What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Player - FBG Projections - Actual score - differenceStarters:M. Stafford - 21.4 - 15.3 - (6.1)M. Jones-Drew - 20.2 - 17.9 - (2.3)D. Bryant - 18.9 - 4.4 - (14.5)M. Crabtree - 16.7 - 14.9 - (1.8)S. Holmes - 14.4 - 12.4 - (2.0)J. Medlock - 7.5 - 5.0 - (2.5)G. Atkins - 15.7 - 4.5 - (11.2)J. Allen - 17.7 - 7.5 - (10.2)J. Beason - 21.9 - 18.4 - (3.5)C. Greenway - 22.5 - 16.0 - (6.5)DJ. Smith - 24.4 - 18.5 - (5.9)E. Coleman - 17.6 - 12.5 - (5.1)R. Harper - 17.7 - 7.0 - (10.7)Bench:M. Cassel - 18.3 - 23.0 - 4.7P. Hillis - 13.2 - 10.2 - (3.0)J. Stewart - 11.4 - 15.9 - 4.5G. Little - 12.2 - 18.7 - 6.5D. Moore - 13.6 - 14.2 - 0.6K. Wright - 12.2 - 11.3 - (0.9)J. Hanson - 6.4 - 16.0 - 9.6C. Campbell - 11.6 - 29.5 - 17.9C. Lofton - 21.2 - 22.5 - 1.3B. Wagner - 16.5 - 9.5 - (7.0)G. Wilson - 17.1 - 11.5 - (6.0)Starters still yet to play - E. Decker, T. Gonzalez & S. NicholasI'm currently down by 81.7 pts. EVERY SINGLE STARTER FINISHED BELOW FBG PROJECTIONS!!!! My bench of 11 players has outscored my 13 starters by 28.0 pts so far.EPIC PROJECTIONS FAIL, FBG'S!!! I would have been better off to pick my starters out of a hat this week. :wall:
Lol theproje io s we largely 2 to 6 pts off the mark. That's pretty good. This was a draft fail more than a projection fail.
It's a dynasty league and my IDP's are freaking awesome. Would have been even better if Desmond Bishop hadn't gone down. I had the best regular season record last season. My rant isn't that their projections were off, but that I picked the wrong starters in basically every single position and it is going to cost me bad this week unless my final three starters go crazy tonight.I know it is just bad luck, but I have to blame someone. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately I played this weeks low scorer, mine was second lowest nothanks to the 1 point my 3 receivers got me but a win is a win.
Hilarious. Our roles were exactly reversed. My team had the worst outing of any team I have had in 20 years....and I will lose to a guy who had the second lowest score of the week. If ANYONE shows up I win, but alas I will lose to a team that scores 65 points (average score is 95 I think).

Fortunately I played this weeks low scorer, mine was second lowest nothanks to the 1 point my 3 receivers got me but a win is a win.
Hilarious. Our roles were exactly reversed. My team had the worst outing of any team I have had in 20 years....and I will lose to a guy who had the second lowest score of the week. If ANYONE shows up I win, but alas I will lose to a team that scores 65 points (average score is 95 I think).
Our average score is around 70, my score this week was 42and opponents was 27. Just terrible, my entire teamis under performing or hurt.

I got hammered this week. My opponent had the fortune of hitting on every starter. In particular, RG3, Nicks, Spiller and Graham. It just wasn't my week. :no:

Down 40 with Thomas and Julio. In ppr. I'm hoping for a huge night from them

Scored almost 300 in my IDP league and will take a loss.

Lost Hernandez :wall: but was able to trade CK.5K tonight! :pickle:

I'm may stop watching the nfl until a) they come to an agreement with the refs or b) these new guys get better. Either way...... :hot: :rant:

In a week where my top two players scored a combined 9 points (Marshall and Mcfadden), and I BENCHED Hakeem Nicks, I somehow pulled off a win thanks to Vernon Davis, Percy Harvin, and Matt Ryan.

It's always great to still win a game where you make a colossal lineup mistake like I did with Nicks.

Was even going into tonight, my Julio vs his Roddy....

Fantasy is so great
I had Julio and a 3-point lead vs. Gonzo. I figure I win that scenario 85% of the time.Not tonight.

Add that to losing multiple suicide pool spots on the Pats... after a guy who never misses a FG missed it by 40 feet.

Wish I had slept right through the weekend.

What a horrible week, and I should be ranting but somehow got the win. Andre Johnson + MacFadden + Finley for a combine 7 pts. Thankfully I played the worst team this week.

Down 15 points in 2 leagues going into tonight:

League 1: Ryan and Roddy vs. (none). Figured I had that one locked. Worried for a while but still made it. :thumbup:

League 2: McGahee vs. Bryant. Already wrote that one off as a loss, then McGahee goes off for 24 points; only to LOSE by 1 point. :rant: The loss hurts but to come so close . . . :wall:

Isn't fantasy great.

My team crapped the bed and already regret every RB I drafted this year (my own fault).

McFadden, Bradshaw, Turner, Greene.

About time to panic and trade away Megatron for some help before it gets too out of hand.

in my rotisserie league - I'm 20-0 :excited:

Of course I no longer have any Rb's and at some point the wheels will fall off but it's a great start

3 leagues, 6-0.

Crushed this week with spiller, graham & RGIII.

In one league, owners snickered at my draft - 1st place and top scorer this week.

Thanks FBG.

2-0, Top in Points, and amassing quite a ridiculous roster in my 12 team PPR through depth trades with desperate owners. Current starting lineup:

A. Rodgers

L. McCoy

D. Martin

B. Marshall

V. Cruz

G. Jennings

J. Graham

M. Bryant

Packers DST

Add Michael Bush & Brandon LaFell on my bench among others, and I'm feeling really, really good.

needed 52 from Ryan, Turner and McGhee ... got 51Lost by 1 ... Scumbag James Jones !!!!!!!!!!!!
very similar scenario for my Roman Army. I know there is a whole thread dedicated to James Jones owners this week, but the pain cannot be stated enough. I can't wait to cut him

Me: Aaron Hernandez and Julio Jones = 1pt Him: Reggie Bush and Cam = 57pts yeah I lost!

Me: Julio Jones and D. Thomas Him: +24 and Gonzo....well, I thought I had a chance (I also have RunDMC and Charles :banned:

I hate it when I am the 2nd highest scorer and played the highest scorer for the week.

You would think a team of Ryan, Rivers, Palmer, R Rice, Spiller, Marshall, VJackson, Floyd, Gronkowski, Kaeding, and PIT D would win easily (BTW this league has 2 superflex positions....hence 3 QBs)

But I played against E Manning, Nicks, Bowe, Lynch, Luck, Wallace, and Crosby....those guys alone scored 150 points.

I lost by 8.

You Cowboy loving f@$# can eat it now!!! RG3 is the f$#%*! man!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Scored 106pts in my league, which was the third highest of all 12 teams.

I lost by 5.

That means I am 0-2 despite having scored the most points in the entire league :wall:

I just had the perfect fantasy football week. Came close to 200 points and won the week, but the real rarity was complete team production. I scored double digits for every player, including those on the bench! Depth is there across positions, bye week balance is good. Been playing since 1989 and I've never see anything so balanced.

QB: Matt Ryan - 219 yds passing, 2 TD's on Monday night - 17.20 points

RB: Ray Rice - 99 yds rush, 6 rec 53 yds. Now ranks as the #1 player for the rest of the year. 21.20 points.

RB: Doug Martin - 66 yds rush, 1 TD. Clear feature back getting all the work - 12.60 points.

RB: Frank Gore - 89 yds rush, 1 TD. 2 rec 16 yds. Well-utilized by Harbaugh. 18.50 points.

WR: Percy Harvin - 13 yds rush, 12 rec 104 yds. Clear go-to guy for Ponder. My high score at 27.70 points.

WR: Reggie Wayne - 6 rec for 71 yds, 1 TD. Also the clear go-to guy (Luck). 19.10 points.

WR: Stevie Johnson - 2 rec 56 yds, 1 bomb TD. Not making a lot of catches yet, but #2 Nelson is hurt. 14.60 points.

TE: Vernon Davis - 5 rec 73 yds, 2 TD's including the game sealer with a great run - 24.30 points.

K: Mason Crosby - 3 FG incl 1 over 50 y, 2 PAT. More than doubled Rodgers' score. 19 points.

D: SF 49ers - OK performance against the Lions, 10.10 points.

IDP: D'Qwell Jackson - 3 sacks, 1 int, 14 points.

Bench

QB: Philip Rivers - 3 TD's, 284 yards, 1 int, looking like 2010 - 20.37 points.

RB: Cedric Benson - 81 yds rush, 4 rec 35 yds, feature back for GB - 16.60 points.

WR: Danny Amendola - Career day/breakthrough, Bradford's go-to guy, 15 rec for 160 yards - 39 points.

WR: Andrew Hawkins - 2 rec 56 yds, 1 medium TD. Still quick, not so many targets - 15.60 points.

WR: Greg Little - 5 rec 57 yds, 1 TD, so many #1 WR's on my team! 16.70 points.

TE: Kyle Rudolph - 3 rec 35 yds, 1 TD, may develop into a major Vikings target - 12.50

I started LaFell over Bowe, and Cam looks horrible.

Only saving grace is that my opponent has Newton and Cruz, who have done nothing so far.

Steve Smith, where art thou? Damn, Cam look like crap. Opponent has LaFell going, so I hope Cam can keep his sucking equal.

Demaryius Thomas on my bench for Steve Smith as they projected similarly this week. Oh well....f¥ck€d again.

Won the Andre Brown bidding war in my FBGPC league and started him over my stinky Chris Johnson for 28pts. :thumbup:

My opponent started Cruz, Osi & Beason tonight, I'm winning 22.4 to 7 from Tynes :D

Sucks that I dropped Andre Brown a couple weeks ago though!

Picked up and started Martellis Bennett and Andre Brown. Sat Cam Newton.

Yes I am proud of myself. :excited:

Dropped Tynes (not expecting FGs). Oh well, no one's perfect. :shrug:

My opponent had Rolle, Cam and Cruz.

I had LaFell.

In the grand scheme of things, it could have gone much worse.

I am down by 26 points because some owner in my league, not the Bradshaw owner, picked up some dude named Andre brown and started him. he will most likely outscore my rb duo of McFadden and bush. wtf

My opponent had Bradshaw and picked up Brown due to a better waiver position than me.

Of course Brown goes off :rant:

To add insult to injury, I dropped the NYG defense for AZ.

The defense gets killed for 2 weeks and looks like world beaters last night. :wall:

Down 29 - 0, could have been 29-23 if I kept the NYG defense.

Damn, I hate FF crap like this. :hot:

Started LaFell...Thank you Cam Newton! He was open a few times and Cam wouldn't stop throwing to Olsen, HEY CAM you can throw it for more then 10yds at a fricken time!!!!

But LaFell scored more this week for me then the combo of Hernandez and Julio Jones last week so I guess it could be worse.

I spent 700 of my WW $ in 2 FBGPC leagues and picked up Andre Brown and started him.....even if he plays only one week this is so worth it

Wednesday night, pick up Andre Brown. Thursday afternoon, insert him into lineup since Forte was going to miss this week. At 11:30pm on Thursday night, can't believe that I lead my opponent 29-28. Andre Brown outscored Steve Smith and Martellus Bennett combined. Nice.

Friday morning, my opponent starts complaining that he can't believe what happened.

Now I have to hope that my remaining 9 guys can outscore his remaining 8 guys.

Not often do you pick up a guy and he goes for 29 in the next game. Even if Bradshaw comes back and Brown doesn't take a featured role for the rest of the season, that was a great ww pickup.

Due to my team already being decimated by injuries I have the following guys starting this week on my 0-2 team. I doubt anyone will roll out a worse lineup this week:

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Chris Johnson, Andre Brown

WR: Mike Wallace, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Donnie Avery

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Ugh. Here's looking at 0-3.

Injuries literally everywhere, playing the softest team in that league and I could easily still lose.

Stevie Johnson, Lance Moore and Andrew Hawkins, do work. plz.

Users who are viewing this thread