What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McFadden vs. Stewart (1 Viewer)

See week 13 to 17 2009

Week 12-15 last year

McFadden has his chance now, Stew is still labouring away in a terrible position. He had some great runs on the weekend though.

Both will be guns with a full work load IMO. Fantasy wise, it's just depending on how long you're willing to wait for Stewart.

I don't know what your previous stance was. If you're going to toot your horn you should at least point to one thread/post.

Was there a lot of debate on this?

Did I miss it in all the "Adrian Peterson or Beanie Wells?" flap?

Poor Jonathan Stewart owners. The guy shows such obvious potential, but has never really had his chance to be THE guy. It will come at some point.

What do the rest of you think now? :popcorn:
You are the greatest. How does one go about acquiring your autograph? At one of your book signing appearances? You ahve written a book I would guess.
Timing is everything. Wasn't it you that gave me a hard time about McFadden? The answer of course is 'Yes'. So now can you please add something to this topic, or are you going to continue to be a Tool?

Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.

McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.

What do the rest of you think now? :popcorn:
You are the greatest. How does one go about acquiring your autograph? At one of your book signing appearances? You ahve written a book I would guess.
By the way you had McFadden ranked #4, Four. :popcorn: :thumbup: Mayock- no. Has Mendenhall, for now anyways. 4/17/08Bloom- no. ConstruxBoy(John)- noEBF- noBob Henry- no Has nothing to do with hate, just want to make sure,when we look back we have a easy way to find the answer. Cookiemonster- no FavreCo- no - Matter of fact He has McFadden at #4. zadok- no - Matter of fact He has McFadden at #5.Jedimaster21- no Almas_4th_Child- no gheemony - no FUBAR- no loose circuits - noJohnnyU - no Craig_MiamiFL - no Ned - no redman - Wildman - no Andy Dufresne- no coolnerd- no rabidfireweasel- no Football Jones- no {Syrus}- no The Scientist - Matter of fact He has McFadden at #4.Brutis- no kethnaab- no JimboJim - no In say link and just to name so of you who did not have McFadden ranked #1 in this class.So what says you?

It really takes a sad, lonely person to remember (much less point to) a correct observation made over two years ago on a football message board.

:lmao:

It really takes a sad, lonely person to remember (much less point to) a correct observation made over two years ago on a football message board. :lmao:
So on this message board everyone is right, that's OK. But it takes time to really see who on this board knows there stuff.Ok, to the next rankings, I'll go. :thumbup:

I was high on DMC from day one and was terribly disappointed by his first two seasons. Turns out he was misused by Cable and needed to get a little seasoned in general as a pro. He came out for his third season like a bat outta **** and hasn't looked back. He has been a top 3 RB since and is pushing for #1 right now.

All that said, do not discount Hue Jackson here. If he were to leave the Raiders, I would be very scared for DMC.

You are looking horrible in here. You posted a link to a poll that showed you picked with the majority. You really showed all those other people who agreed with you!

Then someone else posted a link that shows you had McFadden ranked behind Mendenhall. And had Jamal Charles/Chris Johnson as the #8 and 9 rb's. And DeSean Jackson as the #20 wr.

Nailed it. :thumbup:

Mine:RB1) R Mendenhall2) D McFadden3) R Rice4) J Stewart5) F Jones6) M Forte7) K Smith8) J Charles9) C Johnson10) T Choice11) T Brown12) X Omon13) J Parlmele14) J Forsett15) C Boyd16) M Hart17) S Slaton18) C Simpson19) C Washington20) A Patrick21) M Thomas22) D Savage23) R Little24) A Alridge25) T TempleWR1) D Thomas2) J Hardy3) M Kelly4) L Sweed5) E Doucet6) D Jackson7) E Bennett8) J Nelson9) E Royal10) A Caldwell11) M Manningham12) J Simpson13) K Burton14) D Avery15) H Douglas16) W Franklin17) P Hubbard18) A Bowman19) L Hawkins20) Dex Jackson21) M Smith22) A Arrington23) D Reynaud24) J Morgan25) M Monk

You are looking horrible in here. You posted a link to a poll that showed you picked with the majority. You really showed all those other people who agreed with you!Then someone else posted a link that shows you had McFadden ranked behind Mendenhall. And had Jamal Charles/Chris Johnson as the #8 and 9 rb's. And DeSean Jackson as the #20 wr.Nailed it. :thumbup:
:own3d:

Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.
When he completes a full season and notches a top 3 fantasy performance for the year, then I may agree. But his first two years were horrible and he has not been able to stay healthy. In the long run, that is essential. Stewart has also battled injuries but on top of that has had to work for PT in a situation with greater competition--McFadden has pretty much been handed the starting opportunity from the get go. Botton line: if you are a McFadden owner you are happy today. But the race isn't over. If I were an owner of a team I would rather have Stewart. Both are highly talented but I like power with speed, more than speed by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.

When he completes a full season and notches a top 3 fantasy performance for the year, then I may agree. But his first two years were horrible and he has not been able to stay healthy. In the long run, that is essential. Stewart has also battled injuries but on top of that has had to work for PT in a situation with greater competition--McFadden has pretty much been handed the starting opportunity from the get go. Botton line: if you are a McFadden owner you are happy today. But the race isn't over. If I were an owner of a team I would rather have Stewart. Both are highly talented but I like power with speed, more than speed by itself.
I can go along with everything you're saying until this part. McFadden has shown a surprising amount of power since last year.

So #8 in PPR (while missing 3 games) last year isn't good enough for you?

So #8 in PPR (while missing 3 games) last year isn't good enough for you?
:goodposting:

Mine:RB1) R Mendenhall2) D McFadden3) R Rice4) J Stewart5) F Jones6) M Forte7) K Smith8) J Charles9) C Johnson10) T Choice11) T Brown12) X Omon13) J Parlmele14) J Forsett15) C Boyd16) M Hart17) S Slaton18) C Simpson19) C Washington20) A Patrick21) M Thomas22) D Savage23) R Little24) A Alridge25) T TempleWR1) D Thomas2) J Hardy3) M Kelly4) L Sweed5) E Doucet6) D Jackson7) E Bennett8) J Nelson9) E Royal10) A Caldwell11) M Manningham12) J Simpson13) K Burton14) D Avery15) H Douglas16) W Franklin17) P Hubbard18) A Bowman19) L Hawkins20) Dex Jackson21) M Smith22) A Arrington23) D Reynaud24) J Morgan25) M Monk
Not my rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Maroney=Speed said:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.
You've really been harboring this for a long time. 4 years? Wow.

'Maroney=Speed said:
You've really been harboring this for a long time. 4 years? Wow.
Math must not be your strong point, 3 years. I must say you have been dead on with all your rankings since you nor anyone else looks back, correct? ;)

It was a good call. I don't have any problem with you patting yourself on the back. You weren't the only one right about this. ;)

Why not just bump the other thread though?

Users who are viewing this thread