What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everyone is sleeping on.... (2 Viewers)

David Wilson

Seems to have leapfrogged Ware (getting 1st team reps now) and despite his pass protection learning curve, I have little doubt he is going to be an important part of the Giants ground game this year.

This.

Toby Gerhardt @ rb - ADP is a stud but he isnt going to be himself this year (maybe never agin) and I wouldnt be surprised if he started on the pup. He is the Vikings franchise and they arent going to take a chance of screwing up the rest of his career.I had Gerhardt last year down the stretch and he was a stud. He was his stretch of games after ADP went down (NON PPR)

This.

Toby Gerhardt @ rb - ADP is a stud but he isnt going to be himself this year (maybe never agin) and I wouldnt be surprised if he started on the pup. He is the Vikings franchise and they arent going to take a chance of screwing up the rest of his career.I had Gerhardt last year down the stretch and he was a stud. He was his stretch of games after ADP went down (NON PPR)
Except the Vikings can't put ADP on the regular season PUP list.

This.

Except the Vikings can't put ADP on the regular season PUP list.
You know what I mean. I'm surprised Gerhart is dropping to around 105 overall.

'zamboni said:
David WilsonSeems to have leapfrogged Ware (getting 1st team reps now) and despite his pass protection learning curve, I have little doubt he is going to be an important part of the Giants ground game this year.
I have the 2nd pick in a rookie draft. #1 will more than likely be Trent. Seriously thinking this guy for my pick.

'zamboni said:
David WilsonSeems to have leapfrogged Ware (getting 1st team reps now) and despite his pass protection learning curve, I have little doubt he is going to be an important part of the Giants ground game this year.
I have the 2nd pick in a rookie draft. #1 will more than likely be Trent. Seriously thinking this guy for my pick.
As much as I like Wilson, would be hard to not pick Martin there. Seems like Doug has an easier ascension to be the guy, and they drafted him to be that.

'zamboni said:
I just read that he is having trouble picking up the playbook.

'zamboni said:
I just read that he is having trouble picking up the playbook.
That seemed to be making the rounds last week - who knows.I'm more interested in seeing how he does this weekend, as he is getting some 1st team reps. Coughlin may want to limit Bradshaw for the game, so could be a showcase game for Wilson - and the 3rd game is usually the one that matters.

Eddie Royal
Bumping this for Vincent Brown's injury. Take another look at Eddie Royal, being drafted around 150 overall. Rivers can't throw the deep ball any more, which actually helps Royal working out of the slot. Practicing now again after an injury. Caught 91 passes in 2008; could be PPR gold again. Even gets a few carries each year a la Percy Harvin. Certainly won't cost you much to find out.

Eddie Royal
Bumping this for Vincent Brown's injury. Take another look at Eddie Royal, being drafted around 150 overall. Rivers can't throw the deep ball any more, which actually helps Royal working out of the slot. Practicing now again after an injury. Caught 91 passes in 2008; could be PPR gold again. Even gets a few carries each year a la Percy Harvin. Certainly won't cost you much to find out.
according to who?

Eddie Royal
according to who?
ya, rivers only throws it to gates, or who ever gets open. royals flaw is his inability to get open in zones

I think I had schaub a couple years ago --- foster was absolutely killin' me.never again.....
I hear ya, I could be wrong but he's going below rookie QBs and that offense is awesome. If healthy Schaub will outperform his ADP IMHO. I realize that is a big if.

Eddie Royal
according to who?
Me. My opinion in watching Rivers. No zip on the ball deep or on the outs any more. Buyer beware.

I think I had schaub a couple years ago --- foster was absolutely killin' me.never again.....
I hear ya, I could be wrong but he's going below rookie QBs and that offense is awesome. If healthy Schaub will outperform his ADP IMHO. I realize that is a big if.
Agreed. I like Schaub and Flacco as my QB2 this year.
Considering they have the same bye week, not sure if that is the best option.

Eddie Royal
according to who?
Me. My opinion in watching Rivers. No zip on the ball deep or on the outs any more. Buyer beware.
kevin acee disagrees

Eddie Royal
according to who?
Cosell hasn't seen it either.

Just finished drafting, and if my league is any indication, the following guys were just completely ignored. They are not the trendy picks by any means, but I think they warrant a lot more attention then they are getting.

WR

Santana Moss: Getting drafted around WR50. Last year looked like a down year, but he was still targeted 8 times per game. With a massive upgrade at QB I think he could return to top 25 production. I think he's this years "old guy." Similar in a lot of ways to Steve Smith last year - even though his game is not nearly as explosive anymore.

Desean Jackson: He lasted to the 6th and this was a philly draft. Most drafts he goes around WR25. This doesn't seem right to me. He was WR4 in 2009 on only 118 targets, and WR14 in 2010 on only 95 targets. With a lot of WRs to choose from I can see why he gets passed on (I opted for Decker over him) but I think he represents great potential here.

QB

Alex Smith: If I hadn't decided to roster 3 QBs he would have went undrafted. I think at worst, he's a mid level QB2 and he gives me some insurance if Wilson is all hype. Too many people are treating him like he has no upside. He played good, smart football on a good team last year. Fantasy relevance could be close behind

Josh Freeman: I know he sucked last year and it was compounded by the fact that he was so hyped going into the year. But his rushing abilities give him some added value and the offense is greatly improved, at least on paper. He went in the 15th round.

RB

Steven Jackson: I challenge you to take a good look at this years running backs and name five guys who could have 300 carries without naming Steven Jackson. I think he might be the favorite to lead the league in carries. I think some people look at last year and think his numbers tailed off a bit, and combined with his age get scared away. The truth is he got hurt early on in week 1, missed week 2, and only carried the ball 4 times week 3. He lasted to round 4, at that point I had to trade up to grab him.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, s moss is a safe bet to get ignored, but s jax probably goes in the 3rd in most drafts along with f jax and maybe martin and sproles.

I think a player that a lot of people will sleep on is Kendall Wright. He is a big play waiting to happen - especially a BIG sleeper in PPR leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I like Schaub and Flacco as my QB2 this year.
Considering they have the same bye week, not sure if that is the best option.
Obviously only 1 of them would be needed to be a QB2. So by definition you don't even need to look at their bye weeks as it is not applicable.

Can't believe I honestly think this but...Joe Flacco. I think he winds up comfortably inside the top 10 of FF QBs. And you pay a price of someone who's being taken anywhere between the 16th & 20th QB.

Shanahanigans has already said he's carved out a significant role this preseason and could be the "lonely soldier" in week 1. Helu and Royster are still nursing injuries, and Hightower just got back from his, and did not look great. Meanwhile, Morris is probably the most successful back of the preseason, averaging over 5 ypc.

I also think Shanahan likes proving that his system makes the RB, not the other way around. Explains trading Portis and constantly trying to turn second-tier RBs into starters (Tatum Bell, Maurice Clarrett, Mike Anderson, etc). Morris seems like the perfect fit to surprise in a Shanahan offense. I've got him in both leagues thus far.

I just think it's too likely that he'll be supplanted at some point. What stood out to me about the Colts game is that Hightower came in and instantly looked as good as Morris, if not better.

Gary and Anderson were a long time ago now. In more recent times we've seen guys like Quentin Griffin and Ryan Torain make a big splash only to be nudged aside at the first sign of struggles. In this great tub of mediocrity, I think Helu, Royster, and Hightower are just as likely to lead the team in rushing as Morris, and that makes all of them pretty much untouchable for me.

Eddie Royal
Definitly being slept on and could surprise.

Eddie Royal
Definitly being slept on and could surprise.
I prefer malcolm floyd over royal.

I just think it's too likely that he'll be supplanted at some point. What stood out to me about the Colts game is that Hightower came in and instantly looked as good as Morris, if not better. Gary and Anderson were a long time ago now. In more recent times we've seen guys like Quentin Griffin and Ryan Torain make a big splash only to be nudged aside at the first sign of struggles. In this great tub of mediocrity, I think Helu, Royster, and Hightower are just as likely to lead the team in rushing as Morris, and that makes all of them pretty much untouchable for me.
Morris still makes a good play for those drafting MJD, Mathews, or Richardson, two of whom have no clear backup. I have no delusions that Shanahanigans takes over and all three, possibly all four backs start at some point. But right now Helu is still hurt and the story is in on Hightower, so it's really down to Royster and Morris. I have a hard time believing Hightower starts in front of all these guys.

I just think it's too likely that he'll be supplanted at some point. What stood out to me about the Colts game is that Hightower came in and instantly looked as good as Morris, if not better. Gary and Anderson were a long time ago now. In more recent times we've seen guys like Quentin Griffin and Ryan Torain make a big splash only to be nudged aside at the first sign of struggles. In this great tub of mediocrity, I think Helu, Royster, and Hightower are just as likely to lead the team in rushing as Morris, and that makes all of them pretty much untouchable for me.
Morris still makes a good play for those drafting MJD, Mathews, or Richardson, two of whom have no clear backup. I have no delusions that Shanahanigans takes over and all three, possibly all four backs start at some point. But right now Helu is still hurt and the story is in on Hightower, so it's really down to Royster and Morris. I have a hard time believing Hightower starts in front of all these guys.
any homers here know if all 4 will be on the roster? seems unlikely.call me crazy, but i don't think morris is any worse of a pick than donald brown, and i'd rather have him 6 or whatever rounds later. agree that it's likely that he'll be supplanted at first stretch of lousy play, but i think brown will too. i'd rather buy this lottery ticket than lots of others, including carolina rbs and zona rbs. morris is a strong bet to start at least week 1. and will undoubtedly continue to start if he plays well. could be a great sell high opportunity if you are into that, as well. people overdrafted the hell out of hightower (last years consensus sleeper). granted it went belly-up, but why is everybody so afraid to spend a pick maybe 5 rounds lower on pretty much the same, if not better situation this year?

I actually think Hightower is a better back, for one thing.

I don't particularly like Hightower. He has no big play ability, but he's quick, powerful, versatile, and experienced.

And I also think Morris is a mediocre talent. Late pick with no special physical qualities. That doesn't mean he can't be effective in spot duty, but I'm not seeing anything that separates him from the likes of Royster and Helu, who seem to offer more or less the same package.

In deeper leagues, all of the following are either NFL starters or close to it . . .

Andre Roberts, Kevin Walter, Jerome Simpson, Steve Breaston, Davone Bess, Lefegu Naanee, Stephen Hill, Danny Amendola, Steve Smith, Leonard Hankerson, Mario Manningham, Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards, and Devery Henrderson.

They may not all be great options, but I see a lot of those guys going undrafted or on the waiver wire.

I actually think Hightower is a better back, for one thing.I don't particularly like Hightower. He has no big play ability, but he's quick, powerful, versatile, and experienced. And I also think Morris is a mediocre talent. Late pick with no special physical qualities. That doesn't mean he can't be effective in spot duty, but I'm not seeing anything that separates him from the likes of Royster and Helu, who seem to offer more or less the same package.
Personally I am not touching any Washington RB. Even if you get the guy and Crazyhan says he is starting that game, the guy could run the ball twice and not do great and Crazyhan benches him for one of the other 3. It's not worth having any RB that guy coaches.

I actually think Hightower is a better back, for one thing.I don't particularly like Hightower. He has no big play ability, but he's quick, powerful, versatile, and experienced. And I also think Morris is a mediocre talent. Late pick with no special physical qualities. That doesn't mean he can't be effective in spot duty, but I'm not seeing anything that separates him from the likes of Royster and Helu, who seem to offer more or less the same package.
Personally I am not touching any Washington RB. Even if you get the guy and Crazyhan says he is starting that game, the guy could run the ball twice and not do great and Crazyhan benches him for one of the other 3. It's not worth having any RB that guy coaches.
This. And ditto New England. I finally just cut Vereen in a dynasty last night to pick up the Jets defense. At least I know they'll be playing a full game.

I actually think Hightower is a better back, for one thing.

I don't particularly like Hightower. He has no big play ability, but he's quick, powerful, versatile, and experienced.

And I also think Morris is a mediocre talent. Late pick with no special physical qualities. That doesn't mean he can't be effective in spot duty, but I'm not seeing anything that separates him from the likes of Royster and Helu, who seem to offer more or less the same package.
people used to salivate at getting his rb's, now they deliberately stay away...my 2 cents, the smart play is to disregard all of that nonsense. you know that the guy has a good chance at starting, and you know that, no matter who the coach is, a guy like this is going to have to tear up to keep the starting job. he is worth a bet, at some point in your draft. also, this is the first semblance of a legitimate team that shanny has coached in years. it's possible that there will be very little experimentation, and that he will want stability on the field.

I was able to draft Reggie Wayne in the ninth of draft last night. That seemed insane to me. He's the WR1 on a team with a talented quarterback and no defense.

I was able to draft Reggie Wayne in the ninth of draft last night. That seemed insane to me. He's the WR1 on a team with a talented quarterback and no defense.
That's great. I had to take him in round 7 which I still feel was decent considering our league has 14 members this year. There was not much left on the boards after the first few rounds.

Eddie Royal
:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread