What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Jeff,Wdis questions too......Start Romo if playing?My team's in sig: and I have penciled in:RomoF. Jackson,Ingram, S. Jackson not sureWallace,Thomas,L. Moore,D. Moore(flex)Don't think I have a lot of options this week....Foster's out and maybe Steven.
It will be much better next week but this one is a tough one. I think I would drop Campbell for Grossman if he is available. Pick up Kitna if not. Just so you have an option on Monday night if something happens to Romo
Drop Campbell for Kitna? Forgot to add powell(he could be dropped) Grossman Not avail.
I might drop Powell for Kitna just for this week's insurance

Ok Jeff......WDIS? PPR LEAGUE

QB (1)

Romo v WASH (Worried for obvious reasons)

Bradford v Ravens (A match up I want to avoid)

**Do I just wait until Monday or Sunday night, catch Romo's status and pick Kitna up in case Romo doesn't go? YES

***The only QBs on the WW are: Andy Dalton v SF - J Campbell v JETS - K Orton @ TEN

RB (2)

C Johnson v DEN (Is he going to show up?)

L Blount v ATL

D Williams v JAX

J Starks @ CHI

D Carter v PITT

WR (3)

Megatron @ MIN

S Holmes @ OAK

R Meachem v HOU

M Sims-Walker v BAL

Denarius Moore v JETS

E Decker @ TEN

TE (!) **Loss A Hernanadez for now

F Davis @ DAL (MY ONLY OPTION----I think he will do okay, can;t drop Hernandez he will get scooped)

FLEX POSITION (WR or TE --- in my situation its an extra WR so who do you like in this slot from the WRs listed above?)Might take a shot on Denarius and hope for a big game

Starting Nick Folk @ OAK

& the SAINTS v HOU.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!
also might see if SD defense is available. Versus KC, they are an awesome play this week

I have some tough start decisions this week for the league in my signature.Firstly, I picked up Grossman because Romo has been my starter. I can wait until Monday to decide depending on Romo, but should I start Grossman regardless? Or if Romo starts do I go with him and hope he can last the game? Also, being without Austin and Bryant is a bit concerning.Santana Moss seems like the likely start as WR3, but David Nelson against the weak NE secondary is very enticing.Ben Tate is the flavor of the week and would appear he should be started over Bradshaw, do you agree?Finally, is Fred Davis over Vernon Davis as easy a decision as it seems?The one thing that I am unsure of is if I want to put too many eggs in one basket. If I start Grossman at QB, do I really want to be starting Moss and Davis as well? Could turn out to be great, but could be a risky move too. Thoughts? Thanks, I appreciate it!
I understand your concerns. I would start Romo if he starts, RG otherwise. Moss has historically torn up the Cowboys so I would start him and hope for another big outing. I love Fred Davis until Cooley shows he is healthy and moves Davis aside. Until then, roll with Davis, Fred Davis. Ben Tate is a great play this week, especially if Foster is out as it appears

Hey Jeff, PRR league

I had made an offer to this guy was offering Scott,thomas , ford for Jennings and he declined ssying didn't value Cinci's players much. He made another offer today Burleson for S. Jackson. I don't feel I can give up any of my runners, but I've listed his team below. He's pretty weak at rb.

Ryan,Orton

A. Johnson,Jennings,Burleson,Lloyd,Biscoe,Decker

Hightower,Mcgahee,Moreno,lynch,Carter, Rodgers

Moore

Maybe I just need to see what plays out this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
A WDIS question....

S. Jackson......any news on him. Looks like Ingram and Fred playing RB

Have L. moore in and probably D. Moore in my flex. How do you see Little doing this week? Crayton?

Also...Best or Tate regular scoring.

Fitz or Freeman?

Thanks

ON a side not......Jeff....Your a sooner fan? I bet.

OK, Jeff, this question started as a "should I make this deal". But as I thought about it, I realized that a different strategic question was behind it.

That question is "in a 4 keeper league, a lot of RBs are kept, but I always question the wisdom in this as they tend to only have a few years of excellence. As a PPR, often WRs are the best keepers as you can expect years out of a Calvin or AJ, for instance. There aren't many QBs that make the cut, yet those that do (Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees) are perennial stars, and can be firm bases of a team for 5-8 years easily. I was debating a trade of Cam Newton for Felix Jones (see my original post below). I like Felix's potential this year in particular, and maybe for a couple more. But Cam could be one of those perennial stars, or could be not worth keeping at any point in time."

So, the question is "what is a stud QB worth in a limited keeper league vs. a stud RB"?

Here is my original question:

I lost Jamal for the year, so I only have MJD and JStew as decent RBs and we can start up to 4.

PPR league, keep 4 each year.

I was offered Felix and Fred Davis for Cam Newton and Gresham.

My 2nd QB is Kolb (ugh, I know, but my strength is at WR (Calvin, Dez, SSmith (Car), etc.). My other TE is Finley, but we can start a TE as a flex.

I like the deal in the short term, but does Cam have serious keeper potential? Does Felix?

Jeff

PPR league, return league

Flex - Jordy Nelson, Daniel Thomas, Denarius Moore, Owen Daniels

Start Gore, ADP, Wallace, VJax, Graham and need ________

THIS IS ASSUMING FOSTER DOESN'T GO, EVEN IF HE DOES, NOT WORTH STARTING, RIGHT?

Thanks

Hey Jeff, PRR league

I had made an offer to this guy was offering Scott,thomas , ford for Jennings and he declined ssying didn't value Cinci's players much. He made another offer today Burleson for S. Jackson. I don't feel I can give up any of my runners, but I've listed his team below. He's pretty weak at rb.

Ryan,Orton

A. Johnson,Jennings,Burleson,Lloyd,Biscoe,Decker

Hightower,Mcgahee,Moreno,lynch,Carter, Rodgers

Moore

Maybe I just need to see what plays out this week?
Agree, and that is a BAD offer. Jackson will be back this week or next and Burleson is not much better than WR you can find on the WW

A WDIS question....

S. Jackson......any news on him. I do not think he plays much if at all. I do not remember him practicing this week. Looks like Ingram and Fred playing RB

Have L. moore in and probably D. Moore in my flex. How do you see Little doing this week? Crayton? I like Little having a decent game, as the Browns need to get him more involved. Hard for me to recommend Crayton at any time

Also...Best or Tate Tate regular scoring.

Fitz or Freeman?

Thanks

ON a side not......Jeff....Your a sooner fan? I bet. Follow the Sooners and Cowboys

A WDIS question....

S. Jackson......any news on him. I do not think he plays much if at all. I do not remember him practicing this week. Looks like Ingram and Fred playing RB

Have L. moore in and probably D. Moore in my flex. How do you see Little doing this week? Crayton? I like Little having a decent game, as the Browns need to get him more involved. Hard for me to recommend Crayton at any time

Fitz or Freeman?

Thanks

ON a side not......Jeff....Your a sooner fan? I bet. Follow the Sooners and Cowboys
Sooner have a nice fan base and I believe your coach conferred with Bama's coach on some offense and defensive stuff a while back.

OK, Jeff, this question started as a "should I make this deal". But as I thought about it, I realized that a different strategic question was behind it. That question is "in a 4 keeper league, a lot of RBs are kept, but I always question the wisdom in this as they tend to only have a few years of excellence. As a PPR, often WRs are the best keepers as you can expect years out of a Calvin or AJ, for instance. There aren't many QBs that make the cut, yet those that do (Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees) are perennial stars, and can be firm bases of a team for 5-8 years easily. I was debating a trade of Cam Newton for Felix Jones (see my original post below). I like Felix's potential this year in particular, and maybe for a couple more. But Cam could be one of those perennial stars, or could be not worth keeping at any point in time."So, the question is "what is a stud QB worth in a limited keeper league vs. a stud RB"? Here is my original question:I lost Jamal for the year, so I only have MJD and JStew as decent RBs and we can start up to 4.PPR league, keep 4 each year.I was offered Felix and Fred Davis for Cam Newton and Gresham.My 2nd QB is Kolb (ugh, I know, but my strength is at WR (Calvin, Dez, SSmith (Car), etc.). My other TE is Finley, but we can start a TE as a flex.I like the deal in the short term, but does Cam have serious keeper potential? Does Felix?
I do not think many QBs should be kept .... but if you think CAM is a star for the future, he is worth it. Think about having him for a 15-year career. I really do not like Felix long term. I liked his redraft PPR value but it might be foolhearty to think he can have sustained value. I might give another point of value on keeper value. I know I swim upstream, but in PPR leagues, RBs distinguish good teams from bad. I look at it as though a stable of good RBs can hold you while you draft a QB (say Rivers, etc) and a set of WRs (Britt, Smith - CAR, etc) and be better than trying to draft RBs to fill in the gaps. There are several WRs available every year that you can draft. In addition, with everyone else keeping RBs, there is a shortage of decent options at the draft. Something to think about...

JeffPPR league, return leagueFlex - Jordy Nelson, Daniel Thomas, Denarius Moore, Owen Daniels Start Gore, ADP, Wallace, VJax, Graham and need ________THIS IS ASSUMING FOSTER DOESN'T GO, EVEN IF HE DOES, NOT WORTH STARTING, RIGHT?Thanks
Yes, I would avoid Foster until we see him healthy. I would go with Thomas and hope Miami can get a lead and run the ball effectively. I actually see Thomas having a solid day. Nelson would be my next choice.

A WDIS question....

Fitz or Freeman?

Thanks

Sooner have a nice fan base and I believe your coach conferred with Bama's coach on some offense and defensive stuff a while back.
he needed to after his brother went to AZ and Pelini went to NEB. Big win for the Tide today. Waiting for 'Bama to roll over Les Miles and LSU

A WDIS question....

Fitz or Freeman?

Thanks

he needed to after his brother went to AZ and Pelini went to NEB. Big win for the Tide today. Waiting for 'Bama to roll over Les Miles and LSU
Hoping so Jeff....Florida and LSU should be our biggest hurdles. *of course the SEC is pretty tough

Jeff,

I'm now 1-2 with this team (see sig). Stafford, DMC, and Steve Johnson are pulling their weight but outside that it's been hit and miss, mostly miss, and a bunch of underperformers (especially by RBs).

Thoughts?

***Edit***

Also, should I pick up Ridley or Hunter and if so who should I drop?

Hello Jeff, REDRAFT

PPR in sig.

I'm going to list some players on the wire, But I have no idea if I can get any of them(so I guess I need to know priority for each.

First I dropped Campbell to get Kitna, but soon I will need a qb with not many options:

Dalton,Maybe Campbell can get,Smith,Gabbert,Young,Kaftka,Jackson

Cribbs, Walter,T. Smith,Don. Jones,Young,Caldwell,Jenkins,Damien Williams,Cruz,Sanzenbacher.................

Casey,Cook for Tn......wondering if his value up. We can play two te's(1 in flex) At the moment I figure ward is expendable and maybe Powell....?

Hunter(nevermind on hunter..taken) and Ridley....not sure Don't have gore in this league, but in another one.

Also....would you still buy low on CJ or M. Williams to name a few?

Trade for CJ ?? PPR REDRAFT

Listing his team below....(he will be 1-2 after tonights game. Would you make an offer now? or better to wait(my team 2-1 after this past weekend)

Rodgers

CJ,Best,Hardesty,Spiller,Hunter,Karim

Dez,Britt,Harvin,Armstrong,Evans,Bennet Britt out now????

Gresham,pettigrew.

I think I'd be nervous if were this guy.

Ok Jeff.....

I am fed up with Mr DeAngelo Williams......18yds & 2 catches! I am dropping him and whoever wants him can have him!

You see my team listed below, I have never started Williams so I think I will be okay!

I want to know would you drop him for:

**KENDALL HUNTER

or

**STEVAN RIDLEY

I have read about Earnest Graham and his 7 catches but he cant run for anything

JAMES CASEY had a fluke of a day yesterday the only interesting thing about him is that I can use him as a TE or RB....but is he worth it?

