What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 FlexMy TeamQB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez K- M. Crobsy DEF- Chicago His TeamQB's- D. Brees, M. Cassel, T. Tebow RB's- J. Battle, L. McCoy, R. RiceWR's- V. Brown, E. Decker, A. Johnson, J. Jones, G. Little, T. Young,TE's- O. Daniels, J. Finley, K- A. Henery DEF- Houston 2012 Picks 1.01 & 1.08.I have been offered two different trade by the same team 1st is Andre Johnson and O. Daniels for S. Jackson, A. Hernandez, & 1.12 or MJD, Jackson and 1.12 for Rice and Decker would you do either trade and if not do you see anything here that I could work with he seems to want S. Jackson since this is the 4th trade he has offered me with Jackson in it. He is taking T. Richardson with the 1.01 and for some reason thinks St Louis will be taking him so he want Jackson for that reason.
I do not like the first one at all. Hernandez is worth much more. Now, the second one I think is a good deal. I might counter asking for a 2nd round in addition to Rice/Decker ... but would accept/re-submit the same offer if rejected.
He revoke the second one before I could do anything with it and changed it to C. Johnson, MJD & 1.12 for Rice & Decker. What do you think of that trade.

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 FlexMy TeamQB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez K- M. Crobsy DEF- Chicago His TeamQB's- D. Brees, M. Cassel, T. Tebow RB's- J. Battle, L. McCoy, R. RiceWR's- V. Brown, E. Decker, A. Johnson, J. Jones, G. Little, T. Young,TE's- O. Daniels, J. Finley, K- A. Henery DEF- Houston 2012 Picks 1.01 & 1.08.I have been offered two different trade by the same team 1st is Andre Johnson and O. Daniels for S. Jackson, A. Hernandez, & 1.12 or MJD, Jackson and 1.12 for Rice and Decker would you do either trade and if not do you see anything here that I could work with he seems to want S. Jackson since this is the 4th trade he has offered me with Jackson in it. He is taking T. Richardson with the 1.01 and for some reason thinks St Louis will be taking him so he want Jackson for that reason.
I do not like the first one at all. Hernandez is worth much more. Now, the second one I think is a good deal. I might counter asking for a 2nd round in addition to Rice/Decker ... but would accept/re-submit the same offer if rejected.
He revoke the second one before I could do anything with it and changed it to C. Johnson, MJD & 1.12 for Rice & Decker. What do you think of that trade.
He is crazy. That is way too much

12 team dynasty league, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, Standard scoring no PPR.

My Team

QB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, D. Thomas, M. Barber, D. Sproles, J. McKnight, D. McCluster

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, D. Williams, A. Benn, E. Bennett

Te's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks

K- J. Hanson

DEF- San Diego, Baltimore, Dallas

His Team

QB's C. Newton, M. Sanchez, T. Tebow

RB's J. Best, F. Gore, M. Hardesty, K. Hunter, C.Ivory, K. Smith, M. Tolbert, D. Williams

WR's M. Colston, P. Harvin, D. Jackson, B. LaFell, J. Nelson, J. Simpson, M. Sims-Walker

TE's J. Ballard, D. Clark, J. Finley

K D. Akers

DEF Buffalo

I have been offered Colston, Ivory & Sims-Walker for D. Thomas, 2.07 and 2013 1st round pick would you do this trade or if not what would you counter with. I do not have a 1st round pick this year.

Another trade from another team I get Mike Williams TB for D. Thomas and 2013 1st round pick I think if I did either of these trades it would be the Colston one and not this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team dynasty league, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, Standard scoring no PPR.My TeamQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, D. Thomas, M. Barber, D. Sproles, J. McKnight, D. McCluster WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, D. Williams, A. Benn, E. Bennett Te's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks K- J. Hanson DEF- San Diego, Baltimore, Dallas His TeamQB's C. Newton, M. Sanchez, T. TebowRB's J. Best, F. Gore, M. Hardesty, K. Hunter, C.Ivory, K. Smith, M. Tolbert, D. Williams WR's M. Colston, P. Harvin, D. Jackson, B. LaFell, J. Nelson, J. Simpson, M. Sims-Walker TE's J. Ballard, D. Clark, J. FinleyK D. AkersDEF Buffalo I have been offered Colston, Ivory & Sims-Walker for D. Thomas, 2.07 and 2013 1st round pick would you do this trade or if not what would you counter with. I do not have a 1st round pick this year.Another trade from another team I get Mike Williams TB for D. Thomas and 2013 1st round pick I think if I did either of these trades it would be the Colston one and not this one.
both are bad deals for you ... Colston is a nice wr but way too costly

Who do you like better to have a more than average fantasy impact this year. PPR league. Austin Collie or Sidney Rice.

Jeff, hope all is well man. Want to revisit as we get closer to when my keepers need to be submitted. Rules are that you lose the draft pick of the round where you want to keep a keeper. So, if you drafted a keeper in the 5th round and you keep said player, you lose your 5th round pick. WW pickups are your last round pick. So, if you keep 2 guys off of the WW, you lose your last two round picks. Can't keep 1st - 3rd round picks (which I already dumped for prospective keepers). Can keep 3 players total, and indefinitely. League format is 12 team non-PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex RB/WR, TE, D/ST, K, 5 bench.QB: Ryan (6), Flynn (FA)RB: Kevin Smith (FA), Mikel LeShoure (FA)WR: Crabtree (FA), Lloyd (5), Antonio Brown (FA), Vincent Brown (FA), Sidney Rice (FA), Laurent Robinson (FA)TE: Graham (FA)Graham is a no brainer, so that's one. I'm thinking strongly to keeping Flynn and gambling on him being the real deal, since I'm not completely sold from a value perspective of keeping Matt Ryan as a 6th, and Flynn working out would be a huge trump card for years to come. If he could just crack the top 10 I think I'm sold. At WR, I'm confused but leaning Lloyd with Brady throwing to him, only doubt is the number of mouths to feed in that offense. I like Antonio Brown, but I'm not sold on him totally as a keeper vs. Lloyd. And what to do with the Smith/LeShoure combo? Do you think one of them wins out over Best in Detroit? I had Best and dropped him, I don't even want to keep him. Also, if you feel strongly about one of them, who to bump at WR/Flynn?Thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts.
I think I would avoid QB all together unless sold on Flynn. Graham is a huge coup. I would also go with Antonio Brown and LeShoure (closely over Rice).
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your input. With LeShoure's potential suspension looming, does that change your view on K. Smith? I'm losing a 2nd round pick (traded it for McCoy for a playoff run last season :bag: ), and I'm thinking of just rolling the dice on Flynn as my 2012 gamble, where I'd be going QB normally in other leagues. I'm also now shaky on Brown, since Wallace is staying. But, maybe he improves his numbers in 2012, basically on the fence with him. I'm gonna let Lloyd go, since thinking about it too many mouths to feed, and he could end up being a decoy. Can't justify keeping him and losing a 5th.So I think it's Graham, Flynn, and X (LeShoure, Smith, Brown) for the final spot. Gives me the ability to concentrate on RB/WR in the early rounds. Let me know what you think, and thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Jeff, hope all is well man. Want to revisit as we get closer to when my keepers need to be submitted. Rules are that you lose the draft pick of the round where you want to keep a keeper. So, if you drafted a keeper in the 5th round and you keep said player, you lose your 5th round pick. WW pickups are your last round pick. So, if you keep 2 guys off of the WW, you lose your last two round picks. Can't keep 1st - 3rd round picks (which I already dumped for prospective keepers). Can keep 3 players total, and indefinitely. League format is 12 team non-PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex RB/WR, TE, D/ST, K, 5 bench.QB: Ryan (6), Flynn (FA)RB: Kevin Smith (FA), Mikel LeShoure (FA)WR: Crabtree (FA), Lloyd (5), Antonio Brown (FA), Vincent Brown (FA), Sidney Rice (FA), Laurent Robinson (FA)TE: Graham (FA)Graham is a no brainer, so that's one. I'm thinking strongly to keeping Flynn and gambling on him being the real deal, since I'm not completely sold from a value perspective of keeping Matt Ryan as a 6th, and Flynn working out would be a huge trump card for years to come. If he could just crack the top 10 I think I'm sold. At WR, I'm confused but leaning Lloyd with Brady throwing to him, only doubt is the number of mouths to feed in that offense. I like Antonio Brown, but I'm not sold on him totally as a keeper vs. Lloyd. And what to do with the Smith/LeShoure combo? Do you think one of them wins out over Best in Detroit? I had Best and dropped him, I don't even want to keep him. Also, if you feel strongly about one of them, who to bump at WR/Flynn?Thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts.
I think I would avoid QB all together unless sold on Flynn. Graham is a huge coup. I would also go with Antonio Brown and LeShoure (closely over Rice).
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your input. With LeShoure's potential suspension looming, does that change your view on K. Smith? I'm losing a 2nd round pick (traded it for McCoy for a playoff run last season :bag: ), and I'm thinking of just rolling the dice on Flynn as my 2012 gamble, where I'd be going QB normally in other leagues. I'm also now shaky on Brown, since Wallace is staying. But, maybe he improves his numbers in 2012, basically on the fence with him. I'm gonna let Lloyd go, since thinking about it too many mouths to feed, and he could end up being a decoy. Can't justify keeping him and losing a 5th.So I think it's Graham, Flynn, and X (LeShoure, Smith, Brown) for the final spot. Gives me the ability to concentrate on RB/WR in the early rounds. Let me know what you think, and thanks again for taking the time to respond.
I would definitely keep Graham and ABrown just because they are young and should be great this year at an awesome price. I do not expect Flynn to be your starter (Top 10-12) by midseason so I might go with either a Detroit RB or Ryan.

I would definitely keep Graham and ABrown just because they are young and should be great this year at an awesome price. I do not expect Flynn to be your starter (Top 10-12) by midseason so I might go with either a Detroit RB or Ryan.
Taking your advice on this one, Jeff. Glad you called this one out, will make a call between Matty Ice and LeShoure/Smith as my decision date nears. Thanks again for your advice, what makes this site and forum great.

Who do you like better to have a more than average fantasy impact this year. PPR league. Austin Collie or Sidney Rice.
rice
Thanks for the response.. I would have to agree, but I can't help but think Luck may lean on his slot and TE early on in his career. Do you think Collie has more long term value than Rice or no? Im cautious regarding Rice and his injuries.
My issues with Collie are that he will get more attention from the defense and the never-ending concussion issues. Rice's injury woes seem mild compared to Collie's concussions.

Hi Jeff,

I'm following you on "Twitter. Although I'm very new to it, and not interested in most of it. Glad to see your Bio, and God Bless!

Can't wait for Football season

Take care ,

Rob

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 Flex

My Team

QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck

RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory

Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress

TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez

K- M. Crobsy

DEF- Chicago

Would you trade M. Ryan and C. Johnson for M. Schaub, 1.04, 3.04 and 4.04. I am thinking this is not enough but do I counter with him including his 1.03 or would that not be enough. I think the two QB's are about even.

Hey Jeff,

12 team H2H auction Keeper League

Keep 3 players for max 3 years

$200 salary

Rookie Taxi Squad- We can keep as many rookies Keepers as we want and their salary and term depends on round they were drafted in rookie draft.

1pt/10 yard receiving or rushing, 6 pts all TD's, 1 pt/25 yards passing

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

League is switching from 4 wr/te to 3 wr and 1 TE this year.

I traded away all of my rookie picks last year to make a run and ended up winning the league. I also am Losing Rodgers $4, Calvin Johnson $20, and Adrian Peterson $40 to free agency. As a result my keepers are not the greatest.

Keepers-

Q- Cutler $10

RB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper)

WR- Pierre Garcon $11, Denarious Moore $6, Mike Williams tb $5(rookie keeper)

Other possible keepers are Bilal Powel $4, Shane Vareen $1, Willis McGahee $14,

Rookie Squad- Javon Ringer, Early Doucet, Marcus Easley.

Notable Free Agents- QB- Rogders, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, Flynn

RB- Jones-Drew, Peterson, Turner, Gore,

WR- Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Colston, Bowe,

TE- Vernon DAvis, Finley, Celek

Anyways, am I keeping the right player? They are horrible but the price you pay for going for the big money. I was offered Andre Roberts and Antonio Gates $26( 2 years left) for my Mike Wiliams $5(2 years left). Gates is an injury risk and his price is high but TE is very important now with the new scoring. If I do take the deal i have to drop one of Cutler $10, Moore $6, or Garcon at $11. I'm really going to try to get Calvin Johnson if I can and he is going to cost me. Maybe I should save the money from gates and put it towards a WR 1. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 Flex My Team QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez K- M. Crobsy DEF- Chicago Would you trade M. Ryan and C. Johnson for M. Schaub, 1.04, 3.04 and 4.04. I am thinking this is not enough but do I counter with him including his 1.03 or would that not be enough. I think the two QB's are about even.
even though the production for the two QBs is similar, their dynasty is much different. Ryan goes in rounds 6-8 of a startup dynasty while Schaub lasts until the 12. Add in Chris Johnson> 1.04, I do not like this deal for you at all

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H auction Keeper LeagueKeep 3 players for max 3 years$200 salaryRookie Taxi Squad- We can keep as many rookies Keepers as we want and their salary and term depends on round they were drafted in rookie draft.1pt/10 yard receiving or rushing, 6 pts all TD's, 1 pt/25 yards passingStart 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 KLeague is switching from 4 wr/te to 3 wr and 1 TE this year.I traded away all of my rookie picks last year to make a run and ended up winning the league. I also am Losing Rodgers $4, Calvin Johnson $20, and Adrian Peterson $40 to free agency. As a result my keepers are not the greatest.Keepers-Q- Cutler $10RB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper)WR- Pierre Garcon $11, Denarious Moore $6, Mike Williams tb $5(rookie keeper)Other possible keepers are Bilal Powel $4, Shane Vareen $1, Willis McGahee $14, Rookie Squad- Javon Ringer, Early Doucet, Marcus Easley.Notable Free Agents- QB- Rogders, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, Flynn RB- Jones-Drew, Peterson, Turner, Gore, WR- Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Colston, Bowe, TE- Vernon DAvis, Finley, CelekAnyways, am I keeping the right player? They are horrible but the price you pay for going for the big money. I was offered Andre Roberts and Antonio Gates $26( 2 years left) for my Mike Wiliams $5(2 years left). Gates is an injury risk and his price is high but TE is very important now with the new scoring. If I do take the deal i have to drop one of Cutler $10, Moore $6, or Garcon at $11. I'm really going to try to get Calvin Johnson if I can and he is going to cost me. Maybe I should save the money from gates and put it towards a WR 1. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
I think you are keeping the right players with one in question. Only question would be Mike Williams or Vereen. I might lean toward the cheap Vereen after TB brought in VJax. Since you cannot keep players indefinitely, Calvin is not worth as much as in regular dynasty leagues. I think I would target Fitz AND Bowe/Colston combined for what Calvin will go for. I do think you can get a decent QB like Rivers pretty cheap in comparison to Rodgers/Brees. Schaub is ok, but not in the same league as those three. I like Celek (At his price) compared to the other two.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex,

My Team

QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick

RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson

TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez

One team has Brady, Vick, Ryan & Newton I know he will kept all 4 QB's because he has kept 3 in the past so what would you trade for either one of his QB's he needs a TE and could use another WR. I also have the 1.06 & 1.08 picks I could use.

I am just looking for someone to review my team and let me know if I should make any moves prior to our draft which starts next week.

14 team, Non-PPR, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, Def, 6pts for all TDs

QB: Stafford, Cutler, Flynn

RB: Matthews, Beanie Wells, Ingram, Quizz, Ryan Williams, McCluster, Woodhead, Battle, Karim

WR: Dez, Harvin, Demaryius, Little, Danario Alexander, Burleson

TE: Hernandez, Rudolph, Ballard

Def: Tenn, StL

K: Akers

This is my 3rd year with taking over the perennial worst team in the league and I have completely rebuilt though drafting and trades. I don't have a 1st rnd pick as part of a Stafford trade made last year, but I have 2.9, 2.10, 3.9, 4.9. I am leaning towards staying put and just letting my young guys develop, but I am getting the itch to make a move somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez One team has Brady, Vick, Ryan & Newton I know he will kept all 4 QB's because he has kept 3 in the past so what would you trade for either one of his QB's he needs a TE and could use another WR. I also have the 1.06 & 1.08 picks I could use.
i would target Brady or Cam and offer Gonzalez, one of the Jackson WRs, and Dalton or Freeman

'petenice15 said:
I am just looking for someone to review my team and let me know if I should make any moves prior to our draft which starts next week. 14 team, Non-PPR, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, Def, 6pts for all TDsQB: Stafford, Cutler, FlynnRB: Matthews, Beanie Wells, Ingram, Quizz, Ryan Williams, McCluster, Woodhead, Battle, KarimWR: Dez, Harvin, Demaryius, Little, Danario Alexander, BurlesonTE: Hernandez, Rudolph, BallardDef: Tenn, StLK: AkersThis is my 3rd year with taking over the perennial worst team in the league and I have completely rebuilt though drafting and trades. I don't have a 1st rnd pick as part of a Stafford trade made last year, but I have 2.9, 2.10, 3.9, 4.9. I am leaning towards staying put and just letting my young guys develop, but I am getting the itch to make a move somewhere. Thanks for your help.
you are in great shape for the future. I would stay the course and try not to get impatient.

12 team, Keep 12 league, non-ppr.

(planned keepers in bold but we don't declare keepers until early August)

QB: Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Cutler, J QB CHI

RB:

McFadden, D OAK RB

F Gore SF RB

K Hunter SF RB

D Thomas MIA RB

M Goodson OAK RB (feel I must keep DMC's handcuff)

D Carter IND RB

A Green GB RB

J Dwyer RB PIT

B Powell RB NYJ

WR:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

M Williams TB WR

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR

A Colie IND WR

S Smith WR STL

I also have the 1.01 (Richardson), 1.07 and 2.10 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Odds are extremely high that Michael Floyd falls to me at the 1.07 pick and I guess

I just am not thrilled with that prospect since I already have Fitz.

One trade on the table is my 1.07 + Williams WR TB for the 1.06 pick (giving one of Martin,Wilson,Luck,Griffin,Blackmon).

Another owner is dangling Reggie Bush out there asking for a 1st round pick.

So...which do you prefer:

1) stand pat and take whoever I get at 1.07

2) accept the trade for the 1.06 pick (not totally sold on TBMW due to his sophomore slump and VJax in town)

3) trade away the 1.07 to try to get R. Bush (win now) and lock down 2/3rds of the MIA backfield

4) remain patient and wait til later in the pre-season to try to swing a trade and see if any of the top 7 on my list gets injured, like Ryan Willaims and Leshoure last year (but, damn, I get such a itch to trade in my dynasty league! :) )

thoughts appreciated?

Hi Jeff

In a 10 team 3 player keeper league, PPR scoring format

I had a rough team but managed to pull out a .500 record and almost made the playoffs last year. Here is my roster but I can only keep three of the four players I have bolded:

QBs: T. Brady, M. Sanchez, C. Painter

RBs: MJD, R. Mendenhall, S. Greene, J. Ringer, I. Redman

WRs: A.J. Green, J. Maclin, D. Nelson, Damian Williams, J. Simpson, J. Ford, Torrey Smith, G. Little

TEs: F. Davis, J. Finley

I'm for sure keeping MJD and Green but am unsure if I should keep Brady or Maclin. Maclin isn't elite and he ranks just barely in the top 25 in a PPR format but as an avid Eagles fan I think the kid is close to blowing up this year. 10+ TDs and 1200 yards rec I don't think is out of the question. Should I be risky and keep Maclin so I can concentrate on RB and WR/TE in the early rounds or keep Brady and hope Maclin falls to the third round?

Many thanks as always.

'joey said:

Cutler, J QB CHI

RB:

McFadden, D OAK RB

F Gore SF RB

K Hunter SF RB

D Thomas MIA RB

D Carter IND RB

A Green GB RB

J Dwyer RB PIT

B Powell RB NYJ

WR:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

M Williams TB WR

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR

A Colie IND WR

S Smith WR STL

Odds are extremely high that Michael Floyd falls to me at the 1.07 pick and I guess

One trade on the table is my 1.07 + Williams WR TB for the 1.06 pick (giving one of Martin,Wilson,Luck,Griffin,Blackmon).

2) accept the trade for the 1.06 pick (not totally sold on TBMW due to his sophomore slump and VJax in town)

3) trade away the 1.07 to try to get R. Bush (win now) and lock down 2/3rds of the MIA backfield

4) remain patient and wait til later in the pre-season to try to swing a trade and see if any of the top 7 on my list gets injured, like Ryan Willaims and Leshoure last year (but, damn, I get such a itch to trade in my dynasty league! :) )

thoughts appreciated?
Sit tight. Pead or Hillman may make the 1.07 worth a ton ...

Hi Jeff

I had a rough team but managed to pull out a .500 record and almost made the playoffs last year. Here is my roster but I can only keep three of the four players I have bolded:

WRs: A.J. Green, J. Maclin, D. Nelson, Damian Williams, J. Simpson, J. Ford, Torrey Smith, G. Little

I'm for sure keeping MJD and Green but am unsure if I should keep Brady or Maclin. Maclin isn't elite and he ranks just barely in the top 25 in a PPR format but as an avid Eagles fan I think the kid is close to blowing up this year. 10+ TDs and 1200 yards rec I don't think is out of the question. Should I be risky and keep Maclin so I can concentrate on RB and WR/TE in the early rounds or keep Brady and hope Maclin falls to the third round?

Many thanks as always.
I love Brady this year, but in a 10-teamer you can take the chance and hope for another qb in the middle rounds

Hi Jeff, I have my first PPR Startup Dynasty league draft coming up soon.

.05 ppr RB

1.0 ppr WR & TE

Rest of the scoring is standard scoring

Can start: (1-3 RB's)

(2-5 WR's)

(1-4 TE's), for a total of Seven players between the RB,WR, & TE position, as you can see its a very flexible lineup.

Would taking Richardson at the 1.07 spot be too early or would taking one of the top WR's or TE's be a better option at this point and seeing if Richardson falls to the mid second for me.

Hi Jeff, I have my first PPR Startup Dynasty league draft coming up soon..05 ppr RB1.0 ppr WR & TERest of the scoring is standard scoringCan start: (1-3 RB's) (2-5 WR's) (1-4 TE's), for a total of Seven players between the RB,WR, & TE position, as you can see its a very flexible lineup.Would taking Richardson at the 1.07 spot be too early or would taking one of the top WR's or TE's be a better option at this point and seeing if Richardson falls to the mid second for me.
I think I would target AJGreen at 1.07 and hope for Richardson or another elite WR in 2nd. You usually can wait on QB, so load up on WRs and elite RB before the value falls way off

'joey said:

Cutler, J QB CHI

RB:

McFadden, D OAK RB

F Gore SF RB

K Hunter SF RB

D Thomas MIA RB

D Carter IND RB

A Green GB RB

J Dwyer RB PIT

B Powell RB NYJ

WR:

White, Roddy ATL WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

M Williams TB WR

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR

A Colie IND WR

S Smith WR STL

thoughts appreciated?
Sit tight. Pead or Hillman may make the 1.07 worth a ton ...
Thanks Jeff. Hillman is someone I've been thinking about at 1.07 actually but, right now at least, he's bunched up with a bunch of other players in that 1.08-1.12 grouping. But, yes, sitting tight lets me see who separates themselves from the pack in the pre-season. Thanks again.

Hi Jeff

Many thanks as always.
I love Brady this year, but in a 10-teamer you can take the chance and hope for another qb in the middle rounds
Thank you for the insight. I'm still not sure what i'll do yet but I was brainstorming a little bit and I was thinking about a trade in the same league with the owner of Shady McCoy. He's now locked up with the Eagles for 5 more years, is an elite player in all formats, and he is young. Do you think if I offered MJD and a 2nd round pick for McCoy and a 4th would you take that trade? Mind you Reid has also talked about lightening up McCoy's work load so he is probably not going to see as many touches this year. Thanks again!

Hi Jeff

Many thanks as always.
Thank you for the insight. I'm still not sure what i'll do yet but I was brainstorming a little bit and I was thinking about a trade in the same league with the owner of Shady McCoy. He's now locked up with the Eagles for 5 more years, is an elite player in all formats, and he is young. Do you think if I offered MJD and a 2nd round pick for McCoy and a 4th would you take that trade? Mind you Reid has also talked about lightening up McCoy's work load so he is probably not going to see as many touches this year. Thanks again!
I would try it and see .... worth it to get younger at RB with fewer career carries. Just pick up Dion Lewis in Draft if you pull of deal

Hi Jeff

Many thanks as always.
I would try it and see .... worth it to get younger at RB with fewer career carries. Just pick up Dion Lewis in Draft if you pull of deal
Thanks again for the help Jeff.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex,

My Team

QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick

RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson

TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez

His team

QB's- S. Bradford, A. Rodgers, M. Sanchez

RB's- L. Ball, E. Graham, B. Green-Ellis, S. Greene, D. Karim, D. McCluster, D. Murray, I. Redman, C. Williams

WR's- D. Bess, B. Edwards, James Jones, R. Meachem, M. Thomas, M. Wallace

TE's- A. Gates, B. Pettigrew

This team wants to know what I want for G. Jennings but do not really see anything on his team that I could use he does have the 1.04 pick.

Do you see anything on his trade that would be about the same value.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My Team QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez His team QB's- S. Bradford, A. Rodgers, M. SanchezRB's- L. Ball, E. Graham, B. Green-Ellis, S. Greene, D. Karim, D. McCluster, D. Murray, I. Redman, C. Williams WR's- D. Bess, B. Edwards, James Jones, R. Meachem, M. Thomas, M. WallaceTE's- A. Gates, B. Pettigrew This team wants to know what I want for G. Jennings but do not really see anything on his team that I could use he does have the 1.04 pick.Do you see anything on his trade that would be about the same value.
I would ask about Jennings/your 1st if lower than the 1/04 for Murray since it is non-ppr

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My Team QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez His team QB's- S. Bradford, A. Rodgers, M. SanchezRB's- L. Ball, E. Graham, B. Green-Ellis, S. Greene, D. Karim, D. McCluster, D. Murray, I. Redman, C. Williams WR's- D. Bess, B. Edwards, James Jones, R. Meachem, M. Thomas, M. WallaceTE's- A. Gates, B. Pettigrew This team wants to know what I want for G. Jennings but do not really see anything on his team that I could use he does have the 1.04 pick.Do you see anything on his trade that would be about the same value.
I would ask about Jennings/your 1st if lower than the 1/04 for Murray since it is non-ppr
I have the 1.06 and 1.08 so what you are saying is Jennings and 1.08 for Murray and 1.04. I was thinking Jennings for 1.04 and Murray but do you think that is not enough for Murray and the 1.04.

I have the 1.06 and 1.08 so what you are saying is Jennings and 1.08 for Murray and 1.04. I was thinking Jennings for 1.04 and Murray but do you think that is not enough for Murray and the 1.04.
Just depends on how much he likes Murray ... some love the guy. You might try your offer, then add the 1.08 if necessary

Jeff T,

Noble job you are performing here. Makes for good reading, even when your(my) players do not apply.

I play in a contract dynasty league, which is much more agressive than a standard dynasty setup. In contract leagues, players do not have the same opportunity to marinate/develop on rosters. That being said, Im shopping for a backup QB. I am likely to keep(sign) for 1-3 years.

My options:

Jake Locker - Will he start the season as the #1qb?

Alex Smith - Conservative pickup. Strictly a bye week filler?

Carson Palmer - My first choice. However his Week 5 Bye is the same as my #1 qb(Stafford). Should I not care about the bye week conflict?

Matt Flynn - Got balls?

Jeff T, Noble job you are performing here. Makes for good reading, even when your(my) players do not apply. I play in a contract dynasty league, which is much more agressive than a standard dynasty setup. In contract leagues, players do not have the same opportunity to marinate/develop on rosters. That being said, Im shopping for a backup QB. I am likely to keep(sign) for 1-3 years. My options: Jake Locker - Will he start the season as the #1qb?Alex Smith - Conservative pickup. Strictly a bye week filler?Carson Palmer - My first choice. However his Week 5 Bye is the same as my #1 qb(Stafford). Should I not care about the bye week conflict?Matt Flynn - Got balls?
Even though I like Palmer the best, it does you no good to trade for him when he cannot cover your bye. By my estimation - assuming you have a spare roster spot - I would pick up Shaun Hill to cover Stafford injury concerns and go after either Smith or Flynn. Smith will be the cheapest by far. I like Locker, and think he will start games this season, just do not know if it will be early enough to help you.

Just depends on how much he likes Murray ... some love the guy. You might try your offer, then add the 1.08 if necessary
I offered it to him but he rejected it with not counter offer. I really need to move some players but no one is willing to trade with me so don't really know what to do. Would you do something like 1.04 & Murray for G. Jennings and either Ingram and Sproles or CJ Spiller and F. Jackson.

Hey Jeff,

New guy here, and I must say that I have fallen in love with this site, great work! I joined my first startup dynasty money league recently and just found out that I have first pick. It's a slow draft so the draft starts on Friday. It's a 16 team league with QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE and a FLEX Spot and IDP's. I'm assuming your rankings on the site are for 12 team leagues, so does the 16 team format change anything? I'm having a hard time deciding between Ray Rice/LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson or even Aaron Rodgers. The scoring is standard ESPN and full PPR. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I offered it to him but he rejected it with not counter offer. I really need to move some players but no one is willing to trade with me so don't really know what to do. Would you do something like 1.04 & Murray for G. Jennings and either Ingram and Sproles or CJ Spiller and F. Jackson.
I would not overreact and do that deal. It is not in your favor. I would prefer to hang tight for now. Someone will want one of your strong rb/wrs. When do you have to decide Keepers?

Hey Jeff,New guy here, and I must say that I have fallen in love with this site, great work! I joined my first startup dynasty money league recently and just found out that I have first pick. It's a slow draft so the draft starts on Friday. It's a 16 team league with QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE and a FLEX Spot and IDP's. I'm assuming your rankings on the site are for 12 team leagues, so does the 16 team format change anything? I'm having a hard time deciding between Ray Rice/LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson or even Aaron Rodgers. The scoring is standard ESPN and full PPR. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Mike, good to have you here at FBG. In a 16-teamer you should either go qb or rb with the 1.01 since the supply at each position will erode quickly. I think I would lean toward Rice at 1.01 then QB at 2.16 and either rb or qb at 3.01. With only 32 WRs starting each week, there will be plenty but qb and rb will dry up quickly. Good luck. Jeff

I would not overreact and do that deal. It is not in your favor. I would prefer to hang tight for now. Someone will want one of your strong rb/wrs. When do you have to decide Keepers?
July 15 so I have some time but if I can't more any of my players then I probably can draft a couple of them back with my 1.06 & 1.08.What would you offer for the 1.01 from my players and my 2 1st round picks. I have already offered Ingram, Sproles, Gonz & 2.06 and was rejected.

Hey Jeff,New guy here, and I must say that I have fallen in love with this site, great work! I joined my first startup dynasty money league recently and just found out that I have first pick. It's a slow draft so the draft starts on Friday. It's a 16 team league with QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE and a FLEX Spot and IDP's. I'm assuming your rankings on the site are for 12 team leagues, so does the 16 team format change anything? I'm having a hard time deciding between Ray Rice/LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson or even Aaron Rodgers. The scoring is standard ESPN and full PPR. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Mike, good to have you here at FBG. In a 16-teamer you should either go qb or rb with the 1.01 since the supply at each position will erode quickly. I think I would lean toward Rice at 1.01 then QB at 2.16 and either rb or qb at 3.01. With only 32 WRs starting each week, there will be plenty but qb and rb will dry up quickly. Good luck. Jeff
Thanks, Jeff! Much appreciated! I was thinking the same way as well, especially since WR seems to be deeper than ever.

July 15 so I have some time but if I can't more any of my players then I probably can draft a couple of them back with my 1.06 & 1.08.What would you offer for the 1.01 from my players and my 2 1st round picks. I have already offered Ingram, Sproles, Gonz & 2.06 and was rejected.
who would you draft at 1.01?I see you top 11 keepers as:RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. SprolesWR's- V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. NelsonTE's- J. Finley, So, I would look to package either VJax or Gore and any/all of the rest for the pick --- trying to keep one of your 1sts to re-draft a QB. In a 10-teamer, QB should be easy enough to find. So, I would seek out teams without much depth and offer them quantity for quality.

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'Packers4ever said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'Packers4ever said:
who would you draft at 1.01?I see you top 11 keepers as:RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. SprolesWR's- V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. NelsonTE's- J. Finley, So, I would look to package either VJax or Gore and any/all of the rest for the pick --- trying to keep one of your 1sts to re-draft a QB. In a 10-teamer, QB should be easy enough to find. So, I would seek out teams without much depth and offer them quantity for quality.
I would pick Trent Richardson with the 1.01. So would you say something like Gore, D. Jackson, Gonzo and my 1.08 for 1.01 would be a fair deal or would like to try to make it a little more tilted to his side.

I would pick Trent Richardson with the 1.01. So would you say something like Gore, D. Jackson, Gonzo and my 1.08 for 1.01 would be a fair deal or would like to try to make it a little more tilted to his side.
I think that is fair ... and toss in as much as needed since you are not keeping any players anyway

Users who are viewing this thread