What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevan Ridley (2 Viewers)

'Joe Summer said:
'Deaddawg said:
The shark move is to pick up Ridley now before he breaks out. If he puts up 60+ rushing and 30+ receiving this week, those of us who are 3-0 or 2-1 will have almost no chance of getting him.
"The Shark Move Is To Pick Up [Player X] Before He Breaks Out" is great schtick. :thumbup:
Wow, I feel special! I got dissed by one of the most well known trolls in the Shark Pool. :thanks:

'Joe Summer said:
'Deaddawg said:
The shark move is to pick up Ridley now before he breaks out. If he puts up 60+ rushing and 30+ receiving this week, those of us who are 3-0 or 2-1 will have almost no chance of getting him.
"The Shark Move Is To Pick Up [Player X] Before He Breaks Out" is great schtick. :thumbup:
Wow, I feel special! I got dissed by one of the most well known trolls in the Shark Pool. :thanks:
speaking of sharks...your sig is one of the best. thanks for all the info. :mellow:

'Joe Summer said:
'Deaddawg said:
speaking of sharks...your sig is one of the best. thanks for all the info. :mellow:
:welcome: Saves time in the Assistant Coach forums.

I think NE has found an RB!!!!! Yeah Baby!!!!

5 rushes 69 yards and 1 TD!! I lost Hightower but gained a better one! :banned:

Da Riddlah is running his way up tha depth charts, kid!!!Glad I picked him up before the games today :excited:
I could have had him for a whole $1 this week, but Yudkin seemed to be down on the kid.Now he'll cost forty times that, and I'm not gonna be the one to pay it. :ptts:

I know Brady is ripping it up throwing the ball but for the Patriots to win they are going to have to learn to run the ball more and manage the clock. It is fun to watch a team throw for 500 yards a game but that doesn't gaurentee victory as we seen with the Bills game. I kind of think the Patriots get back to the ground game this week against Oakland and they start grinding some games out in the 2nd half.
Unfortunately, between McFadden (if 100%) and NE defense, I don't believe they'll get that chance. :unsure: Like every coach, Belichick wants to win the Superbowl. It's been a while, 2004 season, coincidentely the last time they had a stud RB. Corey Dillon played in...

15 regular season games:

Carries 345

Yards 1,635

TDs 12

3 playoff games:

292 Yards

2 TDs

I do believe Belichick has been searching (first 2 of 3 rounds = RB). Ridley will get the majority if carries this week and going foward... :unsure:

I bought the cool-aid. :shark:
1-10-OAK 33 (11:15) S.Ridley right tackle for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN. :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: 5 Car

69 Yards

1 TD

One would have to think he earned himself some more playing time today. This is two weeks in a row he outperformed Green Ellis with less touches

Belichick gave him a nice pat on the helmet at the end of the game. That's a good sign he has confidence in this kid.

He had runs of 20, 25 and 33 yds today. He is by far the most explosive RB they have right now. That being said the best we can hope for is a 50/50 split going forward. They still had BJGE out there and he was averaging 5 a carry. The odd man out I think is Woodhead from the looks of it. He will definitely be in as my flex in one league and outright RB2 in my other. Let us hope the good times keep on rolling!

I have Ridley and BJGE - looks to me that both of these guys had productive days. Will be hard to choose which one to play as a flex but Ridley may get the vote next time.

He had runs of 20, 25 and 33 yds today. He is by far the most explosive RB they have right now. That being said the best we can hope for is a 50/50 split going forward. They still had BJGE out there and he was averaging 5 a carry. The odd man out I think is Woodhead from the looks of it. He will definitely be in as my flex in one league and outright RB2 in my other. Let us hope the good times keep on rolling!
I think it's 50/50 for the near future, but could see the more talented Ridley becoming the feature back as the season goes on. There were huge holes where Benny was picking up 10 yards where you just know Ridley could have turned into much bigger gains.

Anyone who has been watching this kid could see this type of effort was coming...that's the good news...the bad news (fantasy-wise) is Benny ran very well today as well...speculating the future the guess is Ridley shares carries with Benny going forward meaning he will be fantasy relevant...probably on par with a Tolbert...the x-factor is Vereen...he's been MIA so far but you have to figure he's going to appear at some point...if Woody is nicked up it could be as early as next week...keeper/dynasty-wise you have to be very excited about Ridley as Benny is on a one year deal so there's a chance he could be out-of-the-picture in 2012...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has been watching this kid could see this type of effort was coming...that's the good news...the bad news (fantasy-wise) is Benny ran very well today as well...speculating the future the guess is Ridley shares carries with Benny going forward meaning he will be fantasy relevant...probably on par with a Tolbert...the x-factor is Vereen...he's been MIA so far but you have to figure he's going to appear at some point...if Woody is nicked up it could be as early as next week...keeper/dynasty-wise you have to be very excited about Ridley as Benny is a one year deal so there's a chance he could be out-of-the-picture in 2012...
I like the Tolbert comparison for the near-term. If BJGE gets injured, we may be talking top 10-15 the rest of the season.

%26%2339%3BJoe Summer said:
%26%2339%3BDeaddawg%26%2339%3B said:
:lol:

Here's the breakdown on his touches today in case anyone is interested

1-10 Oak 32 (7:21 1st)(Shotgun) Direct snap to 22-S.Ridley. 22-S.Ridley right end to OAK 17 for 15 yards (28-J.Porter).

1-10 NE 19 (15:00 2nd) 22-S.Ridley right end to NE 44 for 25 yards (55-R.McClain). Penalty on OAK-92-R.Seymour, Defensive Offside, declined.

2-10 NE 44 (14:30 2nd) 22-S.Ridley left end to NE 40 for -4 yards (94-J.Moss).

1-10 NE 19 (14:54 3rd) 66-T.Welch reported in as eligible. 22-S.Ridley right tackle to NE 19 for no gain (99-L.Houston, 52-Q.Groves)

2-10 NE 19 (14:14 3rd) 12-T.Brady pass short left to 22-S.Ridley to NE 22 for 3 yards (55-R.McClain; 28-J.Porter).

1-10 Oak 46 (12:57 3rd) 66-T.Welch reported in as eligible. 22-S.Ridley left guard to OAK 46 for no gain. PENALTY on OAK-52-Q.Groves, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 46 - No Play.

1-10 Oak 33 (11:15 3rd) 22-S.Ridley right tackle for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

2-21 NE 38 (9:40 4th) (Shotgun) 22-S.Ridley right tackle to NE 42 for 4 yards (30-J.Boyd; 55-R.McClain).

2-10 Oak 26 (3:36 4th) 22-S.Ridley left tackle to OAK 23 for 3 yards (90-D.Bryant)

3-2 Oak 2 (1:59 4th) 66-T.Welch reported in as eligible. 22-S.Ridley right tackle to OAK 1 for 1 yard (52-Q.Groves, 93-T.Kelly)

4-1 Oak 1 (1:23 4th) 22-S.Ridley up the middle to OAK 1 for no gain (30-J.Boyd, 79-J.Henderson).

How much did we really learn about him today? Yeah he looked explosive and put up good numbers, but as others have mentioned BJGE ran well today as well and Woodhead was hurt. This week certainly helps his value but I don't think the Pats RB situation is any less murky going forward.

How much did we really learn about him today? Yeah he looked explosive and put up good numbers, but as others have mentioned BJGE ran well today as well and Woodhead was hurt. This week certainly helps his value but I don't think the Pats RB situation is any less murky going forward.
I think we learned a lot...first of all the momentum he's been gaining continued...he was more involved and he looked very good...secondly we learned that he appears to becoming a substantial piece of the Patriot running puzzle and for a second week in a row BB played him during important stretches of the game...the bottomline is we learned that this kid will probably be fantasy-relevant this year and continues to have a very intriguing upside...

Ridley looked great.

Bummer seeing him get stuffed inside the 5 at the end.

Hey Joe, do you think A.J. Green is a good WR? A great mind once said he wouldn't get 10 pts again after his 10 pt performance in week one.Hmmm, might be here http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=612028&st=0

:boxing:

I thought Ridley looked great, today. That said, I was disappointed at the end of the game when Hoody gave hm 2 GL carries and he didn't convert. Seemed like Bill was definitely giving him a shot to earn a bigger piece of the pie. He still improved his standing this week, but I bet he could've grabbed a chance to run with the lion's share in the next couple weeks if he'd managed to convert one of those touches for a second TD.

Hey Joe, do you think A.J. Green is a good WR? A great mind once said he wouldn't get 10 pts again after his 10 pt performance in week one.Hmmm, might be here http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=612028&st=0

:boxing:
hey you two, stop peeing in the pool, and take your *issues* elsewhere.and now back to your regularly scheduled riddler programming. who else had the stones to start him this week?

btw - his pic is on the splash page for league home on CBS now RE: news.

the train has officially left the station.

I thought Ridley looked great, today. That said, I was disappointed at the end of the game when Hoody gave hm 2 GL carries and he didn't convert.
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now. Don't sweat it. The game was over... they were running the clock. They were not running plays with fancy trap blocking or anything. They were straight-ahead dives. I really don't think Bill cared if the kid scored or not, though I'm sure Ridley would have liked to.

Ridley is a pickup and looks like a talent but I wouldnt go dumping BJGE. He also looked good and is the starter. I always stayed away from NE Rb due to they seem to run with 3 RBs at times. Hard to predict when one of them will have a big day. that being said Ridley is a good flex play going forward and a great bye week fill in . if Ben Jarvis ever got injured his value would jump through the roof.

I thought Ridley looked great, today. That said, I was disappointed at the end of the game when Hoody gave hm 2 GL carries and he didn't convert.
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now. Don't sweat it. The game was over... they were running the clock. They were not running plays with fancy trap blocking or anything. They were straight-ahead dives. I really don't think Bill cared if the kid scored or not, though I'm sure Ridley would have liked to.
Let me start off by saying id LOVE for the rook to take the job entirely....but if you believe what you said above you should at least watch the BB special put on by NFL network a couple weeks back. Trust me, BB cares how efficiently he discharges #### from his ### let alone how his players play in "garbagge time" (which is why he continues to try to run up the score...and I agree with him, if you want to be the best, be the best, ALWAYS).Now will he take it as a "the kid isnt ready" and decrease his role, I would imagine not, but trust me, BB was watching and making note...

Let me start off by saying id LOVE for the rook to take the job entirely....but if you believe what you said above you should at least watch the BB special put on by NFL network a couple weeks back. Trust me, BB cares how efficiently he discharges #### from his ### let alone how his players play in "garbagge time" (which is why he continues to try to run up the score...and I agree with him, if you want to be the best, be the best, ALWAYS).Now will he take it as a "the kid isnt ready" and decrease his role, I would imagine not, but trust me, BB was watching and making note...
I saw the program and I stand by what I wrote. He ran two basic dive plays into the pile. If they scored, great. Even Belichick has his moments of humanity when he calls the dogs off.

I saw the program and I stand by what I wrote. He ran two basic dive plays into the pile. If they scored, great. Even Belichick has his moments of humanity when he calls the dogs off.
That's really projecting there. If he's calling a running play at the goal line the purpose is to score. Period. No matter when it is. It's Belichick. There is no let up in the guy. You play the whole game is what he preaches. Especially, if you're a young guy getting some touches with a chance to show him something. Dismissing this as well they weren't really trying is ludicrous. If he wanted to kill the clock, he'd have had Brady take a knee and not risk any injuries.

That's really projecting there. If he's calling a running play at the goal line the purpose is to score. Period. No matter when it is. It's Belichick. There is no let up in the guy. You play the whole game is what he preaches. Especially, if you're a young guy getting some touches with a chance to show him something. Dismissing this as well they weren't really trying is ludicrous. If he wanted to kill the clock, he'd have had Brady take a knee and not risk any injuries.
You guys win. He ran two of the most cleverly designed running plays I've ever seen and I'm STUNNED they failed to score. :shrug:

I mean, seriously... HOW on earth did they not score on these four creative rushing plays?

1st and 3 at OAK 3 B.Green-Ellis up the middle to OAK 3 for no gain (R.Seymour).

2nd and 3 at OAK 3 B.Green-Ellis up the middle to OAK 2 for 1 yard (K.Wimbley; T.Kelly).

3rd and 2 at OAK 2 S.Ridley right tackle to OAK 1 for 1 yard (Q.Groves, T.Kelly).

4th and 1 at OAK 1 S.Ridley up the middle to OAK 1 for no gain (J.Boyd, J.Henderson).

I mean, seriously... HOW on earth did they not score on these four creative rushing plays?

1st and 3 at OAK 3 B.Green-Ellis up the middle to OAK 3 for no gain (R.Seymour).

2nd and 3 at OAK 3 B.Green-Ellis up the middle to OAK 2 for 1 yard (K.Wimbley; T.Kelly).

3rd and 2 at OAK 2 S.Ridley right tackle to OAK 1 for 1 yard (Q.Groves, T.Kelly).

4th and 1 at OAK 1 S.Ridley up the middle to OAK 1 for no gain (J.Boyd, J.Henderson).
Didnt realize it, but it makes me feel better Lawfirm got stuffed as well!

And this is why it's important to be ahead of the curve with guys like this. Good luck getting him now if you hadn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread