What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

'GeauxTigers said:
Congrats to my boys on win # 900 and beating little brother. All seems right with the world again. They can officially put RR behind them and move on. To my question of the day...what is everyone's beef with ND? Is the SEC the only place a team can have a very good defense and a crap offense and be considered "great" or "championship" material? I'm far from a ND apologist. I'd like to see them lose every game in hopes that Kelly's head explode, but I have to give credit where it's due.
Maybe because they barely beat an average at best BYU team at home.
BYU is no Auburn. That's for sure.
I said at home which makes a big difference.

'LHUCKS said:
If Notre Dame played Oregon or Bama on a neutral site they would be 2 TD dogs.
List of teams that wouldn't be a 2 TD dog to either of these teams. I'm beginning to think people actually believe lines are about who the better team is :unsure:
Arizona State -8 to Oregon last Thurs, though that was not at a neutral site and the Ducks were up 43-7 by the half.
Were there THAT many delusional ASU fans out there? I really need to pay closer attention to Oregon's line going forward. I don't see them losing any more games minus maybe the Oregon State game?? The only one I wouldn't bet on and give 14 or so points is USC. That's in Cali this year right?
It was the only game this year where the Ducks were favored by less than 20, IIRC. But they played Ark State, Tenn State (or tech?), Fresno, etc...Arizona State was the first team they played that wasn't utter garbage. And it was their first true road game. Wash State was played in Seattle.The line opened at 11 or so and was bet down to 7.5. I have no idea why. I loaded the boat on Oregon at 10 and later at 8 and 8.5. My reasoning was that they won't be less than 10 point faves in any game this year, outside of maybe USC (and even that is debatable). USC game is in LA this year. It won't be an easy game for them. Oregon State is in Corvallis this year and that could be a tough game too. Ducks have yet to face any sort of challenge this season. I don't think they will until they go down to USC. Washington was supposed to be a better game, it was a bloodbath.

K-State, congrats. No matter what you do, this is, at most, a 2-week stay that high in the BCS. :boxing:

That said, how good a coach is Bill Snyder. I mean...K-State? And for the first season in memory, they look legit. I forget what year it was...2007?8? they were ranked high, but nowhere near as good as their ranking. This year is different imo. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
'LHUCKS said:
Notre Dame would finish in the middle of the Pac12 and the SEC.
Care to make a gentlemen's to LHUCKS bet on what ND's SOS is at the end of this regular season vs anyone you want to pick out of the P12?
As I've pointed out, it will be one of the most misleading SOS's in the history of college football.Playoff system can't get hear soon enough.

'prefontaine said:
most interesting line of the year (to me). Bama opens as 24 point favorite over 7-0 Miss St
Mississippi State has done a great job taking care of business this year, but what have they done to make you think they can stay within three touchdowns of Alabama?The only team they played that isn't total garbage is Tennessee, who they beat at home by 10. Nice win, but that doesn't mean they can stay within 3 TDs of the Crimson Tide. Alabama has won 5 games by 30+ points this year, and I don't think Mississippi State is as good as Michigan and I don't think they're that much better than a team like Missouri, who Alabama killed on the road.I think 24 is the right line.

'prefontaine said:
most interesting line of the year (to me). Bama opens as 24 point favorite over 7-0 Miss St
Mississippi State has done a great job taking care of business this year, but what have they done to make you think they can stay within three touchdowns of Alabama?The only team they played that isn't total garbage is Tennessee, who they beat at home by 10. Nice win, but that doesn't mean they can stay within 3 TDs of the Crimson Tide. Alabama has won 5 games by 30+ points this year, and I don't think Mississippi State is as good as Michigan and I don't think they're that much better than a team like Missouri, who Alabama killed on the road.I think 24 is the right line.
Agree. And Tennessee is garbage.

'GeauxTigers said:
Congrats to my boys on win # 900 and beating little brother. All seems right with the world again. They can officially put RR behind them and move on. To my question of the day...what is everyone's beef with ND? Is the SEC the only place a team can have a very good defense and a crap offense and be considered "great" or "championship" material? I'm far from a ND apologist. I'd like to see them lose every game in hopes that Kelly's head explode, but I have to give credit where it's due.
Maybe because they barely beat an average at best BYU team at home.
BYU is no Auburn. That's for sure.
I said at home which makes a big difference.
:lol: Somehow I knew that was coming. Clemson and Ole Miss didn't have any problems going in there and beating them. Heck even Arkansas went in there and handed them their ###.

'prefontaine said:
IMO Miss St is much better than Mizzou at this point in the season. Mizzou is on par with Auburn. Miss St is 2nd tier after UA, UF, and LSU. They have plenty of size. Play a physical brand. Are experienced. Have some WR talent. 3rd rated QB in the conference. And Mullen has a lot of potential and has just been due for some big wins.Nothing in the stats so far that would lead you to believe they can give Alabama a game (their Run D is especially a concern for them here)....but I just think they do.

K-State, congrats. No matter what you do, this is, at most, a 2-week stay that high in the BCS. :boxing:That said, how good a coach is Bill Snyder. I mean...K-State? And for the first season in memory, they look legit. I forget what year it was...2007?8? they were ranked high, but nowhere near as good as their ranking. This year is different imo. :thumbup:
They were hovering near the top 10 last year too and lost to a tough Arkansas team in the Cotton Bowl.I don't see any way they aren't in the NC if they win out given how tough the Big12 is this year.

'prefontaine said:
Knowing Nick Saban, he will take at least 1 day to get a head start on LSU. Frustrated as a LSU fan. Mettenburger is put in a position to make 1 read throws. Only 2 guys out on routes. TAMU put both their safeties in the box and told LSU to throw and LSU still couldn't find much success throwing the ball. There either needs to be better situational play calling and Zack needs to throw nothing but deep balls the entire bye week. It's the only way we will hang around with Bama.

What happens if Rutgers or Louisville run the table?Fiesta Bowl? :unsure:
Has very little to do with them and everything to do with what happens around them. If they get enough help, they could be in the title game. If all the big schools keep this up, probably pushed all the way to Orange who has the last BCS pick (especially Rutgers). The only way the Sugar/Fiesta happen is if a school like Boise makes it that they want even less.

'prefontaine said:
IMO Miss St is much better than Mizzou at this point in the season. Mizzou is on par with Auburn. Miss St is 2nd tier after UA, UF, and LSU. They have plenty of size. Play a physical brand. Are experienced. Have some WR talent. 3rd rated QB in the conference. And Mullen has a lot of potential and has just been due for some big wins.Nothing in the stats so far that would lead you to believe they can give Alabama a game (their Run D is especially a concern for them here)....but I just think they do.
:goodposting: Miss State is a damn good football team. They are much better than Mizzou.

Has very little to do with them and everything to do with what happens around them. If they get enough help, they could be in the title game. If all the big schools keep this up, probably pushed all the way to Orange who has the last BCS pick (especially Rutgers). The only way the Sugar/Fiesta happen is if a school like Boise makes it that they want even less.
Have to keep an eye on Boise State and Ohio, as well. Not for the championship game, but potentially to crash a BCS bowl.All one needs to do is finish in the top 16 and ahead of at least one of the champions of an AQ conference. Boise currently is No. 21, Ohio 24. Their best bet, obviously, is that the eventual BE champion fades or a team like Cincy still manages to win the league. Less likely is that a team other than Florida State wins the ACC -- certainly possibly, since NC State would be in good shape to win its division if it beats Clemson.Ohio has some interesting chances to gain some exposure coming up. After facing Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, their next three games all would be mid-week TV games on either ESPN2 or ESPNU.

What happens if Rutgers or Louisville run the table?

Fiesta Bowl? :unsure:
Have to keep an eye on Boise State and Ohio, as well. Not for the championship game, but potentially to crash a BCS bowl.All one needs to do is finish in the top 16 and ahead of at least one of the champions of an AQ conference. Boise currently is No. 21, Ohio 24. Their best bet, obviously, is that the eventual BE champion fades or a team like Cincy still manages to win the league. Less likely is that a team other than Florida State wins the ACC -- certainly possibly, since NC State would be in good shape to win its division if it beats Clemson.

Ohio has some interesting chances to gain some exposure coming up. After facing Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, their next three games all would be mid-week TV games on either ESPN2 or ESPNU.
The bowl has to choose them right? I think getting into the top 16 is just making you eligible to be chosen.

'GeauxTigers said:
'gump said:
'prefontaine said:
:goodposting: Miss State is a damn good football team. They are much better than Mizzou.
To be fair, Mizzou has been ravaged by injuries. But, all things being equal, Miss St still edges a healthy Mizzou probably.

'The Commish said:
'Dickie Dunn said:
'cheese said:

Have to keep an eye on Boise State and Ohio, as well. Not for the championship game, but potentially to crash a BCS bowl.All one needs to do is finish in the top 16 and ahead of at least one of the champions of an AQ conference. Boise currently is No. 21, Ohio 24. Their best bet, obviously, is that the eventual BE champion fades or a team like Cincy still manages to win the league. Less likely is that a team other than Florida State wins the ACC -- certainly possibly, since NC State would be in good shape to win its division if it beats Clemson.

Ohio has some interesting chances to gain some exposure coming up. After facing Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, their next three games all would be mid-week TV games on either ESPN2 or ESPNU.
The bowl has to choose them right? I think getting into the top 16 is just making you eligible to be chosen.
The highest-ranked champion of a non-AQ conference will receive an automatic berth if:-- It is ranked in the top 12, or

-- Ranked in the top 16 and higher than at least one AQ conference champion.

Boise got screwed last year because it didn't win the Mountain West. ... TCU did (and was only 18th in the final standings). Boise got bypassed for at-large spots by Michigan and Virginia Tech.

'The Commish said:
'Dickie Dunn said:
'cheese said:

The highest-ranked champion of a non-AQ conference will receive an automatic berth if:-- It is ranked in the top 12, or

-- Ranked in the top 16 and higher than at least one AQ conference champion.

Boise got screwed last year because it didn't win the Mountain West. ... TCU did (and was only 18th in the final standings). Boise got bypassed for at-large spots by Michigan and Virginia Tech.
Thanks!

To be fair, Mizzou has been ravaged by injuries. But, all things being equal, Miss St still edges a healthy Mizzou probably.
Ya'll should be Kentucky this week.
:mellow:
You can't be serious. You never heard the word ya'll?
Do y'all spell y'all differently in Louisiana? Is it like go?
Does it really matter where you put the apostrophe? LOL...I guess I did misspell it now that I look at it.

Ya'll should be Kentucky this week.
:mellow:
You can't be serious. You never heard the word ya'll?
Do y'all spell y'all differently in Louisiana? Is it like go?
Does it really matter where you put the apostrophe? LOL...I guess I did misspell it now that I look at it.
Just bored at work :lol:

'Dickie Dunn said:
'cheese said:
Have to keep an eye on Boise State and Ohio, as well. Not for the championship game, but potentially to crash a BCS bowl.All one needs to do is finish in the top 16 and ahead of at least one of the champions of an AQ conference. Boise currently is No. 21, Ohio 24. Their best bet, obviously, is that the eventual BE champion fades or a team like Cincy still manages to win the league. Less likely is that a team other than Florida State wins the ACC -- certainly possibly, since NC State would be in good shape to win its division if it beats Clemson.Ohio has some interesting chances to gain some exposure coming up. After facing Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, their next three games all would be mid-week TV games on either ESPN2 or ESPNU.
They also could finish ahead of the B10 champ. With OSU eliminated, that's definitely possible.The only teams worried about them are the SEC/P12 and maybe Oklahoma. I see virtually 0 chance any other conference sends a non-champ to the BCS so those teams that aren't champs are the ones in danger of losing out to Boise/Ohio. 10 spots, 6 champs, probably ND, 2nd best SEC team, 2nd best P12 team, Boise/Ohio would take the place of SEC#3 (LSU/SCar?) or P12#3 (Oregon St/USC?). I could also see a 2 loss Oklahoma as the swing team. Kansas St needs 2 losses to not be the champ as far as I know so they're basically Fiesta Bowl or bust.

'Dickie Dunn said:
'cheese said:

They also could finish ahead of the B10 champ. With OSU eliminated, that's definitely possible.The only teams worried about them are the SEC/P12 and maybe Oklahoma. I see virtually 0 chance any other conference sends a non-champ to the BCS so those teams that aren't champs are the ones in danger of losing out to Boise/Ohio.

10 spots, 6 champs, probably ND, 2nd best SEC team, 2nd best P12 team, Boise/Ohio would take the place of SEC#3 (LSU/SCar?) or P12#3 (Oregon St/USC?). I could also see a 2 loss Oklahoma as the swing team. Kansas St needs 2 losses to not be the champ as far as I know so they're basically Fiesta Bowl or bust.
If KState loses to Tech this weekend and then OU, Tech, and KState all win out they will finish tied and I believe the tiebreaker in that situation is highest BCS ranking. So it's possible but imo it's extremely unlikely.

If KState loses to Tech this weekend and then OU, Tech, and KState all win out they will finish tied and I believe the tiebreaker in that situation is highest BCS ranking. So it's possible but imo it's extremely unlikely.
Probably the most interesting game this weekend that no one is talking about. It's a really good matchup between two veteran coaches that have their teams doing all the little things right.

I know it's your school and it's hard not to be a touch biased and you want to believe they are better than they've played, but I'm pretty sure MSU would beat Mizzou pretty handily. MSU hasn't really been tested and while they played the weaker sisters on their schedule closer than they should have, but that often happens to big programs that don't take those games seriously or play a very vanilla game plan. They've comfortably won all the conference games. Miss St is a good team. I don't think they are a great team, but they get their chance over the next few weeks to prove that wrong. I think people overlook them because of the name on their jerseys but Mullen has built a solid program. They still have questions, much like Rutgers or Oregon St or Ohio, but every team has bad games when they don't play up to their potential or their opponent plays lights out. It's not easy to win them all even when you are the better team.

btw, since some expressed interest last week when I posted details, tv ratings in the various time slots throughout the weekend this past weekend

noon

Virginia Tech-Clemson (or Purdue-Ohio State), ABC, 3.1

LSU-Texas A&M, ESPN, 2.8

South Carolina-Florida, CBS, 3.3

BYU-Notre Dame, NBC, 2.7

Nebraska-Northwestern (or South Florida-Louisville or Texas Tech-TCU), ABC, 2.4

Stanford-California, Fox, 0.7

primetime

Florida State-Miami (or Baylor-Texas), ABC 3.5

Alabama-Tennessee, ESPN, 2.6

Kansas State-West Virginia, Fox, 1.7

No other games had over a 1.0 share. The fact that KSU-WVU lost to cable is a catastrophe really. And given that, I'm not even sure what to say about the 330 slot on Fox. It's estimated that cable games, even on ESPN, would get about 50% higher ratings if placed on the networks.

I think these are all the games that are over 4.0 so far but I don't have source access. I have to review summary emails and it's sort of a pain in the ###

4.8 - Bama-Michigan, ABC

4.6 - LSU-Florida, CBS

4.0 - ND-Michigan, NBC

Users who are viewing this thread