What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tavarius, Whitehurst and Leinart (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
ESPN is reporting that Jackson and Leianrt have both signed. They expect all 3 to be in the race for the starter. Who do you think it will be?

I think Tavarius will be the starter but I think Leinart might be the long term answer.

Jackson.

The guy always seemed to progress while playing with the Vikings. I think he has the physical tools and can bring an extra dimension to the offense with his feet.

I think Leinart might have some sort of outside chance just because he knows Carrolls system. Plus he does have some repore with Mike Williams from USC. With the shortened amount of time that might be more to his advantage. Plus Carroll might be able to change his whole demeanor about the game.

I think Leinart might have some sort of outside chance just because he knows Carrolls system. Plus he does have some repore with Mike Williams from USC. With the shortened amount of time that might be more to his advantage. Plus Carroll might be able to change his whole demeanor about the game.
Well actually that would be that Tarvaris Jackson knows Darrell Bevell's offense, the Hawk O-Coordinator who came over from Minny.

I think Leinart is going to get a good shot at this. Obviously the relationship with Carroll helps, but Jackson's just not very good and if they really believed in Whitehurst they probably wouldn't have gone QB shopping at the sound of the gun.

Tjax this year, Luck next year.
I'm not ready to say Seattle wins the "Suck for Luck" race, but it's obviously none of the three long term. Assuming this is the trio that goes to camp, I don't think there's anyway Jackson doesn't come out on top. Sorry folks, but the Leinart ship has sailed awhile ago. I'm very surprised he still has supporters. While in Houston last year he couldn't even beat out Orlovsky for the #2 job.

ESPN is reporting that Jackson and Leianrt have both signed. They expect all 3 to be in the race for the starter. Who do you think it will be?I think Tavarius will be the starter but I think Leinart might be the long term answer.
As a Seahawks fan, their QB situation makes me want to puke.If they are "rebuilding", just give the job to Whitehurst. They gave up enough cash and picks just to get the freakin guy. Might as well play him if they can't get a legitimate QB.

When you got a lot of something, you got a lot of nothing?

Maybe, maybe not...but if Carrol does the dreaded 40/40/20 QB training camp rep split that I'm envisioning, he's just setting them all up for failure. If he gets cute and goes 33/33/33...then just forget about it. Whitehurst might win that by default for being in the system a whole year already. But either way, using training camp reps as competition for the QB position is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really shocked that Carroll ended up with Lienart in Seattle. Part of me thinks Carroll got the best out of lienart before and he can do it again. However, part of me thinks his success at USC was the system. A system that won't translate to the NFL. Lienart is 50/50 and has the best chance I think. Btw, anyone else wondering if Reggie Bush ends up in the great northwest also? I mean, Carroll can legally pay these guys this time around.

I am not optimistic on any of them, but maybe, just maybe, Matt Leinart has finally learned to... ah, I can't do it.

'Go Blue said:
'ImTheScientist said:
Tjax this year, Luck next year.
I'm not ready to say Seattle wins the "Suck for Luck" race, but it's obviously none of the three long term. Assuming this is the trio that goes to camp, I don't think there's anyway Jackson doesn't come out on top.

Sorry folks, but the Leinart ship has sailed awhile ago. I'm very surprised he still has supporters. While in Houston last year he couldn't even beat out Orlovsky for the #2 job.
i'm not entirely surprised that orlovsky kept the #2. leinart was at a disadvantage being in a new system after all and wasn't signed until the season was underway. kubiak had some nice things to say about leinart by midseason but he wasn't going to get much of a chance to move up the depth chart in his first year there. i'm no fan of leinart but think it's a little too soon to give up on him.

'kinglochness said:
Not really shocked that Carroll ended up with Lienart in Seattle. Part of me thinks Carroll got the best out of lienart before and he can do it again. However, part of me thinks his success at USC was the system. A system that won't translate to the NFL. Lienart is 50/50 and has the best chance I think. Btw, anyone else wondering if Reggie Bush ends up in the great northwest also? I mean, Carroll can legally pay these guys this time around.
Although I do not buy into the Carroll will make Lienart better in Seattle line of thinking... I will say that he took Mike Williams who was absolutely and completely done and made him into a worthwhile NFL WR.

Rumors that Shanny wants him in wash. I agree sea is his best bet although who would you rather compete with?

Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie whitehurst

Or

Beck and probably Grossman?

Carroll would not hesitate to flat out drop Leinart if he doesn't work out. I'm all for these types of signings. Mike Williams worked out last year, Reggie Williams and LenDale White didn't. They were borh dropped before the season.

If any, Jackson. He is the only one I would even think about being optimistic about in reality or fantasy.

Dont know or care who will be starter, but I think the Seahawk fans will hear the music from the Three Stooges playing during games.

This would be one craptastic trio. The best thing that they could do is to start the worst one of these three QBs, write off the 2011 season and then draft Andrew Luck next year.

Tavaris will start and go 0-4

Whitehurst will come in and take the team to 0-8

Leinart wil get his shot and take the Hawks to 8-8 and again into the playoffs in a week division.

'kinglochness said:
Although I do not buy into the Carroll will make Lienart better in Seattle line of thinking... I will say that he took Mike Williams who was absolutely and completely done and made him into a worthwhile NFL WR.
From reports last year Mike Williams made himself. Carroll gave him the chance because of their history but it was because BMW showed up in shape and worked his but off that he made the team. I think anyone expecting PC to turn Leinart around because of this needs to rethink. If Leinart tuns himself around SEA would probably be the most likely place for him to prove it.

The competition at Seattle clearly deterred Leinart away. Sticks to a more comfortable role of being an overpaid clipboard holder. :thumbup:

Whitehurst starts the season, Tarvaris finishes it.
Based on the fact that T-Jax knows the system better than Whitehurst and has started more games? :wall: I love when people post #### they don't know about.
No, if I thought Tarvaris knew the system better, I would say I thought he was going to start the season. I think Whitehurst knows the system better, so I think he starts the season. I think he sucks, and might get killed behind the rookie right side of that O-line you are all excited about, so I think Tarvaris finishes the season. Did you wear a helmet to elementary school?

Based on the fact that T-Jax knows the system better than Whitehurst and has started more games? :wall: I love when people post #### they don't know about.
No, if I thought Tarvaris knew the system better, I would say I thought he was going to start the season. I think Whitehurst knows the system better, so I think he starts the season. I think he sucks, and might get killed behind the rookie right side of that O-line you are all excited about, so I think Tarvaris finishes the season. Did you wear a helmet to elementary school?
You do realize that there is a new OC (Darrell Bevell) in town with the Hawks..... they have a completely different offensive scheme.... Darrell Bevell coached Tjax in Min. :wall:

Explain how TJax doesn't know the system better? Bring your helmet and crayons kid....I may feel sorry for you and let you off the hook for your lack of knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Bevell

A history lesson for you.

I realize Whitehurst looks like Jesus...unfortunately he is not omnipotent, that would be the only explanation as to why he would know a system TJax has been in for years better than Tjax.

LEG SWEPT!!!, I just put you in a body bag bro.

You just did. Whitehurst will start. They gave up too much to sit him on the bench and have no idea if he is worth it. Watch and learn.I had no idea Bevell was calling the shots. :lmao:

You just did. Whitehurst will start. They gave up too much to sit him on the bench and have no idea if he is worth it. Watch and learn.I had no idea Bevell was calling the shots. :lmao:
QFYDKJS :blackdot:

Users who are viewing this thread