So, it still comes down to Hunter and Ridley, I am leaning towards Ridley but your opinion carries a lot of weight.

I just can't stand DeAngelo Williams taking up a roster spot....

THANKS JEFF!!!

Jeff,I'm now 1-2 with this team (see sig). Stafford, DMC, and Steve Johnson are pulling their weight but outside that it's been hit and miss, mostly miss, and a bunch of underperformers (especially by RBs).Thoughts?***Edit***Also, should I pick up Ridley or Hunter and if so who should I drop?
I do not think either help you unless injuries. Sorry that you are not wining, but you have a good team if that is an consolation.

Hello Jeff, REDRAFTPPR in sig.I'm going to list some players on the wire, But I have no idea if I can get any of them(so I guess I need to know priority for each.First I dropped Campbell to get Kitna, but soon I will need a qb with not many options:Dalton,Maybe Campbell can get,Smith,Gabbert,Young,Kaftka,JacksonCribbs, Walter,T. Smith,Don. Jones,Young,Caldwell,Jenkins,Damien Williams,Cruz,Sanzenbacher.................Casey,Cook for Tn......wondering if his value up. We can play two te's(1 in flex) At the moment I figure ward is expendable and maybe Powell....?Hunter(nevermind on hunter..taken) and Ridley....not sure Don't have gore in this league, but in another one.Also....would you still buy low on CJ or M. Williams to name a few?
Just try to pick Campbell up tomorrow if you can. Of those listed, I like Steve Smith (PHIL) better with maclin hurt. I like Donald Jones of the rest. I would also hold Ward over Powell. To me, HOU is runnign the ball well no matter who is at RB so I would hold as long as possible just for upside.

Trade for CJ ?? PPR REDRAFTListing his team below....(he will be 1-2 after tonights game. Would you make an offer now? or better to wait(my team 2-1 after this past weekend)RodgersCJ,Best,Hardesty,Spiller,Hunter,Karim Dez,Britt,Harvin,Armstrong,Evans,Bennet Britt out now????Gresham,pettigrew.I think I'd be nervous if were this guy.
I think I would offer SJax and Thomas or another middling WR

Ok Jeff.....

I am fed up with Mr DeAngelo Williams......18yds & 2 catches! I am dropping him and whoever wants him can have him!

You see my team listed below, I have never started Williams so I think I will be okay!

**KENDALL HUNTER

or

**STEVAN RIDLEY

JAMES CASEY had a fluke of a day yesterday the only interesting thing about him is that I can use him as a TE or RB....but is he worth it?

So, it still comes down to Hunter and Ridley, I am leaning towards Ridley but your opinion carries a lot of weight.

THANKS JEFF!!!
The upside is with Hunter given that NE has so many RBs to play. Hard to have much upside with four decent RBs sharing touches.

Trade for CJ ?? PPR REDRAFTListing his team below....(he will be 1-2 after tonights game. Would you make an offer now? or better to wait(my team 2-1 after this past weekend)RodgersCJ,Best,Hardesty,Spiller,Hunter,Karim Dez,Britt,Harvin,Armstrong,Evans,Bennet Britt out now????Gresham,pettigrew.I think I'd be nervous if were this guy.
YOur talking a very good WR.....and you see my Rb's as being ok I guess

I think DMoore and LMoore are just as good or better than Thomas so the loss at WR does not cost you much and you take a shot at striking gold with CJ

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
I think DMoore and LMoore are just as good or better than Thomas so the loss at WR does not cost you much and you take a shot at striking gold with CJ
Makes sense.......guess we'll go for it.

Hey Jeff,

Someone in my league dropped Joseph Addai and Danny Woodhead last week. I thought it was sketchy so I took Woodhead instead. My buddy told me he is injury prone and that Delone Carter will take his job soon. Well, as you know Addai had a pretty good game. I'm currently in 5th position in the waiver would this be a good time to use it? Also, Nate Washington is there too, who would you pick? I would be dropping Arizona def for one of them (NYG is my original starter). Thanks

Non-PPR, Standard scoring, 12 person.

My team:

RB: Turner, MJD, Jacobs, Woodhead

WR: Williams (TB), Lloyd, S. Rice, M. Thomas, R. Meachem

Hey Jeff

I am in standard ppr league. An owner in our league is 0-3 and has Mendy. Seeing that RB Mendenhall has started slow would you try to snag him from him for RB Ingram and D. william?

Thanks.

Hey Jeff,Someone in my league dropped Joseph Addai and Danny Woodhead last week. I thought it was sketchy so I took Woodhead instead. My buddy told me he is injury prone and that Delone Carter will take his job soon. Well, as you know Addai had a pretty good game. I'm currently in 5th position in the waiver would this be a good time to use it? Also, Nate Washington is there too, who would you pick? I would be dropping Arizona def for one of them (NYG is my original starter). ThanksNon-PPR, Standard scoring, 12 person.My team:RB: Turner, MJD, Jacobs, WoodheadWR: Williams (TB), Lloyd, S. Rice, M. Thomas, R. Meachem
pick up Nate Washington for sure. He could be a Top 15 WR the rest of the season. Addai is ok but will be inconsistent since the QB play in Indy is so sketchy

Hey JeffI am in standard ppr league. An owner in our league is 0-3 and has Mendy. Seeing that RB Mendenhall has started slow would you try to snag him from him for RB Ingram and D. william?Thanks.
Great deal fo you in redraft leagues. It is all about upgrading your starters in 2-for-1 deals, then picking up guys like Bernard Scott off the waiver wire.

hi Jeff. team #1 in sig. I was offered Aaron Rogers and msw for Fitzpatrick and Holmes. your thoughts on Holmes? Sanchez of killing me. is Rogers enough of an upgrade to offset losing Holmes? lots of mediocrity wr's on my roster

still working on upgrading wr's

'dollar demons said:
Hey Jeff,Got one more for you. Would you drop Manningham for N.Wahington? 6 pts per TD, 1 pt every 10 yds and 1/2 pt per reception.
yes, but risky. Look at Britt's production. I doubt Washington plays to that level but Hasselbeck is playing very well ... and Eli Manning is not

hi Jeff. team #1 in sig. I was offered Aaron Rogers and msw for Fitzpatrick and Holmes. your thoughts on Holmes? Sanchez of killing me. is Rogers enough of an upgrade to offset losing Holmes? lots of mediocrity wr's on my rosterstill working on upgrading wr's
you need WRs more than QB so I would pass. Rodgers is great and all but losing Holmes hurts a lot

Jeff:

12 team dynasty 18 player roster

Would you trade Tolbert (to Mathews owner) for Ridley?

my rbs: McCoy, Vereen, DCarter, Powell, and Scott

Thanks

12 team redraft league standard scoring PPR starters 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 Flex ( Rb or WR), 2 TE's, 1 K, 1 DEF

QB's J. Campbell, K. Collins, R. Grossman, M. Hasselbeck

RB's P. Hillis, F. Jones, MJD, D. McCluster, T. Choice, B. Leonard, L. McClain, M. Reece, L. Tomlinson,

WR's D. Bowe, B. Lloyd, B. Marshall, S. Moss, R. White, G. Tate, K. Walter

TE's E. Dickson, D. Keller, J. King, H. Miller

K R. Bironas, S. Janikowski

DEF Green Bay, New Orleans

So would you trade F. Jones, B. Marshall & T. Choice for L. McCoy, Jacoby Jones & J. Morgan. Am I giving up too much for getting a stud in McCoy in a PPR league. My Starters would end up being Hillis, McCoy, MJD, McCluster, Bowe, Llyod, Marshall, Moss & White. This trade would leave me thin during my bye weeks so don't know if I should do it.

Makes sense.......guess we'll go for it.
Guy wouldn[t bite......said injury history to big on jackson. Said thanks for the offer.

