What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I had the 2nd highest point total and lost, 113.35 to 113.25. I was up 10.5 points going into Monday night and I had Torrey Smith while he had his kicker Kaeding.

The worst part about it? Another guy in my league won by tying his opponent on a tiebreaker (80.75 to 80.75)!! 80.75 was the lowest score in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, actually the worst part is the botched snaps leading to those FG's. I don't know why I keep playing this ####.

5-1 in my leagues, and I had the top score in three of them...so I'm pretty happy!

The one loss I have was in a dynasty league where I took over a team and am in rebuilding mode, and even in that game, I had the 4th highest score (out of 12)...I just had a tough matchup.

I lost cause my DEF and K put up a combined 0 otherwise I outpointed my opponent by 15 FF pts.

Now I am going crazy to replace Crosby - LOL.

One of my worst weeks ever. I reached for FJax in just about every league. Reached for DHB. Started DWill. Basically my entire list of draft targets underperformed and no one scored any TDs. Just terrible. Whole season might be in the can already. I hate this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started DWill like an idiot, 0 points.

Started Colston instead of Garcon, lost by 5 points.

Jennings, Shady, Rivers, Colston, DWill, all underperformed.

Couldn't even get me out of the 30's in points. Low point

team for the week.

The Good: Matt Ryan, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Garcon

The Bad: Greg Jennings

The Ugly: Adrian Peterson, Vernon Davis - on the bench

I went from loving my team to hating it. Fred Jackson, Chris Johnson, Ryan Williams, Willis McGahee, Antonio Brown, and DHB...sucks.

Started DWill like an idiot, 0 points.

Started Colston instead of Garcon, lost by 5 points.

Jennings, Shady, Rivers, Colston, DWill, all underperformed.

Couldn't even get me out of the 30's in points. Low point

team for the week.
Even worse, if Colston doesn't fumble, you win

Waffled around on Gerhart/Peterson and tried to switch to AP two minutes too late. (now injured) Jennings' last catch cost me a one-point loss and a perfect 4-0 week.

And my other RB was FJax. Three total points from my two RBs.

CJ almost hosed me. Thank goodness I had Ray....and my father who I was playing left Ogletree and Finley on the bench. Scraped by w a 4 point victory in a low scoring affair. Went out and got Jordy Nelson today to adress my apparent weakness at REC. (Started A Brown, DHB, Celek, V Davis) Only problem now is I'm not sure who to bench, Brent or DHB versus Miami.

Ugh, had eeked out a tie even though I probably didn't deserve it.

Then Thursday NFL stat changes gave a FF to Steelers D, and lost by one point in dynasty.

On other hand, redraft team is looking pretty good right about now:

Stafford/Griffin

D. Martin/Spiller

Megatron/Julio/A. Brown/Wayne

3-1 this week and own Matt Ryan in 3 leagues and Julio Jones in 2 :)

The downside is that the team that lost looks like it will struggle this year and I have been unable to make any trades this week to shake things up before potentially going 0-2 this week.

Oh, almost forgot to add that I traded Forte, V-Jax, F.Davis for Mathews, Celek and Harvin on Tuesday. :)

On the downside, the team in the auction league I spend the most money on (and has the most bragging rights, since it is with people I know) struggled thanks to my RBs sucking: FJax and DeAngelo. The loss of FJax sucks, but with Peyton, Julio, Cruz, Decker and Antonio Brown, my team should still be really good.

On the upside, my team in a 14-team online auction league kicked total ###, mostly thanks to Romo, Megatron, Demaryius, Finley, Gronk, the Rams rookie kicker and the Bears D.

Last year, I had Mcfadden and Fred Jackson. I went 6-0 then both got hurt and cost me my season. Now, this season I have Fred jackson again and Matt Forte. Fred Jackson got hurt, and Matt Forte just got injured. WTF.....

