What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lee Evans Hype Train (1 Viewer)

rizzler

Footballguy
Shocked not to have seen more talk on Lee Evans.

He and Flacco look like they've been partnering for years now.

Reasons why Evans could be a high WR2

-Flacco's arm (nearly had 2 long TDs last night to Evans)

-Evans' experience

-Evans' speed (ya, he's still got it...)

-Boldin and Rice will demand constant attention/coverage

I was HUGELY impressed by the connection they had on a quick 1 step slant pass last night, it was a thing of beauty

Been an absolute pleasure watching Evans so far this preseason. I think he and Flacco are on the exact same page and the numbers can easily pile up.

I'd be targeting him in every draft (and was lucky enough to get him in my $$$ league), he's a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocked not to have seen more talk on Lee Evans.He and Flacco look like they've been partnering for years now. Reasons why Evans could be a high WR2-Flacco's arm (nearly had 2 long TDs last night to Evans)-Evans' experience-Evans' speed (ya, he's still got it...)-Boldin and Rice will demand constant attention/coverageI was HUGELY impressed by the connection they had on a quick 1 step slant pass last night, it was a thing of beautyBeen an absolute pleasure watching Evans so far this preseason. I think he and Flacco are on the exact same page and the numbers can easily pile up.I'd be targeting him in every draft (and was lucky enough to get him in my $$$ league), he's a steal.
He's a free agent right now and I'm thinking about picking him up in my Start 2 WR + Flex league. Problem is we have a very shallow bench and my WR are already pretty strong. Calvin, V Jax, Steve Smith Car. My entire bench is taken up with upside Running backs because of my upside down draft out of the 9 spot.I'm not really sold on Steve Smith, but figure he's still the #1 in Carolina and could see them being down a lot this year. But, who is going to give him the ball.Boldin will definitely keep things on that side of the field open for Evans. If him and Flacco keep that connection going he could be a steal.

Lee Evans brings exactly what that offense needs and should have a nice year. I'm not feeling like Boldin has the ability to separate much anymore, so that will be interesting to watch. Evans has to be a target in drafts w/a nice situation and high upside:adp.

Smith owner, too . . . not sure what to expect. But I know Cam can actually whip it downfield, which is more than can be said for Clausen. Junk time points is the best case scenario.

i think he'll surpass yardage and TD expectations(based on ADP) but his targets/receptions may be inconsistent because of the way he'll be used in the offense.

Great in survivors, decent sleeper WR3.

Easily a value play...much moreso than somebody like D. Moore who gets more hype than Mike Tyson in his prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocked not to have seen more talk on Lee Evans.He and Flacco look like they've been partnering for years now. Reasons why Evans could be a high WR2-Flacco's arm (nearly had 2 long TDs last night to Evans)-Evans' experience-Evans' speed (ya, he's still got it...)-Boldin and Rice will demand constant attention/coverageI was HUGELY impressed by the connection they had on a quick 1 step slant pass last night, it was a thing of beautyBeen an absolute pleasure watching Evans so far this preseason. I think he and Flacco are on the exact same page and the numbers can easily pile up.I'd be targeting him in every draft (and was lucky enough to get him in my $$$ league), he's a steal.
I agree. Ironically, 3 of the 4 reasons you give for Evans' success would have held true for Torrey Smith a few weeks ago. Apparently Smith wasn't progressing as quickly as they had hoped. Cases like this one make you wonder if there hadn't have been shortened camp/no OTAs if the situation might have played out different (and no, I didn't draft T. Smith - just noticing)

I agree. Ironically, 3 of the 4 reasons you give for Evans' success would have held true for Torrey Smith a few weeks ago. Apparently Smith wasn't progressing as quickly as they had hoped. Cases like this one make you wonder if there hadn't have been shortened camp/no OTAs if the situation might have played out different (and no, I didn't draft T. Smith - just noticing)
A buddy of mine at work is a big Ravens fan, and did not like the Smith pick at all... Apparently he was extremely bad hands, failing to catch the easiest of passes. I admit I havent watched him play, could turn into something worthwhile in the future. And maybe youre right, if the camp was longer, perhaps Evans never wouldve ended up in BAL.All I know for now is, Evans will a)start climbing the draft chartsorb)stay quiet, remain at his ADP, and outperform it a la Mike Williams last season (I dont see how Evans' upside can;t be nearly identical, but I am keeping my expectations tempered)

Be very careful with Evans. He is a very slow starter and then tends to light it up about a month into the season. I can't say I know why this is, but here is some data to help...http://www.fftoolbox.com/profiles/profile_display.cfm?player_id=7403&show=stats
I'm a bit of a Bills fan, so Im aware of the Evans "curse"But to be honest, havent seen him look this sharp in a LOOOOONG time. He desperately needed a change in scenery.

Be very careful with Evans. He is a very slow starter and then tends to light it up about a month into the season. I can't say I know why this is, but here is some data to help...http://www.fftoolbox.com/profiles/profile_display.cfm?player_id=7403&show=stats
How much of that is due to the Bills sucking?

damn this thread and damn his TD on national TV
I knew I'd be damned by at least one person.I was going to make this thread after the last preseason game, but thought Id wait one more, just to be certain.And ya, I'm certain that he and Flacco has some wonderful chemistry.

No offense, but that data from when he played for Buffalo is meaningless now.I do think it is fair to assume some inconsistency because he is a deep play threat. But he is definitely capable of putting up WR2 numbers this season. People have forgotten how good he is because he has had such bad QBs and been on such bad offenses for so long.

Joe Flacco led the league in 20+ yard TD passes last season... despite his top 5 targets being a 30-year old possession receiver with a sub-13 career ypc, a 36-year old possession receiver with a sub-13 career ypc, a 33-year old possession receiver with a sub-12 career ypc, a 30-year old TE who has never been known for his explosiveness, and an RB. Seriously, it's insane- it'd be like Da Vinci painting the Mona Lisa with his fingers. He's going to go nuts now that he's been handed one of the top deep threats in the NFL. I'm going to be shocked if Evans hauls in fewer than 8 long TDs this year.

Splits happen. Unless someone has a plausible theory for why Evans would be better in month 2 than he was in month 1, the most likely explanation for those splits is that it's nothing more than the sort of meaningless statistical noise that'll crop up when you're dealing with such volatile samples.

Traded up to grab him in my initial dynasty draft in 2008... been sucking up a roster spot uselessly all ghat time. Now that I can reap the rewards, he is probably my WR4 or WR5 due to off season acquisitions. Better late than never, I guess.

I think too many people take overall stats and think that is the be all end all indicator of talent. Evans might not be as good as we thought back then, but he certainly isn't as bad as the naysayers still insist he is. This year will prove one side or the other correct.

Grabbed him at the 6.14 in the MBSL/MSBL over in the mock forums. He will be the WR3 behind Austin and Maclin. I wasn't high on him immediately but in a 16 team format must start 3...I'm thinking he can break top40 perhaps higher if things work out for him. Unfortunately they can't all be top20-25.

I drafted him with the 11.4 on Thursday evening.

11.04 124. XXXXXXX Evans, Lee BAL WR Thu Aug 25 8:44:42 p.m. CT 2011

Huge pick for me I hope.

If he can be had at WR4 prices, I'm in. I'm expecting the price to rise the closer we get to the start of the season.

I'm a fan, hope he does well, and have owned him/cut him in many leagues.. I'm a bit standoffish...

So straight up, is L. Evans > S. Smith (Car)? Give me a tier ranking. How does he compare with other #2 WR's like Garçon (with Manning), or Ward, or Manninham?

So straight up, is L. Evans > S. Smith (Car)? Give me a tier ranking. How does he compare with other #2 WR's like Garçon (with Manning), or Ward, or Manninham?
I like him better than all of the guys you mention this season, with the possible exception of Manningham. I am not really up to date on Manningham's situation and the situation of the WRs in NY this season. But I think Ward starts to show his age this season and there are young WRs ready to displace him. I think S. Smith also is slowing down and now has a running QB, rookie throwing to him. Don't see how that will lead to a resurgence of the old man. Garcon I am down on because I am worried about Peyton's injury and the whole IND offense I think is ready to take a step back.

I'm very much on board. Personally, I think Evans will be more productive than Boldin in non-PPR leagues.
for some reason im higher on boldin than evans. i see evans opening up the middle for lots of catches and, yes, anquan still can break away for tds.boldin = wr2 available in early 4th.

Hightower 6.11 in the US12, took Helu late to go with him.
Is there some reason to favor Helu over Torain for a handcuff/rbbc?I'm drafting later this morning and have been thinking of taking...WTH this is the Lee Evans thread!

Anybody got anything on the boot besides I'm sticking head in the sand because I already drafted him?

Lee Evans - WR - Ravens

Lee Evans did not participate in Ravens practice on Saturday, and was spotted wearing a protective boot on his left foot.

According to the Carroll County Times' Aaron Wilson, Evans didn't "seem to be limping terribly." However, it's a concern for a player who has shined through his first two preseason games in a Ravens uniform, hauling in six catches for 128 yards and a score. Consider him unlikely to appear in Baltimore's preseason finale on Thursday.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Aug 27 - 1:30 PM

Hightower 6.11 in the US12, took Helu late to go with him.
Is there some reason to favor Helu over Torain for a handcuff/rbbc?I'm drafting later this morning and have been thinking of taking...WTH this is the Lee Evans thread!

Anybody got anything on the boot besides I'm sticking head in the sand because I already drafted him?
:lol: Sorry BL, both Evans/Hightower in a boot, 2 drafts yesterday, may have gotten my threads twisted around.

(Rotoworld) Lee Evans (foot) is expected to return to Ravens practice this week. Analysis: Evans sat out on Saturday and was spotted wearing a protective boot on his left foot, but NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports the Ravens "fully expect him to return to practice soon." Evans has notched six catches for 128 yards this preseason. He'll almost certainly sit out Thursday's finale.

Users who are viewing this thread