What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

'loose circuits said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
'MTskibum said:
'loose circuits said:
'Eastwood said:
Traded away E.Sanders and J. Rodgers for LaShoure and 19th round pick in a 12 team PPR start up. (I own Best)
still amazed by the ability for people to rip off their league mates
I think E Sanders is going to be worth more than LaShoure and the 19th round pick combined.
I also think Rodgers can certainly have a better career than LeShoure over time as well (obviously not a given). He's stuck in a CoP role for this season, but that role can expand as Turner fades away as soon as next year. It's not like LeShoure has such a clear path to carries either.I think there are far more egrecious trades in this thread.
If snelling stays in ATL this season, Rodgers will be bought for peanuts this time next season since he won't get 50 carries. The impatient people will call him a bust
or he'll break off a couple of big plays and get the Norwood "hype" despite his limited usage and his value will rise in anticpation of what he'll do when he finally gets that bigger role.

saw this in a friend's league. 12 Team PPR Dynasty, start 2RB/3WR/1TE, can flex any position.

within 24 hours:

Gave Up:

1.01 and 3.01

for

McCoy

Gave Up:

1.05 and 2.01

for

1.01 and 3.01

Net Result:

McCoy for 1.05 and 2.01.

I think this is a case of rookie pick fever, but both teams are in rebuilding phases.

MOX OWNERS:

I would appreciate all opinions, but MOX is a unique league, so opinions from those involved are especially valued.

Q/R/R/W/W/F/F (TE=WR) Non PPR, 4pt passing TD (RBs = everything)

Three separate trades, but this is what I gave/got:

Gave:

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Andre Johnson

Got:

Rashard Mendenhall

Frank Gore

Beanie Wells

Miles Austin

Brandon Marshall

Stevie Johnson

My thoughts: I give the two best player in the deal (s), and the best player in the format, (IMO) in AP. But, I am hoping the added flexibility and extra assets give me the edge. I have heard quality > quantity, and usually I agree. But in a 14 team, non PPR format, I am hoping the qty side wins.

Thoughts?

Also, for those that have played for a few years - I think my roster is the best in my league, but we are only a year old. Can you tell me how you think this starting lineup stacks up in the older leagues? Thanks.

Schaub

Mendy

Gore

Bradshaw

Austin

Marshall

St. Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
MOX OWNERS:

Schaub

Mendy

Gore

Bradshaw

Austin

Marshall

St. Johnson
I am a little scared of Schaub, but you can't argue with the top three RBs and top two WRs, not so much a fan of Stevie though. Below is one of my MOX line-upsBrees

Gore

S Jax

V Jax

Crabtree

S Smith CAR

Z Miller

Pettigrew, Mike Thomas or Reg Bush as top depth

MOX OWNERS:

Schaub

Mendy

Gore

Bradshaw

Austin

Marshall

St. Johnson
I am a little scared of Schaub, but you can't argue with the top three RBs and top two WRs, not so much a fan of Stevie though. Below is one of my MOX line-upsBrees

Gore

S Jax

V Jax

Crabtree

S Smith CAR

Z Miller

Im more scared of gore than Schaub. Gore is about to fall off the cliff. Whats wrong w Schaub?

$750 FFPC - 12 man PPR league

Traded Away:

Peyton Hillis (CLE)

Montario Hardesty (CLE)

Leonard Hankerson (WAS)

Kendall Hunter (SFO)

Draft Pick - Round 5 Pick 6 Overall 54

2012 Draft, Rnd 3

Acquired:

Darren McFadden (OAK)

David Gettis (CAR)

Keiland Williams (WAS)

Draft Pick - Round 3 Pick 9 Overall 33

Draft Pick - Round 4 Pick 4 Overall 40

MOX OWNERS:

Schaub

Mendy

Gore

Bradshaw

Austin

Marshall

St. Johnson

Gore

S Jax

V Jax

Crabtree

S Smith CAR

Z Miller

Im more scared of gore than Schaub. Gore is about to fall off the cliff. Whats wrong w Schaub?
Im a little scared of both, especially gore. Not sure why owner of 2nd team doest like Steve Johnson as a #3 WR, he would be his #1 WR if VJax doesnt stay in SD.

MOX OWNERS:

I would appreciate all opinions, but MOX is a unique league, so opinions from those involved are especially valued.

Q/R/R/W/W/F/F (TE=WR) Non PPR, 4pt passing TD (RBs = everything)

Three separate trades, but this is what I gave/got:

Gave:

Adrian Peterson

MJD

Andre Johnson

Got:

Rashard Mendenhall

Frank Gore

Beanie Wells

Miles Austin

Brandon Marshall

Stevie Johnson

My thoughts: I give the two best player in the deal (s), and the best player in the format, (IMO) in AP. But, I am hoping the added flexibility and extra assets give me the edge. I have heard quality > quantity, and usually I agree. But in a 14 team, non PPR format, I am hoping the qty side wins.

Thoughts?

Also, for those that have played for a few years - I think my roster is the best in my league, but we are only a year old. Can you tell me how you think this starting lineup stacks up in the older leagues? Thanks.

Schaub

Mendy

Gore

Bradshaw

Austin

Marshall

St. Johnson
I generally agree with that as well, but I think you did ok here if you needed the depth. The quantity you got back is quality and not a bunch of junk.

12 Team PPRDanario Alexander2012 2nd rounder (above average team)forJimmy Graham
Graham by a lot. He is one of the top TE's to own in dynasty leagues and someone got him for roster fodder.
Graham is the new Finley with the hype he's getting. I don't think he lives up to it, although I do agree here that I'd take his side in this deal as Alexander is a big risk due to injury an an abundence of similiar talent on St. Louis depth chart.

I like this deal for me. The other owner must have liked it for him because he accepted it within minutes. Seems pretty even.

1 point PPR / 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving / 1 point per 25 yards passing / 6 point TD

Gave:

Tampa Bay Mike Williams, WR

Mike Sims-Walker, WR

Got:

Mario Manningham, WR

Thoughts?

I like this deal for me. The other owner must have liked it for him because he accepted it within minutes. Seems pretty even.1 point PPR / 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving / 1 point per 25 yards passing / 6 point TDGave:Tampa Bay Mike Williams, WRMike Sims-Walker, WR3.05Got:1.032.08Mario Manningham, WRThoughts?
I think this is a pretty fair trade. I'm high on Tampa Mike so not sure I would have traded him away but in the end you'll get Ingram or Jones with 1.03 so it could work out. I'm not a huge MSW fan so I think 2.08 was fair. Then you give up 3.05 for Manningham which is fantastic value.

I like this deal for me. The other owner must have liked it for him because he accepted it within minutes. Seems pretty even.1 point PPR / 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving / 1 point per 25 yards passing / 6 point TDGave:Tampa Bay Mike Williams, WRMike Sims-Walker, WR3.05Got:1.032.08Mario Manningham, WRThoughts?
You win1.3 > Williams2.08 > MSWManningham >> 3.05

Not a fan at all. The centerpiece of the deal is Williams for 1.03; do you really see Julio Jones as a better option than Williams? Seems like a sideways move at best, incurring a lot of risk.

I like this deal for me. The other owner must have liked it for him because he accepted it within minutes. Seems pretty even.

1 point PPR / 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving / 1 point per 25 yards passing / 6 point TD

Gave:

Mike Sims-Walker, WR

Got:

Mario Manningham, WR

Thoughts?
Not a fan at all. The centerpiece of the deal is Williams for 1.03; do you really see Julio Jones as a better option than Williams? Seems like a sideways move at best, incurring a lot of risk.
:yes: I just peaked, i actually have Jones with a 49 DS and Williams 48, so i guess they are basically even, but i would prefer Jones. I have a funny feeling that Falcons offense is going to be like the Rams of the 90's once Turner burns out this year. Of course i doubt Rodgers is Faulk, but Lemichael James might be, and should be there at the end of round 1 for the Falcons in next years draft.

I do think I’m taking a bit of a step back with 1.03 for Tampa Mike, as there could be a learning curve with Julio or Green (whoever I land there). But long term, I like either of those guys the same or even a bit better than Tampa Mike. So the rest of the deal had too much value to pass up on.

I can't imagine Green falling to 1.03 in many leagues outside of Tuscaloosa.

I do like the value you get in the rest of the deal, but Mario is still fighting for the #2 spot in NY, and his future is unclear. I would like the deal a ton more if it was 1.02 and you were guaranteed Ingram or Green. I like Jones, but see his ceiling at around what Williams did last year as long as Roddy White's around.

Just made a big trade in my PPR FFPC league needed a RB bad (Only have Stewart, Woodhead, T-Jones, Snelling, Ricky Williams) have to start 2 per week.Was a tough deal been working on a move for about 20 hours now this is how it ended up.Thoughts ? (LeShoure still on the board at pick 9 would have been the guy I would have taken)Did I give up too much for Mendenhall ?--- Dragons ---Trade Away: Draft Pick - Round 1 Pick 9 Overall 9 Draft Pick - Round 2 Pick 9 Overall 21 2012 Draft, Rnd 1Receive: Rashard Mendenhall (PIT) Draft Pick - Round 7 Pick 11 Overall 83 2012 Draft, Rnd 2
Im not a big fan of Mendenahll, especially in ppr, so i think you overpaid, especially if the first ends up in the top 6 next year.
My RB's led me toward the deal couldn't really wait on someone at pick 1.9 to pan out. I do indeed need to make the playoffs.So far your the only person that has said I made the bad end of the deal.
What makes the deal good for you is your huge need at RB. Either way, its a close trade, i just prefer the other side. Out of curiosity, was Vereen available at 9, and/or Titus Young a 2.9?
I just passed up the chance to draft Titus Young at pick 3.6...I traded it for Mike Goodson and the 4.3 pick (while I also traded away my 2012 4th round pick)Seemed to be a good deal to me with my lack of RB depth and having Stewart.

12 team PPR

Puerto Rico gave up:

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

Newfoundland gave up:

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Newfoundland

12 team PPRPuerto Rico gave up:Greene, Shonn NYJ RBNewfoundland gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Newfoundland
Whoa...2014 draft pick? Do you guys pay through those years already?I'd take that for Shonn Greene

FFPC $1250 PPR

Team A gives Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, Desean Jackson, 2012 1st (likely top 3), Dustin Keller (1.5 PPR for TE, start 1-3 TE)

Team B gives Lesean McCoy and Greg Jennings, 2.03 rookie (Kyle Rudolph), 7.06 rookie and 2012 7th rounder (16 player keeper / 20 man in-season rosters, so 7th rounders may have "some" value due to vets adding extra value)

FFPC $1250 PPRTeam A gives Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, Desean Jackson, 2012 1st (likely top 3), Dustin Keller (1.5 PPR for TE, start 1-3 TE)Team B gives Lesean McCoy and Greg Jennings, 2.03 rookie (Kyle Rudolph), 7.06 rookie and 2012 7th rounder (16 player keeper / 20 man in-season rosters, so 7th rounders may have "some" value due to vets adding extra value)
Give me Team B's haul in a landslide

'Go deep said:
'We Tigers said:

Gave:

Mike Sims-Walker, WR

Got:

Mario Manningham, WR

Thoughts?
:yes: I just peaked, i actually have Jones with a 49 DS and Williams 48, so i guess they are basically even, but i would prefer Jones. I have a funny feeling that Falcons offense is going to be like the Rams of the 90's once Turner burns out this year. Of course i doubt Rodgers is Faulk, but Lemichael James might be, and should be there at the end of round 1 for the Falcons in next years draft.
They'll have to trade up to get it as they traded next years first as part of the Julio Jones trade.

FFPC $1250 PPRTeam A gives Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, Desean Jackson, 2012 1st (likely top 3), Dustin Keller (1.5 PPR for TE, start 1-3 TE)Team B gives Lesean McCoy and Greg Jennings, 2.03 rookie (Kyle Rudolph), 7.06 rookie and 2012 7th rounder (16 player keeper / 20 man in-season rosters, so 7th rounders may have "some" value due to vets adding extra value)
Give me Team B's haul in a landslide
I tend to agree, but I think its actually closer than it may seem. I was Team A in the deal by the way and fully expect to get hammered by public opinion (all hammering welcomed and encouraged). Based on name value, the side getting Stew would seem to be living a dream. But looking at startup value:Lesean McCoy is arguably the #1 player in PPR format with a 2 RB minimum (in this case, up to 4 RB in the starting lineup). He's been taken there in more than one startup I've seen. I personally have him in the top 5, not sure where exactly at this time, but quite possibly at #1. Jon Stewart is being taken anywhere from the early 3rd to late 3rd. In the upcoming two FFPC $750 startup drafts in June/July, I would predict that Stew will be taken around the 4.3 (due to bumping of TEs and the fact that Stew gets a bad rap in the FFPC community) Deangelo is a late 5th early 6th kind of guy right now, with Carolina now presenting a realistic possibility (affecting both Stew's and Deangelo's production in 2011). In the FFPC, its even worse. I couldnt trade him away for the 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8 during the recent rookie draft for this league. I predict he'll go at 6.6. Greg Jennings is being taken in the early to middle 2nd round based on recent startups (which is about right for the FFPC as well). Desean Jackson in the late 2nd to mid 3rd in most startups. I am predicting 3.5 for the FFPC drafts. The 2.3 (Kyle Rudolph) is being taken just behind Dustin Keller and both will probably be taken in the 8th or 9th rounds of the FFPC drafts (minor edge to Keller). Basically, this could look like this in from a startup view: Typical PPR startup draft (assuming 1.5PPR TE): 1.5, 2.3, 9.7 for 3.3, 3.4, 5.12, 9.3, Prime 2012 1stMy prediction for the FFPC startups this year:1.3, 2.2, 9.7for 3.5, 4.3, 6.6, 9.3, Prime 2012 1stStill a landslide? Don't get me wrong, I still like the side getting Stew from a value standpoint (due to the Prime 2012 1st), but I think its closer than a landslide. Personally, with a lot of money on the line for a team that could very well win it all in 2011 (and would now be the favorite to do so), I had to consider the redraft value of the deal as well and in my opinion, the McCoy/Jennings side has that won by a hefty margin. In the end, that carried the day. In order to trade for an impact player such as a CJ3, McCoy, Charles or ADP in this league, this is about the cheapest that one of these players can be had.

Gonna get beat up on this one I'm sure.

12 team PPR FFPC Dynasty

Traded

Peyton Hillis RB, CLE

Montario Hardesty RB, CLE

Leonard Hankerson WR, WAS

Kendall Hunter RB, SFO

Rnd 5, Pick 6

2012 Draft, Rnd 3 (Another teams)

FOR

Darren McFadden RB, OAK

David Gettis WR, CAR

Keiland Williams RB, WAS

Rnd 3, Pick 9

Rnd 4, Pick 4

I then traded 3.09 and Keiland Williams for 3.07 to draft Titus Young

And traded 4.04 and Mohamed Massaquoi for 3.05 to draft Jacquizz Rodgers

So the trade would now look like

Traded

Peyton Hillis RB, CLE

Montario Hardesty RB, CLE

Leonard Hankerson WR, WAS

Kendall Hunter RB, SFO

Mohamed Massaquoi WR, CLE

Rnd 5, Pick 6

2012 Draft, Rnd 3 (Another teams)

FOR

Darren McFadden RB, OAK

David Gettis WR, CAR

Jacquizz Rodgers RB, ATL

Titus Young WR, DET

I see it as

D McFadden > Peyton Hillis, M Hardesty (rids me of a possible RBBC headache and I acquire best player in deal)

Leonard Hankerson > Titus Young (Lost here)

Kendall Hunter > Jacquizz Rodgers ( pretty close - long term value for Hunter probably better)

David Gettis = Mo. Massaquoi ( A wash slight advantage to Gettis IMO. Plus I already own Greg Little)

5.06 nothing in return

2012 3rd nothing in return

PPR league

Team A gave up:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.10

Team B gave up:

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

PPR league

team A gave up

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR;Williams, Mike TBB WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05

team B gave up

Manningham, Mario NYG WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.03;Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.08

PPR league

team A gave up

Rivers, Philip SDC QB;Moore, Lance NOS WR;Robinson, Laurent STL WR

team B gave up

Freeman, Josh TBB QB;LaFell, Brandon CAR WR;Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

team A gave up

Palmer, Carson CIN QB;Bush, Reggie NOS RB;Slaton, Steve HOU RB;Stephens-Howling, LaRod ARI RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.08;Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.03

team B gave up

Cassel, Matt KCC QB;Gettis, David CAR WR;Murphy, Louis OAK WR;Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

non PPR league

team A gave up

Forte, Matt CHI RB;Colston, Marques NOS WR

team B gave up

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.07;Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04;Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.03

IDP (DT, CB required)

Gave: Jay Cutler, Kevin Williams, Bandon Carr, Jonathan Joseph, Picks #63 and 95

Got: Matt Schaub, Gerald McCoy, Charles Woodson

I have to cut at least 7 more players (which won't be overly difficult).

PPR leagueteam A gave up Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR;Williams, Mike TBB WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05team B gave up Manningham, Mario NYG WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.03;Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.08
I love when we get both participants in a trade on the same page!

Someone just sold Steve Johnson really low in Zealots, right?

Dallas Cowboys gave up:Johnson, Steve BUF WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 5.10Chicago Bears gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.05

Users who are viewing this thread