What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W2 - Green Bay V Carolina (2 Viewers)

Andy Hicks

Footballguy
This thread will be pinned once we're under way.

If you see something happening, please describe the play instead of eg "WOW".

Please be constructive in your posting and describe more of what will help other fantasy owners

Remember, Not all of us are watching your game.

I've not seen a rookie look this good since Marino and that was 6 games into the season b4 he took the controls. This is insane. Good for Panthers fans.

Really concerned with GB's pass defense this year. I think Woodson has hit the 'wall'.

On the fantasy side, it means Rodgers is in for MONSTER numbers as they are forced to keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's why you roll the dice and take a talent like Newton #1 overall. Completely changes the franchise for the next 10 yrs. :thumbup:

I've not seen a rookie look this good since Marino and that was 6 games into the season b4 he took the controls. This is insane. Good for Panthers fans.
Roethlisberger comes to mind, but even then it took him 2-3 games to have this much impact. What this most reminds me of is Kurt Warner. Not a rookie, but someone with no NFL experience.

Ugh, this could get really ugly.

ETA. This is really ugly. Going down 17-0.

Roethlisberger comes to mind, but even then it took him 2-3 games to have this much impact. What this most reminds me of is Kurt Warner. Not a rookie, but someone with no NFL experience.
Big Ben wasn't slinging it for 300-400 yds a week. I thought Marino because his stats were good from the start. I agree though, Big Ben is a good comparison. I'm saying though he is doing even bigger things than that. I didn't realize Cam was 6 foot 5 and 245...he still is about 50 lbs lighter than Roethlisberger :)

In terms of fantasy, I have Romo as my starter, and I picked up Newton as my backup. I'm honestly beginning to wonder how soon before Cam has to get into my lineup. This is friggin awesome!

Big Ben wasn't slinging it for 300-400 yds a week. I thought Marino because his stats were good from the start. I agree though, Big Ben is a good comparison. I'm saying though he is doing even bigger things than that. I didn't realize Cam was 6 foot 5 and 245...he still is about 50 lbs lighter than Roethlisberger :)
As a rookie, Big Ben threw for over 200 yards only four times in 12 starts. He sniffed 300 yards only once.

In terms of fantasy, I have Romo as my starter, and I picked up Newton as my backup. I'm honestly beginning to wonder how soon before Cam has to get into my lineup. This is friggin awesome!
I have Drew Brees as my starter and nabbed Cam in my rookie draft, and I'm semi-seriously considering playing them by matchup. I can't believe Cam is 10 or 12 for 150+ and a TD. :excited:

While Green Bay's D didn't look good on the opening drive, it doesn't help to fubmle a kick return and give that kind of field position right back on the next possession. Good job by the D to hold them to two FGs.

Newton with 37 rushing yards to go along with his 162 passing yards (and a TD) with 3+ minutes left in the half.

Fantasy stud.

Users who are viewing this thread