What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sunday Night Football Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

not watching - what is wrong with mendenhall? are they putting 8 in the box?
For the most part they are. But he's not getting it done.
Agreed. Something about Mendenhall...just can't put my finger on it. But I'd like to see Redman get more carries.
you think it's some curse of too many carries thing? does he actually not look good running? or is it the line?
I just don't think he's that good. Yes, he has speed and strength, but he doesn't make enough people miss and he misses holes too often. I seriously think that Redman is a better RB right now.

Agreed. Something about Mendenhall...just can't put my finger on it. But I'd like to see Redman get more carries.
Got nothing to do with Mendenhall. This OL is the worst in the league. Top 7 qb and top group of wr and talented rb and TE and yet no one but Pouncey can block. Sorry fellow Steelers fans this team as assembled is going nowhere this yr.

you think it's some curse of too many carries thing? does he actually not look good running? or is it the line?
I just don't think he's that good. Yes, he has speed and strength, but he doesn't make enough people miss and he misses holes too often. I seriously think that Redman is a better RB right now.
bold statement for a guy coming off two consecutive 1100+ rushing seasons and a few good playoff performances to boot.but again, i haven't watched either guy much

One thing I hate about Arians is that he doesn't run enough screens against teams whose DEs are blowing up the OL.

Got nothing to do with Mendenhall. This OL is the worst in the league. Top 7 qb and top group of wr and talented rb and TE and yet no one but Pouncey can block. Sorry fellow Steelers fans this team as assembled is going nowhere this yr.
This is really negative. This OL is nowhere near the worst in the league. Did you watch any Tennessee highlights today?

This is really negative. This OL is nowhere near the worst in the league. Did you watch any Tennessee highlights today?
It maybe negative, but it is also the hard cold truth.

He is a ##### with no heart.I wish the Steelers would bench him.
Bettis in his prime could not run behind these misfits.
Thats why you need someone who is willing to put their shoulder down and power out the tough yards.You need an anti-Mendenhall out there.
How about we actually have a real FB out there instead of watching David Johnson whiff on all his blocks.

Total BS :lmao:Peterson wouldnt have more than 20 yards right now the way the OL is blocking and the defense attacking
You have seen him freeze in tracks at least 5 times tonite when the lane had someone in it.On top of that a couple more times he turns his back to the defender so he doesnt take a shot (or deliver one).He is a ##### with no heart. He is great when its going well and at his best when we are in a spread package. He is finesse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The O-line better get their heads outta their asses.

I agree whole-heartedly with the poster suggesting the Steelers try a few screen passes. Bruce is a nimrod sometimes.

I agree with the others who are down on Mendy. He just seems soft; always looking for the big play instead of putting his head down and getting 2 yards if that is all that is available. Also, I hate the spin move he uses way too often.

Redman is the opposite of all that. He's not as fast as Mendy, but he's got much better all around RB skills in my opinion. And he certainly runs harder than Spindenhall.

Hope Redman gets a series in the 2nd half to see what he can do.

But this isn't to give the oline a pass... they stink too.

Bettis in his prime could not run behind these misfits.
Thats why you need someone who is willing to put their shoulder down and power out the tough yards.You need an anti-Mendenhall out there.
Ike would at least break a few tackles every once in a while.

I agree with the others who are down on Mendy. He just seems soft; always looking for the big play instead of putting his head down and getting 2 yards if that is all that is available. Also, I hate the spin move he uses way too often.Redman is the opposite of all that. He's not as fast as Mendy, but he's got much better all around RB skills in my opinion. And he certainly runs harder than Spindenhall.Hope Redman gets a series in the 2nd half to see what he can do.But this isn't to give the oline a pass... they stink too.
:goodposting: Thats why behind the same line you hgave Mendenhall getting 3.05 and Redman 4.69

Are the Stillers asking Swee-sham (or however he spells his name) to not kick it out of the endzone? Or can he not kick it that far?

Why are they still talking abou the fumble and the fact that the replay official didn't challenge. The ball landed a full 2 yards behind where Ben was standing....forced fumble or lateral fumble...still an easy fumble call.

Anyone else think this Steelers team doesn't look as good as they have in years past? There's still a lot of time for them to right the ship, but so far they just don't look dominant like they usually do.

That was a BS spot.
I didn't understand what happened there. The initial spot by the linesman looked short, he put a fist up in the air to signify fourth,he tosses the ball towards the official in the middle of the field, they go to replay and it's a first? Shouldn't they have brought the chains over to measure the initial spot?

Shouldve been a first down. Cant really blame Saunders though as the ball was in his facemask as soon as he turned around.

Worse drop now that Suisham misses the FG.

So why exactly was Saunders out there instead of 4WR and Heath anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread