What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (7 Viewers)

Hello brother Jeff,I hope you are well..... as I'm sure you are. Enjoy the tweets. I know I'm blessed in many many ways.Which qb's and Te's would you be targeting in a redrat around the 6th to 9th round?I"m thinking starting rb's are very thin....prbly load on rb's and Wr's rounds 1-5 or 6. we start 3 wr's and 2rb plus a flex ppr league.Thanks,Rob
Thanks for the kind words. I really like Tamme this year and Gonzalez is slipping a long way in drafts I have been in. Both are steals where they are currently drafted. At QB, I would look at Vick, Ryan, Romo, or Eli. If you get Peyton or Vick, try to back them up with someone like Big Ben or Schaub. At RB, Ryan Williams and Doug Marting are two guys who could really do well this year.
Also notice Rivers going around round 6...thoughts on him this year?How you feel about F. Jackson this year vs Spiller? Also McFadden with his injury history???One more is M Lynch...love your thoughts on??Thanks Jeff!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, have a team that is championship ready in a 53 man, non-ppr, IDP standard scoring league. All TD's are 6 points.

I am being offered Brees for Newton and a 2 round rookie pick. Its a 12 team league, so that pick will be 2.09-2.12. I am considering it because I see a drop-off in Newton if for no other reason his rushing touchdown number should decrease. My back-up is Flacco. Loaded elsewhere (RB,WR).

Is the difference between these two enough to make it worth while given the limited championship window I have.

Hello brother Jeff,I hope you are well..... as I'm sure you are. Enjoy the tweets. I know I'm blessed in many many ways.Which qb's and Te's would you be targeting in a redrat around the 6th to 9th round?I"m thinking starting rb's are very thin....prbly load on rb's and Wr's rounds 1-5 or 6. we start 3 wr's and 2rb plus a flex ppr league.Thanks,Rob
Thanks for the kind words. I really like Tamme this year and Gonzalez is slipping a long way in drafts I have been in. Both are steals where they are currently drafted. At QB, I would look at Vick, Ryan, Romo, or Eli. If you get Peyton or Vick, try to back them up with someone like Big Ben or Schaub. At RB, Ryan Williams and Doug Marting are two guys who could really do well this year.
Also notice Rivers going around round 6...thoughts on him this year?How you feel about F. Jackson this year vs Spiller? Also McFadden with his injury history???One more is M Lynch...love your thoughts on??Thanks Jeff!!! :rolleyes:
I love Rivers this year. Tolbert stole a lot of TDs last year. I have Rivers as QB2 right now. The BUF RB situation could be a mess. Gailey is a pass-happy coach so it is hard to believe both will be great fantasy plays. At this point, I think both will disappoint (unless one injured) while the touches are split; Jackson getting more carries and Spiller receptions. In the past, the way I like to play these RBBCs is take the cheapest and hope for the best. No value gained taking a Buffalo RB in top 6 rounds. But, if you get one in 8th, all the better for risk/reward. I feel the same for Detroit (I like Leshoure later than Best) and AZ (Ryan Williams after Beanie).I guess I will never draft McFadden. He cannot make it through the season. Prefer other RBs. He had trouble staying healthy when splitting carries with Bush. Now, with less competition for carries, will OAK wear him out sooner?On Lynch, I have had him as a low end RB2 (while others had him as a low RB1) all offseason so the arrest is not huge for me. Have a great one.Jeff

Jeff, have a team that is championship ready in a 53 man, non-ppr, IDP standard scoring league. All TD's are 6 points. I am being offered Brees for Newton and a 2 round rookie pick. Its a 12 team league, so that pick will be 2.09-2.12. I am considering it because I see a drop-off in Newton if for no other reason his rushing touchdown number should decrease. My back-up is Flacco. Loaded elsewhere (RB,WR). Is the difference between these two enough to make it worth while given the limited championship window I have.
Keep Cam. He is much younger and is valued higher in most leagues. Even if Newton's TD numbers went down a little, we have to think his pass numbers will improve as he develops into a pro QB.

I apologize for being out of pocket some lately. Been moving ... getting settled so I should be able to check in more. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Jeff,

It's preseason and was experimenting by taking Rodgers first in a Mock ppr redraft:

Tell me what you think....if this was for real I think I would need another Rb.....start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te

Rodgers

Flynn

Lynch

P Thomas

R. Williams

D. Martin

F. Jones

D. Jackson

D. Thomas

L. Moore

A. Brown

Hernandez

Celek

Bailey

Chicago

THanks....just wanted to see...i usually wait on qb first.

and one more....question is which draft as best maybe too.:

1/MJD

2/Lynch

3 M. Wallace

4/Sproles

5/Hernandez

6/Rivers

7/T. Smith

8/D. Moore

9/Redman

10/Schaub

11/Floyd

12/Tate

13/Olsen....not sure should of drafted

14/Giants

15/Henry

'bighead2000 said:
Hi Jeff,It's preseason and was experimenting by taking Rodgers first in a Mock ppr redraft:Tell me what you think....if this was for real I think I would need another Rb.....start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1teRodgersFlynnLynchP ThomasR. WilliamsD. MartinF. JonesD. JacksonD. ThomasL. MooreA. BrownHernandezCelekBaileyChicagoTHanks....just wanted to see...i usually wait on qb first.and one more....question is which draft as best maybe too.:1/MJD2/Lynch3 M. Wallace4/Sproles5/Hernandez6/Rivers7/T. Smith8/D. Moore9/Redman10/Schaub11/Floyd12/Tate13/Olsen....not sure should of drafted14/Giants15/Henry
With his legal issues, Lynch is now a 4th rounder in most leagues. I think both teams need WRs more than RBs. I like the TSmith/DMoore/Redman picks. Great picks.

'bighead2000 said:
Hi Jeff,It's preseason and was experimenting by taking Rodgers first in a Mock ppr redraft:Tell me what you think....if this was for real I think I would need another Rb.....start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1teRodgersFlynnLynchP ThomasR. WilliamsD. MartinF. JonesD. JacksonD. ThomasL. MooreA. BrownHernandezCelekBaileyChicagoTHanks....just wanted to see...i usually wait on qb first.and one more....question is which draft as best maybe too.:1/MJD2/Lynch3 M. Wallace4/Sproles5/Hernandez6/Rivers7/T. Smith8/D. Moore9/Redman10/Schaub11/Floyd12/Tate13/Olsen....not sure should of drafted14/Giants15/Henry
With his legal issues, Lynch is now a 4th rounder in most leagues. I think both teams need WRs more than RBs. I like the TSmith/DMoore/Redman picks. Great picks.
THanks.....so maybe if id taken wr with the 2nd pick on the second team...prbly been much better off.Also....what do you thing of Andre Johnson this year?? Is he healthy?

Hi Jeff, I drew the 5th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as a Def and PK. QB 4 pts for TDs, but 5 pts for 100 yards. 1 PPR for all receptions.

I typically wait on QB and TE, and have usually gone RB, WR, and then split the next 3 or 4 picks on value that develops at RB or WR. Then a QB either in the 5th, 6th, or 7th, with TE in there somewhere.

MJD is holding out, so probably not an option unless that gets resolved quickly. Ryan Mathews is rated highly, and was healthy last year, so an interesting option. Calvin was amazing last year, but I’m not sold on WR that early. Rodgers is on a roll, but if I liked a QB early, I could probably wait and get Brees or Brady in the 2nd.

I’m expecting the first three to be Foster, Rice, and McCoy, and then 1.04 could pick any position.

Any thoughts on 1.05 specifically, and maybe on an approach to the draft?

Thanks Jeff!

Football newbie

THanks.....so maybe if id taken wr with the 2nd pick on the second team...prbly been much better off.Also....what do you thing of Andre Johnson this year?? Is he healthy?
I like AJ, but you have to get him cheap. He already tweaked a hammy and seems to always miss games. For similar ADPs/values, I prefer Fitzgerald.

Hi Jeff, I drew the 5th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as a Def and PK. QB 4 pts for TDs, but 5 pts for 100 yards. 1 PPR for all receptions.

I typically wait on QB and TE, and have usually gone RB, WR, and then split the next 3 or 4 picks on value that develops at RB or WR. Then a QB either in the 5th, 6th, or 7th, with TE in there somewhere.

MJD is holding out, so probably not an option unless that gets resolved quickly. Ryan Mathews is rated highly, and was healthy last year, so an interesting option. Calvin was amazing last year, but I’m not sold on WR that early. Rodgers is on a roll, but if I liked a QB early, I could probably wait and get Brees or Brady in the 2nd.

I’m expecting the first three to be Foster, Rice, and McCoy, and then 1.04 could pick any position.

Any thoughts on 1.05 specifically, and maybe on an approach to the draft?

Thanks Jeff!

Football newbie
I really do not like the RBs (with MJD holding out) after the top three and I do not think you gain anything by taking a QB in the first. This leaves the two stud TEs and Calvin Johnson. This is the way I would go. I like targeting Rivers/Vick, etc in the 5th/6th for QB, RBs like Chris Johnson, Peterson, Forte, Richardson, etc as RB1 in the 2nd or 3rd or SJax, Lynch, Doug Martin, etc (even Murray) in the 3rd or 4th as RB2. Other favorites: Rashad Jennings, Kevin Smith, and David Wilson.

The Wrs are deep this year so a 4th round WR is not too much better than one in 2nd.

Good luck.

Jeff

I'm in a 12 team keeper league - each team keeps their best player (no round restrictions or anything). Non-PPR, standard scoring, flex position is RB/WR/TE.

Here are the keepers that have been selected: Forte, Andre Johnson, Vick, Cam, Brees, Peyton, Demarco Murray, Arian Foster, Brady, McCoy, Rodgers.

My keeper is Ray Rice and I am drafting at #7.

If Megatron, MJD, or Ryan Mathews fall to me, I will take them, but I don't expect that to happen. I'm thinking about going TE TE in the first 2 rounds with Gronk and Graham. Thoughts on this strategy given the TE eligibility in the flex spot? I know these two were one of the most valuable players in the league last year based on VBD. Since QB and WR are both deep, and I already have a stud RB, this seems like an interesting approach.

The other approach I'm thinking about is RB RB, so I'd have Rice and a combination of Charles, CJ2K, DMC, or something like that.

10 team 9 player keeper/Dynasty league, Scoring rush/rec 1pt/20 yrds & QB's 1pt/25 passing & 4pts/passing TD. NO PPR , 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB's and Def's score big in this league the 1st 10 highest scorers from last year are QB's then the next 2 are DEF's. You need RB's & WR's that score TD's to do any good.

The keeper/dynasty league means that you can either keep your whole team from last year or keep 9 players and then you can draft but as of now I am thinking that I will keep all my players and not draft. My pick would be at 1.07.

My Team

QB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton

RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, J. Stewart, W. McGahee, J. Best

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green

TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller

K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas

DEF- San Francisco

So really have two questions I have contacted the team with the 1.01 pick and he said might be interested in trading it for the right players so what would be the most that you would give up for the 1.01 from the players above or would include the 1.07? Also if I did not trade for the 1.01 would you keep all of my players and not draft or keep 9 players and draft if you keep 9 players which 9 would you keep.

I like AJ, but you have to get him cheap. He already tweaked a hammy and seems to always miss games. For similar ADPs/values, I prefer Fitzgerald.
Here's another mock....PPR....tried to take your advice on Wr's....big three were gone...drafting 6th:CalvinSproles....like in pprJackson...think he'll be fine.WallaceHernandezRiversD. BrownD. MooreR.JenningsBig BenLittleA. GreenAmendolaPatriotsHenryHmmm....And...GrahamJones DrewWallaceR. WhiteS. JohnsonD. BrownRiversStewartHolmesHillmanCrabtreeDaltonP.Thomas

Dynasty league, 12 team, non-PPR and non-IDP, standard scoring

Too much?

Calvin

for

V Jackson

2 2014 1st round picks

My team:

QB: Rodgers, Ben

RB: Richardson, Rice, Lynch, K Smith, D Williams, Bradshaw

WR: Fitz, V Jackson, D Jackson, Cobb, S Holmes, Britt

TE: Cook, Gates, Finley

I'm in a 12 team keeper league - each team keeps their best player (no round restrictions or anything). Non-PPR, standard scoring, flex position is RB/WR/TE.Here are the keepers that have been selected: Forte, Andre Johnson, Vick, Cam, Brees, Peyton, Demarco Murray, Arian Foster, Brady, McCoy, Rodgers.My keeper is Ray Rice and I am drafting at #7.If Megatron, MJD, or Ryan Mathews fall to me, I will take them, but I don't expect that to happen. I'm thinking about going TE TE in the first 2 rounds with Gronk and Graham. Thoughts on this strategy given the TE eligibility in the flex spot? I know these two were one of the most valuable players in the league last year based on VBD. Since QB and WR are both deep, and I already have a stud RB, this seems like an interesting approach.The other approach I'm thinking about is RB RB, so I'd have Rice and a combination of Charles, CJ2K, DMC, or something like that.
I would take a RB in round two since that position will dry up quickly

10 team 9 player keeper/Dynasty league, Scoring rush/rec 1pt/20 yrds & QB's 1pt/25 passing & 4pts/passing TD. NO PPR , 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DefQB's and Def's score big in this league the 1st 10 highest scorers from last year are QB's then the next 2 are DEF's. You need RB's & WR's that score TD's to do any good.The keeper/dynasty league means that you can either keep your whole team from last year or keep 9 players and then you can draft but as of now I am thinking that I will keep all my players and not draft. My pick would be at 1.07. My TeamQB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, J. Stewart, W. McGahee, J. Best WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas DEF- San Francisco So really have two questions I have contacted the team with the 1.01 pick and he said might be interested in trading it for the right players so what would be the most that you would give up for the 1.01 from the players above or would include the 1.07? Also if I did not trade for the 1.01 would you keep all of my players and not draft or keep 9 players and draft if you keep 9 players which 9 would you keep.
I would only keep nine (Stafford, DMac, Jennings, Dez, AJG, Hernandez - easy ones, and three of Stewart, VJax, Turner, and Best - preferably Stewart, VJax, and Turner). For the 1.01, I would offer the 1.07 and any two of the Stewart, Vjax, etc group. If that does not work, offer Jennings straight up for the pick.

Here's another mock....PPR....tried to take your advice on Wr's....big three were gone...drafting 6th:CalvinSproles....like in pprJackson...think he'll be fine.WallaceHernandezRiversD. BrownD. MooreR.JenningsBig BenLittleA. GreenAmendolaPatriotsHenryHmmm....And...GrahamJones DrewWallaceR. WhiteS. JohnsonD. BrownRiversStewartHolmesHillmanCrabtreeDaltonP.Thomas
Both teams look strong. Keep an eye on Wallace situation which has cause his recent ADP to slip and ABrown's to rise.

Dynasty league, 12 team, non-PPR and non-IDP, standard scoring

Too much?

Calvin

for

V Jackson

2 2014 1st round picks

My team:

QB: Rodgers, Ben

RB: Richardson, Rice, Lynch, K Smith, D Williams, Bradshaw

WR: Fitz, V Jackson, D Jackson, Cobb, S Holmes, Britt

TE: Cook, Gates, Finley
Love the bold move but think it is too much in non-ppr ... but might do it if ppr.

10 team 9 player keeper/Dynasty league, Scoring rush/rec 1pt/20 yrds & QB's 1pt/25 passing & 4pts/passing TD. NO PPR , 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DefQB's and Def's score big in this league the 1st 10 highest scorers from last year are QB's then the next 2 are DEF's. You need RB's & WR's that score TD's to do any good.The keeper/dynasty league means that you can either keep your whole team from last year or keep 9 players and then you can draft but as of now I am thinking that I will keep all my players and not draft. My pick would be at 1.07. My TeamQB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, J. Stewart, W. McGahee, J. Best WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas DEF- San Francisco So really have two questions I have contacted the team with the 1.01 pick and he said might be interested in trading it for the right players so what would be the most that you would give up for the 1.01 from the players above or would include the 1.07? Also if I did not trade for the 1.01 would you keep all of my players and not draft or keep 9 players and draft if you keep 9 players which 9 would you keep.
I would only keep nine (Stafford, DMac, Jennings, Dez, AJG, Hernandez - easy ones, and three of Stewart, VJax, Turner, and Best - preferably Stewart, VJax, and Turner). For the 1.01, I would offer the 1.07 and any two of the Stewart, Vjax, etc group. If that does not work, offer Jennings straight up for the pick.
Was just offered the 1.01 for J. Stewart, D. Bryant & 1.07 so what do you think about this trade.

Was just offered the 1.01 for J. Stewart, D. Bryant & 1.07 so what do you think about this trade.
I would try to give Jennings or VJax instead of Dez. The other owner is asking for a ton in return for the pick and I would want to give a different WR than Dez

Hey Jeff,

How's everything going with you brother?

I have been experimenting quite a bit, and trying to get ready for some big drafts coming toward the end of the month.

Trying to focus on value, and things seem a bit different this year after the big three rb's are gone:

Another Mock ppr league 1qb,2rb,3wr,1rb/te/wr,1te Redraft

1.04 Foster

2.09 Gronk

3.04 J.JOnes

4.09 Bradshaw

5.04 Thomas

6.09 Redman

7.04 Romo

8.09 D. Moore

9.04 D.Brown

10.09 L.Moore

11.04 Freeman

12.09 Celek

13.04 Jets

14.09 Collie

15.04 Hartley

Do you see anything you would of done differently? I do appreciate your opinion.

The real draft will be 18 rounds....i'll need to pick some sleeper swing for fences picks

Thanks,

Rob

Jeff,

What is Bilal Powell's value in dynasty rookie draft picks. Is he worth a 2013 2nd round rookie pick? Or is he worth more or less? I was thinking about trying to aquire him in a PPR league.

Thank you

Hey Jeff,How's everything going with you brother?I have been experimenting quite a bit, and trying to get ready for some big drafts coming toward the end of the month.Trying to focus on value, and things seem a bit different this year after the big three rb's are gone:Another Mock ppr league 1qb,2rb,3wr,1rb/te/wr,1te Redraft1.04 Foster2.09 Gronk3.04 J.JOnes4.09 Bradshaw5.04 Thomas6.09 Redman7.04 Romo8.09 D. Moore9.04 D.Brown10.09 L.Moore11.04 Freeman12.09 Celek13.04 Jets14.09 Collie15.04 HartleyDo you see anything you would of done differently? I do appreciate your opinion.The real draft will be 18 rounds....i'll need to pick some sleeper swing for fences picksThanks,Rob
I love the start and would think this is a very good team. If you take DMoore, I would target DHB a few rounds later with DM's happy issues of the past. I would also look for Kevin Smith & Rashad Jennings as sleepers

'bighead2000 said:
Jeff,What do you think about Powell this year???THanks
I like him but the biggest part of his appeal is that Greene stinks. McKnight and Powell might have a chance. But, the odds are that the Jets bring in a RB1 next yr

'krsone21 said:
Jeff,What is Bilal Powell's value in dynasty rookie draft picks. Is he worth a 2013 2nd round rookie pick? Or is he worth more or less? I was thinking about trying to aquire him in a PPR league.Thank you
a future 2nd seems about right. I would not pay more, but he is a decent lottery pick considering how poorly Greene has played and the Jets could go to a youth movement as their season tanks this year

Hey, Jeff.

12-team, keep-5 league. 1QB, 1Superflex, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D lineup. Standard performance scoring with 4 PaTD and 1 per first down reception (~1/3 PPR for RB, 1/2 for TE, 2/3 for WR). $260 total for 18 roster spots. Salaries escalate after 2 years based on performance, so I tend to only look 2-3 years out.

My potential keepers: Vick ($47), Big Ben ($43), Ingram ($34 - I drank the Koolaid), D. Williams ($34), J. Stewart ($7), Scott ($6), Jacquizz Rodgers ($1), Gates ($17), Nicks ($25), S. Holmes ($11)

There are three very strong teams this year (including one with McFadden for $8 and Murray for $1), so my chances of winning the league are low without a bit of luck. I'm not giving up on the season, but I'm definitely focusing more on next year's value than I typically do.

With that in mind, I'm thinking of only keeping four players: Vick ($47, will be $57 next year), Stewart ($7, next year: $12 or $35-40 if he cracks RB20 this year), Rodgers ($1, next year: $6 or $30-35 if RB1-20) and Nicks ($25, $30 next year). Vick won't be a bargain next year, but he'll help keep my team competitive this year and provide potential trade bait if he does well but the rest of my team does not. I'll drop Roethlisberger as he won't be worth his $50+ salary next year and because nearly all the top-20 QB's will be available in this year's auction. Nicks is questionable, but if he's a top-5 WR in 2013, he'll be worth the $30 price tag. Stewart and Rodgers are cheap and may have good situations next year. I'm on the fence with Scott as his value for next year is likely lower than this year, but I'm leaning towards not keeping him at this point.

Do you agree with the keeper choices? Also, strategy-wise, would you personally prefer to focus on getting a couple of the better players with lasting value (Richardson, Cruz, Luck, RG3) or scattershot a larger number of lottery tickets (Tannehill, Pead, Wilson, etc.). [Caveat: several teams will be "reseting" this year, especially with such a strong front-runner, so prices may not be as cheap for prospects as in some years.]

Hey, Jeff.

12-team, keep-5 league. 1QB, 1Superflex, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D lineup. Standard performance scoring with 4 PaTD and 1 per first down reception (~1/3 PPR for RB, 1/2 for TE, 2/3 for WR). $260 total for 18 roster spots. Salaries escalate after 2 years based on performance, so I tend to only look 2-3 years out.

My potential keepers: Vick ($47), Big Ben ($43), Ingram ($34 - I drank the Koolaid), D. Williams ($34), J. Stewart ($7), Scott ($6), Jacquizz Rodgers ($1), Gates ($17), Nicks ($25), S. Holmes ($11)

There are three very strong teams this year (including one with McFadden for $8 and Murray for $1), so my chances of winning the league are low without a bit of luck. I'm not giving up on the season, but I'm definitely focusing more on next year's value than I typically do.

With that in mind, I'm thinking of only keeping four players: Vick ($47, will be $57 next year), Stewart ($7, next year: $12 or $35-40 if he cracks RB20 this year), Rodgers ($1, next year: $6 or $30-35 if RB1-20) and Nicks ($25, $30 next year). Vick won't be a bargain next year, but he'll help keep my team competitive this year and provide potential trade bait if he does well but the rest of my team does not. I'll drop Roethlisberger as he won't be worth his $50+ salary next year and because nearly all the top-20 QB's will be available in this year's auction. Nicks is questionable, but if he's a top-5 WR in 2013, he'll be worth the $30 price tag. Stewart and Rodgers are cheap and may have good situations next year. I'm on the fence with Scott as his value for next year is likely lower than this year, but I'm leaning towards not keeping him at this point.

Do you agree with the keeper choices? Also, strategy-wise, would you personally prefer to focus on getting a couple of the better players with lasting value (Richardson, Cruz, Luck, RG3) or scattershot a larger number of lottery tickets (Tannehill, Pead, Wilson, etc.). [Caveat: several teams will be "reseting" this year, especially with such a strong front-runner, so prices may not be as cheap for prospects as in some years.]
I agree with keeping fewer playes, but may keep Gates, too, since if he is having a banner year ... will be good trade bait.On the strategy, your league rewards QBs so I would target RG3 (or Luck) and a couple from the Tannehill, Wilson, Pead group. Also, look for Russell Wilson (SEA) cheap.

Hey Jeff,

12 team H2H auction Keeper League

Keep 3 players for max 3 years

$200 salary

Rookie Taxi Squad- We can keep as many rookies Keepers as we want and their salary and term depends on round they were drafted in rookie draft.

1pt/10 yard receiving or rushing, 6 pts all TD's, 1 pt/25 yards passing

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

League is switching from 4 wr/te to 3 wr and 1 TE this year.

I traded away all of my rookie picks last year to make a run and ended up winning the league. I also am Losing Rodgers $4, Calvin Johnson $20, and Adrian Peterson $40 to free agency. As a result my keepers are not the greatest.

Keepers-

Q- Cutler $10

RB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper)

WR- Pierre Garcon $11, Denarious Moore $6, Mike Williams tb $5(rookie keeper)

Other possible keepers are Bilal Powel $4, Shane Vareen $1, Willis McGahee $14,

Rookie Squad- Javon Ringer, Early Doucet, Marcus Easley.

Notable Free Agents- QB- Rogders, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, Flynn

RB- Jones-Drew, Peterson, Turner, Gore, Steven Jackson, Donald Brown,

WR- Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Colston, Bowe,

TE- Vernon DAvis, Finley, Celek, Tamme

And we haven't decided keepers yet so that free agent list will increase. Keeping Chris Johnson and Mike Williams as rookie keepers(drafted in rookie draft) doesn't affect the total number of keepers(3 regular keepers)

With the strong training camp that Powel is having should I keep him over Cutler. McGahee is the starter and a good RB2/3, would you keep him over Cutler. I am going to try to get Rivers or Peyton Manning(if he is cut) for my QB so why not throw Cutler back in when I can likely get him as a backup for $10 anyways. Cutler may have a very good year but I'm wondering if I should keep McGahee or Powel over him. Thanks

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H auction Keeper LeagueKeep 3 players for max 3 years$200 salaryRookie Taxi Squad- We can keep as many rookies Keepers as we want and their salary and term depends on round they were drafted in rookie draft.1pt/10 yard receiving or rushing, 6 pts all TD's, 1 pt/25 yards passingStart 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 KLeague is switching from 4 wr/te to 3 wr and 1 TE this year.I traded away all of my rookie picks last year to make a run and ended up winning the league. I also am Losing Rodgers $4, Calvin Johnson $20, and Adrian Peterson $40 to free agency. As a result my keepers are not the greatest.Keepers-Q- Cutler $10RB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper)WR- Pierre Garcon $11, Denarious Moore $6, Mike Williams tb $5(rookie keeper)Other possible keepers are Bilal Powel $4, Shane Vareen $1, Willis McGahee $14, Rookie Squad- Javon Ringer, Early Doucet, Marcus Easley.Notable Free Agents- QB- Rogders, Rivers, Brees, Schaub, FlynnRB- Jones-Drew, Peterson, Turner, Gore, Steven Jackson, Donald Brown,WR- Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Colston, Bowe,TE- Vernon DAvis, Finley, Celek, TammeAnd we haven't decided keepers yet so that free agent list will increase. Keeping Chris Johnson and Mike Williams as rookie keepers(drafted in rookie draft) doesn't affect the total number of keepers(3 regular keepers)With the strong training camp that Powel is having should I keep him over Cutler. McGahee is the starter and a good RB2/3, would you keep him over Cutler. I am going to try to get Rivers or Peyton Manning(if he is cut) for my QB so why not throw Cutler back in when I can likely get him as a backup for $10 anyways. Cutler may have a very good year but I'm wondering if I should keep McGahee or Powel over him. Thanks
I like Cutler to have a decent year, but would throw him back for either Powell or Vereen. If you are going to rebuild, do so with cheap keepers.

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile. I am very torn, so hoping for some input.

12 team league, 6 keepers..normal starters.

TDs - 6pts w/ bonus for longer TDs

Brees, Rice, McFadden, Nicks, VJax,& Colston-keepers

While I think the consensus is that Richardson is the next great RB, how large of a gap do you see between him & Martin? I am loaded w/ early picks (1.02, 1.07, 1.08, 2-2nds, & 3-3rds) so I have been discussing possible deals.

I could deal for AJ Green, & still hold onto 1.02 for Martin, or does Richardson hold enough value that I deal for only the 1.01?

Also, very high on Antonio Brown this year, your thoughts?

Hi Jeff, it's been awhile. I am very torn, so hoping for some input.12 team league, 6 keepers..normal starters.TDs - 6pts w/ bonus for longer TDsBrees, Rice, McFadden, Nicks, VJax,& Colston-keepersWhile I think the consensus is that Richardson is the next great RB, how large of a gap do you see between him & Martin? I am loaded w/ early picks (1.02, 1.07, 1.08, 2-2nds, & 3-3rds) so I have been discussing possible deals.I could deal for AJ Green, & still hold onto 1.02 for Martin, or does Richardson hold enough value that I deal for only the 1.01?Also, very high on Antonio Brown this year, your thoughts?
I would try to get AJGreen if you can ... without losing Brees or Rice. I think you'd be ok going with Martin. Even if there is a difference between he and Richardson, I would not overpay since you have strong keepers.I like Brown more if/when Wallace returns. He does well with Wallace getting all of the attention. I expect Brown to be a Top 20 WR again this year

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring with recpts 2pts for 8-10 & 3pts for for 11+, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

My team

QB's- J. Freeman, M. Stafford

WR's- D. Williams, M. Ingram, B. Wells, R. Williams, B. Jacobs, T. Hightower, S. Vereen

WR's- C. Johnson, H. Nicks, M. Crabtree, D. Bryant, R. Moss, J. Lestar

TE's- K. Winslow, A. Hernandez

Picks 1.10, 2.11 & 3.11.

What would you offer for A. Johnson that would include my 1.10. His team is pretty bad and looking to rebuild so any players that he would want would need to be younger players.

I know I need RB's but they are really all spread out over the 12 teams and the team with the 1.01 pick this year is set at WR and needs RB's just as bad as I do. So what I am thinking is trading the 1.10 and a younger player for AJ and then I can start 4 WR's and 1 RB.

Hello Jeff,

Two 12 team Leagues Redraft: 1Qb,2Rb,3Wr,1flex,1te the other is just 2wr and 2rb plus flex position

I'll be drafting from the eight hole and the tenth on the second one(it has just 2wrs)

I just need you ideas on what you would do. Keep going back and forth about certain rb's like:

Charles,Murray,MJD....figure can come out with Two stud Wr's after four rounds...but figure need 1 rb minimum.

Your thoughts ALWAYS appreciated!

Take care!

12 team keeper league, No PPR, 1Qb, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE

MY team

RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, C. Benson, W. McGahee, J. Best

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, S. Holmes, AJ Green

Keepers are in bold but need one more and now with Benson in GB wondering who you would keep between Benson, McGahee & Dalton.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring with recpts 2pts for 8-10 & 3pts for for 11+, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE)My teamQB's- J. Freeman, M. Stafford WR's- D. Williams, M. Ingram, B. Wells, R. Williams, B. Jacobs, T. Hightower, S. Vereen WR's- C. Johnson, H. Nicks, M. Crabtree, D. Bryant, R. Moss, J. Lestar TE's- K. Winslow, A. Hernandez Picks 1.10, 2.11 & 3.11.What would you offer for A. Johnson that would include my 1.10. His team is pretty bad and looking to rebuild so any players that he would want would need to be younger players. I know I need RB's but they are really all spread out over the 12 teams and the team with the 1.01 pick this year is set at WR and needs RB's just as bad as I do. So what I am thinking is trading the 1.10 and a younger player for AJ and then I can start 4 WR's and 1 RB.
I would start with Crabtree and the 1.10 for AJ and a 2nd or 3rd .... some love Crabtree this year so that might get it done. With yoru RBs, having the AZ backfield should be enough most weeks. Having Hightower and Vereen, you might see how cheaply you can acquire Royster or Ridley just for better insurance

Hello Jeff,Two 12 team Leagues Redraft: 1Qb,2Rb,3Wr,1flex,1te the other is just 2wr and 2rb plus flex positionI'll be drafting from the eight hole and the tenth on the second one(it has just 2wrs)I just need you ideas on what you would do. Keep going back and forth about certain rb's like:Charles,Murray,MJD....figure can come out with Two stud Wr's after four rounds...but figure need 1 rb minimum.Your thoughts ALWAYS appreciated!Take care!
The RB position is much shallower than the WRs this year so I might look at going RB/RB this year with MJD (try to get Jennings later) and either Murray or Charles in round two. The injuries have made the RB position a mess for those who wait on RB1//RB2

12 team keeper league, No PPR, 1Qb, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE

MY team

RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, C. Benson, W. McGahee, J. Best

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, S. Holmes, AJ Green

Keepers are in bold but need one more and now with Benson in GB wondering who you would keep between Benson, McGahee & Dalton.
I would keep McGahee since GB rarely runs enough to keep fantasy owners happy. Fox in Denver loves to run the ball.

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hello Jeff,Two 12 team Leagues Redraft: 1Qb,2Rb,3Wr,1flex,1te the other is just 2wr and 2rb plus flex positionI'll be drafting from the eight hole and the tenth on the second one(it has just 2wrs)I just need you ideas on what you would do. Keep going back and forth about certain rb's like:Charles,Murray,MJD....figure can come out with Two stud Wr's after four rounds...but figure need 1 rb minimum.Your thoughts ALWAYS appreciated!Take care!
The RB position is much shallower than the WRs this year so I might look at going RB/RB this year with MJD (try to get Jennings later) and either Murray or Charles in round two. The injuries have made the RB position a mess for those who wait on RB1//RB2
That's what I thought! What do you think about Forte?Thoughts on Tamme,Pettigrew this year? and Locker?

14 team redraft, non ppr. I have pick 11 (and 18 in the 2nd round). I'm most likely going DMC in round 1 and then another RB in round 2 (obviously it's not in stone yet, but that's my plan).

How would you rank these RBs right now (draft is sunday):

Matthews

Lynch

Murray

ADP

Charles

S.Jackson

Thanks.

Simple question here... PPR Dynasty, rate these three for dynasty purposes:

Hillman

Blackmon

Jacquizz Rodgers

TIA! :thumbup:

In a start 2QB's league , 16 teams and already have M. Vick. Who would you draft from Rivers, Romo, Chris Johnson, Fitz or Forte. Scoring all TD's 6pts and PPR for WR's 1pt and TE's 2pt. All 4 top TE's are gone and we just finished the 1st round.

Wondering if I should go with another QB since it is a start 2 QB league or should I roll with Chris Johnson.

In a start 2QB's league , 16 teams and already have M. Vick. Who would you draft from Rivers, Romo, Chris Johnson, Fitz or Forte. Scoring all TD's 6pts and PPR for WR's 1pt and TE's 2pt. All 4 top TE's are gone and we just finished the 1st round.Wondering if I should go with another QB since it is a start 2 QB league or should I roll with Chris Johnson.
Well was on the clock when I got up this morning so went with Rivers since it is a 2 QB start league eventhough I know I will not have anything at RB or WR my next pick. So do you think I made the right move everyone listed above was still on the board.

That's what I thought! What do you think about Forte?Thoughts on Tamme,Pettigrew this year?
Not as high on Forte as in years past with Michael Bush brought in to vulture TDs.Love Tamme, but think Pettigrew will be overdrafted. Also, Tony Gonzalez seems to be cheap this year.

14 team redraft, non ppr. I have pick 11 (and 18 in the 2nd round). I'm most likely going DMC in round 1 and then another RB in round 2 (obviously it's not in stone yet, but that's my plan).

How would you rank these RBs right now (draft is sunday):

Matthews

Lynch

Murray

ADP

Charles

S.Jackson

Thanks.
I, too, would go RB/RB in a 14 teamer. i would have them in the same order. The Mathews injury could allow you to get him that late.

Simple question here... PPR Dynasty, rate these three for dynasty purposes:HillmanBlackmonJacquizz RodgersTIA! :thumbup:
Rodgers - even though I think it will be another year before he sees major time (barring a Turner injurBlackmon - love the skillset, issue is QB in Jax. Should be a star next year when they upgrade QBHillman - I like his receiving/ability in space, but a distant third to the other two for me

In a start 2QB's league , 16 teams and already have M. Vick. Who would you draft from Rivers, Romo, Chris Johnson, Fitz or Forte. Scoring all TD's 6pts and PPR for WR's 1pt and TE's 2pt. All 4 top TE's are gone and we just finished the 1st round.Wondering if I should go with another QB since it is a start 2 QB league or should I roll with Chris Johnson.
Well was on the clock when I got up this morning so went with Rivers since it is a 2 QB start league eventhough I know I will not have anything at RB or WR my next pick. So do you think I made the right move everyone listed above was still on the board.
I would have suggested QB as well. I would go RB next round. There are decent choices like Charles/Lynch/Forte/Murray and one usually slips through

Users who are viewing this thread