12 team redraft league standard scoring PPR starters 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 Flex ( Rb or WR), 2 TE's, 1 K, 1 DEFQB's J. Campbell, K. Collins, R. Grossman, M. Hasselbeck RB's P. Hillis, F. Jones, MJD, D. McCluster, T. Choice, B. Leonard, L. McClain, M. Reece, L. Tomlinson, WR's D. Bowe, B. Lloyd, B. Marshall, S. Moss, R. White, G. Tate, K. Walter TE's E. Dickson, D. Keller, J. King, H. Miller K R. Bironas, S. Janikowski DEF Green Bay, New Orleans So would you trade F. Jones, B. Marshall & T. Choice for L. McCoy, Jacoby Jones & J. Morgan. Am I giving up too much for getting a stud in McCoy in a PPR league. My Starters would end up being Hillis, McCoy, MJD, McCluster, Bowe, Llyod, Marshall, Moss & White. This trade would leave me thin during my bye weeks so don't know if I should do it.
I think i would do that deal EASILY to upgrade starters, then look to upgrade the reserve WRs via the waiver wire.

my team

flacco, fitz

sjax, foster,ingram, cadillac williams, brandon jacobs, daniel thomas

megatron, lloyd, holmes, jordy nelson

fred davis

i wanna trade sjax + lloyd, holmes,or jordy nelson for another WR, what guys should i be looking to get?

QB ISSUES.....

Romo cost me a win this week, came up just 10 pts short.

I am sure he will play this weekend coming up, then they have their bye week 5 ....

So, here are the QBs on the WW and their matchups week 5.......tell me who you think I should scoop up for Romo's bye week:

ANDY DALTON @ JAX

KYLE ORTON V SD

C PAINTER V KC

J CAMPBELL @ HOU

THANKS!

Hello Jeff,

Not one to ask this very often, but waiver defenses this week:

Atlanta vs Seatle

TN @ cleveland

Seattle vs Atlanta

Rams vs Redskins

Bills @ Bengals

Thinking Atlanta will be Mad this week

ALSO DROPPED DROPPED KITNA,POWELL, ROBERTS FOR CAMPBELL,JONES,YOUNG(HEARING YOUNG SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING MORE ACTION) I WAS LUCKY TO GET JONES PICKED UP IN THIS LEAGUE(WAIVERS ARE KIND OF TOUGH) also Denario alexander someone dropped>>>???

Serious Strategy decision. I need to decide if I should tear it down, stand pat and let the chips fall, or try to make a deal to compete this year.

12 Team Dynasty. Non-PPR

My roster:

QB: Vick, Kolb, Sanchez

RB: Wells, Bradshaw, Jacobs, Daniel Thomas, Tolbert, Hightower, M. Leshoure

WR: Britt, maclin, Burress, Tampa Mike, C. Shorts, V. Brown, Salas

TE: Scott Chandler, Evan Moore, Sea Zach Miller

Last week I reluctantly traded my 2012 1st rd rookie pick and Ryan Williams for Bradshaw and Jacobs. Britt was on fire and Maclin was coming on, so I felt I had a decent shot. Jump to this week and Britt is done for the year, Vick and Maclin are questionable and my prospects are looking bleak.

I've had a couple offers for Britt involving WRs that I'm not thrilled about, but if I remain patient I might be able to land a solid contributor for Britt as more teams fall out of contention...unfortunately the longer I wait the more likely I fall out of contention as well.

The second option is to sell some RB depth for 2012 1st round picks, hang on to Britt and hope to build it up again next year.

The final option is to just ride it out, see what happens and hope that Britt and Leshoure come back strong next year.

Selling my 2012 1st round pick really hamstrung me.

Any advice?

Ok Jeff.....

**KENDALL HUNTER

or

**STEVAN RIDLEY

THANKS JEFF!!!
The upside is with Hunter given that NE has so many RBs to play. Hard to have much upside with four decent RBs sharing touches.
OK Jeff, I have a few more names for you to consider....plus I cant find one article that says they think DeAngelo or CJohnson are bouncing back. CJohnson I want to wait on and see how Britt being out effects the game plan.

OK, so I like Ridley, you like Hunter.

What about any of these guys:

Earnest Graham v ATL

Deji Karim v NO

Hardesty v TEN

Cadillac Williams v WAS

Do you feel better if I drop Delone Carter instead of Williams?

How week do you think my RB roster looks?

THANKS AGAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread