What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kahlil Bell (2 Viewers)

DaWidowMaker

Footballguy
I've lost Fred Jax, Mark Ingram and Demarco Murray but have still managed to make it to the SuperBowl. In a start two RB league I'm faced with the option of inserting either:

1)Chris Ivory

2)Jackie Battle or

3)Kahill Bell

in my lineup next to C.J. Spiller for a chance to win all the marbles.

Not asking WDIS but last weeks numbers were quite a surprise for Bell and if Lovie has indeed removed (a large part of) Marion Barber from the equation due to his bonehead plays 2 weeks ago, Bell could be a fantasy savior in line with the Drew Bennett and Billy Voleks' of the world. Do you think he is smoke and mirrors or could he actually be a good play vs the Pack?

I'm seriously considering plugging him in and hoping he leads me to hoisting the trophy Sunday night. Surely I'm not alone in this train of thought?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are playing your league's championship game not the Superbowl

My thoughts on Khalil Bell are that Bears are starting a new qb - more risk. That risk could mean high reward for Bell.

Bell produced last week as a change of pace back. That is much different than a starting running back.

Green Bay could use this game as their last meaningful regular season game and make it a point to put it on the Bears.

Bell should get at least 15 rush attempts and 2 screen passes. Barber should get any goal line carries (if there are any against GB).

My thoughts on Khalil Bell are that Bears are starting a new qb - more risk. That risk could mean high reward for Bell.

Bell produced last week as a change of pace back. That is much different than a starting running back.

Green Bay could use this game as their last meaningful regular season game and make it a point to put it on the Bears.

Bell should get at least 15 rush attempts and 2 screen passes. Barber should get any goal line carries (if there are any against GB).
Its called the SuperBowl in MY league.....someone must be having a bad morning. Its Christmas time, relax playa.

In PPR I think he's a solid start. Barber seems to be falling out of favor. Knox is injured. A new QB is likely to check down a lot. I'm trying to get up the bravery/stupidity to start him along side Rice over F. Jones, Mendenhall, Blount and Tolbert.

I am going with Bell in one of my championships. It is between him, hillis and jacobs for my 2nd RB spot paired with MBush. It is PPR format, hillis is playing baltimore and I'd much rather roll the dice again with bell over jacobs, worked out for me this past sunday. I was fortunate enough to have Brady, Graham and Akers on this team, since my entire team is plagued by injury (Britt, Jennings, Best, McFadden, Andre) and underperformers (Stevie, Santonio, BJGE, Hillis)...

Come on Bell!!

With injuries to McFadden and G. Jennings I'm going to roll with him in my flex over P. Garcon and B. Lloyde and I feel pretty good about it. I think Green Bay scores a ton in this game and it wouldn't surprise me to see Bell catching a lot of passes. My league is not a ppr but I'd REALY feel good about Bell in a ppr league.

it could be a good play. Would you start him over options like p.thomas, ryan grant, and lance ball? I just wonder how many times chi will have a chance to score. Don't see many points, even against gb

P.Thomas would be a better option I think. I'm thinking of snagging him off our ww and playing him. I am worried that S.Jax is gonna suck this week in Pitt

it could be a good play. Would you start him over options like p.thomas, ryan grant, and lance ball? I just wonder how many times chi will have a chance to score. Don't see many points, even against gb
ppr, definitely...standard, probably. I think 10-12 in standard is a safe bet (60 rushing, 40-60 receiving), and 15-20 in ppr...I dont see those other three options getting that

I am seriously thinking about starting Bell over Lynch v. SF and Greene, just b/c he's frustrated me all year and puts up stinkers when I start him. Bell will be out to prove himself and I agree he should see a lot of check downs - so for PPR sounds pretty solid.

After what he did for me last week, he goes back in the lineup no doubt. He's done more the last two weeks than Forte was doing in the last few weeks before he went down. This matchup would look to shape up just as good if not better than last week's. May not be a repeat of last week's numbers but the potential is there.

Will be interesting to see if he starts...

Looks like I will be trotting him out over Barber and Hillis. It's a tough decision, made a little easier by my league's PPR format, but I'm not confident that it might just be Barber who has the better day FF wise given his greater % chance of a TD than Bell.

They will likely split carries once again, so it comes down to who you think will have the better day in your format.

GB can be run on -- the question is, what kind of back has found more success? Would imagine it's more of a versatile back like Bell, as a straight-line runner like Barber will have to pound against Raji and some pretty decent LBs.

Hillis is still an enigma. He is bound to be limited against BAL, but his floor should be solid given that he is bound to get 25 carries.

Bell looks like a higher upside, and likely who I go with, but Hillis could end up being the safer play.

Looks like I will be trotting him out over Barber and Hillis. It's a tough decision, made a little easier by my league's PPR format, but I'm not confident that it might just be Barber who has the better day FF wise given his greater % chance of a TD than Bell. They will likely split carries once again, so it comes down to who you think will have the better day in your format.GB can be run on -- the question is, what kind of back has found more success? Would imagine it's more of a versatile back like Bell, as a straight-line runner like Barber will have to pound against Raji and some pretty decent LBs.Hillis is still an enigma. He is bound to be limited against BAL, but his floor should be solid given that he is bound to get 25 carries.Bell looks like a higher upside, and likely who I go with, but Hillis could end up being the safer play.
Hillis' floor: See Pittsburgh game...IMO

Wow. Happy Holidays to you too.

Additional factor in favor of Bell. If San Francisco were to lose at Seattle (they're only 1 1/2 point favorites), then GB has nothing to play for. They might bench Rodgers early, and the game could be closer than many think, and more opportunities for Bell.

From Rotoworld....

Kahlil Bell, Bears - Week 15 looked like an official changing of the guard in the Bears backfield. Marion Barber only touched the ball twice in the second half while Bell racked up 108 total yards on 20 touches against the Seahawks. Bell ended up playing 43 snaps to Barber’s 17, and the Chicago Tribune suggests Bell will draw the start against the Packers this week. He’s worthy of low-end RB2/flex status in PPR formats.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/39535/64/its-the-matchup-stupid?pg=2

Wouldn't be a bad flex. I'm not sure I'd start him over guys like Lynch even with the bad matchup. I'm thinking about Bell as my RB3 over BJGE, Tate or Donald Brown.

Its called the SuperBowl in MY league.....someone must be having a bad morning. Its Christmas time, relax playa.
:goodposting:

Additional factor in favor of Bell. If San Francisco were to lose at Seattle (they're only 1 1/2 point favorites), then GB has nothing to play for. They might bench Rodgers early, and the game could be closer than many think, and more opportunities for Bell.
Plus McNCown with a lot of dumpoffs...

From some of you deep sleeper guys, is Bell a one week wonder or does he have any dynasty potential? I know he'll be behind Forte when (if) he comes back.

From some of you deep sleeper guys, is Bell a one week wonder or does he have any dynasty potential? I know he'll be behind Forte when (if) he comes back.
Picked him up in a couple leagues for that purpose. Could be a solid cuff/backup with future potential depending on how things shake out.

Starting him over Ivory/Stewart, though I have this sinking feeling that we're all reading too much into the 2nd half last week and he's going to wind up with only 6-8 carries.

I could see the Bears giving him a fair amount of work this week to try to evaluate him as the future backup to Forte. Barber could easily be gone after the season.

Picked him up in a couple leagues for that purpose. Could be a solid cuff/backup with future potential depending on how things shake out.
seems like there's a good chance that Forte sits out for several games next year disputing his contract. I picked up Bell with the intent on trading him to the Forte owner if that happens.

'doublavae02 said:
'Stompin said:
Looks like I will be trotting him out over Barber and Hillis. It's a tough decision, made a little easier by my league's PPR format, but I'm not confident that it might just be Barber who has the better day FF wise given his greater % chance of a TD than Bell. They will likely split carries once again, so it comes down to who you think will have the better day in your format.GB can be run on -- the question is, what kind of back has found more success? Would imagine it's more of a versatile back like Bell, as a straight-line runner like Barber will have to pound against Raji and some pretty decent LBs.Hillis is still an enigma. He is bound to be limited against BAL, but his floor should be solid given that he is bound to get 25 carries.Bell looks like a higher upside, and likely who I go with, but Hillis could end up being the safer play.
Hillis' floor: See Pittsburgh game...IMO
Curous: Why not use the BAL game the week before that as his floor: 12/45, 97 all-purpose (huge pickup off one rec off a go route). Not saying Hillis isn't a risk -- he's been a liability all season -- but he has shown glimpses of fantasy utility over the last 3 weeks, and I'm not sure I'm sold on Bell being any less of a risk.

just read that barber was held out due to injury. this situation is looking better and better. went ahead and picked up bell and considering him over p. thomas.....

If Barber doesn't play I might have to start this guy over Laurent Robinson in PPR. I picked up Bell basically as a block for the guy I am facing this week, but if Barber is out I would have to seriously consider starting him.

You really have to think he gets 5 catches at least, the Packers allow the most receptions and receiving yards to RB's in the league. 5 catches plus 70 yards combined rushing/receiving would seem like his floor here.

just read that barber was held out due to injury. this situation is looking better and better. went ahead and picked up bell and considering him over p. thomas.....
Listed as a calf injury. Not sure if this is precautionary, or whether this is something new.http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injuries.html

So during Christmas/Chanauauuauakahahahkauahaku week we're allowed to start WDIS threads in the Shark Pool? Sweet!

I'd definitely go with Bell over Ivory and Battle.

I don't think Bell is going to win your superbowl for you but I think he'll do better than the other scrubs.

If barber is out this is a no brainer. I just wonder how many points chi can put up with mckown and no wrs in gb. They will struggle to move the ball...

If Barber is out this week that would be huge. Any one know the extent of the injury?
It's his calf which is the same injury that kept him out of several games earlier in the season. It is Marion Barber so I'm assuming he's either inactive or rarely sees the field. If you have Bell and Barber is the only thing you're worried about, start Bell.

Not going to let Blount do me again with 11 carries for 19yds. Bell. Don't even care if Blount gets 30pts and I lose. About principal. :angry:

Problem for me with deciding on him or Laurent Robinson for my last flex is not knowing if Barber is going to play until Sunday. Makes it hard to decide when everyone else plays the day before.

K.Bell or J.Stew... Hmmmm
Me too....J-Stew is safer, but his ceiling is low, even in PPR, unless he gets a TD and there's no way of predicing when that will happen. I think I'm going to roll with Bell as he should get a greater workload.

Can't believe I got to my fantasy championship without an RB2 the past 2 weeks. I was the 4th seed and gave the 1st seed his first loss of the entire season last week even with Barber in my lineup. This week I'm def starting Bell, have no other options with Forte out and Ingram continuing to be a bust of epic proportions.

Oh and for any PPR owners teetering on the fence about starting Bell, here's the stat of the day: GB has given up more receptions to RBs than any other team in the NFL.

The Chicago Tribune reports Marion Barber (calf) will sit out Saturday's game in Green Bay.

Barber's absence leaves Kahlil Bell as the primary ball-carrier and potential three-down back. "There are bigger concerns I have, and Kahlil is not one of them," coach Lovie Smith said. "... I'm excited about the opportunity he has." A candidate for 20+ touches, Bell is now a top-25 fantasy option for Week 16. Related: Kahlil BellSource: Chicago Tribune

The Chicago Tribune reports Marion Barber (calf) will sit out Saturday's game in Green Bay.

Barber's absence leaves Kahlil Bell as the primary ball-carrier and potential three-down back. "There are bigger concerns I have, and Kahlil is not one of them," coach Lovie Smith said. "... I'm excited about the opportunity he has." A candidate for 20+ touches, Bell is now a top-25 fantasy option for Week 16. Related: Kahlil BellSource: Chicago Tribune
What about Sunday's?

Man if he is a three down back that is huge! Tempted to play him over Sproles.

The one thing that gives me pause: I remember getting burned last year when Rashad Jennings was supposed to be the "fantasy bowl savior" against the Skins. He tanked.

Any concerns that Bell could do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread