What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS 2012: Back to the Future II - Draft and Season Thread (4 Viewers)

Let me make sure I know what I'm doing here. I have 30 eligible players on my roster. 28 I will probably use. I should put 3 hitters in my AAA somehow and 2 pitchers and then my last guy will be some useless 200K guy. Right?

I know we did this last year, but at what point do I select my AAA?

Let me make sure I know what I'm doing here. I have 30 eligible players on my roster. 28 I will probably use. I should put 3 hitters in my AAA somehow and 2 pitchers and then my last guy will be some useless 200K guy. Right?I know we did this last year, but at what point do I select my AAA?
i just entered my team. you pay your entry fee, and then draft your team (or carryover from free area). The draft page will have 6 slots available for AAA hitters, and 4 for AAA pitchers. Fill those slots as needed/appropriate with guys from your team. There may be spots left open if you don't have enough to fill all the spots.As eephus has been pointing out, some of your scrubs are probably not going to be on the AAA list, and so you'll have to put them on your active roster, and put some of your top 25 guys on AAA to start out the season.Edit to clarify: the AAA section will only show up once you have picked the first 25 guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me make sure I know what I'm doing here. I have 30 eligible players on my roster. 28 I will probably use. I should put 3 hitters in my AAA somehow and 2 pitchers and then my last guy will be some useless 200K guy. Right?I know we did this last year, but at what point do I select my AAA?
i just entered my team. you pay your entry fee, and then draft your team (or carryover from free area). The draft page will have 6 slots available for AAA hitters, and 4 for AAA pitchers. Fill those slots as needed/appropriate with guys from your team. There may be spots left open if you don't have enough to fill all the spots.As eephus has been pointing out, some of your scrubs are probably not going to be on the AAA list, and so you'll have to put them on your active roster, and put some of your top 25 guys on AAA to start out the season.Edit to clarify: the AAA section will only show up once you have picked the first 25 guys.
Entering AAA hitters was kind of a PitA. I think the best way to go about is it is to go through post #3505 first and find your AAA eligible hitters. Then enter your Major League lineup excluding the minor league eligibles. After entering your 25 man roster, fill in your AAA hitters and pitchers.If you're unable to field the eight defensive positions on your big league roster, there is an HTML trick that allows you to insert players out of position. If this is a problem, I'll try to dig out the details.The AAA pitching list is longer and there aren't positional requirements, so it hopefully shouldn't cause as many problems.

Entering AAA hitters was kind of a PitA. I think the best way to go about is it is to go through post #3505 first and find your AAA eligible hitters. Then enter your Major League lineup excluding the minor league eligibles. After entering your 25 man roster, fill in your AAA hitters and pitchers.If you're unable to field the eight defensive positions on your big league roster, there is an HTML trick that allows you to insert players out of position. If this is a problem, I'll try to dig out the details.The AAA pitching list is longer and there aren't positional requirements, so it hopefully shouldn't cause as many problems.
Do we have a list of which pitchers I can count on putting in AAA or not? Or do I not need it because I can just switch people off the 25 man if I don't have who I need?

Do we have a list of which pitchers I can count on putting in AAA or not? Or do I not need it because I can just switch people off the 25 man if I don't have who I need?
Somebody else will have to post this because I've already entered my team.The list of AAA eligible pitchers was over twice as long as the hitters.

We can add the other AAA players that WIS (for some ####ed up reason) won't let us add later, right?
You're stuck with your major league roster for pre-season simlive and opening day. After opening day, you can move your AAA players to your 25-man roster. Keep in mind there is a deadline during the season for freezing the 25-man rosters. You need to keep this date in mind rather than game 162 when planning around any PA or IP shortages.

in teh live teh sim
should be able to play some after 5 if I ever figure out what I'm doing with this AAA stuff. I think I'll just make a 25 man, add 3 hitters and see what happens with the pitchers. Can I change my 25 man if the pitchers I plan to AAA aren't AAA eligible?

We can add the other AAA players that WIS (for some ####ed up reason) won't let us add later, right?
You're stuck with your major league roster for pre-season simlive and opening day. After opening day, you can move your AAA players to your 25-man roster. Keep in mind there is a deadline during the season for freezing the 25-man rosters. You need to keep this date in mind rather than game 162 when planning around any PA or IP shortages.
So the junk players will have to be on 25 man opening day or they're byebye forever?

Sweet baby jesus,this is horrible.

So the junk players will have to be on 25 man opening day or they're byebye forever?
No, you have free movement between 25m & AAA from game 2 until the second deadline. After that, you're stuck with your active roster through the World Series. Not that I need to worry about that.

'Doctor Detroit said:
I've been gone for a week, will enter stuff tomorrow.I still need a starter. Anyone? Anyone????
Best I have is Tillman's 81 starter innings. If interested, I would just want a minor improvement on one of my players in my 25 man roster above.

Ogando

Motte

Broxton

Herrera

Jepsen

Need starting innings. The quality of starter would determine which of those guys would be traded.

I'm trying to propose a trade in fantrax and it says a guy on my roster is no longer on my roster.

:confused:

Can you help commish? Think we have one last trade coming through and I'll load my roster tonight

Wow, all these AAA guys are not showing up so this is a pain to try and balance. How do AAA players work during the season? You can move them in and out?

Wow, all these AAA guys are not showing up so this is a pain to try and balance. How do AAA players work during the season? You can move them in and out?
After game 1 we will be able to move them up and down. You can do that during the year but there is a cutoff point (trading deadline maybe?) where your 25 man finalizes for the rest of the season.

Greco really ####ed up this team. I shouldn't even use it under my profile it's so ####### bad. :thumbdown:

After game 1 we will be able to move them up and down. You can do that during the year but there is a cutoff point (trading deadline maybe?) where your 25 man finalizes for the rest of the season.
I think it's at game # 120
Yes, it is usually game 120. If the commish sets "use transaction deadline" to no, then it's game 159. but I'm not sure we need to do that.

Just ran across one of the all-time drafts (WIS V I believe)... that thread was 275 pages long.

We need a "Reunion Tour" draft this winter. Everyone back for some good times. We probably have enough people to make it an All-Time, 48-team, 2 full league extravaganza. League winners meet in the Uber Championship of the Universe for an actual gold Members Only jacket. There will be mayhem, cheating, lying, lolly_trades, Koya bong nights, WIS AfterHours, and so much more.

Someone set us up the sign-up list.

Users who are viewing this thread