A rant!<br><br>For all those whom are smarting about a slow start

don't--Read this and feel better. Dropped the $350 on the FFPC, draft

day big client calls around 4:30pm wants to meet for dinner and discuss a

few things. Draft wasn't going to happen for me so it already ruin

part of the enjoyment. I called around finally got a taker to do the

draft for me. Felt alright about it figuring he's okay at FF, he's in a

few leagues so forth. Told him my options for my first pick(4th). He

has to be better than auto-draft plus he had time to look at the rules,

etc... Couldn't be more wrong, besides picking up 3 D's and 3 Qb's, he

picked up three starting RB's whom stink. Actually, all three were on my

do not draft list. Yes I should of forwarded it to him but come on,

really? Low ceilings, low floor guys whom might be replaced by rookies

at some point this season. With deep benches there's nothing but flyers

hence forced my hand to over bid on bench riders hoping they start at

some point. I could go on. Frankly, it was such a disgrace, I almost

think it was done on purpose as a joke.<br><br>$350 down the tubes,

though the money isn't the issue. It's not even having a fighting chance, season for

that league done before it even started. Funny I did win my first game

by luck but I have the worst team by far. Plus FF luck happens once or

twice a year not every week. So if you didn't win because your studs

underperformed you still have a shot, it's only one week in. I have zero

shot unless starters drop like flies or other owners drop studs and everyone else is asleep for the wire, "ain't

gonna happen".<br><br>My point--One week doesn't make a

season, how much worse would you feel if your season was over before it

started and you had no hand in it? Trust me, much

worse.<br><br>Okay enough of

my rant. Silver lining, won in my 3 other leagues,

two keeper one redraft and love my chances across the board all year

but....

Anyone else have Crosby in a Yahoo league? He's got 17 pts right now. How is that possible? Did they give him credit for the fake FG TD pass?

I hate early games. I say it every year when they start, because if I have any players (or am going against any), I WILL be screwed over.

Tonight, I had Brandon Marshall (4 points), he had the Packers defense (21 points).

My team is in a huge hole because of this, and now I have to look at the terrible score all the way until Sunday.

I can't be disappointed too much about the one league I own Marshall in.

My opponent this week fielded Aaron Rodgers and I laid him to waste with Clay Matthews and his 3 1/2 sacks... in a league with inflated 5 points/sack scoring rules.

Currently lead this matchup by a score of 22.90 to 6.00.

But what about that league I own Rodgers in you ask? Where I also started Randall Cobb?

Well, that's worked out just fine as well. My opponent in that league started Cutler, Marshall and a freshly wounded Forte.

Currently lead this matchup by a score of 17.19 to 16.64.

Match 3 - Cobb vs. Nelson - Cobb doesn't miss his projection as much as Jordy does. Advantage: Me.

Match 4 - Nelson vs. Marshall - Jordy doesn't miss his projection as much as Marshall does. Advantage: Me.

Match 5 - Technically, this could be considered a loss as I started Jordy and my opponent started nobody tonight. Still projected to win, though and this is the same opponent I have in Match 1 so I'll still call this a win. :boxing:

So... started James Jones yesterday instead of waiting to see if Moore is ready to go for Oakland this week. Oops.

It ****ing figures. The Packers/Bears game is pretty much a fantasy wasteland & of all the players I could have faced this week, it's the damn Packers DST. Why the hell couldn't I have faced Rodgers, or Marshall, 2 studs who did very little relatively speaking? Oh no...I'll face them in a weeks when they blow up. FML.

I aggressively targeted McFadden, Ryan, Julio, and Donald Brown in all leagues this year. Coincidentally in first overall in 3/4 leagues.

I am hoping Antonio Brown, DMC, Rice, Jimmy Graham, and my Ravens DST can make up for the duds I got out of Cutler, Cobb, and Marshall! I am going to have a hard time winning, because my op still has Matt Ryan, Julio, and Megatron left to play.

A girl can dream.

Went in to make changes to my lineup today and it turns out due to a Yahoo! scoring change my L has turned to a big fat W. Thanks Detroit mystery sack!

My work league team is really really killing me this year. I have 20 points right now, almost all between two players (Nicks and Nugent). The rest of the team is basically a net zero (Gronk, Bradshaw, James Jones). Ugh this is going to be a long year.

90 seconds before kick off I bench Spiller for Ridley. My deepest gut instinct was to play them both and bench DMC. Oak never plays well at 1 pm east coast time.

Gonna lose.

And oh yeah, I have Hernandez too.

My work league team is really really killing me this year. I have 20 points right now, almost all between two players (Nicks and Nugent). The rest of the team is basically a net zero (Gronk, Bradshaw, James Jones). Ugh this is going to be a long year.
We should be playing each other. My two money teams have combined for almost nothing through the first half: RB J Charles & DMC; WR Andre, Fitz, Lloyd, and Torrey; TE Rudolph. Gonna take a big second half for either team to have hope going into the rest of the games.

Led by 17 going into the Monday Finale - where I got Kaedinged and lost by .5.

Had SD not had a penalty and a negative rush in their last drive, the last FG would not have beaten me because it would have been under 40 yards :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread