What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

The thing I'm most upset about is these ####### have completely ruined the phrase "rhythmic slapping sound" for me.

I hope they all burn in hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two McQueary theories (not rumors, just theories) I heard:

1) He's been working for investigators for years. The BoT knows this and that's why they aren't firing him. But, is that something that would have been in the grand jury report or released elsewhere by now?

2) The second theory of why McQueary hasn't been fired is that maybe he was, at one time, a Sandusky victim.

Again, just theories thrown out there on local radio. There just seems to be something we don't know about him, since he's keeping his job.

Two McQueary theories (not rumors, just theories) I heard:1) He's been working for investigators for years. The BoT knows this and that's why they aren't firing him. But, is that something that would have been in the grand jury report or released elsewhere by now?2) The second theory of why McQueary hasn't been fired is that maybe he was, at one time, a Sandusky victim.Again, just theories thrown out there on local radio. There just seems to be something we don't know about him, since he's keeping his job.
McQueary is about to be let go... Reports are imminent. Not coaching Saturday either.

Two McQueary theories (not rumors, just theories) I heard:1) He's been working for investigators for years. The BoT knows this and that's why they aren't firing him. But, is that something that would have been in the grand jury report or released elsewhere by now?2) The second theory of why McQueary hasn't been fired is that maybe he was, at one time, a Sandusky victim.Again, just theories thrown out there on local radio. There just seems to be something we don't know about him, since he's keeping his job.
McQueary is about to be let go... Reports are imminent. Not coaching Saturday either.
Well then, never mind.

The thing I'm most upset about is these ####### have completely ruined the phrase "rhythmic slapping sound" for me.

I hope they all burn in hell.
I have grown up with a couple of kids that were in this type of situation and that sums it up perfectly. I hope they burn in hell. To take advantage of a confused kid should be punishable by death.

Absolutely...but how is it "covering it up" to report it to your boss? And if an on campus investigation happens and declares no problem, how is it then still on Paterno? HE DIDN'T SEE IT. HE'S NOT THE WITNESS.
Put yourself in Paterno's shoes. If you hear the story McQueary told him, told Curley about it, and never heard of anything happening to Sandusky afterwards, how would you react? You'd just forget about it? You would let the guy continue to bring young boys around your team and practices, locker rooms, etc? You'd stay quiet when the guy brought kids on trips to bowl games?
I feel sure that Paterno didn't just forget about it. Either he knew about what was continuing to happen and helped cover it up or he was told something was done and it would never happen again and don't worry about it. I don't think you just "forget" someone telling you that.

Since everyone seems to have missed it the first time:

McQueary's future at Penn State unclear after private trustee meeting

Thursday, November 10, 2011

By Michael Sanserino, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - The future of assistant football coach Mike McQueary is in doubt after a closed-door trustees meeting this afternoon.

Acting university president Rod Erickson this evening told reporters to "stay tuned" when asked why Mr. McQueary, who reportedly witnessed the rape of a child by a former football coach, was still employed.

Mr. Erickson indicated the university could take action on Mr. McQueary late tonight or tomorrow morning. When asked if Mr. McQueary was still employed as of Thursday evening, Mr. Erickson replied "as I said, you'll hear more."

Though he had not been charged with a crime, Mr. McQueary emerged as the biggest target for public criticism of the sex-abuse scandal that has rocked the university following the firing football coach Joe Paterno.

According to grand jury documents, Mr. McQueary was the only person to witness former coach Jerry Sandusky sexually assault a boy in the showers in 2002. And he is the lowest-ranking of all Penn State officials named in the court documents, making his job more expendable than those who have already parted with the university.

The fate of former athletic director Tim Curley, who is on a paid leave of absence as he defends himself against charges of perjury and failure to report a crime, was not discussed, Mr. Erickson said.

Interim athletic director Mark Sherburne was at the trustees meeting, and though interim football coach Tom Bradley said Mr. McQueary's fate remained in his hands, Mr. Sherburne declined comment.

"I'm not able to comment on that right now," he said.

When asked who could comment on Mr. McQueary's future, Mr. Sherburne responded "I'm not sure of that right now."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11314/1189042-100.stm?cmpid=news.xml#ixzz1dMRaYWrr

took some heat on Twitter earlier today for calling Paterno a "scapegoat." He's got a good read up now: http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/
I doubt it will happen but some of the "angrier" people in this thread need to come down from their podiums and actually look a some facts instead of speculations. This article sums up what many of the "Paterno apologists", that some of us have been painted as, have been trying to say. Paterno has paid dearly for, as we know right now, little involvement he had. Others have been charged with crimes, actual witnesses still have their jobs, the actual perp is out on bail yet Paterno has been the focus. Why?The cloud is still in the air, the dust still floating around and people have been calling for Paterno's head, unjustly mind you. Scapegoat? So far, yes.
That article is a joke by a self-interested Paterno worshiper watching sales numbers for his upcoming now canceled fawning Paterno bio go swirling down the toilet bowl. Pathetic.
I'm not so sure his book will be a poor seller, given recent events.

Absolutely...but how is it "covering it up" to report it to your boss? And if an on campus investigation happens and declares no problem, how is it then still on Paterno? HE DIDN'T SEE IT. HE'S NOT THE WITNESS.
Put yourself in Paterno's shoes. If you hear the story McQueary told him, told Curley about it, and never heard of anything happening to Sandusky afterwards, how would you react? You'd just forget about it? You would let the guy continue to bring young boys around your team and practices, locker rooms, etc? You'd stay quiet when the guy brought kids on trips to bowl games?
I feel sure that Paterno didn't just forget about it. Either he knew about what was continuing to happen and helped cover it up or he was told something was done and it would never happen again and don't worry about it. I don't think you just "forget" someone telling you that.
He knew in 97. Why are people overlooking this? He knew in 97.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is going to get defcon 5 worse before it gets better?
Everyone seems to think that. But, maybe it won't. Lots of people are throwing out a lot of different theories. People are dreaming up ways for this story to be even bigger. But, hopefully, it is what it is and won't be anything more.

I heard that Sandusky was shopping at ****'s sporting goods today like nothing happened. Anybody know if this is true?

Students should be outside his house. Waiting.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is going to get defcon 5 worse before it gets better?
Everyone seems to think that. But, maybe it won't. Lots of people are throwing out a lot of different theories. People are dreaming up ways for this story to be even bigger. But, hopefully, it is what it is and won't be anything more.
Give me a hypothetical where the balloon deflates from here. Because I dont see it, especially now that Joepa is not going to answer questions.

Unless Joe was actively involved with the cover up, whats to say Curley didnt tell him that after an investigation was done, no wrong doing was discovered to have occurred? Thats the lie he told Second Mile. He could have told that same lie to others. Why the lies and perjury by Curley is the major question right now in my opinion.

Unless Joe was actively involved with the cover up, whats to say Curley didnt tell him that after an investigation was done, no wrong doing was discovered to have occurred? Thats the lie he told Second Mile. He could have told that same lie to others. Why the lies and perjury by Curley is the major question right now in my opinion.
I'm wondering this too.

I can see Curley doing that in 1998, but not in 2002. If Curley told Paterno that no wrongdoing was discovered in 2002, then it would mean that Mike McQueary is not only a liar, but he lied right to Paterno's face and sparked an investigation that could have brought down the whole administration.But if Mike McQueary is a liar, why would Joe Paterno hire him, promote him, and keep him on staff for the next 9 years?

I'm wondering this too.
"Those rhythmic slapping sounds were merely the plumbing in the old showers Joe, we need to have that checked out. I will tell the janitors to take a look"

I'm wondering this too.
He lied about what McQueary told him. If he admitted to McQueary telling him of sexual abuse, then by law he has to report to the Dept of Public Welfare department or Child and Youth services and law enforcement. By lying and saying McQueary only told him of "horsing around", then he's not required to contact authorities, therefore not in any legal trouble.

Posnanski took some heat on Twitter earlier today for calling Paterno a "scapegoat." He's got a good read up now: http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/
Great article. What a week.
Thanks for this link. I says what I have been unable to say. JoePa deserves better than he's gotten to this point.
They seem to be in the process of dumping everyone involved. Not sure how that makes Joe a "scapegoat".

I can see Curley doing that in 1998, but not in 2002. If Curley told Paterno that no wrongdoing was discovered in 2002, then it would mean that Mike McQueary is not only a liar, but he lied right to Paterno's face and sparked an investigation that could have brought down the whole administration.But if Mike McQueary is a liar, why would Joe Paterno hire him, promote him, and keep him on staff for the next 9 years?
Lot of space between "McQueary gave you all the exact info" and "McQueary lied". Look, let's face it. No one wants to hear that their good friend is a pedophile. So it wouldn't be that difficult to find something in between that gets Paterno to drop it. Maybe something like Mike was confused, Jerry was just rubbing the kids back. He did that before (if Paterno knew about 98, or maybe they skip that). He just likes to get close to the kids but it's inappropriate and we're not going to let him do that anymore. Presto. Sandusky isn't a pedo and McQueary isn't a liar. And again, it's easier to lie to someone who wants to believe that their friend is not a sick pervert. Who knows what really happened. But it's silly to say there is no chance it went down like that.

Hate to be late and repeat anything already said but I haven't seen much discussion of this yet...

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS If I told you Pennsylvania authorities released Sandusky w/ out asking him to put up one thin dime in bail, would you believe me?SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS Sandusky's bail for 40 counts of child rape was already a laughably low $100,000. Of which he paid authorities in State College exactly zeroSPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS Understandable though, it's not like Sandusky's house is literally 1,000 feet from an elementary school .SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS State College, PA: Where your good standing at Penn State earns you absolutely free release from 40 criminal counts of child rape.

Has the NCAA ever disciplined a program for transgressions that didn't enhance its competitiveness?
Just wait until the Foundation for those kids was a money laundering front for recruiting or something. There's a lot of stuff yet to be uncovered, IMO.
That would certainly bring the house down. But what does the NCAA do if there's no dirty recruiting or player compensation going on?

Lot of space between "McQueary gave you all the exact info" and "McQueary lied". Look, let's face it. No one wants to hear that their good friend is a pedophile. So it wouldn't be that difficult to find something in between that gets Paterno to drop it. Maybe something like Mike was confused, Jerry was just rubbing the kids back. He did that before (if Paterno knew about 98, or maybe they skip that). He just likes to get close to the kids but it's inappropriate and we're not going to let him do that anymore. Presto. Sandusky isn't a pedo and McQueary isn't a liar.
Just one problem: Paterno has testified that McQueary said Sandusky was "doing something of a sexual nature" with a young boy.That rules out "just rubbing the kids back" and I'm pretty sure it rules out "Mike was confused", also.

Users who are viewing this thread