What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

iPad (1 Viewer)

'goonsquad said:
'cstu said:
Yeah but it seems there is a significant difference in speed. Not to mention in the other thread everyone seems to be arguing that 16GB is more than enough.

I want to get the best deal but I don't want to stuck w/ a $500 ipad that is slow compared to my laptop.
Sure it's faster, but is loading a page a second faster worth nearly $200? I've seen 16GB wifi iPads selling for less that $350 shipped and they come with cases.
Interesting comparison test between the two iPads. Shows off the iPad2's capabilities, although this definitely a test geared towards gaming graphics. Most apps won't have this type of performance gap.And yes, the iPad2 absolutely destroyed the Xoom. ;)
This side by side video shows that the iPad2 is faster, but I guess it's about a 3 second difference in loading times.

'goonsquad said:
'cstu said:
Yeah but it seems there is a significant difference in speed. Not to mention in the other thread everyone seems to be arguing that 16GB is more than enough.

I want to get the best deal but I don't want to stuck w/ a $500 ipad that is slow compared to my laptop.
Sure it's faster, but is loading a page a second faster worth nearly $200? I've seen 16GB wifi iPads selling for less that $350 shipped and they come with cases.
Interesting comparison test between the two iPads. Shows off the iPad2's capabilities, although this definitely a test geared towards gaming graphics. Most apps won't have this type of performance gap.And yes, the iPad2 absolutely destroyed the Xoom. ;)
This side by side video shows that the iPad2 is faster, but I guess it's about a 3 second difference in loading times.
:lol: would like to watch the video, but wont play on ipad...

'goonsquad said:
'cstu said:

WTF? This plays for me also (on iPad 1). Not sure what you guys are doing. I've never touched the settings on this thing, and I'm certain my wife hasn't cause she couldn't figure it out.

'goonsquad said:
'cstu said:

WTF? This plays for me also (on iPad 1). Not sure what you guys are doing. I've never touched the settings on this thing, and I'm certain my wife hasn't cause she couldn't figure it out.
:shrug: doesnt load for me. Tried both safari and atomic. Check on my pc and its a shockwave / flash .swf object so i assumed that was the issue. Are you using a remote desktop program or something similar?

Apple sold close to 1 million units of its next-generation tablet computer during its debut weekend, analysts estimated.

By comparison, the original version of the iPad, which launched in April of 2010, crossed the one-million mark 28 days after its launch.

Apple shares rose [AAPL 353.56 1.57 (+0.45%) ] on the Nasdaq, even as shares of many other technology companies slumped. The Nasdaq was down 0.7 percent.

The iPad 2 went on sale in the United States on Friday evening at Apple stores, AT&T [T 28.19 -0.27 (-0.95%) ] and Verizon Wireless outlets, as well as Target [TGT 51.07 -0.46 (-0.89%) ], Wal-Mart [AAPL 353.56 1.57 (+0.45%) ] and Best Buy [bBY 31.64 0.12 (+0.38%) ] stores, greeted by thousands of eager customers Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White said it was difficult to find an iPad 2 over the weekend.

"Our field checks over the weekend indicate that the iPad 2 sold out at every Apple and non-Apple store we contacted," White wrote in a research note. "In fact, all the stores had worked through iPad 2 inventory by Saturday afternoon, and there were no new iPad 2 deliveries on Sunday."

Wedbush Securities analyst Scott Sutherland said: "We would not be surprised to see Apple sell closer to 1 million iPad 2's in the opening weekend."

Best Buy on Friday said some of its outlets ran out of the tablet and its accessories within 10 minutes.
:unsure:

A Morgan Keegan analyst claims that Motorola's iPad 2 rival, the XOOM, is shaping up to be the turtle to Apple's hare. After speaking with approximately 80 different retail locations, the analyst found that the Motorola XOOM is only moved from the shelf to the register twice a day at any given Verizon store. Still, 2 tablet sales per day is enough to reach Motorola's quarterly estimate of 300,000 units. To put that in perspective, analysts have estimated that there will be around 600,000 iPad 2 sales over this weekend alone. In any case, there has been glowing consumer feedback for the XOOM at Verizon stores and, as of yet, there is no evidence people are returning the Motorola tablet.
This is shaping up like the ipod v. M3P player

Apple sold close to 1 million units of its next-generation tablet computer during its debut weekend, analysts estimated.

