pettigrew should continue to get better. Grade B

DEF

San Diego,Buffalo

Thought that SD was good value where I got them. Buffalo should get a few good scoring weeks with there return game.

Grade D+

Kicker

Mare, Suisham

2 kickers, as long as SS keeps his job in Pittsburgh, in which case he was a steal

Grade D if Suisham doesn't keep his job, B+ if he does.

Overall team is ok, but would have like it much more if I had taken Brees in the 3rd. Decent chance to advance to second half of the season (if there is one)

QB - Matt Ryan

QB - Sam Bradford

RB - Arian Foster

RB - Ryan Torain

RB - Ryan Grant

RB - Ryan Williams - rookie

RB - Daniel Thomas - rookie

RB - Kieland Williams

WR -Desean Jackson

WR- Dwayne Bowe

WR - Davone Bess

WR - Jacoby Jones

WR - David Gettis

WR - Plaxico Burress

WR - Titus Young - rookie

TE- Tony Gonzalez

TE - Kevin Boss

K - David Akers

K - Ryan Longwell

DEF - Saints D
Final RosterI'm stronger than most teams at QB/RB/WR

Average at TE/K

Below average at D

Of the teams I've seen, I like mine the most.

QB - Rivers, Smith

RB - CJ2k, Lynch, Tate, Harrison

WR - Bryant, Williams (Sea), Harvin, Smith (Car), Gonzalez, Schilens

TE - Celek, Cook, Tamme

D - Pitt, Philly, NYJ

K - Crosby, Barth

I tackled this draft a little bit differently this year. Focused more on winning the title than surviving week to week, meaning I took some calculated risks and grabbed guys in situations who could hugely exceed there draft position.

QB - I feel comfortable riding Rivers. I'll have to get past his bye, hopefully it will be early this year. Even if it's late there will be teams with other issues. Selected Smith over Collins/Clausen/Gabbert/Bulger because he's had better numbers over the last year or more talent. He'd be an upgrade for a 1/2 dozen teams in the league. Based solely on Rivers, grade C.

RB - Two clear starters. Lynch's run in the playoffs should secure his role in Seattle. Grabbed the backups on two high scoring teams. If Foster or McCoy get hurt I've got another RB1. Even w/o injuries they should get touches. Grade B+

WR - Absolutely love my top four. Smith will right the ship this year. Gonzalez could be a total waste or a huge surprise. Schilens seemed like a solid gamble. Grade B+

TE - Won't be as bad as it looks. I expect Celek to bounce back and he did have some decent games down the stretch. Cook was taking over in Tenn at the end of the year. Tamme did enough that he'll see playing time in Indy. If Clark misses time I have a 2nd round pick on my roster. Grade D

D - The varibility at defense makes drafting 3 a solid strategy. Last year I rode 3 defenses to a 17-18 ppg average with 20+ pt weeks more often than not. As a bonus, stuck Hucks with only one defense. It will be fun watching him bow out by a handful of points. Grade A+

K - Got two. Grade B.

All in all, a slightly above average team. I expect huge weekly swings in points. The focus on having the right pieces down the homestretch could cause me to trip up early.

QB - Rivers, SmithRB - CJ2k, Lynch, Tate, HarrisonWR - Bryant, Williams (Sea), Harvin, Smith (Car), Gonzalez, SchilensTE - Celek, Cook, TammeD - Pitt, Philly, NYJK - Crosby, Barth
This team has no chance of winning...congratulations on reaching for 3 defenses...you now have one of the worst teams.

QB - Rivers, SmithRB - CJ2k, Lynch, Tate, HarrisonWR - Bryant, Williams (Sea), Harvin, Smith (Car), Gonzalez, SchilensTE - Celek, Cook, TammeD - Pitt, Philly, NYJK - Crosby, Barth
This team has no chance of winning...congratulations on reaching for 3 defenses...you now have one of the worst teams.
:kicksrock: HuckleheadRivers > Ryan/BradfordCJ = FosterLynch > Grant/TorrianHarrison/Tate = your dart throwsBryant = DJax in BB formatWilliams close to Bowe in BB formatHarvin >> BessSmith >> JonesYour bench > my bench, but the top ends on each team will reduce the bench impactCelek < GonzoCook/Tamme >> BossWe both got two kickersNYJ/Pitt/Philly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saints D :unsure: If my team is one of the worst and your team lags mine most everywhere, then yours must be the worst. Oh...and congrats on getting stuck with one defense.

Williams close to Bowe in BB format
Meh, I'll give you that although I'd rather have Bowe
Harvin >> BessSmith >> JonesYour bench > my bench, but the top ends on each team will reduce the bench impact
Agreed
Celek < GonzoCook/Tamme << Boss
So you agree I dominate you at TE...good
NYJ/Pitt/Philly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saints D
It's all you got...enjoy it while it lasts(until late September) :kicksrock:

Williams close to Bowe in BB format
Meh, I'll give you that although I'd rather have Bowe
Harvin >> Bess

Smith >> Jones

Your bench > my bench, but the top ends on each team will reduce the bench impact
Agreed
Celek < Gonzo

Cook/Tamme << >> Boss
So you agree I dominate you at TE...good
NYJ/Pitt/Philly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saints D
It's all you got...enjoy it while it lasts(until late September) :lmao:
Opps...I made one posting error which has been corrected. Regardless, you still dominate me in erros per post. Congrats.

I haven't looked closely at the teams yet, but I don't really like either of the two teams dominating the discusion thread

:lmao:

This is why the game has passed you by.

Lhucks has become the Matt Leinart of fantasy football.
then this should be an easy bet for you...:crickets:
Listen up fool. First of all, I'm not getting involved in any financial with you after it took you a year to pay me off. You remind me of that loud mouth DonnyT who still owes me $50.

Head to head I've oWned you for years. I recieved a nice check for FBG for my finish in Ultimate Survivor...how was your check?

Lastly, I didn't draft this team to last the longest v. a sole team, I drafted it based on increasing my % chance of winning a title. I'm taking a calculated risk basically going with Rivers solo that I'll eek out the rough weeks to have more firepower at the end of the year. If I was building a team to solely outlast yours, I would have taken a different approach. Since your team will flame out at some point on it's own crapiness, there wasn't a need to build a team around beating yours. I analyzed the winners from last year (including my own championship team) and tried to identify some strategies that might give me a leg up.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we might have to mix up the league composition next year. I've been getting compliants from guys in the other leagues that things aren't fair right now. I'm getting comments like....Not fair for you guys to get LHUCKS - I want a bye week too

Just wanted to let you guys know that we might have to mix up the league composition next year. I've been getting compliants from guys in the other leagues that things aren't fair right now. I'm getting comments like....Not fair for you guys to get LHUCKS - I want a bye week too
:lol: :shrug:

why don't we just do it like the SSLs, where your finish determines your league...or we can do it like the NCAA tournament where you're seeded based on your WSL performance.Systems work best because people can't #####.

Users who are viewing this thread