What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson 2012 (1 Viewer)

I just traded away CJ for Forte in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues. I can afford to have Forte sit until he gets healthy which is why I made the offer. Feel kind of relieved since I own CJ and several leagues and wanted to diversify.
Well I tried this and it was a no-go.

Just offered D. Brown for him in a 12 team, non-ppr, Yahoo league. Their trade evaluator actually shows this as a favorable trade for him.

I'm sure he'll be insulted and reject the offer, but it says a lot about CK's plummeting value.

At what point does he get benched or lose carries?

Also is there any timetable on how long Ringer is out, and with him out would Harper be the guy?

I have to believe a few more weeks of this and the Titans go with someone else considering they've already suffered a year of it previously.

Ok, let me ask this:

*Last year, Johnson's first two games went:

9/24/0 (Rush) + 6/25/0 (Rec) (@Jax)

24/53/0 + 3/12/0 (Vs Bal)

At 0.5 PPR, that's 7.9 + 8.0 =17.9

He finished with:

262/1047/4 (4.0) + 57/418/0, or 1465 yards.

Now, what total yards number will he finish with *this* year?

ETA: By the way it seems to me it would help Locker & the Titans offense a lot if they came out throwing to Johnson a lot more. I think the failure to include him in the passing game puzzles me more than the YPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just offered Beanie Wells and a 2nd round rookie pick next year for him in my 10 team dynasty league. Thinking about taking it.

From The Tennessean:

"The run game ain't working," Johnson said. "We just aren't executing the plays. I don't know why we're not." Johnson expressed more frustration after Sunday's loss than he did after the season-opening loss to the Patriots. ... "People need to step up and do their job," Johnson said. "They don't need to let people beat them. It don't matter who the opposing defense is."

It also says his grandmother, whom he was close to, died before the game. Says he was playing with a heavy heart. I feel bad for him - but it sounds like he's lashing out at his O-Line, which is never a good sign. Seems he should take some of the blame, too. I am still hanging on to CJ in a Keeper league in hopes he turns it around at some point.

I LOVE Chris Johnson quotes. I have yet to see one where he blames himself.

I realize it's a different sport but this guys just like jimmy Rollins. Gets paid and then doesn't play hard and blames everyone around him. Sell if you can. Don't ride him out and hope he turns it around because he'll have a good game here and there but disappoint you in the end.

I realize it's a different sport but this guys just like jimmy Rollins. Gets paid and then doesn't play hard and blames everyone around him. Sell if you can. Don't ride him out and hope he turns it around because he'll have a good game here and there but disappoint you in the end.
I was fortunate to have Spiller as my Rb2 and Bush in my flex to win. This guy is now a flex option at best for me. I will start him at home vs the Lions where Gore just got his first Td but he is not an every week starter, he's not playing like it and we have to adjust.

Well even if he disappoints, he still has value. He probably won't be top 5 RB so he'll be a bust in those terms but he can still have a decent year. As someone previously mentioned, the guy is just about impossible to trade b/c the difference in value between owners and potential trade partners is too big. Even if he isn't top 5, do you honestly think he isn't top 24 back and perhaps top 12-15? But is anyone going to trade Gore, S Jax, or even BJGE for him? I'd probably still have him ahead of M. Bush assuming Forte doesn't miss more than a week or two. Just wait til he plays the Jags and Colts 4 times. SD gave up 32 yards to DMC and 45 yards in total to the Raiders. And NE wasn't terrible giving up 3.2 ypc to Cards and only 2.375 ypc to Beanie/Ryan Williams. I know they aren't exactly great RBs either but I'd be more worried if they lit up the Pats.

lol de ja vu... is this the same CJ thread from last year? hahaha .... you people need to take a few deep breaths. Its week 2. Look where he finished last year after missing camp and holding out ... this year he's been in a camp and reportedly in tip top shape. STAY PATIENT. If you have other options I'd say use them until he shows life but I wouldn't cut him or trade him because you won't get full value. Theres only a couple things I dont like about CJ and thats his oline and his schedule. He schedule appears to be brutal... other than that.. KEEP CJ2K

So what becomes a good trade offer for him with such bad value? I'm in a 12 team standard scoring league and the guy who owns CJ got burned by him last year as well. I'm almost prepared to offer crap for crap at this point and see if he will bite on Ryan Williams from Arizona and maybe throw in a low grade WR.

So what becomes a good trade offer for him with such bad value? I'm in a 12 team standard scoring league and the guy who owns CJ got burned by him last year as well. I'm almost prepared to offer crap for crap at this point and see if he will bite on Ryan Williams from Arizona and maybe throw in a low grade WR.
You might be able to trade him for that junk if the guy is that upset after 2 years of CJ. Perhaps I'm more patient than most but last year he was 16th highest back on ESPN with a not much better start. I'd have to get top 24 back in return. Yahoo just had one of their guys trade him for BJGE which is about where I'm at. Guy said he took lower ceiling for higher floor. Richardson and Bush are probably off the table with their breakout games but I'd say someone like Ridley. But see this is the problem, his value is much closer to Ridley than Ryan Williams but nobody will offer Ridley b/c most people don't actually sell high or buy low. Sure, after one week its easy to see a return to the mean but after two weeks, then you are actually buying low. Ridley will probably be around top 20-24 the rest of the year but doesn't nearly provide the potential upside of CJ but most look at the past 2 weeks and want security.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/monday-brunch-selling-low-chris-johnson-192945908--fantasy.html

You might be able to trade him for that junk if the guy is that upset after 2 years of CJ. Perhaps I'm more patient than most but last year he was 16th highest back on ESPN with a not much better start. I'd have to get top 24 back in return. Yahoo just had one of their guys trade him for BJGE which is about where I'm at. Guy said he took lower ceiling for higher floor. Richardson and Bush are probably off the table with their breakout games but I'd say someone like Ridley. But see this is the problem, his value is much closer to Ridley than Ryan Williams but nobody will offer Ridley b/c most people don't actually sell high or buy low. Sure, after one week its easy to see a return to the mean but after two weeks, then you are actually buying low. Ridley will probably be around top 20-24 the rest of the year but doesn't nearly provide the potential upside of CJ but most look at the past 2 weeks and want security.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/monday-brunch-selling-low-chris-johnson-192945908--fantasy.html
I guess that is the biggest issue, you know what he cost you to draft him and what he should be worth but no one is willing to offer that amount in the hopes that he bounces back. If you can get him low you don't mind sticking him on the bench waiting for him to get his mojo back, but most people are only going to offer so much for what has become just "potential" gains.

I guess that is the biggest issue, you know what he cost you to draft him and what he should be worth but no one is willing to offer that amount in the hopes that he bounces back. If you can get him low you don't mind sticking him on the bench waiting for him to get his mojo back, but most people are only going to offer so much for what has become just "potential" gains.
It is a bit what you paid for him but it also is his actual worth. Still finishes in the top 24. I'd think about dumping him off for someone like Ridley, probably do it for someone like Martin but no Martin owner probably offers that. If you dump CJ for someone like Ryan Williams, you might as well just quit on your season. If you have someone else you can play like Ridley then by all means bench CJ, but shipping him off for anything less than something like BJGE would be stupid. If you have nothing better than CJ, you might as well keep him and play him over Ryan Williams and if you can bench him, who is more of a sleeper, Ryan Williams or CJ?

So would you trade him for Colston straight up?
That is tough, both are buy lows. I like Colston going forward. Only so many options in NO, they look to be behind a lot, and he has had some bad luck. I would definitely think about it. This probably comes into a case by case basis. If you need wins now to make the playoffs and you have someone on your bench who you can start I'd take it. If you have a deeper playoff system, WRs and no RBs, I'd hold onto him. CJ probably has higher ceiling at a scarcer position but it'd be tough to continue to start him if you have other options.

The upside being spoken of is no longer there. It vanished 2 years ago. The range you're dealing with is bad to mediocre. Basically a match up play

The upside being spoken of is no longer there. It vanished 2 years ago. The range you're dealing with is bad to mediocre. Basically a match up play
Again, he was the 16th ranked back last year. 8 games under 10 points. Games of 2, 3 and 5 points. 2 games of 4 and 6 points. Yet still finished with 157 points. You can name 24 running backs at this point who you'd rather start over him. Yes, against bad match ups if you have an RB going against the Jags I'd bench him but he still has value. People are just judging him based on where he was drafted. If you put him in a category with Greene, Stewart, McGahee, etc. you still don't want him?

lol de ja vu... is this the same CJ thread from last year? hahaha .... you people need to take a few deep breaths. Its week 2. Look where he finished last year after missing camp and holding out ... this year he's been in a camp and reportedly in tip top shape. STAY PATIENT. If you have other options I'd say use them until he shows life but I wouldn't cut him or trade him because you won't get full value. Theres only a couple things I dont like about CJ and thats his oline and his schedule. He schedule appears to be brutal... other than that.. KEEP CJ2K
I disagree. Why hold something that still carries some value only because of where he was picked versus sending him for something even barely more consistent.the lure to start him is going to be there every game you own him. Be it because of his 1st rd. draft position, his potential or memories of two years ago.With someone more consistent, you can plug them with confidence that you will get the 5-15 points per week while the other person plays him. Will they get the 20+ points the week or two that he goes off? Yea. Will you have more wins as they started him weekly and got 0-3 pts. Yea.

Johnson, for all he is worth, is not a buy low. Nobody is selling even at mid range prices.

Offered Green-Ellis in two of my leagues and was rejected each time. No counter offer, no communication from either owner about moving Johnson.

Offered Ridley in two other leagues along with a 3rd round rookie pick. No go on either of those.

Johnson, for all he is worth, is not a buy low. Nobody is selling even at mid range prices.Offered Green-Ellis in two of my leagues and was rejected each time. No counter offer, no communication from either owner about moving Johnson.Offered Ridley in two other leagues along with a 3rd round rookie pick. No go on either of those.
Yeah, a couple of the Chris Johnson owners in my leagues said that they are not trading him until his value is back up. I guess that makes some sense with all things considered, but if I owned him I would seriously consider something like BJGE and a wr3 for sure.

Johnson, for all he is worth, is not a buy low. Nobody is selling even at mid range prices.Offered Green-Ellis in two of my leagues and was rejected each time. No counter offer, no communication from either owner about moving Johnson.Offered Ridley in two other leagues along with a 3rd round rookie pick. No go on either of those.
Yeah, a couple of the Chris Johnson owners in my leagues said that they are not trading him until his value is back up. I guess that makes some sense with all things considered, but if I owned him I would seriously consider something like BJGE and a wr3 for sure.
Yeah, the difference in value between owners and potential trade partners is ridiculous. I own him and I'll probably hold onto him but I would think about BJGE or Ridley. Probably try to get another upside RB or WR out of you. That said, another CJ owner just offered me him for Ryan Matthews. Like sure, I held Matthews on my bench for two weeks to just sell him when I get to see him at work. He'll probably be top 24 when all is said and done and provides more week to week potential than most other backs in that area but not the consistency. Many owners are in love with CJ's breakout ability rather than BJGE's consistently mediocre performances.

Johnson, for all he is worth, is not a buy low. Nobody is selling even at mid range prices.

Offered Green-Ellis in two of my leagues and was rejected each time. No counter offer, no communication from either owner about moving Johnson.

Offered Ridley in two other leagues along with a 3rd round rookie pick. No go on either of those.
Yeah, the difference in value between owners and potential trade partners is ridiculous. I own him and I'll probably hold onto him but I would think about BJGE or Ridley. Probably try to get another upside RB or WR out of you. That said, another CJ owner just offered me him for Ryan Matthews. Like sure, I held Matthews on my bench for two weeks to just sell him when I get to see him at work. He'll probably be top 24 when all is said and done and provides more week to week potential than most other backs in that area but not the consistency. Many owners are in love with CJ's breakout ability rather than BJGE's consistently mediocre performances.
:lmao: :lmao:

Chris Johnson tried his hardest to lead my team to an 0-2 record but I squeaked out a 1.5pt win. :thumbup: Anybody 2-0 in their league with this stinker?

Anyone know much about Harper or Reynaud, they might get some touches if Chris Johnson continues to struggle. There's probably not much upside though with an o-line that looks atrocious and no threat of a passing game yet. Reynaud seems sort of intriguing to me, looked like their best back during the pre-season and has very good speed and some decent moves as a kick returner as well. Might be worth an add in deep leagues.

I am really starting to regret taking CJ at 10th overall in a 12 team, 6pt ALL TD, PPR league. I wasn't expecting another 2000 yard season out of him but thought he could get me around 1300 yards rushing and another 40 rec / 400 yards. Does not look like that is going to happen.

I haven't had a chance to watch either Titans' game so I can only go on what I've read. Has their offensive line and offense in general been that terrible???

I'm going try and salvage some value out of him instead of watching him circle the drain completely. I just offered him straight up for Ryan Matthews. I highly doubt the Matthews owner goes for it but its worth a shot IMO. Maybe the CJ2K hype is still in his mind...

'12punch said:
'sporthenry said:
'Nucker101 said:
'Mario Kart said:

:lmao: :lmao:
I'm not saying another top 24 guy. I'd say something like BJGE and Sydney Rice or Titus Young type player. Nothing too special but a little more. I'd gladly ship him off for Doug Martin at this point but prob have to kick something in for him.

'Mario Kart said:
The fact that neither of those trades were excepted is mind boggling. I'm honestly not sure I would have even made those offers.
'Nucker101 said:
Anyone know much about Harper or Reynaud, they might get some touches if Chris Johnson continues to struggle. There's probably not much upside though with an o-line that looks atrocious and no threat of a passing game yet. Reynaud seems sort of intriguing to me, looked like their best back during the pre-season and has very good speed and some decent moves as a kick returner as well. Might be worth an add in deep leagues.
All I know is that Reynaud sports the famous WR/RB tag, that alone had my staring at his name for several minutes.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me, since most of the people in here hate CJ, but I'm considering trading Doug Martin for him. Johnson's done nothing, Martin is what he is, and will probably wear down this season at some point with a full NFL load, and frankly, my team is somewhat stacked and the RB2 slot sounds better with a home run swing like CJ than a safe and steady Doug Martin.

Bought CJ last year about week 10, and it helped for a couple games down the stretch (and sucked for some too.)

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me, since most of the people in here hate CJ, but I'm considering trading Doug Martin for him. Johnson's done nothing, Martin is what he is, and will probably wear down this season at some point with a full NFL load, and frankly, my team is somewhat stacked and the RB2 slot sounds better with a home run swing like CJ than a safe and steady Doug Martin.Bought CJ last year about week 10, and it helped for a couple games down the stretch (and sucked for some too.)
As a CJ owner, I'd trade you for Doug Martin. If you are that secure at RB than it makes sense. Most CJ owners being 0-2 aren't worried about the playoffs and stretch run. Additionally, CJ faces a pretty nice schedule in the playoffs so if you can stash him on your bench for most of the next 5-10 weeks, you could easily get some nice value.

'sporthenry said:
I am really starting to regret taking CJ at 10th overall in a 12 team, 6pt ALL TD, PPR league. I wasn't expecting another 2000 yard season out of him but thought he could get me around 1300 yards rushing and another 40 rec / 400 yards. Does not look like that is going to happen.

I haven't had a chance to watch either Titans' game so I can only go on what I've read. Has their offensive line and offense in general been that terrible???

I'm going try and salvage some value out of him instead of watching him circle the drain completely. I just offered him straight up for Ryan Matthews. I highly doubt the Matthews owner goes for it but its worth a shot IMO. Maybe the CJ2K hype is still in his mind...
this thread is making me lol for real.

'Mario Kart said:
The fact that neither of those trades were excepted is mind boggling. I'm honestly not sure I would have even made those offers.
I made my offers and cannot add more. No idea what they might want but :shrug:

'Mario Kart said:

I made my offers and cannot add more. No idea what they might want but :shrug:
Check out this article. It's relevant to your interests. :thumbup:

Lucky, CJ gets the Det defense this week. If he can't produce this week, it's time to cut bait on this guy IMO.

Did anyone see the Sportscenter Next Level statistics on Johnson today?

They showed the average point of first contact by a defender on Johnson's runs for the last 4 years. I don't recall the 2010 and 2011 numbers, but the numbers have decreased (along with Johnson's ypc) each season.

In his 2009 season the average point of contact was 3.9 yards down the field. This season so far it's -.1 yards into the backfield.

Lucky, CJ gets the Det defense this week. If he can't produce this week, it's time to cut bait on this guy IMO.
Not sure CJ feels so lucky to face Detroit. Sure, there D isn't what it was last year, but TEN might be the worst team in the league. DET is going to be up early and often in this matchup and will dare Locker to beat them in the air. So CJ will get the same amount of touches this week as he did vs SD last week. Not looking promising, CJ owners.

The Detroit D isn't that bad, and this looks to be another game where Tenn falls behind and has to play catch up. The team is really, really bad right now.

Looking to move him but not giving him away. I've got Morris, Gore and Bradshaw ahead of him so there isn't any rush.

I'd much rather hang on to his 'potential' than give him away.

The problem here is that at some point, likely very soon, CJ could be benched. Any time you start seeing blurbs "Not considering benching Johnson"-- they're considering benching Johnson.

Once that happens, generally they don't get their job back-- or at best, they have to share. Either way, barring miraculous turnaround, I think this ship has sailed.

benching him would be the best thing for this team, but it's pretty hard to justify that kind of money on the bench.

I wonder if he'll take a pay cut for underproducing his contract.

benching him would be the best thing for this team, but it's pretty hard to justify that kind of money on the bench.I wonder if he'll take a pay cut for underproducing his contract.
I never understood this combative approach especially for running backs. He along with many other RB's are grossly underpaid on their rookie contracts and they are the ones who I can't fault for holding out since they have short shelf lives. I'd look at it more that you are paying him now for some past production as is the case with many RBs. And they can release him after this year if they want so it isn't like the Titans have their hands tied behind their backs.

Users who are viewing this thread