What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-Non-Playoff Team (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
Put together your all-star roster of players from teams who missed the playoffs in your fantasy league. Ideally mention how many teams make the playoffs out of how many total teams, and redraft/dynasty, as these make a difference in how strong you would expect the team to be.

Also, I could be convinced otherwise, but I think the most interesting way to do it is pick who you would actually want on a team, going forward this season (i.e. not guys currently out for the season, etc).

I will mostly just be going through the top projected ROS guys.

7 of 12 teams make the playoffs, dynasty, QRRWWFKD

QB: Jackson, Tagovailoa, Love (just in case both QB's get injured)

RB: Rachaad White, Achane, Barkley, Mixon, Henry, Breece Hall, James Cook

WR: Adams, Nacua, Evans, Olave, Rice, Metcalf, Waddle

TE: Hockenson

K: McPherson
DST: Chiefs

I like this idea, but I actually think it would be interesting to put together the best roster of players based on their YTD performance, and not on their forecast for the rest of the season, since that might actually highlight the importance of certain positions in your league.

For instance in my league 5 of the top 6 YTD scoring DSTs are on rosters that missed the playoffs, perhaps confirming that you should just wait on defense and play the weekly streaming game. Meanwhile 4 of the top 5 (and 8 of the top 12) RBs are on playoff teams, showing how much more important it is to get that position right.

To date, here would be a team made up of current point leaders in my 12-team redraft that missed the playoffs (half the teams made it, and we have some semi-funky scoring):

QB1 - Dak Prescott
QB2 - Jalen Hurts
RB1 - Raheem Mostert
RB2 - Kyren Williams
RB3 - Bijan Robinson
RB4 - Breece Hall
WR1 - Tyreek Hill
WR2 - CeeDee Lamb
WR3 - AJ Brown
WR4 - Puka Nacua
TE1 - Cole Kmet
TE - David Njoku

2 of the top 3 QB's are here, along with 4 of the top 8 RB's, and 3 of the top 4 WR's. TE is the only spot controlled by the playoff contenders.

Fields
Watson
Mayfield

Saquan Barkley
Kenneth Walker III
De’Von Achane
Alvin Kamara

AJ Brown
Calvin Ridley
Tank Dell
George Pickens
Christian Watson

Dalton Schultz

Jets/Browns DST

Butker

In my two QB league:

QB:
L Jackson
J Goff

RB
McCaffrey
Mostert
Ky Williams

WR
Lamb
Aiyuk
DK Metcalf

Surprisingly, the same team starts L Jackson (QB 6), CMC (RB 1) and Lamb (WR 2). Lost Chubb and Watson and other WRs are started on 1% of other rosters per CBS. He finished 10th of 12.

Users who are viewing this thread