What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carson Palmer Traded to Oakland (1 Viewer)

dgr81

Footballguy
@JayGlazer

Trade is for a first-rounder in 2012 then a second rounder in future that can turn into a first-rounder based on his play

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakland will send their 2012 first round pick and a conditional future pick.
If Cincy got a 1st and an additional pick, I'd say that more than validates their stance where Palmer is/was concerned. That's good chit on the Bengals' part right there if true.

Oh hell no. Really Hue Jackson? Really?

I don't think this team is Super Bowl ready to be throwing away first round picks.

Carson Palmer, QB CINNews: FOX Sports reports that the Bengals and Raiders are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to the Raiders in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in the future. The trade is expected to be completed before Tuesday's deadline. Analysis: This trade would send Palmer from retired quarterback to a possible No. 1 Fantasy QB, possibly as soon as this Sunday against the Chiefs. The Raiders lost starter Jason Campbell for an extended amount of time -- possibly the season -- due to a collarbone injury. Fantasy owners should be looking to put in a waiver claim for Palmer immediately. We'll continue to update you on this situation, including whether or not he'll be able to make a start on Sunday. The Raiders will be on a bye following Week 7.

A 1st round pick what? Giving up a 1st rounder means Palmer is not a rental. What message are they sending to Jason Campbell now? They expect Palmer to be their QB in future years to come? Palmer may have a few years left but that's all you're gonna get from him. The Bengals win huge on this deal.

I feel bad for the Raider Nation...throwing away a 1st round pick on Carson Palmer!?!? Did they watch him (under)throw last year? His arm is shot. Even if he could play for another year or maybe two is that what you want to trade a 1st round pick on?

Carson Palmer, QB CIN

News: FOX Sports reports that the Bengals and Raiders are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to the Raiders in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in the future. The trade is expected to be completed before Tuesday's deadline.

Analysis: This trade would send Palmer from retired quarterback to a possible No. 1 Fantasy QB, possibly as soon as this Sunday against the Chiefs. .
:hawkscreech:

LOL

Twitter isn't a reliable source of information.
Depends on who's doing the tweeting. Jay Glazer would seem to be a reliable source.If the Raiders do trade a #1 (AND a conditional draft pick!) for Palmer, it would be a terrible deal for the Silver & Black. Last year Palmer looked washed up.

A 1st round pick what? Giving up a 1st rounder means Palmer is not a rental. What message are they sending to Jason Campbell now? They expect Palmer to be their QB in future years to come? Palmer may have a few years left but that's all you're gonna get from him. The Bengals win huge on this deal.
Has whoever made this trade for the Raiders actually seen a an NFL game? If this is true the person who made this deal should be fired on the spot.Palmer has been terrible the last few years. At the very most I would give a 4th round pick for him and I don't even think I would go that high.

So how do we view Palmer as related to other WW prospects... How long before he can be effective?

Initial view may be: Tebow>Palmer>John Beck>Bradford>Ponder?

A first rounder AND a conditional pick. Wow. Mike Brown may no longer be the most hated individual in Cincinnati history. Adding Dalton, AJ Green and getting a first for Palmer is a heckuva year! :thumbup:

I thought the Raiders were looking for a guy to "manage" games, not win them. That is a lot to give up for a game manager.

Mort saying the conditional pick could be a 1st rounder in 2013. For Raider fans, hopefully it goes into effect only if Palmer successfully resurrects Al Davis.

The raiders have traded almost all of their other picks already. they are painted into a corner. They have a team that isn't ready to roll over and give the division to the Chargers. So, in real life, I am sure they would rather roll with Palmer than Boller. You never know when you have a chance to compete and the raiders don't want to squander their best start in years.

I think campbell is a FA after the season too so maybe a first on a former first overall pick is just as good to them as the 3rd or so best rookie QB next year.

I do not think it is ideal for them but it does seem necessary.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Carson Palmer to the Raiders now official. Compensation expected to be a 1 in 2012 and a conditional 1 in 2013.

We are going to get to see if the problem was Palmer's arm or OchoZeros horrid route running. I do know that when passes were intended for Shipley, they were on the money.

A first-round pick for Carson Palmer? Who says Al Davis is dead? :confused:
Palmer's 40-time can't be THAT good these days.
All that matters is Palmer's arm? Can he throw a go route? If so "kids gonna be a stah!"
I was replying to the Al Davis comment....he always liked speed....always drafted guys that could run....oh, nevermind.
I know what you meant.Already quite a few wanna be GM's in this thread declaring this a horrible move by Oakland. Why?I believe the Raiders just traded for the can't miss 1st rounder in the 2009 draft and paid a couple conditional picks.

Are you kidding me??? Vince Young is a better QB than Palmer even though his stats do not show it. But Vince is younger and won't cost the Raiders a 1st round draft pick. Plus he has the same skillset as Campbell but a better runner. WOW.

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Vince Young was the Raiders' fallback plan if they hadn't landed Carson Palmer.

It's likely a moot point now, but it's interesting to note that Young still garners interest around the league as a starter. He's set to become a free agent after this season"

Are you kidding me??? Vince Young is a better QB than Palmer even though his stats do not show it. But Vince is younger and won't cost the Raiders a 1st round draft pick. Plus he has the same skillset as Campbell but a better runner. WOW.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Vince Young was the Raiders' fallback plan if they hadn't landed Carson Palmer.It's likely a moot point now, but it's interesting to note that Young still garners interest around the league as a starter. He's set to become a free agent after this season"
As an owner of Moore, - 'WHEW'

I wonder if the other owners or league commish can vote to veto this trade due to it being lopsided?

Palmer stunk 2 years ago. I'm sure he's worse now.

We are going to get to see if the problem was Palmer's arm or OchoZeros horrid route running. I do know that when passes were intended for Shipley, they were on the money.
I think his arm is shot, but in fairness to him two of his better weeks came at the end of the season without TO and Ocho in the line-up when he was throwing to Simpson and Caldwell.

AdamSchefter Adam SchefterCarson Palmer to the Raiders now official. Compensation expected to be a 1 in 2012 and a conditional 1 in 2013.
So they announced the trade. But compensation "EXPECTED" to be 1 in 2012 and conditional 1 in 2013?I think when the trade is officially announced, the compensation is going to be less than that. A 1 and conditional 1 for Carson Palmer is going to be unreal -- basically the Bengals recoup the #1 pick they used on Palmer way back when and a bit more. That's a lot when you consider Palmer didn't even take Cincy to the Super Bowl.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Vince Young was the Raiders' fallback plan if they hadn't landed Carson Palmer.It's likely a moot point now, but it's interesting to note that Young still garners interest around the league as a starter. He's set to become a free agent after this season"
As an owner of Moore, - 'WHEW'
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Rotoworld is reporting that the deal is close to done.

The Raiders and Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to Oakland, according to FOX's Jay Glazer.

Per Glazer, the deal is expected to be completed by today's 4pm ET deadline with Cincy receiving a first-round pick in 2012 and a future conditional pick. He adds that Hue Jackson's close, personal relationship with Bengals owner Mike Brown is what got the Bengals to move off their stubborn stance. Jackson was the Bengals' wide receivers coach from 2004-06. Palmer may need a week to get his feet under him, but the 31-year-old will give an Oakland passing game that was set to go in the tank under Kyle Boller some life. Hold your Raiders wideouts.

The Beloved Silver and Black gives up a first for Palmer??? If I didn't know any better...nah.

R.I.P Al.

Users who are viewing this thread