By comparison, the original version of the iPad, which launched in April of 2010, crossed the one-million mark 28 days after its launch.

Apple shares rose [AAPL 353.56 1.57 (+0.45%) ] on the Nasdaq, even as shares of many other technology companies slumped. The Nasdaq was down 0.7 percent.

The iPad 2 went on sale in the United States on Friday evening at Apple stores, AT&T [T 28.19 -0.27 (-0.95%) ] and Verizon Wireless outlets, as well as Target [TGT 51.07 -0.46 (-0.89%) ], Wal-Mart [AAPL 353.56 1.57 (+0.45%) ] and Best Buy [bBY 31.64 0.12 (+0.38%) ] stores, greeted by thousands of eager customers Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White said it was difficult to find an iPad 2 over the weekend.

"Our field checks over the weekend indicate that the iPad 2 sold out at every Apple and non-Apple store we contacted," White wrote in a research note. "In fact, all the stores had worked through iPad 2 inventory by Saturday afternoon, and there were no new iPad 2 deliveries on Sunday."

Wedbush Securities analyst Scott Sutherland said: "We would not be surprised to see Apple sell closer to 1 million iPad 2's in the opening weekend."

Best Buy on Friday said some of its outlets ran out of the tablet and its accessories within 10 minutes.
:unsure:

A Morgan Keegan analyst claims that Motorola's iPad 2 rival, the XOOM, is shaping up to be the turtle to Apple's hare. After speaking with approximately 80 different retail locations, the analyst found that the Motorola XOOM is only moved from the shelf to the register twice a day at any given Verizon store. Still, 2 tablet sales per day is enough to reach Motorola's quarterly estimate of 300,000 units. To put that in perspective, analysts have estimated that there will be around 600,000 iPad 2 sales over this weekend alone. In any case, there has been glowing consumer feedback for the XOOM at Verizon stores and, as of yet, there is no evidence people are returning the Motorola tablet.
This is shaping up like the ipod v. M3P player
Bingo. Apple wins again.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
:goodposting: Hopefully that little Gaagle Company can get their stuff together and actually be successful with their little Android project. Losers.
As someone that's been tasked with trying to find ways to use both sets of technology into our business environment, I'm none too impressed with either of these offerings (ipad vs Droid). Maybe desktop virtualization with these acting as thin clients will change the game some. But outside of that it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole getting these to integrate into your existing infrastructure. The browsers are gimped, as has been noted here earlier. The office apps are terrible and are good for little more than viewing documents. And that's presuming you can actually get the documents off of your Windows file shares without jumping through hoops. And that you didn't put anything complex into the document like macros or something.I absolutely loathe Microsoft. But there's actually a chance that they win like someone here suggested earlier since neither of these sides has done much of anything with their head start. Apple's had far more than a year when you consider that this thing isn't all that much different than an ipod touch or iphone. And these business apps still completely blow. I don't hold a lot of hope that that's going to change anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo. Apple wins again.
:goodposting: Hopefully that little Gaagle Company can get their stuff together and actually be successful with their little Android project. Losers.
As someone that's been tasked with trying to find ways to use both sets of technology into our business environment, I'm none too impressed with either of these offerings (ipad vs Droid). Maybe desktop virtualization with these acting as thin clients will change the game some. But outside of that it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole getting these to integrate into your existing infrastructure. The browsers are gimped, as has been noted here earlier. The office apps are terrible and are good for little more than viewing documents. And that's presuming you can actually get the documents off of your Windows file shares without jumping through hoops. And that you didn't put anything complex into the document like macros or something.I absolutely loathe Microsoft. But there's actually a chance that they win like someone here suggested earlier since neither of these sides has done much of anything with their head start. Apple's had far more than a year when you consider that this thing isn't all that much different than an ipod touch or iphone. And these business apps still completely blow. I don't hold a lot of hope that that's going to change anytime soon.
You're the one trying to force the square peg into the round hole. These are not laptops. They're not business laptop replacements. If you're an excel jockey, these aren't the machines for you. If you require complex VPN Setups with proprietary integration into closed systems, these aren't really the devices for you. Anyone trying to force them to do that right now is pushing the issue. Will they be able to do that down the road? likely. HOwever any device that is simple a tablet execution of a OS designed for a desktop will likely NOT succeed with a consumer sector. IMHO a tablet with a on-screen keyboard will be hard pressed to replace the business laptop anyway. Sure there will be keyboard docks with all sorts of nifty accessories but at that point you might as well be lugging a laptop around rather than keeping up with all that stuff. Tablets and business laptops (for most businessmen) are not interchangeable, nor should they be.ETA: Microsofts only chance in this market is a massive shift in thinking. If they stick with win 7 on tablets they will be a fringe player... nothing more.

Hmmm. Both droidx and galaxy tab working now so it must have been something else earlier. Ipad still wanting flash.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
Are you my next door neighbor? :unsure: He's in the exact same position as you and has come to the same conclusions. In at least his meetings with Apple, he's basically been told "you're doing it wrong" which is unfortunate. If there is a business out there these things would fit perfectly, it's real estate or doing quotes for contractors etc. Even then, they wouldn't replace a laptop. I don't know about the others, but it's clear that Apple doesn't have a desire to push this platform into the business world. My company and companies like BoA have quit trying for now.

As someone that's been tasked with trying to find ways to use both sets of technology into our business environment, I'm none too impressed with either of these offerings (ipad vs Droid). Maybe desktop virtualization with these acting as thin clients will change the game some. But outside of that it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole getting these to integrate into your existing infrastructure. The browsers are gimped, as has been noted here earlier. The office apps are terrible and are good for little more than viewing documents. And that's presuming you can actually get the documents off of your Windows file shares without jumping through hoops. And that you didn't put anything complex into the document like macros or something.

I absolutely loathe Microsoft. But there's actually a chance that they win like someone here suggested earlier since neither of these sides has done much of anything with their head start. Apple's had far more than a year when you consider that this thing isn't all that much different than an ipod touch or iphone. And these business apps still completely blow. I don't hold a lot of hope that that's going to change anytime soon.
DrJ- You are approaching your task completely backwards, IMO. The tools your business currently uses (laptops, desktops, software) are perfectly suited for your current business environment because your business environment was designed specifically around using those tools. Trying to shoehorn iPads into your current business environment is counter-productive; they are not designed to work that way, as you're finding out.You need to look at this from the other direction. Not "how can these machines work within our existing business" but "how can our business benefit from these new machines". You need to not look at the iPad's weaknesses as compared to your existing computers, but examine the iPad's strengths. The iPad is a completely different way of computing. What does it do better than a traditional laptop? And then ask yourself what areas of my business could benefit from those strengths? And this part will require some creative thinking on your part, as your business is designed around traditional computing. Think outside the paradigms of traditional computing. Think about your core business: what you do, what you do well, what you don't do well. Think about each individual employee's job: what is their function, how do they achieve their goals, what impedes their success. Then think about what the iPad can do, not it's limitations compared to traditional computing, but what are it's strengths and how can those strengths help your business and employees move forward? This isn't about making iPads work within your business. It's about finding ways to use this new technology to improve your business.

Good luck!

Bingo. Apple wins again.
Are you my next door neighbor? :unsure: He's in the exact same position as you and has come to the same conclusions. In at least his meetings with Apple, he's basically been told "you're doing it wrong" which is unfortunate. If there is a business out there these things would fit perfectly, it's real estate or doing quotes for contractors etc. Even then, they wouldn't replace a laptop. I don't know about the others, but it's clear that Apple doesn't have a desire to push this platform into the business world. My company and companies like BoA have quit trying for now.
"You're doing it wrong."

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
I've got news for you goon....multi-billion dollar companies aren't going to change their successful models to fit around a new piece of technology :shrug: I was taken back by Apple's responses to them (and yes, I am hearing third hand, but the guy has no reason to lie to me). ICON makes good points above about MS, but I believe they will take the steps to adapt to the corporate needs a lot quicker than Apple. They'd have that corporate niche as it appears Apple wants nothing to do with it. I know there was a major push to get our product sales forces using them and even our 401K brokers/sponsors using them....but after the beta those folks wanted their laptops back due to performance issues.

Soooooo what DOES an iPad do better than a laptop?
It's portable. It's good in meetings to take notes and look at the web since it's small. Better to show information to others at meetings since viewing angles aren't so much of a problem. Good at looking at maps when driving rather than a small phone or full laptop. Okay for writing emails so long as you're talking about a small batch. That's about it. Seems to fit in between a laptop and smart phone. More convenient than the former, more useful than the latter. I could see it being good for a salesperson who is always driving around looking for next appt and then shows them some pdf's. Then emailing them the PDF quickly. Could be nice on a plane or as a car passenger. It's hard imagining a heck of a lot more than this though. It's an in between device that does few things better than what you have, but for those it is kind of cool and has somewhat of a wow factor. That's kind of what I'm getting out of my time with it.

It's portable. It's good in meetings to take notes and look at the web since it's small. Better to show information to others at meetings since viewing angles aren't so much of a problem. Good at looking at maps when driving rather than a small phone or full laptop. Okay for writing emails so long as you're talking about a small batch. That's about it. Seems to fit in between a laptop and smart phone. More convenient than the former, more useful than the latter. I could see it being good for a salesperson who is always driving around looking for next appt and then shows them some pdf's. Then emailing them the PDF quickly. Could be nice on a plane or as a car passenger. It's hard imagining a heck of a lot more than this though. It's an in between device that does few things better than what you have, but for those it is kind of cool and has somewhat of a wow factor. That's kind of what I'm getting out of my time with it.
Could be used by wait staff in a restaurant to input orders directly from the table, swipe credit cards, show the "dessert tray" or specials. Good for designers, artists, contractors, architects, builders to show their portfolios to prospective clients. Emergency response officials and insurance adjusters could use it to take pictures and log information on the ground at disasters or claim. There are a ton of business applications, but it certainly isn't going to work in ALL business applications.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
I've got news for you goon....multi-billion dollar companies aren't going to change their successful models to fit around a new piece of technology :shrug: I was taken back by Apple's responses to them (and yes, I am hearing third hand, but the guy has no reason to lie to me). ICON makes good points above about MS, but I believe they will take the steps to adapt to the corporate needs a lot quicker than Apple. They'd have that corporate niche as it appears Apple wants nothing to do with it. I know there was a major push to get our product sales forces using them and even our 401K brokers/sponsors using them....but after the beta those folks wanted their laptops back due to performance issues.
It wouldn't be surprising since if you look at even their site they're acting like it'll do everything a business user needs, has a million apps for every business purpose, and will seamlessly integrate into your environment: http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/And in their defense, I am doing a decent amount with it. I can sort of VPN into our environment, though I still have some network issues to work through. I can view web pages there well. I can SSH or RDP into boxes to control them remotely. Can access SAP, either on the local network or remotely. Viewing documents isn't so bad as long as they aren't complex, then these office apps can tend to fall short. And it's kind of a pain to work between apps since apple more or less seems to have abandoned the concept of the FS with this and each app has it's own little area. Still trying to find a way to get past that. So problem is, it requires some technical ability out of the user to fully leverage all of this stuff. And your average user can barely work their laptop after years of acclimation to that environment so it's not an easy transition. We're putting together some VMWare View servers to set up a virtual desktop environment. That could potentially be a game changer and could open up a lot of the things I am having troubles with so long as input devices aren't too much of a problem. But as it stands, it's possible to make it do stuff. Just not in a way you'd want to try and make a user do it.

Could be used by wait staff in a restaurant to input orders directly from the table, swipe credit cards, show the "dessert tray" or specials. Good for designers, artists, contractors, architects, builders to show their portfolios to prospective clients. Emergency response officials and insurance adjusters could use it to take pictures and log information on the ground at disasters or claim. There are a ton of business applications, but it certainly isn't going to work in ALL business applications.
Our real estate agent uses it for his business also...it's perfect for things like that and I can see it working beautifully with the things listed above as well.

Well, I'm playing with the ipad 1 so a lot of these things aren't possible since they left off a camera. No video conferencing, no credit card swiping, and no pictures. The galaxy tab would be better for some of these things, but it blows overall. Need to get my hands on a Xoom. We only got 1 Xoom to test out and my boss is hording it right now.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
It wouldn't be surprising since if you look at even their site they're acting like it'll do everything a business user needs, has a million apps for every business purpose, and will seamlessly integrate into your environment: http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/And in their defense, I am doing a decent amount with it. I can sort of VPN into our environment, though I still have some network issues to work through. I can view web pages there well. I can SSH or RDP into boxes to control them remotely. Can access SAP, either on the local network or remotely. Viewing documents isn't so bad as long as they aren't complex, then these office apps can tend to fall short. And it's kind of a pain to work between apps since apple more or less seems to have abandoned the concept of the FS with this and each app has it's own little area. Still trying to find a way to get past that. So problem is, it requires some technical ability out of the user to fully leverage all of this stuff. And your average user can barely work their laptop after years of acclimation to that environment so it's not an easy transition. We're putting together some VMWare View servers to set up a virtual desktop environment. That could potentially be a game changer and could open up a lot of the things I am having troubles with so long as input devices aren't too much of a problem. But as it stands, it's possible to make it do stuff. Just not in a way you'd want to try and make a user do it.
Interesting :thumbup: What are you using to secure connections between the iPad and your internal network? You mentioned VPN, but under the covers what's the security mechanism?

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
Interesting :thumbup: What are you using to secure connections between the iPad and your internal network? You mentioned VPN, but under the covers what's the security mechanism?
Using the default VPN client that is part of the OS to connect to a Cisco IPSEC VPN. Connection actually works, problem I'm having is that it doesn't change DNS settings at all so I can only get to things by IP when I connect. And you're pretty limited in your control over network settings. We are in the middle of rolling out a Juniper SSL VPN right now, so I'm not bothering with finding a fix too much. The Juniper VPN requires its own client and some configuration on the VPN side as well, so I'm working on this instead and hoping I don't have to work through DNS issues there too.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
Thanks for the "newsflash" Commish. You're right, Multi-billion dollar companies would never consider integrating new technology. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill the ink wells so my bookkeeper can use his quill pen to hand write the accounting ledgers before making deliveries via horsedrawn carriage.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
Using the default VPN client that is part of the OS to connect to a Cisco IPSEC VPN. Connection actually works, problem I'm having is that it doesn't change DNS settings at all so I can only get to things by IP when I connect. And you're pretty limited in your control over network settings. We are in the middle of rolling out a Juniper SSL VPN right now, so I'm not bothering with finding a fix too much. The Juniper VPN requires its own client and some configuration on the VPN side as well, so I'm working on this instead and hoping I don't have to work through DNS issues there too.
Worked with any token based security yet like RSA? That's our corp standard and it simply wouldn't work without a TON of manipulation and would require some security upgrades in the Apple OS that they had no plans to do, so it's been parked for now.

Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
Thanks for the "newsflash" Commish. You're right, Multi-billion dollar companies would never consider integrating new technology. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill the ink wells so my bookkeeper can use his quill pen to hand write the accounting ledgers before making deliveries via horsedrawn carriage.
:lmao: Don't forget the oats to feed the horses :thumbup: and congrats on starting to sink the the moderated types of posts.

'Gordo said:
On the go business like landscapers, real estate agents, delivery people, handymen, construction... might find this useful:

Square Credit Card Reader
I'm signing up for one of these right now. Awesome! Anyone can accept CC for a small fee (2.75%). :thumbup: Emails your receipts and transfers it right into your bank account for you. AWesome. Works for all iOS devices AND Android devices.

'The Commish said:
'DrJ said:
'The Commish said:
'DrJ said:
'The Commish said:
'goonsquad said:
'The Commish said:
'DrJ said:
Bingo. Apple wins again.
"You're doing it wrong."
Worked with any token based security yet like RSA? That's our corp standard and it simply wouldn't work without a TON of manipulation and would require some security upgrades in the Apple OS that they had no plans to do, so it's been parked for now.
Nah, our security requirements are pretty weak overall. Juniper's is just their SSL VPN that hooks into active directory for authentication. Managed to get it going with the Junos Pulse client today and that seems to work pretty well on initial testing. DNS is all good. One step closer to making this sort of do some stuff in very awkward fashion. Found a nice security hole in quickoffice today though. These apps are just horrible. No wonder they only charge $2 for a lot of them.

'Gordo said:
On the go business like landscapers, real estate agents, delivery people, handymen, construction... might find this useful:

Square Credit Card Reader
I'm signing up for one of these right now. Awesome! Anyone can accept CC for a small fee (2.75%). :thumbup: Emails your receipts and transfers it right into your bank account for you. AWesome. Works for all iOS devices AND Android devices.
They had an app out on app store that functioned similar to the bar code reader app that they ended up pulling because once the CC # were captured, they were broadcast in clear text to email addresses, bank accounts etc.....just a heads up.

Looking into the 3G Ipads but I have a question. I have no idea how far 250mb or 2GB gets me.

I need guidance. I intend to watch baseball through MLB.TV At Bat App everyday on the unit. 90% wifi the other 10% 3G. Help a brother out.

i sold my ipad 1 about a week ago and ordered the ipad2 within minutes of it being available and it still hasn't shipped.

this past week has been unbearable. I now know how it feels for someone to have lost a limb/eyesight/etc. The ipad is that integral.

i sold my ipad 1 about a week ago and ordered the ipad2 within minutes of it being available and it still hasn't shipped.this past week has been unbearable. I now know how it feels for someone to have lost a limb/eyesight/etc. The ipad is that integral.
Have faith. I ordered a 16gb 3G for my inlaws the morning they went on sale and I got notification last night that it shipped. I should have ordered the one for me at the same time but I stupidly thought I might be able to get one at an actual store. :wacko:

i sold my ipad 1 about a week ago and ordered the ipad2 within minutes of it being available and it still hasn't shipped.this past week has been unbearable. I now know how it feels for someone to have lost a limb/eyesight/etc. The ipad is that integral.
Have faith. I ordered a 16gb 3G for my inlaws the morning they went on sale and I got notification last night that it shipped. I should have ordered the one for me at the same time but I stupidly thought I might be able to get one at an actual store. :wacko:
good to hear. Mine has been stuck in "prepared for shipment" for 3 full days now. i still have the natural reflex to grab down by the side of my chair during commercials only to realize i don't have my ipad anymore.

Insane to think I'm going to walk into best buy this weekend and find one, right?

Insane to think I'm going to walk into best buy this weekend and find one, right?
You never know. If you're near an Apple Store arond opening, they seem to have new shipments in every 2-3 days. All first come, first serve.

You never know. If you're near an Apple Store arond opening, they seem to have new shipments in every 2-3 days. All first come, first serve.
I was just in an Apple Store today and they had no idea when the next ones would come in and were just stating that online order time was 4 - 5 weeks so they weren't holding their breath.

Looking into the 3G Ipads but I have a question. I have no idea how far 250mb or 2GB gets me. I need guidance. I intend to watch baseball through MLB.TV At Bat App everyday on the unit. 90% wifi the other 10% 3G. Help a brother out.
The 2gb cap is low. You'll be lucky to watch 1 full game a week on 3g and not exceed your data cap.I've had months last summer where I exceeded 7gb watching MLB everyday, listening to internet radio and downloading apps on my IPHONE. 7GB was my highest, but I don't hink I've been 4gb.Your best bet is to use wifi (if you can) for picture stability/quality. If not, you can use some phones as a mobile wifi hot spot and tether your ipad to that. Sprint has a good unlimited plan I believe.Kinda sucks

Just picked up a mint Ipad (1st gen) 32 GB wifi for $350 used. I really want a great recipe app. Searching online ones are OK, but inputting and tracking my own is essential. Thoughts?

I have looked at Big Oven, but $16 a year seems a little on the high for what I want. I guess I can keep the free, but how is the personal recipe tracking?

We use allrecipes.com at home and like it but is there an option to put in a lot of your personal recipes and track?

Any others I should consider?

Thanks

Just picked up a mint Ipad (1st gen) 32 GB wifi for $350 used. I really want a great recipe app. Searching online ones are OK, but inputting and tracking my own is essential. Thoughts?I have looked at Big Oven, but $16 a year seems a little on the high for what I want. I guess I can keep the free, but how is the personal recipe tracking?We use allrecipes.com at home and like it but is there an option to put in a lot of your personal recipes and track?Any others I should consider?Thanks
Epicurious is fantastic and it syncs with other accounts.

Just picked up a mint Ipad (1st gen) 32 GB wifi for $350 used. I really want a great recipe app. Searching online ones are OK, but inputting and tracking my own is essential. Thoughts?I have looked at Big Oven, but $16 a year seems a little on the high for what I want. I guess I can keep the free, but how is the personal recipe tracking?We use allrecipes.com at home and like it but is there an option to put in a lot of your personal recipes and track?Any others I should consider?Thanks
Epicurious is fantastic and it syncs with other accounts.
What other accounts? Like Big Oven and Allrecipes?

Users who are viewing this thread