What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arian Foster torn hamstring? Per John Clayton (2 Viewers)

Somewhat off topic:

Does noone else find it strange that after this long, the tweets and the photo are still up?

I mean, ya... it's been seen and reported on, but wouldn't they have had him remove it?

Something seems fishier than even before.

pulled a hammy in the past, not an easy thing to say when it is healed completely, only thing you can do is rest, they can linger for a few weeks

my guess is he sits game 1 and gives it a go in game 2, if he has problems in game 2, it might linger all year

so if that happens is Ward the better guy to own for this year and this year only (non dynasty)?

Somewhat off topic:Does noone else find it strange that after this long, the tweets and the photo are still up?I mean, ya... it's been seen and reported on, but wouldn't they have had him remove it?Something seems fishier than even before.
I started following Foster on twitter a couple weeks ago and have noticed some really weird ####. He tweeted a link to a "work at home scam" website, the kind you see ads all over popular websites with "your town mom makes $581 per hour" false claims on them (as a professional SEO, I'm way too familiar with the seedy side of affiliate marketing). So I replied to it, with "you know you just tweeted a work at home scam, right?" and he responds (not directly to me but shortly thereafter) with "I put nothing but positive thoughts and energy out here, but look at what gets the attention." Shortly after, the work at home scam tweet is gone.And strangely enough, I can still hit his MRI tweet and the one following it where he says he was joking from my phone but they don't show up on my account from my PCs. Weird ####, he's a goofy d00d.Sitting in the 5 hole for a $200 buy in tomorrow night, I texted 1-4 the link to the tweet. I'll grab him gladly.

And strangely enough, I can still hit his MRI tweet and the one following it where he says he was joking from my phone but they don't show up on my account from my PCs. Weird ####, he's a goofy d00d.
Those tweets still show up on your PC (the MRI and joking), Twitter servers are having issues (I know this for fact). Just let your PC sit on Arian's twitter page for about 10-30 seconds and those tweets will reappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted Foster at 1.01 on monday, and sure i'm worried, but why would he ever tweet that picture if he had a signifant injury?? He is fine, relax guys.
+1 as in I drafted him on Monday at 1.01 and on Tuesday at 1.02That said I am very worried!

And strangely enough, I can still hit his MRI tweet and the one following it where he says he was joking from my phone but they don't show up on my account from my PCs. Weird ####, he's a goofy d00d.
Those tweets still show up on your PC (the MRI and joking), Twitter servers are having issues (I know this for fact). Just let your PC sit on Arian's twitter page for about 10-30 seconds and those tweets will reappear.
Haven't showed up yet but I'm sure you're right...it's trying to pull data from at least one server that never seems to load. #stilltakinghimifhefallsto5

http://a3.img.mobypicture.com/5780493af65815d4868f1a56d16d65e2_view.jpgHere is the actual MRI Foster posted. Any Doctors care to evaluate?
Maybe Foster tweeted a pic of a torn hammy that wasnt his own just to #### with us sick people.
Jack Klugman just tweeted that forensics show that the MRI is Knowshon Moreno's ... Case Solved.
You are at least 60, aren't you...?
54 ,,.. but I have great memories when TV sets had a dial to change between 3 available stations.

I think the most important thing to take away from this is that Foster knows less about HIPAA than Peyton.

:unsure:

Haven't showed up yet but I'm sure you're right...it's trying to pull data from at least one server that never seems to load. #stilltakinghimifhefallsto5
Takes a good 30sec or so then it'll say "2 new tweets".. click it and it'll show up.I still find it amazingly odd that the team hasn't had him take it down.How am I the only one finding this fishy?

Is it really beyond reason that Foster could've had his name added to an image of someone else's hamstring tear just to F with the fantasy football community? He himself said it was a joke soon after and him jogging indicates less severity than how that image appears. Wish we could get a doctor to give some input regarding the image. I don't think Clayton would've made the comment without getting an ESPN doctor's opinion, but I'm not convinced the image is really Arian's hammy. He could easily be playing games as a response to the earlier twitter controversy.
He'd be effing with all of the Texans' and his fans as well..I doubt that is the case as it would turn a lot of people off to him. You don't fake injuries just to have fun or prove a point that you think fantasy football is stupid.
To me the smoking gun is how displeased he was with fantasy football owners' original reactions to his hammy flare up earlier - on twitter - the irony! I'm probably wrong and you are probably right, but I'm not dismissing this possibility just yet.Either way this was a bad call or a really really bad call on his part. Bruschi sums it up well:

http://games.espn.go...1&seasonId=2011
Doesn't let me read the link because I'm not a member of your league. Probably just need to edit the link without visiting it from your league page.Either way, after reading a few of his tweets he's pretty immature. I can now see your theory being a little more plausible. He thinks he's being cute and proving some ground breaking point by lashing out at fantasy people.
:lmao: at your definition of lashing out.
lash outvb (intr, adverb)

- attack in speech or writing

synonyms would include criticize.

Where did I go wrong? Please educate.
:lmao: Foster spoke the truth.Are you sure you aren't confusing Foster with Chris Johnson?

Was just on PTI... Find it on youtube if you can

Love this guy more and more daily
Member name Posts

rizzler 23

Multiple Scores 9

glong989 7

Hawk Fan 6

shadyridr 6

joffer 4

Ministry of Pain 4

LawFitz 4

Dr. Octopus 3

eaglesfan7 3
Affirmative.
Maybe rizzler is really Foster's mom. C'mon rizz, fess up.
Reliving the moment Kellen Winslow Sr broke his leg.... :cry: I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!!

Was just on PTI... Find it on youtube if you canLove this guy more and more daily
Bruschi and Edwards ruined him.
Bruschi = hook, line and sinker.Bruschi also = complete and utter moron, talking about how he would INTENTIONALLY injure Foster. What a giant #####
Dude, Edwards forgot more than you know about football. :rolleyes:He talks about a guy on your fantasy team, and hes a moron? lol, yeah, ok

Bruschi = hook, line and sinker.Bruschi also = complete and utter moron, talking about how he would INTENTIONALLY injure Foster. What a giant #####
Yeah, that's exavtly what he was saying :rolleyes:
"as Im getting up off of a pile, maybe I push, maybe that's where I push to get up, because I know that's exactly where it is... I give it a little dig, give it a little twist and I get up"Bruschi, on getting out of a pile with Arian Foster.

Come again? :popcorn:

"as Im getting up off of a pile, maybe I push, maybe that's where I push to get up, because I know that's exactly where it is... I give it a little dig, give it a little twist and I get up"Bruschi, on getting out of a pile with Arian Foster.

I think the point he was making was that there are certain guys in the NFL who will think and act this way once you've revealed to them that you have an injury and where it is exactly.

I think the point he was making was that there are certain guys in the NFL who will think and act this way once you've revealed to them that you have an injury and where it is exactly.
Could be, but that's not what he said.

This is how the game is played Sally. Intentionally injuring someone is head hunting or 'sweep the leg', not pushing up on a guy. Making the MRI public, he just narrowed the target area down.

This is how the game is played Sally. Intentionally injuring someone is head hunting or 'sweep the leg', not pushing up on a guy. Making the MRI public, he just narrowed the target area down.
Perhaps you missed the part where I called the tweet "stupid"?And secondly, are you honestly trying to pitch the argument that "pushing up" or as Tedy so eloquently put it, "digging and twisting" an injured area of an opponent isn't "intentionally injuring"? Do you read what you're writing before you press "add reply"?

NFL players just finished a strike in which they fought for better financial protection and here we are advocating re-injuring an opponent, possibly taking away his ability to perform, and thus his source of income?

3 cheers for idiocy.

Perhaps you missed the part where I called the tweet "stupid"?And secondly, are you honestly trying to pitch the argument that "pushing up" or as Tedy so eloquently put it, "digging and twisting" an injured area of an opponent isn't "intentionally injuring"? Do you read what you're writing before you press "add reply"?
Honestly....yes. Pretty obvious that only one person in this exchange has actually played the game before.

Honestly....yes. Pretty obvious that only one person in this exchange has actually played the game before.
Pretty obvious why the one bragging about his Al Bundy like football career, doesn't play the game any longer.

NFL players just finished a strike in which they fought for better financial protection and here we are advocating re-injuring an opponent, possibly taking away his ability to perform, and thus his source of income?

3 cheers for idiocy.
NFL players do that all the time...the refs can't call that intention to injure when he's just pushing to get up.

Pretty obvious why the one bragging about his Al Bundy like football career, doesn't play the game any longer.
What am I bragging about? I never claimed to be any good. You have to be pretty damn ignorant to think this doesn't happen on every play. Next NBA players who hold jerseys are dirty too.

Girls, girls...you're BOTH pretty.
Ya, but who is prettier?!? :bye:
Next NBA players who hold jerseys are dirty too.
Where the battle is lost...Comparing blatant attempts to re-injure a player to tugging shirts in basketball.
No one said whether it's dirty or not. We are telling you it's very much a part of the game, since you seemed to be unaware of it.
I'm not unaware that it happens. I'm very much aware of it. Cheap crap like this happens in every sport, but that doesn't make it right.

Girls, girls...you're BOTH pretty.
Ya, but who is prettier?!? :bye:
Next NBA players who hold jerseys are dirty too.
Where the battle is lost...Comparing blatant attempts to re-injure a player to tugging shirts in basketball.
No one said whether it's dirty or not. We are telling you it's very much a part of the game, since you seemed to be unaware of it.
I'm not unaware that it happens. I'm very much aware of it. Cheap crap like this happens in every sport, but that doesn't make it right.
:nerd:

Maybe you two can settle something for me.

How many posts does it take for someone to finally tire of participating in an asinine internet argument?

Ready, GO!

Is it really beyond reason that Foster could've had his name added to an image of someone else's hamstring tear just to F with the fantasy football community? He himself said it was a joke soon after and him jogging indicates less severity than how that image appears. Wish we could get a doctor to give some input regarding the image. I don't think Clayton would've made the comment without getting an ESPN doctor's opinion, but I'm not convinced the image is really Arian's hammy. He could easily be playing games as a response to the earlier twitter controversy.
He'd be effing with all of the Texans' and his fans as well..I doubt that is the case as it would turn a lot of people off to him. You don't fake injuries just to have fun or prove a point that you think fantasy football is stupid.
To me the smoking gun is how displeased he was with fantasy football owners' original reactions to his hammy flare up earlier - on twitter - the irony! I'm probably wrong and you are probably right, but I'm not dismissing this possibility just yet.Either way this was a bad call or a really really bad call on his part. Bruschi sums it up well:

http://games.espn.go...1&seasonId=2011
Doesn't let me read the link because I'm not a member of your league. Probably just need to edit the link without visiting it from your league page.Either way, after reading a few of his tweets he's pretty immature. I can now see your theory being a little more plausible. He thinks he's being cute and proving some ground breaking point by lashing out at fantasy people.
:lmao: at your definition of lashing out.
lash outvb (intr, adverb)

- attack in speech or writing

synonyms would include criticize.

Where did I go wrong? Please educate.
:lmao: Foster spoke the truth.Are you sure you aren't confusing Foster with Chris Johnson?
Definition is right there. Let me know what part I misinterpreted.

I just listened to Matthew Berry on the radio. He says that he is very concerned now- he thinks Foster will miss the first week, and possibly 2-3. The bigger fear, though, is that Tate will perform so well in the first week or so that Kubiak will go to a time share situation for the rest of the season. At the moment, Berry has Foster 4th behind Peterson, Charles, and McCoy, with CJ moving into the top 3 if he signs this week. But he says he could drop further.

I just listened to Matthew Berry on the radio. He says that he is very concerned now- he thinks Foster will miss the first week, and possibly 2-3. The bigger fear, though, is that Tate will perform so well in the first week or so that Kubiak will go to a time share situation for the rest of the season. At the moment, Berry has Foster 4th behind Peterson, Charles, and McCoy, with CJ moving into the top 3 if he signs this week. But he says he could drop further.
The absolute LEAST of my worries is this turning into a timeshare. Tate could rush for 150/2 in the first week or two, and it wouldnt change a thingKubiak has already clarified this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread